LieutenantDan

Fairwell, had enough of this

I haven't played this game yet and don't even know if I will' date=' but speaking from experience in other games, some people get bored and just kill for "lulz". It's annoying as hell but is just the nature of the game. Until the devs implement greater consequences for being a bandit, ya just have to deal with it or move on.

It sounds like part of the fun is dealing with other survivors anyways, right?

Also, newbie question: how easy is it to get killed? Single-shots, right?

[/quote']

Why are you bothering posting in a forum for a game you may or may not play? And on top of that, ask a question that can be answered watching youtube vids? Think about it. Are you that lonely?

Question: How easy is it to get killed?

Answer: Hit yourself in the face with a hammer.

To answer your first question: because I want to see if I should play the game and am passing time while the demo downloads.

Am I lonely? I don't see how that's relevant, but the answer is no.

Eh. I've seen forums more proliferated with trolls, so I'm used to it :p Just don't waste your time with juvenile posts like these, please...it earns you no friends.

Lets do some fact finding here instead of the ldumb trolling:

This is bullshit' date=' had a character just get killed about a minute ago. Guy drove up next to me in a uaz, called out over voice that i was friendly and he drove off. Walking through the middle of town, next thing you know im blow to hell by god know what.

[...']

Guy who killed me in vybor, [...]

On a fine day in Chernarus, LieutenantDan was walking through the middle of Vybor, someone drove up to him in an UAZ, asking if he was friendly on directional, drove off and then decided to shoot him.

Did you reply? It doesn't seem so (by your report).

Were you a possible threat? Yes

Did you get killed? Yes

Every player is deemed a potential threat by many and if you don't respond to directional or do not cooperate, then you will get shot. Also grats on wandering around in the open just south of NWAF, the sociopath honeypot. The only person you should be mad of is yourself.

I kill on sight, if some1 says "im friendly" shoot them anyway because 9 times out of 10, they will see your superior equipment and makrov you to the head. Believe me, i learnt the hard way. So get out there and light them up. Because after all, a dead man cant shoot back.

A few points I would like to make.

- Play with friends you know if real life. Use some sort of third party voice chat software. Skype, Teamspeak, and Ventrilo are some easy options.

- I kill on sight. Problem? I do this to protect what is mine. If I see you, I will kill you. I don't care if you don't see me yet. I don't care if you only have a hatchet. I don't care if you have a bigger gun than me. Nothing matters but my own safety. If you do happen to find someone friendly online, chances are that you will get backstabbed later on. Don't deal with it.

- In a real life zombie Apocalypse (Which is kind of stupid thing for us to be going over. Zombies will never exist. Even if they did, it's a GAME...not real life.) people would be out for themselves and their family. I have family and close friends who are epileptic. If there is some sort of ending coming to our world as we know it, you better get the heck out of my way at the pharmacy, because you are going down. Same situation if I met someone outside in a random field 2 years into the whole ordeal. You have beans... Funny, I'm the bean bandit *Shoots*.

- Okay. So you're mad, fine. We all get a bit pissy when we lost what we played to gain for so long. Here's what I have done...

1) Go on youtube and search "Apple fail care" and skip to 3:43 - 4:49. Now think of that every time you die <3

2) Go on youtube and search "South Park And It's Gone". Then you can watch the music video someone made of just laugh at the phrase "It's Gone, it's all gone" said by the banker.

Final Summation: It's a game. For me, the only way to have fun is to win, or troll when I lose. Have fun out there, it's a human eat human world...

Have fun out there' date=' it's a human eat human world...

[/quote']

No, NO, I refuse to eat other people ;_;

Beans, however...

Can I have your stuff ? (if you've anything left before you go).

Me too' date=' finally got some good stuff, after hours of walking around Cherno, I had a good supply of food and drinks to last me weeks, I had an Aks-74 and a makorav with like 4 clips, and was killed by a person who i had dropped a G17 to like a second ago. There isn't any friends, at first it was fun, a game having to survive the zombie apocalypse, but now its just running from every city, isolating yourself so you aren't killed by 'friendlies'. It's Not Dayz, its PvPz.

[/quote']

You didn't even make a dent in the game with that loadout... Keep playing! Play with people you trust (your long-term friends on Steam)! I've died several times before I struck big with on this life and our squad is pure badass! If you don't know the "friendlies" and they're not using proper "etiquette" for presenting their friendliness (i.e lowering or putting away their weapon/going into a salute position/sitting, etc.), I wouldn't take my chances trusting 'em! :P

The real problem with this game is it's broken! So, as in real life, friction always takes the path of least resistance.

Case and Point.

(1) Shoot 1 zombie, his 20 clones then teleport for the "ass kicking party". If u live, your reward is 1 empty coke can. You then do a "Snoopy" dance and two minutes later you die of thirst on the bank of a pond, beside a sign that reads "You only can drink from here if you were lucky enough to find an official "DayZ" Canteen, NO EXCEPTIONS !!!"

(2) Shoot 1 player, his friends don't have a clue where the "ass kicking party" is supposed to be. 1X1 you then slaughter his companions. You, cowardly, crawl down to pick the remains of 4 people who spent the entire weekend, "with a morale compass at hand", gathering food, beverages, a variety of backpacks, guns and ammo, medical supplies and a.... Holy Shit a Map of the Island. You then do a back flip, pound your chest and proclaim to the world "WHO DA MAN", 2 minutes later you put the spoils among the numerous pallets of unearned shit you have. After all, should I catch a bullet tomorrow it's nice to know I can be fully geared up in a matter of minutes. You scratch your ass then smell your fingers, you say to yourself, I wonder wtf "DAYZ" stands for?

Give us all a fighting chance to climb the ladder. Wipe the players slate clean after each version fix or at least make the spawn points non pvp so we can gather the tools to survive before we venture into a free fire zone.

Semper Fi

The thing that makes "trying" to make friends and be "friendly" hard is that this guy freaking drove right next to me' date=' saw me and started honking his horn like as if he was ok with me being so close. I get up and start walking over to him and he drives off. I used my mic, like every player should have, and called out friendly. Ok i don't see him anymore, i thought ok this guy doesn't trust me, cant blame him with all the pvp killing. I start walking through town hear an explosion and thought, maybe he crashed his uaz trying to get the heck out of dodge. Nope, he was firing grenades at me and missed the first shot. Sure got me the second time though. I guess im done trying to make friends like i intended to do. Just going to kill everything i see move like an COD playing 10 year old. That is what this game is now. No friends just enemies.

Edit: unless you team up before your in-game. Making friends in-game is no longer an option. But it kind of breaks immersion to me in a way. I mean how do you make friends before you meet them? If anyone wants to team up or let me into a group, i play in the dallas servers.

[/quote']

I made alot of friends ingame.

It's quite easy, maybe you're just making people paranoid by pointing your stupid gun at them at all times.

Serves you right.

• Like 1

Is this the thread where we cry about the game being in Alpha?

Leave, no one likes cry babies like you anyway.

I said he sells those in large quantity. He has military weapons such as a few m16 and m4. He also has two barret rifles, m107 and the civilian version of the m85 bolt action. He has many others in his dedicated weapons room of his basement including an m2 browning. Guess this makes me more "badass" than you will ever be. So keep hiding behind your "badassery" from surviving in a game.

My uncle is a fireman!

deal with it, remember the walking dead season 2 in the pub ? yes he killed the 2 guys. Its okay that you get killed its your mistake. If you see someone kill him, he wants your gear you want his gear thats all.

deal with it

deal with it

Reading the off-topic responses in this thread was hilarious. The following posters would fail an LSAT exam:

"So.. You're mad why? Dying is half the fun in DayZ"

That wasn't his point.

"Do not get attached to your gear' date=' as it will not get attached to you."[/quote']

That wasn't his point.

"You lost your gear? So? Get over yourself."

That wasn't his point.

"This is not the game for you if you feel this strongly after dying."

That wasn't his point.

"You're quitting the game because you died is just the most whiny thing ever."

That wasn't his point.

Even high school drop-outs who drive garbage trucks at least possess the ability to comprehend the topic of a discussion. Don't bother voting or watching political debates if you can't figure out the topic of a conversation.

Good evaluation' date=' since clearly none of them did understand. Think i will wait a while to play again. Give time for the deathmatch killers and item hoarders to get bored of the game which eventually will happen. Then ppl can play the game as intended without disturbance from these incompetent people.

[hr']

You lost your gear? So.

Get over yourself.

Also are you retarded' date=' why would you think walking through a town is a good idea? And then you complain about people killing you constantly, oh ok.

[/quote']

Are you retarded? I understand this is a military sim but if i should fear walking through town then it destroys the point of the mod. The point of the mod isn't for pvp killing. Its about survival and zombies along with interacting with pvp. If everyone wants to kill you then whats the point? I know this isn't real life but its supposed to be immersive and in what world would ppl just kill everyone that wasn't a zombie? There would definitely be ppl forming up with one another to survive. But nope, i forgot this is a game where everyone wants to kill each other because its fake. If this is the way the mod continues, its ruined for me.

Once again, why would you think walking through the middle of a heavily populated town is a good idea. Yes you should fear walking through it, do you think if a real zombie apocalypse happened, people wouldn't sit and wait for other survivors to come in and then shoot them and take their gear or people that have gone crazy and shoot for fun, not to mention the zombies that would be in there. I get that you've had bad experiences with the mod, but I implore you to reconsider, you will find nice survivors, not everyone shoots on sight.

It's basically an elevated level of paranoia, I encounter people daily on Day Z, do I kill them? No. But I make sure I have the advantage over them. For instance I was playing the other day, myself and a friend were running towards a town inland, my buddy happened to turn around and see a survivor coming our way, but he hadn't seen us yet, I and him instantly hit the deck. Then two more survivors came along with the first person, rather than shooting them all, we laid in wait to see what they would do. They came close to where we were, my buddy said over direct chat "We're friendly, we don't want any trouble, leave now." They initially didn't say anything and started to move towards us, did we fire, no, we waited. One of them responded eventually and said "Ok, we'll leave" and they left. If they hadn't complied with our orders we would of had no choice but to shoot them as we didn't know what their intentions are. But most of all we had the advantage over them, we were on a hill, I was behind a tree and my buddy was in the bushes. If they had decided to engage us, we would of slaughtered them. Both parties left and no blood was shed, simple.

Oh and i guess you would know all that from experience? Pretty sure there hasn't been a zombie apocalypse. So you really believe a big majority of ppl would sit around waiting for survivors to come around to kill them? Please tell me your joking. You would try and pair up with them, doubling your chance of survival. Sure there would be crazy ppl kill for survival but definitely not 9/10 ppl. More like 1/100 as ppl would be paired up for the most part anyway. Plus not everyone would be armed with guns in an apocalypse. I will do a playthrough without a gun and i guarantee you someone will shoot me for absolutely no reason.

Clearly you have played too many games to think like that, or watched too much TV. Human nature draws people together in times of extreme need and survival, not killing each other off.

Experience regarding a zombie apocalypse has nothing to do with that. It is common sense, why would you think walking through the middle of a town that's been in a zombie apocalypse is a good idea. Every depiction we've had of a zombie apocalypse in the games and TV shows I watch too much of has depicted cities as death traps and you should stay far, fair away from them. How is that going to be any different if it happened in real life?

Hopefully one does happen as you'll get to experience that yes there are nice people out there, but when there is no law and order left in the world do you really think everyone is going to team up and be friendly together?

It did sound a lot like your point.

1.) You will die in DayZ. No matter what you do.

2.) Dont get attached to your gear.

3.) When you play alone: Be paranoid, KoS

4.) When you have a big backpack, KoS

5.) When you have a above average weapon, KoS

6.) FFS prone, think strategically, get to know famous sniper spots.

7.) DayZ is hard. But not impossible.

Actually its getting pretty easy if you know where and how to loot.

Otherwise:

Convince friends to play with you. People will think twice to attack 3 armed guys with the same clantags who work together. It will be more fun, it ill be more rewarding (You actually can help unconsius people with broken bones without getting shot afterwards). You dont need to pussy out everytime someone trys to shoot you. You can build a car much faster. List goes on.

I have played for only a while but have been teamed up with people. New players or old. Mostly people walking with ak's could be friendly to trick you. But mostly be careful. I go on the LOTC server that have a hardcore minecraft roleplay server so people are generally friendly. Unless your in cherno. It's just a matter of luck IMO.

Tip: Winchester with pellets = awesome 1-2 shot kills

meh it has problems loading but once u can get in with friends it is fun. i was just frustrated that like 2 hours of loading screen freezes and no zombies on servers eventually got to me.

alright this mod is complete shit. so apparently the servers use an updated version not available to me? when i have the latest version. Then the sole fact that i cant connect to various servers for no apparent reason. when i get on' date=' i find something a lot different than the dayz i heard about. i find a shitty ass mod that has very poor game mechanics, shitty zombie mechanics, and lag and boredom. It is a mod, but it should be a crime to call it good. by the way im not dragging on it because im a noob, i have an alice pack filled with food and supplies. i had no problem aquiring these things in the twenty minutes i played. i agree with anyone who complains with this mod. a very cool idea just not how it should be done. i too have had enough of this

[/quote']

Alpha.

alright this mod is complete shit. so apparently the servers use an updated version not available to me? when i have the latest version. Then the sole fact that i cant connect to various servers for no apparent reason. when i get on' date=' i find something a lot different than the dayz i heard about. i find a shitty ass mod that has very poor game mechanics, shitty zombie mechanics, and lag and boredom. It is a mod, but it should be a crime to call it good. by the way im not dragging on it because im a noob, i have an alice pack filled with food and supplies. i had no problem aquiring these things in the twenty minutes i played. i agree with anyone who complains with this mod. a very cool idea just not how it should be done. i too have had enough of this

[/quote']

You know what gtfo means? Well, gtfo.

Poor game mechanics? that alone renders your post invalid. It is so complete that I cannot ask for more mechanics at all.

The only thing that can bother you is the freaking zombies that can still hit you from outside a house. Anything else is fine.

And maybe you should see your desync. Since I updated the firmware of my router, I have 0 desync and the game is much, MUCH more enjoyable.

This is a survival sim. You failed to survive. Then you come to the forums to let us know how stupid you are.

If this was a real survival situation' date=' your stupid ass walked up to some random person in a car while you had full military weapons then expected them to be your new apocalypse pal. After they drove off into a town, your retarded ass starts hearing explosions and decides the smartest survival move is to run TOWARD THEM.

Nice survival instinct you got there. No wonder no one wants to team up with you. Youre a casualty waiting to happen, and drag everyone around you in.

[/quote']

Sorry, i stopped reading on "If this was a real survival situation...".

OP has a point, i home someday the developers will implement a feature to balance the game properly regarding the Shoot On Sight matter.

Can I have your stuff?

Whoops, someone beat me to it

;-)

I honestly think a game like this needs the players to get involved.. not the devs. There are various groups popping up that are all about rescuing people who are in trouble.. there is even a sub-reddit where you can post if you need blood or morphine or whatever and an established group of guys will send a squad for extraction..

(http://www.reddit.com/r/RedditRescueForce/)

(http://dayzgrt.enjin.com/)

This is what makes this game special.. not adding silly mechanics to force people to get along.. an actual set of different factions that are formed in real life.

It's like the story that Rocket was talking about in the PCG article of the medic that was jumping on servers helping people out for nothing.. just because these groups haven't quite established themselves yet, doesn't mean that they won't start balancing each other out sooner or later. :D

I play solo, i'm literally training local people from where I live that are in the clan I am a founding member of so I can play with them, not an easy feat when most are console tards. I've warned them that the first sign of any hinky shit or shooting each other for fun i'll kill them all and go on playing solo. The point is, don't trust anyone unless you can cock punch them.