Srt.Tania

Add civilian skins (female characters)

Hello, I played for days and have seen that most players are men, however this is normal. What I'm saying is that I love the game, the theme and the real survival.

The only problem is the limited variety of skins women, not demand that you put more, but I would like to put women characters in the game. As the skins of female civilians of game ... would be more real and more varied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq0WRfb6C_Q

I love that skins, likes The Walking Dead :)

Sorry for all, and my english, im from Spain =) Thanks!

Edited by Srt.Tania
  • Like 2

there are so many civilian skins in arma, i dont know why there are only 3 skins in dayz, well only one actually with different colors...

You do realize that the skins you linked are in vanilla ArmA2 and they lack the backpack models, nor they can't pick them up?

See for yourself in the editor, only post-OA stuff has working backpacks. :P

You do realize that the skins you linked are in vanilla ArmA2 and they lack the backpack models' date=' nor they can't pick them up?

See for yourself in the editor, only post-OA stuff has working backpacks. :P

[/quote']

neither do the ghillie suit skin. But he can pick it up, so your point being? It should be possible to hardcode it though??

• Like 1

neither do the ghillie suit skin. But he can pick it up' date=' so your point being? It should be possible to hardcode it though??

[/quote']

To my knowledge, only the Ghillie suit doesn't have the backpack. But an exception doesn't prove the rule, we are talking about ArmA2 female skins which have different animation structure (crouching while unarmed makes them appear like they are panicing) etc.

That's why most skins in the game seem very non-fitting (PMC units with kevlar vests and holsters, German KSK commandos, British camouflage etc. Ironically, the current female skin seems to be the only one that fits), because we are limited by the OA Backpacks.

IMHO, since Rocket is a BIS dev, I think it would be easy for him to edit the vanilla ArmA2 models (NAPA or the Chedaki guerillas would be perfect and don't look too much tacticool) and add the backpack proxies to them.

I mean, how cool would be to have these guys as a "surviror" or "bandit" skin? :P

ti1thumb.jpg

Aren't we "DayZ players" already too military'ish?

We're supposed to be civilians... I really dislike the whole ghilie suit and camo clothing thing.

We should be in torned jeans and dirty ACDC t-shirts, not covered in military camouflage sporting night vision and high powered sniper rifles...

Hell yes for different civilian clothing options, enough with the army commando BS.

I wanna play as civilian, no a "militar", i like the normal clothes, the panic... As girl and survivor, i prefer the civil characters...

I prefer this skins... more real about the situation... I hate the militar clothes or people like this:

http://www.blogdejardineria.com/wp-content/uploads/arbustos_ornamentales_buxus_sempervirens_arbusto_139206181.jpg

Rocket: You will say some information about the skins and characters? :3

Female civilians in arma2 don't even have inventory space for guns. If you load as a male civilian in the inventory, you can pick up a rifle or pistol no problem. The females can't, probably for lack of animations.

I think BIS is a terribly sexist company :P

Jack, try to open the EDITOR, the skin of Dr. Annie (i guess) is the female character on DayZ, she has own anims and no weapon (for normal game) :/ All skins can use weapons =)

I can't load up the editor on this computer, but I tried with several civilian women (civilian/russia/women/secretary, for example), next to an ammo crate.

It wouldn't let me pick up a gun. I did pick up a grenade, but then it didn't let me throw it.

Oh, no, with the editor no, but 1 girl is the character of DayZ (the blonde) and she can put weapons (in DayZ) but normally in game no :/ Rocket animated her, i like others girls too :3

Would be nice to atleast be able to find an alternative color scheme skin, with brow/green colors. Default skin white pants sticks out like a sore thumb.

Oh' date=' no, with the editor no, but 1 girl is the character of DayZ (the blonde) and she can put weapons (in DayZ) but normally in game no :/ Rocket animated her, i like others girls too :3

[/quote']

Urm, actually Dr. Annie is the ONLY girl that can use the backpack and weapons (she's from British Armed Forces DLC which is post-OA), and is currently used as the DayZ female skin.

The other models you linked don't have any weapon animations nor backpack proxies. Try giving them AKs or ALICE backpacks and see for yourself if you don't believe me ;)

It wouldn't let me pick up a gun. I did pick up a grenade' date=' but then it didn't let me throw it.

[/quote']

That's exactly what I am talking about. I still think Rocket could use some of his BIS dev magic and re-make the ArmA2 units to OA standards. :D

I prefer this characters xD I will not use weapons, only survive :P

I agree; However skins for females aren't a current major issue like disconnecting to avoid death etc.

I took this pics of my game, I love this characters =) Thats nice for DayZ, as survivors n.n

udywZ.jpg

RCKhZ.jpg

gVh9n.jpg

The top one looks like a hooker :) I doubt she would be able to bend down and pick up anything lol.

My other half plays and she would prefer at least the option of a brunette, i agree :)

In all the vids of Rocket playing he and his team seem to have different skins, cant see why more cant be introduced.

I find this thread unbelievable and quite offensive. Some girl wants to be able to wear short skirts and have her breasts hanging out in a fighting/survival war game while doing nothing but wandering around the wilderness being shot repeatedly? Sweetheart, maybe this isn't the game for you. The idea is to survive by thinking carefully, being very quiet and not getting noticed, and for many players, killing zombies and other players too. Where exactly do you think you could hang around "looking nice"?

Actually, you don't need a backpack. You could always stick your lipstick in your bra and you'll be fine. Frankly, if I saw those women images in Day z, that's if I could get into the ruddy thing, I'd shoot you myself!

I've been very impressed by the adapted male avatar of a female player. It's respectful of women as players just like the male players. She's dressed appropriately, it's functional wear and she doesn't have huge breasts and a skirt so short you can see her knickers. So both the male and female players can get on with playing the game.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with people wanting to dress like that but other than standing out to make female characters easier to shoot, what would be the point in this game? No guns, just survive? How? Where?

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

This is an okay idea (as far as the topic thread goes). But no. Running around with hooker boots and cleavage shirts... no. This is not Skyrim keep your eyecandy ideas out please. I agree women need some new skins like there needs to be a few new outfits for identification purposes. The day I see slutty or big boobed jigglers on DayZ is the day I die inside.

This is an okay idea (as far as the topic thread goes). But no. Running around with hooker boots and cleavage shirts... no. This is not Skyrim keep your eyecandy ideas out please. I agree women need some new skins like there needs to be a few new outfits for identification purposes. The day I see slutty or big boobed jigglers on DayZ is the day I die inside.

awww comeone just imagine how trollworthy it would be sprinting through the forest in fish nets and short skirts waving around a dmr and sniping randoms ... :P
  • Like 1