Sign in to follow this  
Mays (DayZ)

Luckiest loot you've discovered?

while me and my mate were looting a church, suddenly random player logged in right there. I was like, nice coyote backpack, and shot him. Found like any single thing that one could want except for weapons, the backpack full of med supplies and rare ammo, gps, compass, map, NV, RF, 2 canteens, knife... everything. some food and sodas as well.

the interesting part started where he logged in a few meters further again, same name, exact same gear again. hence we shot him again, neat gear for both of us.

he actually came once again before we called it, but hey... we had what we needed. :P except for a proper weapon... : /

I signed into a server with only like 3 people on it, close to night, in this one random building on the edge of Polana nobody could ever possibly care about. I got quick glimpse outside the building (which only had 1 door) before it loaded in to see 2 of those 3 dudes prone crawling toward it. All I had was my AS50 (which I had never used before) and no crosshair. One guy came in, didn't look into the building's main room where I was, so I shot him and he instadied. The other guy sat up and readied himself to gun me down. I leaned out and shot him in the chest. I don't think any of us were expecting a PvP when it happened.

Like 20 zombies later I picked them both over to get a coyote backpack, gps, NVG, more ammo for the AS50 (one dude had another one in his pack) insurmountable medical supplies and a revolver with more ammo than I could carry. I turned down a DMR, silenced assault rifle with silent ammo to boot and tons of other doodads for the stuff I hauled away from the kill.

Those two must have been righteously pissed.

I wanted to meet up with my friends who were in Berezino and I was miles away, expecting a loooong trek north and in the shed I had disconnected in the previous night. I respawned in the same position and there's a motorbike with half a tank of fuel there right next to me! It was most welcome.

I found a DMR with 3 Mags in the first tent on my first ever trip into stary.

Snatched an M249 + M107 + MP5SD from a heli crash, all with ammo

i'd say that is pretty damn good

Mine was just recently. Found a wreck, found 2 l85s, ran over a hill and found another wreck and got a as50 there. Funny thing is that is how the first day of this life has gone. I guess sometimes everything falls into place for a life.

I never have luck with loot.

I either have a plaethora of weapons and never any ammo (So I'm extremely happy when I find some) or a ton of ammo but no gun (in my last life, I had found a makarov with one mag, a crossbow with one bolt... and 4 M1911 mags, 1 G17 mag, 1AKM and 1STANAG mag...)

Strangely enough, the loot I like the most is binoculars. Looking at a town to see if there are zeds around warns that a player is in the area, so it's time to bail out). So my luckyest loot is actually binoculars in almost every life.

My group of 5 people spent about 3 hours searching for an engine in industrial areas for a v3s truck. We found it finally, one group member and I later got sniped by campers at stary. I respawn in cherno and find a bus, it needs gas, 2 wheels and an engine. I went into the nearest factory and instantly found a jerry can, 2 wheels, and an engine.

I came across a fresh heli crash site (right after a server restart). It had an FN FAL with 2 mags (non NVG version), an M249 with 3 box mags, and an L85 AWS (the thermal scope).

I went into a shop today, and looted an assault rifle, Guile suite, Map, Compass, Watch, Hunting knife, Food, water canteen, and a bunch of other stuff, this was the best loot i have ever had but i have only been playing a few days, i had not found anything for about 40min's and died plenty of time's before i got this lucky, i ran to safety made sure no one was around and logged out as it was getting dark and i don't have any NVG's, i could not believe my luck but i know sooner or later it will be gone xD

Respawned in Elektro. Ran directly to the building across from the little store to the north. Found an Alice pack, AK-74 and 6 full mags.

Was definitely happy with that.

A few hours ago I found my first ghillie. It was pretty cool too, but when I logged back in after lunch it had converted itself into a set of civilian clothes. Oh well. At least I still have my AK.

In one life' date=' I found a compass, a silenced M9, a revolver, Winchester, Double Barrel, more ammo than I could use, and loads of food and drink. But, I bled to death because I didn't have any bandages. Oh, well. :)

[/quote']

That's what I love about this game. You can have the best weapons and gadgets but still die for lack of a bandage. :D

I found an Ural and a Pickup Truck filled with 20+ weapons, magazines, jerry cans, food, water, etc.

A week ago (before finding the vehicles) I spotted an AFK guy in the middle of the woods. I walked up to him, checked his backpack, took NVG, GPS, L8 AWS, Silenced Pistol, ammo, and left him there. I bet he was surprised after he came back to the game.

ALICE pack in an outhouse.

Couldn't pick it up because ARMA engine.

Pick up everything around it, drop it somewhere else, come back and magic. You can pick it up.

• Like 1