Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.24 (Change Log)

I really hope that someday you will think about supporting dx12 and greater server performance, so that it starts eating more RAM instead of 8, at least 16, so that the server works more stable and, in general, more understandable mechanisms for setting up the server part because now I personally understand the following parameters The server must be Intel with a very high frequency per core 5+ or better yet 6 GHz, etc. if you have 64GB of memory then ok, but the dayz will not eat up more than 8, but I would like it, because there is such an opportunity, don’t be afraid to increase the minimum requirements for the server, this is normal, but now having a top-end processor there are still lags... ... further, I would like for beginners to have a single-player mode (offline games), so that they learn how to play the basic mechanics, this will further increase online play; many people leave the game because there are no instructions! well, without access to mod servers, if he has not completed conditional training for the game, access to the official servers will be immediately, and the community tab will open after several hours of playing on your servers or offline, and by the way you can add more achievements for training, that’s all because mod servers offer their own mechanics and it is sometimes difficult for beginners to understand what vanilla mechanics are and what mod mechanics are! I really hope for your reaction and to see my proposals in the future

• Like 2

Better to not be able to jump on a parkour across trees than to get caught and snagged by every branch in a forest... especially considering very few people actually knew this exploit existed anyway 😉

• Confused 1

Hello , 

« Gave basic chemical protection to the OKZK cap »

what does this addition consist of? What does it protect from? toxic gas?

15 minutes ago, Latorsh Gaming said:

Hello , 

« Gave basic chemical protection to the OKZK cap »

what does this addition consist of? What does it protect from? toxic gas?

Chemical protection means that protection from PO-X gas, but not from containment areas (or at least at it's starting). You know there's the PO-X "nades". But I'm sorry I didn't checkout on myself's character 🙂

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lemmac said:

Better to not be able to jump on a parkour across trees than to get caught and snagged by every branch in a forest... 

I never have problems with getting caught on branches.

Unless it's one of those dead trees lying on the ground, or a tree wich has been chopped down.

The dead trees nobody climbs anyway, if they get "optimised" the getting caught is fixed and we still get to do epic tree camping.

Chopped trees loose half of their hitbox anyway it seems to me.

Why not apply the new smaller hitbox to chopped trees only? Nobody climbs those, and they are the main cause of weird collissions.

There are ambitious and passionate people in the DayZ team, especially Sumrak.

They can find an approach which is fun AND effective :)

Dozens of thousands of people, including myself, only recently learned about tree climbing and how well it works, when DOD posted his videos showing how it's done and what it can do.

That's why it's such an amazing feature, I have played for 11 years and never knew about it.

I have seen a bunch of videos pop up after of people using this method to do cool, never before seen big-brain moves.

And the plan is to take all that away for... something I never have problems with, and would have never complained about.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Server name: DayZ AP - SG 5320
Address: 128.0.112.63:11000
Server version: 1.23.157045
Required game version: 1.23.0

Map: Chernarusplus

There are a large number of hackers gathering in the 4ep seaside factory area. They have over a hundred people practicing magic and hope that the authorities can handle it.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/20/2024 at 6:01 PM, Pyongo Bongo said:

One of the DayZ team people said years ago something like:

Four wheeled vehicles are not working perfectly right now (years ago) and two wheeled vehicles a lot more complicated.

Yes, I still remember that statement (problem with physics and serverside performance).

But we all know DayZ, which means we know that at the beginning something new is never perfect and full of bugs (Lovebugs ^^).

We know that we will die on bikes, but we would like to have them because it is part of the end times. It's the same with bow and arrow, the simplest thing that RL offers seems to be a very big challenge in virtuality.

Hey Devs, this isn't whining, it's a call for fun ^^.

Since 1.23 came out, horrendous mist has descended across every server I play. Did something get tweaked which wasn’t added to the change log? This isn’t the standard costal mist, it is much worse, can barely see 200m infront of me. Any advice on why this is now happening since 1.23 dropped or how I can sort it?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tuvey said:

Since 1.23 came out, horrendous mist has descended across every server I play. Did something get tweaked which wasn’t added to the change log? This isn’t the standard costal mist, it is much worse, can barely see 200m infront of me. Any advice on why this is now happening since 1.23 dropped or how I can sort it?

Many people have pointed this out and the developers claim that nothing was changed. Perhaps it is the case that nothing was changed directly, but something has definitely changed it indirectly.. I can only assume that the skybox/lighting changes caused this to happen as it all shipped in the same update, and thus the fog now looks much more white and is extremely noticeable.

I agree it's generally a problem everywhere and not just the coast, but my god is it especially disgusting on the coast. It really ruins the visuals tbh, feels like you're playing with max brightness/gamma.

There has been various tickets made about the issue as you can see here

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T177392 (1.22 vs 1.23 comparison images in the comments - full screen them and the difference is obvious)

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T177485

Developer comment: "This is something that has always been there (it is not new) and we have a note in the backlog that we would like to be able to change this dynamicaly based on the day time and weather."

So it sounds like maybe we'll have dynamic coastal fog in the future, but they aren't aware that the actual appearance of it has changed and made the game look worse? (or they know and aren't going to change it?) Idk.

While I enjoy the new skybox the fog/lighting changes made the rest of the game look like ass unfortunately, hope it can be fixed sooner rather than later.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

It's been ten years since DayZ hit early access and the zombies still haven't been fixed.... It begs the question, will they ever attempt to fix the AI? Ten years without refining THE CORE ELEMENT of the game, zombies. Somehow game devs can sell incomplete games these days and no one bats an eye. Fix the core gameplay, that's what a respectable game developer should do.

• Like 1

Edited by Guest

Hi Kyiara,

Will the 1.24 update require a server wipe for community servers?

I don't understand why the way zombies react to the suppressed shots was changed. It was perfectly fine.
I really miss shooting suppressed shoots towards enemy players and seeing zombies going towards them

Edited by AT TA
  • Confused 1
  • Beans 1

On 1/26/2024 at 7:17 PM, DonnieSkuza said:

There's a glitch that occurs sometimes where people are aiming guns in the sky.

I can confirm that. It's some sort of de-sync where players will appear aiming at the sky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AT TA said:

I don't understand why the way zombies react to the suppressed shots was changed. It was perfectly fine.
I really miss shooting suppressed shoots towards enemy players and seeing zombies going towards them

It was nicely realistic before, now it is ridiculously unrealistic in my opinion.

As I understand this has been added to mitigate the messed up zombie ai.

They can't fix the zombies currently so they make it less annoying by taking away the perfectly fine and realistic suppressed shots and bullet impact noises for zeds.

The same goes for zombies killing you.

Because zombies are broken, can't be fixed right now, they make the game more tame by taking away the capability of zombies to kill you.

This is my understanding, I really hope this is not supposed to stay once zombies are fixed.

Some more cool things which got this treatment:

-Can no longer eat worms / drink disinfectant spray

-Can no longer put IEDs inside containers, cars, players

-Can no longer climb trees and be a ghillie badass

We really need Linux support for DayZ non experimental. The systems are there! It's possible! I don't wanna pay x amount of dollars more monthly for a Windows key just to run DayZServer.exe on my VPS, lol. How many years until Linux support?

On 1/26/2024 at 4:49 AM, Kreser said:

I really hope that someday you will think about supporting dx12 and greater server performance, so that it starts eating more RAM instead of 8, at least 16, so that the server works more stable and, in general, more understandable mechanisms for setting up the server part because now I personally understand the following parameters The server must be Intel with a very high frequency per core 5+ or better yet 6 GHz, etc. if you have 64GB of memory then ok, but the dayz will not eat up more than 8, but I would like it, because there is such an opportunity, don’t be afraid to increase the minimum requirements for the server, this is normal, but now having a top-end processor there are still lags... ... further, I would like for beginners to have a single-player mode (offline games), so that they learn how to play the basic mechanics, this will further increase online play; many people leave the game because there are no instructions! well, without access to mod servers, if he has not completed conditional training for the game, access to the official servers will be immediately, and the community tab will open after several hours of playing on your servers or offline, and by the way you can add more achievements for training, that’s all because mod servers offer their own mechanics and it is sometimes difficult for beginners to understand what vanilla mechanics are and what mod mechanics are! I really hope for your reaction and to see my proposals in the future

I strongly agree with the offline mode. I love dayz but sometimes my internet goes out and I just wanna play dayz but can’t. Dayz is my all time favorite game but would love to have the option to play offline battle the elements, zombies, and possibly some bots. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

PC Experimental 1.24 Update 3 - Version 1.24.157400 (Release on 06.02.2024)

GAME

ADDED

• Valentine's Bolt (temporal seasonal event object)

FIXED

SERVER

• Added: <groups_as_regular> was using its default value, but was not defined in playerspawnpoints.xml (Documentation)

MODDING

• Changed: Security: Removed 'ScriptModule.LoadScript' on Retail Client. No change to Retail Server and Diag
  • Changed: File injecting now exposed to DayZDiag executable, which is file patching a file that doesn't exist in pbo such as config.cpp
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

PC Experimental 1.24 Update 4 - Version 1.24.157444 (Release on 09.02.2024)

GAME

FIXED

• The characters position was not properly synchronized with the water level

SERVER

• Fixed: Linux servers were not able to load modded files or PBO with uppercase letters

Hello, after editing collisions trees, do you notice an increase in FPS on the server and client?

2 hours ago, Kreser said:

Hello, after editing collisions trees, do you notice an increase in FPS on the server and client?

https://youtu.be/kTHiV3dCkKQ?si=UivXb0kDTLDBfHJO&amp;t=77

The DayZ creative lead says here:

The player and car collission has a MINIMAL impact on performance.

The BULLETS collission hitbox has a big(ger) impact on performance.

So I don't see why they remove the badass climbing trees feature. I have never ever gotten stuck on a tree either with my character or vehicle which was not chopped down.

Please only remove collission with felled / lying down trees.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kreser said:

The DayZ creative lead said in their newest DayZ youtube video:

The tree player and car collission has a MINIMAL impact on performance.

The BULLETS collision hitbox (a seperate hitbox that can be changed without removing tree climbing) has a big(ger) impact on performance.

So I don't see why they remove the badass climbing trees feature. I have never ever gotten stuck on a tree either with my character or vehicle which was not chopped down.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Pyongo Bongo said:

Sounds like a good way for the game ballance and fine solution!

I guess we shall ask the Kyiara for submit to the Development team such idea maybe they'll find it useful and swich to that way then removing totally climbing trees.

Thank you @Pyongo Bongo for such interesting point on that problem!

• Like 2