Kyiara

Stable Update 1.23

21 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

This 1.23 patch was rushed and not good enough to stable. It is not good sign to wait on "Day Before" a new zombie/walker game after spend so many Dayz hours since 2014. Hopefully the item policy change in near future or in next patch update, and try a different method how to implement top tier items and distribute it on an official vanilla server. I also would consider a Dayz 2 or II game with improved stealth animations, and less clunky zombie glitch behaviour, it still glitch hit you which go back to Arma 2 days mod in 2012. And that is simply not good enough in 2024 concerning zombie attacks and clunky movements.  

Maybe the zombie run too fast and with server lag delay/lag issues dont help about glitching. Perhaps add a zombie jump instead, and a bit different zombie behaviour with less top speed when a player sprint, because a zombie is not suppose to be the "main threat" in a multiplayer game like Dayz. 

If you think some changes are needed in the current system, the best way to do it is by creating a ticket on the Feedback tracker. This lets others who feel the same way ask for those changes in the comments (you can also share the ticket with your friends to comment on it). It's like a group brainstorming session, and the more comments, the better! 
Plus, the forum is great but can sometimes get a bit argumentative. The Feedback Tracker is more focused and constructive space.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

On 11/29/2023 at 1:37 PM, Nebulae3 said:

Maybe the zombie run too fast and with server lag delay/lag issues dont help about glitching. Perhaps add a zombie jump instead, and a bit different zombie behaviour with less top speed when a player sprint, because a zombie is not suppose to be the "main threat" in a multiplayer game like Dayz. 

Sorry but since Zombie game isnt supposed to be about zombies? I know its also a lot of PvP but its still a Zombie game. For me its not enough zombie game since the zombies arent the main threat anyway..

• Like 1

Fire a weapon in Cherno or NW Airfield without a supressor/silencer and they are the main threat and you need move quick. The overall quality with zombie animations is not good enough concerning glitching which is my main point hence Dayz 2 with a new improved approach survival.

Edited by Nebulae3

On 11/9/2023 at 5:12 PM, aare-ed1061e284861b62 said:

After 1.23 update

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

the server youre on should have wiped for 1.23 so this doesnt happen

Edited by JustArmaThings
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Saintfield said:

Sorry but since Zombie game isnt supposed to be about zombies? I know its also a lot of PvP but its still a Zombie game. For me its not enough zombie game since the zombies arent the main threat anyway..

its a survival game not a zombie game, awlays has been, there was one point where dayz didnt have zombies for a long time in the earlier stages. zombies are ment to be more of an annoyance than a treat, the players and enviroment are the real threat, ie starving etc. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Kyiara said:

PC Stable 1.23 Update 2 - Version 1.23.157045 (Release on 30.11.2023)

GAME

FIXED

SERVER

LAUNCHER

• Fixed: Sever details in the server browser claimed a missing Livonia DLC for servers not running Livonia
  • Fixed: Closing the server details in the server browser unfocused the launcher

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T176819 The glitch seems to still occur if you are dropping items or setting tents up on floor kits etc that were placed before the patch was released.Does this mean we should erase server archives?

• Like 1

Another topic your items go randomly in your inventory - it dont remember its last location. It is kind of tiresome to manually place items especially in dangerous Areas.

1 hour ago, Nebulae3 said:

Another topic your items go randomly in your inventory - it dont remember its last location. It is kind of tiresome to manually place items especially in dangerous Areas.

I thought they did, leaving a ghost image of the item in your inventory while it is in your hand? Of course if you pick up something else in the meantime that occupies the slot then it won't go back where it came from...

18 hours ago, GreenIsRabbit said:

Fixed: Sever details in the server browser claimed a missing Livonia DLC for servers not running Livonia

i wonder if Livonia DLC sales went up due to this? 😉

On 11/30/2023 at 12:47 PM, Saintfield said:

Anything that can hit you when it is facing the opposite direction and make you bleed out through clothes with nothing but well manicured fingertips is scary in my book!

Since the last patch I cannot use the "direct connect" option.

Anyone else having this problem?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

11 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Since the last patch I cannot use the "direct connect" option.

Anyone else having this problem?

Same here

• Beans 1

Hello everything is fine? I would like to make a suggestion if possible! In the cfggameplay files we can enable or not the damage to base structures in general, there would be the possibility of leaving this option separate, like the damage to gates, walls and towers separately, being able to enable or not what you want, it's an idea There are some mods that help with this, but it would be great if they were already in the game's settings without the help of a mod. Thank you very much in advance.

On 11/30/2023 at 2:35 PM, JustArmaThings said:

its a survival game not a zombie game, awlays has been, there was one point where dayz didnt have zombies for a long time in the earlier stages. zombies are ment to be more of an annoyance than a treat, the players and enviroment are the real threat, ie starving etc. 

It's a "zombie pandemic survival" game!
Read the original explanation from B.I. at this link:
w w w.bohemia.net/games/dayz

CIT:
"The post-Soviet country of Chernarus is struck by an unknown virus, turning the majority population into frenzied infected. Fighting over resources has bred a hostile mentality among survivors, driving what's left of humanity to collapse. You are one of the few immune to the virus - how will you go to survive?

DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic, open world sandbox online game where each one of 60 players on a server follows a single goal - to survive as long as they can, by all means necessary.
"
Clearer than that...
It's not another CoD or Battlefield style FPS... or at least it shouldn't be...
The "short" period in which he was without zombies is only because they didn't work, not because they are a "secondary accessory"!
Only you "fanatics" "reduce" it to a clone of CoD or BF... but why don't you go back to ArmA, since DayZ was a mod of ArmA.
Don't like zombies?
Do zombies disturb the "fights"?
YOU HAVE WRONG GAME!!!!
ArmA is the right game for you!

🤨

That "short period" without zombies was about 6 months. Not exactly short.