Kyiara

Stable Update 1.23

PC Stable 1.23 Update 1 - Version 1.23.156951 (Release on 07.11.2023)

NOTES

• Consider using the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

ADDED

• Characters can now push vehicles
  • Designated marksman rifle (DMR) with 10- and 20-round magazines
  • Field Shovel
  • Padded Gloves
  • Winter Coif
  • OKZK hat
  • Petushok hat
  • Firefighter M3S Wreck
  • The server browser now displays the number of players in the waiting queue
  • Sound for deploying fireplaces and improvised explosives
  • Sounds for crafting rags
  • Sounds for washing hands
  • Sounds for locked valve doors
  • Sounds for cutting planks
  • Sounds for (un)equipping the pipe wrench
  • Sounds for pulling corpses from vehicles
  • Sounds for placing a claymore mine
  • Sounds for placing and arming the improvised explosive
  • Sounds for crafting fireplaces
  • Sounds for crafting a hand drill
  • Functionality to hide/show the password when entering servers

FIXED

CHANGED

• Major overhaul of the skybox and its textures
  • Reworked the interior of the large castle tower
  • Removed a redundant sound during the gas canister explosion
  • Disabled shadows for fireworks and reduced their light radius to reduce their performance impact
  • Increased maximum bandwidth limits of Client->Server traffic to reduce movement desync when firing weapons
  • Updated the game credits
  • Renamed the fire-mode of the crossbow from semi-auto to single (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T174788)
  • The clutch for the M3S now triggers faster
  • Increased the inertia of the M3S
  • Slightly adjusted the weight of the M1025 Offroad to be able to climb climbing hills
  • Adjusted explosion sounds and ranges
  • Tweaked red tracer bullets for better visibility (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T173456)
  • Adjusted vehicles for better control on grass

CENTRAL ECONOMY

• Changed: Reduced the spawning of warm hats to account for newly added items

CHERNARUS

• Added: Overhead lines for the railway network
  • Changed: Major overhaul for the Vybor Air Base (NWAF)
  • Changed: Moved ASVAL and VSS spawns from contaminated areas to high tier military areas and increased their numbers
  • Changed: Moved VSD and FAL to contaminated area spawns and decreased their numbers
  • Changed: Moved KA74, KA74U and M16A2 to higher military tier spawns

LIVONIA

• Changed: Base building items can no longer be placed in the Livonia underground
  • Changed: Moved ASVAL and VSS spawns from contaminated areas to high tier military areas and increased their numbers
  • Changed: Moved VSD and Aug from military to contaminated area spawns and decreased their numbers

SERVER

• Added: Group Spawning system (documentation)
  • Added: JSON file system to assign gear for players to spawn with (documentation)
  • Added: New gameplay json parameter to disallow items spawning in underground areas (documentation)
  • Added: Gameplay config ability to disable respawn of unconscious players from the ingame menu (documentation)
  • Fixed a typo related to vehicleparts resulting in CE errors
  • Fixed: Items spawned by CE as attachments are not affected by quantity min and max set in types.xml (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T171237)
  • Fixed: Certain spawnabletypes.xml setups could crash the server (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T168256)

LAUNCHER

• Added: The server browser now displays the number of players in the waiting queue
  • Added: DLC section
  • Fixed: Traditional Chinese language was not properly functioning

MODDING

• Added: 'Object.GetActionComponentsForSelectionName', 'Object.GetActionComponentCenter', 'Object.GetActionComponentCenterOOB' and 'Object.GetActionComponentMinMax'

• Added: Expanded on the Door API for Building, adding in events, state accessors and getting the maximum door count
  • Added: "space" panorama layer
  • Added: "atmosphere" panorama layer, deprecated "sky" panorama layer
  • Added: Renamed "horizon" panorama layer, deprecated "horizont" panorama layer
  • Added: "spaceIntensity" to weather config, controls brightness of space texture
  • Added: "atmosphereIntensity" to weather config, controls how much of the atmosphere is visible
  • Added: Diag menu "DayZ render > Sky" for disabling individual parts of the sky (documentation)
  • Added: Script Editor: Dropdown 'Build' > 'New Errors Are Warnings', works same as command parameter '-NewErrorsAreWarnings=1'
  • Added: 'HumanInputController.OverrideFreeLook' to force enable/disable freelook
  • Fixed: Attached sounds would play at the origin of the parent when offset
  • Fixed: r-value would be ignored when finding a function to be called, i.e. a static function could be called through any variable like 'GetGame().SpawnEntity' where 'SpawnEntity' is a static global function
  • Fixed: Sky was purple in buldozer under circumstances where the weather was not being updated due to horizon not being initially set on world load
  • Changed:  Streamlined the deploy sound playback script implementation
  • Changed: 'Object.GetBonePivot' now supports memory lod, added 'Object.GetMemoryLevel'
  • Changed: Moved 'string.Get' and 'string.Set' to native for slight performance improvement
  • Changed: Moved "starsIntensity" to lighting config to configure at each sun angle
  • Changed: 'LightingNew' config will now ignore any class that starts with 'Default', can be used for inheriting default parameters amongst sun angle/height/overcast groups
  • Changed: Config entries that expect a color now support a single float value as a grayscale entry without alpha (e.g. LightingNew diffuse entry)
  • Changed: 'HumanInputController' overriding supports 'HumanInputControllerOverrideType' to allow overriding a value for only one input frame 
  • Changed: Exposed 'moonDayIntensity' and 'moonNightIntensity' in 'DefaultLighting' to config, previously hardcoded in 1.22 and earlier as 1.0 and 5.0 respectively 

CONSOLES

• Added a warning icon to the "Disconnect Warning Session lost" error
  • The server browser now displays the time of day on the server
  • Fixed: It was not possible to interact with error message pop ups after losing connection with the controller (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T174566)
  • Fixed: Overlay elements were still present after accepting an invite to a server
  • Missing control hint to switch the camera position between shoulders
  • Fixed: The tooltip for "save character" was fully capitalized

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PC Stable 1.23 Update 2 - Version 1.23.157045 (Release on 30.11.2023)

GAME

FIXED

SERVER

LAUNCHER

• Fixed: Sever details in the server browser claimed a missing Livonia DLC for servers not running Livonia
  • Fixed: Closing the server details in the server browser unfocused the launcher
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Looks like Windows 7 isn't supported anymore ... Server is running, but client doesn't. No error message. Lunchpad closes after clicking play and opens again after a few seconds, that's it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

The crafted baseball bat was fixed, its 1hit to kill a zombie or you didnt change nothing?

A glitch i notice in the older update and in this too, putt prestine bullets in pristine magazine and the magazine turn in worn, why?

Edited by clickptg

17 minutes ago, clickptg said:

A glitch i notice in the older update and in this too, putt prestine bullets in pristine magazine and the magazine turn in worn, why?

This is a feature - you wear it off by using it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

49 minutes ago, Scoo1 said:

Looks like Windows 7 isn't supported anymore ... Server is running, but client doesn't. No error message. Lunchpad closes after clicking play and opens again after a few seconds, that's it.

This is true, we will update the minimum criteria, thank you.

45 minutes ago, clickptg said:

The crafted baseball bat was fixed, its 1hit to kill a zombie or you didnt change nothing?

Which baseball bat are you referring to? There are 2 crafted bats.

• Sad 1

Why delete the content I posted? Do they have official support for doing so? I have no effect at all through email or other feedback channels

Edited by Metasequoia

1 hour ago, Scoo1 said:

... and this is only because for some random reason they want to have the ability to play videos on the Main menu btw.

Game would work just fine otherwise. 😂

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Is there any particular reason why 'MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager' cannot point into both 'MshtmlMedia.dll' or whatever it was before and 'MFPlat.dll' in the DayZ_x64 for example?

You really want to disable a whole windows version because of a possible Main menu video player which uses codecs only found on Win 10 and up?

Just let the video player be broken on older win versions then. Would be the most logical option here.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

>CHERNARUS

>Changed: Moved VSD and FAL to contaminated area spawns and decreased their numbers.

I check types file. 

</type>
    <type name="FAL">
        <nominal>5</nominal>
        <lifetime>28800</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>2</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="1"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>

1 hour ago, Kyiara said:

Nailed bat, i didnt test the other with barbed wire.

Its me or there is no bottle of water? i look a lot and didnt find one.

Unable to play on Windows 7? I understand it well?

Edited by Voky84
  • Beans 1

29 minutes ago, Voky84 said:

Devs decided to drop Windows 7 support without giving us a warning bevor - not very nice, but that's how it is.

1 hour ago, clickptg said:

Its me or there is no bottle of water? i look a lot and didnt find one.

Just bad luck. No change here.

1 hour ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Is there any particular reason why 'MFCreateDXGIDeviceManager' cannot point into both 'MshtmlMedia.dll' or whatever it was before and 'MFPlat.dll' in the DayZ_x64 for example?

You really want to disable a whole windows version because of a possible Main menu video player?

They could have at least waited until patch1.24, Steam support for Windows 7 ends at the end of the year.

Edited by Scoo1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Voky84 said:

Win7 is 14 years old and MSFT support ended for it 3.5 years ago. it shouldn't be a surprise.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, MORI_Todai said:

>CHERNARUS

>Changed: Moved VSD and FAL to contaminated area spawns and decreased their numbers.

I check types file. 

</type>
    <type name="FAL">
        <nominal>5</nominal>
        <lifetime>28800</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>2</min>
        <quantmin>-1</quantmin>
        <quantmax>-1</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="1" crafted="0" deloot="1"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>

looks like ASVAL moved, but looking back at EXP it was the VSS and not the FAL

From EXP -> Changed: Moved ASVAL and VSS spawns from contaminated areas to high tier military areas and increased their numbers

15 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Win7 is 14 years old and MSFT support ended for it 3.5 years ago. it shouldn't be a surprise.

The age is irrelevant in the sense, because everything can work on Win 7 unless you specifically force the game to only use DX 12 and certain drivers, protocols, codecs that can only be found on Win 10 and up.

It's a dick move essentially, since none of those are necessary for game design and to make the game work. Also, poor Linux users man. 😕

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

The age is irrelevant in the sense, because everything can work on Win 7 unless you specifically force the game to only use DX 12 and certain drivers, protocols, codecs that can only be found on Win 10 and up.

Exactly. There is absolutely no reason DayZ couldn't run on Windows 7 for the rest of its life!

And yes, it would have been nice to announce the termination of Windows 7 support in DayZ before. I knew that Steam drops support at the end of the year, but I really hoped I could play for some more weeks... 😒

As Microsoft's plans with Windows are obviously going into the direction of SaaS and Windows365 crap I really hope that game publishers will finally wake up and switch to a friendlier gaming platform (like an open source OS).

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Kyiara said:

Tested and both crafted baseball bat cant kill a zombie with a strong hit. I notice this since update 1.22 after the melee changes, so i dont know if this itens are included or not. 

Anyway, i wanna congratulate the DEV team, cuz this update for now its pretty smooth on gameplay and the changes on loot make it better.

The age is irrelevant in the sense

If age is irrelevant, then why aren't you running Windows 3.11 in 2023 on your PC?😁

It's a dick move essentially, since none of those are necessary for game design and to make the game work.

Suddenly, you need Steam to run the game, Steam stops supporting Windows 7. Why should developers continue to support the old OS, on which it will not be possible to run the game anyway?

Also, poor Linux users man.

And why are they poor? Firstly, the game does not have a native client for Linux, and secondly, Proton by default sets the Wine config to use WinAPI from Windows 10.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Infernales said:

If age is irrelevant, then why aren't you running Windows 3.11 in 2023 on your PC?😁

Suddenly, you need Steam to run the game, Steam stops supporting Windows 7. Why should developers continue to support the old OS, on which it will not be possible to run the game anyway?

And why are they poor? Firstly, the game does not have a native client for Linux, and secondly, Proton by default sets the Wine config to use WinAPI from Windows 10.

Man what a crp, why not MS DOS v 2.0? It's even better the 6.22, no even supporting for FAT32 fs! Also Win 3.11 is the wrapper for DOS and it's not a standalone OS itself, so better to say Win 95 for that case.

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, Sid Debian said:

Man what a crp, why not MS DOS v 2.0? It's even better the 6.22, no even supporting for FAT32 fs! Also Win 3.11 is the wrapper for DOS and it's not a standalone OS itself, so better to say Win 95 for that case.

Oh, here is my favorite person who does not understand sarcasm in any form. I'll tell you a secret: all Windows is based on DOS.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, UnicornioSuicida said:

Kyara, the "cfggameplay.json" isn't working.

I already set "enableCfgGameplayFile = 1;" on "serverDZ.cfg" file and isn't working.

Is it bugged?

Create it by you own hands (idk but somehow it's not in mission files) or perform the update by you own:

Spoiler

{
	"version": 122,
	"GeneralData":
	{
		"disableBaseDamage": false,
		"disableContainerDamage": false,
		"disableRespawnDialog": false,
		"disableRespawnInUnconsciousness": false
	},
    "PlayerData":
	{
		"disablePersonalLight": false,
		"StaminaData":
		{
			"sprintStaminaModifierErc": 0.1,
			"sprintStaminaModifierCro": 0.1,
			"staminaWeightLimitThreshold": 15000.0,
			"staminaMax": 200.0,
			"staminaKgToStaminaPercentPenalty": 1.95,
			"staminaMinCap": 5.0,
			"sprintSwimmingStaminaModifier": 0.65,
			"sprintLadderStaminaModifier": 0.65,
			"meleeStaminaModifier": 0.65,
			"obstacleTraversalStaminaModifier": 0.65,
			"holdBreathStaminaModifier": 0.65
		},
		"ShockHandlingData":
		{
			"shockRefillSpeedConscious": 5.0,
			"shockRefillSpeedUnconscious": 3.0,
			"allowRefillSpeedModifier": true
		},
		"MovementData":
		{
			"timeToStrafeJog": 0.1,
			"rotationSpeedJog": 0.3,
			"timeToSprint": 0.45,
			"timeToStrafeSprint": 0.3,
			"rotationSpeedSprint": 0.15,
			"allowStaminaAffectInertia": true
		},
		"DrowningData":
		{
			"staminaDepletionSpeed": 10.0,
			"healthDepletionSpeed": 10.0,
			"shockDepletionSpeed": 10.0
		}
	},
	"WorldsData":
	{
		"lightingConfig": 1,
		"objectSpawnersArr": [],
		"environmentMinTemps": [-3.0, -2.0, 0.0, 4.0, 9.0, 14.0, 18.0, 17.0, 12.0, 7.0, 4.0, 0.0],
		"environmentMaxTemps": [3.0, 5.0, 7.0, 14.0, 19.0, 24.0, 26.0, 25.0, 21.0, 16.0, 10.0, 5.0],
		"wetnessWeightModifiers": [1.0, 1.0, 1.33, 1.66, 2.0]
	},
	"BaseBuildingData":
	{
		"HologramData":
		{
			"disableIsCollidingBBoxCheck": true,
			"disableIsCollidingPlayerCheck": true,
			"disableIsClippingRoofCheck": true,
			"disableIsBaseViableCheck": true,
			"disableIsCollidingGPlotCheck": false,
			"disableIsCollidingAngleCheck": true,
			"disableIsPlacementPermittedCheck": true,
			"disableHeightPlacementCheck": false,
			"disableIsUnderwaterCheck": true,
			"disableIsInTerrainCheck": true,
			"disallowedTypesInUnderground": ["FenceKit","TerritoryFlagKit","WatchtowerKit"]
		},
		"ConstructionData":
		{
			"disablePerformRoofCheck": false,
			"disableIsCollidingCheck": false,
			"disableDistanceCheck": false
		}
	},
	"UIData":
	{
		"use3DMap": false,
		"HitIndicationData":
		{
			"hitDirectionOverrideEnabled": false,
			"hitDirectionBehaviour": 1,
			"hitDirectionStyle": 0,
			"hitDirectionIndicatorColorStr": "0xffbb0a1e",
			"hitDirectionMaxDuration": 2.0,
			"hitDirectionBreakPointRelative": 0.2,
			"hitDirectionScatter": 10.0,
			"hitIndicationPostProcessEnabled": true
		}
	},
	"MapData":
	{
		"ignoreMapOwnership": false,
		"ignoreNavItemsOwnership": false,
		"displayPlayerPosition": false,
		"displayNavInfo": true
	}
}

Edited by Sid Debian

18 hours ago, Kyiara said:

cut

WHAT ???
Windows 7 is no longer supported???
Why ???
Should I change the operating system just for DayZ???
It's a joke ?!?

😡  😡  😡  😡  😡  😡

• Haha 1