shawnbayer75

Seattle 35 Removed

Also I guarantee not a single one of you is going to pay a lawyer to even try to file an international lawsuit against Rocket & co over some measly server fees.

Why would someone do that?

Some people in this thread have been threatening it. What you just said is was kind of my point.

Some people in this thread have been threatening it. What you just said is was kind of my point.

Has there been anyone talking about sueing the DayZ team? As far as I can remember the comments in this thread has been regarding HFB servers which is a company providing gaming servers.

First I will say I am glad that a server that was not running Battleye was forced to be shutdown.

Second I do not understand how HFB servers is allowed to host more than 2 servers on any single IP or Box with the recommended minimum specs being so high. 100MBit pipe with 2 servers means 50MBit each if they are both full and using bandwidth. Add however many more servers are running on that same box/IP keep breaking down the performance.

I'd like to know how many servers would have been affected by blacklisting the Seattle 35 server?

Third the fact that HFB went and modified their ToS after this went public to cover their buts is absurd. Yeah fix your ToS so that it is accurate, but don't do it in the middle of a shit storm, it just makes you look bad.

Finally I will add that anyone renting a DayZ server thru a Third Party(A "Company" that is renting from another company to rent to you) should really go and look at the pricing on renting a box/vps for your self. we pay $30 more per month to have complete unrestricted access to our server. And no other servers are running off our hardware, unless we setup another server.

I almost just do not even want to post this, but I am baffled that this situation was even able to occur at all with the amount of restrictions put in place to host a server in the first place.

Grandfathered in or Buds with the Devs does not matter, DO IT RIGHT OR DON'T DO IT AT ALL!

The shit is, some server owners disable battleye for like 30 minutes, spawn themselves weapons, cars n´stuff and turn battleye back on.

you guys should get kind of an automated blacklist which immadently detects servers turning off battleye and get them on the blacklist.

i would' date=' easy money

[/quote']

Except for all the God damn costs you have to pay. Lawyer bills etc.

I am going to lay this out as simply as possible so the record is clear.

The topic of Seattle 35 running without BattlEye was brought up in staff chat. I was asked to investigate it. I investigated the server. The server did not have BattlEye enabled. Numerous staff members agreed a blacklist was in order. I decided rather than blacklisting the IP and thus hurting other legitimate servers I would contact HFB Servers and explain to them the situation we were facing and how I had to blacklist this server now. It was decided, for obvious reasons, that suspending the server was a better course of action. At no point did I tell HFB Servers you can not host this customer anymore or anything like that, in fact I would be happy to see their server online again but they need to follow the rules like every other server.

That being said, this 'armchair lawyering' and idea that you seem to understand how to best run someone else's company needs to stop. Unless you are the server hoster or the client affected by the suspension I fail to see how it is any business of yours. Let them conduct their business and move on.

I am going to lay this out as simply as possible so the record is clear.

The topic of Seattle 35 running without BattlEye was brought up in staff chat. I was asked to investigate it. I investigated the server. The server did not have BattlEye enabled. Numerous staff members agreed a blacklist was in order. I decided rather than blacklisting the IP and thus hurting other legitimate servers I would contact HFB Servers and explain to them the situation we were facing and how I had to blacklist this server now. It was decided' date=' for obvious reasons, that suspending the server was a better course of action. At no point did I tell HFB Servers you can not host this customer anymore or anything like that, in fact I would be happy to see their server online again but they need to follow the rules like every other server.

That being said, this 'armchair lawyering' and idea that you seem to understand how to best run someone else's company needs to stop. Unless you are the server hoster or the client affected by the suspension I fail to see how it is any business of yours. Let them conduct their business and move on.

[/quote']

Then why post about it in the announcement thread and open it up for discussion...and then when it is discussed...say you don't want it discussed?

Seems a little backwards, logically speaking of course.

Why not just contact the Seattle server owners privately? Why bring it out in public?

As an object lesson for Server Admins who think nothing will happen to them.

How much more blatantly obvious could it be?

WildGunsTomcat, I do not care if you discuss the blacklisting HFB Servers in general, host a DayZ server, etc. However the talk about sue this sue that etc etc is not going anywhere and no one here would even be involved in the matter. So I suppose that yes it is a bit backwards to bring it out in public but it's also a tad 'wierd' to talk about a company being sued for suspending a server that is doing malicious things as well. So the speculation on how a company should be sued or running their business isn't really what this topic is for.

Why not just contact the Seattle server owners privately? Why bring it out in public?

In essence I did, I contacted those that were responsible for maintaining the server, its instance ID, and over all adherence to the guide lines.

it's funny how everyone gets so up in arms about how they would sue everyone for stupid shit. I don't think they realize that thousands in court costs aren't worth their 20$ prorated server rent.

Also why is everyone so up in arms defending a server that did something that harms the general population? Hiding behind legal code us pointless, especially when the law takes no consideration for for common sense and reality. Wouldn't you rather some guy running a server that has the potential to ruin the experiences of most of the people playing lose 20 bucks than for the experiences to be ruined for the sake of his 20 bucks?

My only concern in all this is was the admin of seattle 35 spoken with before it all began: was there any "Hey dude, turn battleye on please" or did he just wake up this morning with no server?

This is one of the greatest things I have read in awhile.

By removing access to servers that do not follow the strict rules of DayZ is what will inevitably save this mod.

This mod DEPENDS on a common and fair playing ground. The game acts as an entire second world which is persistent on each server other than a few minor difference from server to server. Allowing server hosts to do what they want destroys the game plain and simple because it allows them to set up and create a "cheat world" where you log into it and you can get any and every item then log into a different server and abuse it..

Sure there are some legit reasons people would want to keep their own private settings on a server but doing so should instantly make it so the characters created on that server can NOT migrate to any other servers

My only concern in all this is was the admin of seattle 35 spoken with before it all began: was there any "Hey dude' date=' turn battleye on please" or did he just wake up this morning with no server?

[/quote']

In essence I did' date=' I contacted those that were responsible for maintaining the server, its instance ID, and over all adherence to the guide lines.

[/quote']

I guess not.

I heard you want to leave?

Bye' date=' won't be missed. You're only tainting this community.

Also: More power to HFB for doing this. Fuckers don't deserve a DayZ server.

[/quote']

I am eternally grateful to all the people who run servers so I can play and this is the attitude and thinking I look for when looking for a regular place to play.

I stay away from the servers that have the entitlement attitude I have seen in this thread.

It blows my mind.

First the Off map hording exploit is addressed. And now a server that is fecking the game up for everyone has been called out. This has been a good couple of days.

Locking this thread as further discussion is pointless. Things have been repeated and said multiple times.

DayZ team does not charge for server nor can we refund any services people buy from thirdparties (such as server space, time slice, cpu time, bandwidth etc).

We have strict rules about allowing people to use the mod and connection to the database to provide a level playfield. These rules and conditions (subject of change at any time) are all clearly defined before anyone is allowed to use the mods server files or connection.