shawnbayer75

Seattle 35 Removed

Why try to force servers to do exactly like the devs say?

because if ppl cheat items on their private non battleeye server they can then change to normal servers with their items? did this thought really not cross your mind?

I think that it should be looked at more like a "donation with incentive" or something' date=' rather than viewed as you buy/rent the servers. It's just too confusing and someone who just lost their server may even try to sue for piss stains in their pants.

[/quote']

"Donation with Incentive" sounds cool but, what's the incentive for the hoster, especially in this situation? He pays X to HFB for a server. HFB suspends his server at the request of DayZ Team without a refund. Hoster is now out his money and the server was suspended by HFB without any violation of the TOS.

Hopefully, the amount of money is small enough that the Hoster doesn't care but, even if he does go to court over it, the suit would be against HFB and not the DayZ Team.

Lesson learned, DayZ team: in the future, just blacklist these servers from the hive without saying anything. Then they can keep their DayZ server that they paid for.

I dont give a shit about rocket blacklisting servers. He can blacklist/ban whoever he wants and he does not even need a reason to do it.

But asking a company to terminate a contract (which dayz staff has absolutely no part in it) because the server is not running a program.... LOL. That really made me lol. I'm gonna be really shocked if this company follow this stupid demand.

Don't get me wrong. I agree completely that servers should have battleeye enabled (even if that doesn't mean shit right now lol), but this request is just stupid.

Awww. The junior lawyer thinks he knows what he's talking about. That's cute.

are you a professional attorney?

Why try to force servers to do exactly like the devs say?

because if ppl cheat items on their private non battleeye server they can then change to normal servers with their items? did this thought really not cross your mind?

there's no need to be a dick about it. some people haven't actually thought about that. congratulations for knowing something someone else doesn't

Why do people feel that they are able to take someone else's work, and then not abide by the guidelines set forth by the guy/team that made it? What is with all this "I have the right to have this on my server, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with creating it, I just wanted to hop on the bandwagon, and I don't have to follow the rules" attitude.

So much "gimme-gimme" and entitlement these days. Follow the damn guidelines if you want to host a Day Z server, it's a pretty simple concept.

• Like 2

I dont give a shit about rocket blacklisting servers. He can blacklist/ban whoever he wants and he does not even need a reason to do it.

But asking a company to terminate a contract (which dayz staff has absolutely no part in it) because the server is not running a program.... LOL. That really made me lol. I'm gonna be really shocked if this company follow this stupid demand.

Don't get me wrong. I agree completely that servers should have battleeye enabled (even if that doesn't mean shit right now lol)' date=' but this request is just stupid.

[/quote']

We require all clients to agree to the dayz rules. Violating them result in a termination of service without refund. They violate the rules the devs contact us saying they have violated the rules we then suspend the service simple as that. Its what ALL gsp's are required to do to host dayz servers.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong. I agree completely that servers should have battleeye enabled (even if that doesn't mean shit right now lol)' date=' but this request is just stupid.

[/quote']

sounds like it was merely a request, not a demand. you're making a mountain out of a mole hill

Taken from the HFB DayZ T&C:

"Before purchasing a server with us, please be sure that you have read and agree to the following conditions, these are set by the DayZ development team, not by ourselves:

Servers may not be pass worded or locked.

No other mods will be allowed to be run in conjunction with DayZ.

Editing of DayZ core files, or mission files is forbidden.

Kicking to make room for “friends” or clan mates is also not allowed.

The minimum slot count is 40.

Battleye is a requirement.

There are only two reasons why a person should be banned on the server: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a person for stealing your loot / killing you / spying on you etc.

The same applies for kicking.

Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted.

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in your account being cancelled without refund. "

Well,it is stated that if you don't follow the rules,they will shut you down with no refund.Dont see the problem myself tbh,more providers should stick to this.

• Like 2

its not like battle eye works anyway lol. the server i play on has battle eye enabled and last night the entire coast was in flames because some hackers were spawning in attack helis and fighter jets (and other things) and just destroying everything.

battle eye... please fix it so it actually catches hackers. thanks.

Why do people feel that they are able to take someone else's work' date=' and then not abide by the guidelines set forth by the guy/team that made it? What is with all this "I have the right to have this on my server, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with creating it, I just wanted to hop on the bandwagon, and I don't have to follow the rules" attitude.

So much "gimme-gimme" and entitlement these days. Follow the damn guidelines if you want to host a Day Z server, it's a pretty simple concept.

[/quote']

two words for you: private property and contracts.

two human beings made a contract to use private property. no third party has any right to terminate that contract. whoever owns the server is allowed to use it anyway he wants (according to the contract they agreed to sign upon). I really doubt that the contract say anything about running battleeye or not... (PS.: looking at the company site its very clear they mention the dayz rules. Well, in that case i take back what i said. The server could and should be removed.)

Rocket has a problem here. He can ban the ip of the server but that has unpleasant consequences (other servers on that ip are gonna get blacklisted too). So its not just a simple matter of "gimme-giime" mentality as you say...

[/quote']

We require all clients to agree to the dayz rules. Violating them result in a termination of service without refund. They violate the rules the devs contact us saying they have violated the rules we then suspend the service simple as that. Its what ALL gsp's are required to do to host dayz servers.

Your TOS does not refer to a posted set of rules controlled by DayZ Staff. It instead has a list of rules that were provided to you by DayZ Staff at that point in time.

If you terminate/suspend their service without a refund, you will be opening yourself up to legal action as, the reason given for the termination/suspension is not included in the TOS to which you have them agree.

As much as your intent may have been for your TOS to state that they must follow all current and future rules put forth by the DayZ Team, you failed to include that specific statement in the TOS.

The team seems to think they can tell everyone what to do with their own servers.

These people, including yourself are paying for the privaledge of hosting a DayZ server. And have agreed to the TOS and assorted conditions that come with it. BattleEye being one of these.

So, you decide the rules don't apply to you, "Its my server, I pay for it, I'll do what I want," and you violate the teams rules. The team then tells you to FUCK THE FUCKING FUCK OFF. I'm guessing they can host a different game on the server, but they sure as hell aren't hosting DayZ anymore.

So, I think that rebuts your post.

Why do people feel that they are able to take someone else's work' date=' and then not abide by the guidelines set forth by the guy/team that made it? What is with all this "I have the right to have this on my server, even though I had absolutely nothing to do with creating it, I just wanted to hop on the bandwagon, and I don't have to follow the rules" attitude.

[/quote']

two human beings made a contract to use private property. no third party has any right to terminate that contract. whoever owns the server is allowed to use it anyway he wants (according to the contract they agreed to sign upon). I really doubt that the contract say anything about running battleeye or not...

Rocket has a problem here. He can ban the ip of the server but that has unpleasant consequences (other servers on that ip are gonna get blacklisted too). So its not just a simple matter of "gimme-giime" mentality as you say...

right. HFB and DayZ are in agreement that servers hosted on HFB follow specific rules. If they don't, then HFB has to disable the offending servers

• Like 1

[/quote']

two human beings made a contract to use private property. no third party has any right to terminate that contract. whoever owns the server is allowed to use it anyway he wants (according to the contract they agreed to sign upon). I really doubt that the contract say anything about running battleeye or not...

Tbh, they were stupid for paying for a server with a company that adheres to rules set forth by a dev team for a MOD on Arma 2.

That's why I paid for an entire box. If they tried to shut down my box...lol....hell would be paid.

right. HFB and DayZ are in agreement that servers hosted on HFB follow specific rules. If they don't' date=' then HFB has to disable the offending servers

[/quote']

Unfortunately, HFB does not include their specific agreement with DayZ in their TOS. A perfect change to their TOS would be as follows:

"If at any time it is deemed by the DayZ Staff that you are violating any rule set forth for the hosting of their mod, your service will be terminated without refund."

Statement Above = HFB Protected

I think that it should be looked at more like a "donation with incentive" or something' date=' rather than viewed as you buy/rent the servers. It's just too confusing and someone who just lost their server may even try to sue for piss stains in their pants.

[/quote']

"Donation with Incentive" sounds cool but, what's the incentive for the hoster, especially in this situation? He pays X to HFB for a server. HFB suspends his server at the request of DayZ Team without a refund. Hoster is now out his money and the server was suspended by HFB without any violation of the TOS.

Hopefully, the amount of money is small enough that the Hoster doesn't care but, even if he does go to court over it, the suit would be against HFB and not the DayZ Team.

Well; it would be more of a privilege as the developers say it is, instead of an actual rental/purchase that designates you as a customer. It also gives them more technical authority, overruling the argument most pro-owner posters present of "they pay for the servers, why should you have the right to ban them from their own servers?"

You donate X dollars, in return you are allowed to host the server for so&so many days, so long as you follow the rules. It's different from a rental in which you are entering into a contract with the company in order to run the said server, and you are paying specifically for that purpose.

With the 'donation with incentive' concept I proposed, it will be more of a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours, but if you start digging your claws into me I'll knock you unconscious." This way, the company can avoid any threat of legal action because, hey, it's a donation, and you get free crap for making the donation. But, if you bust a deal; face the wheel! -and it'll always land on revoking those server priviliges that you were rewarded for donating that sum of money.

Kind of like the ASPCA sending out free T-Shirts if you give 15 dollars.

Kind of like the NRA sending out a gun bag if you donate 50 dollars.

That sort of thing.

This thread should be closed. There is nothing more to discuss here. If you go to the company website is very clear on the contract that you need to follow dayz staff rules otherwise your account can be terminated without refund:

r2vvc.jpg

Trimmed down a lot to prevent spamming....

Kind of like the ASPCA sending out free T-Shirts if you give 15 dollars.

Kind of like the NRA sending out a gun bag if you donate 50 dollars.

That sort of thing.

The DayZ Staff is specifically not receiving any donation in this case. I'm not sure of International Laws as it applies here but' date=' in the US they would have to report all of these 'Donations' and have created an organization that is eligible to receive such donations without paying taxes. The donation of every server would have to be reported at fair market value and so on.......

[hr']

This thread should be closed. There is nothing more to discuss here. If you go to the company website is very clear on the contract that you need to follow dayz staff rules otherwise your account can be terminated without refund:

r2vvc.jpg

Read the rules that are posted. They aren't being terminated for any of those rules.

I hate how US law always seems to make these things more complicated than they should really be...

r2vvc.jpg

That's all well and good.

Point out to me on that TOS where it says BE must be running at all times?

Find it for me.

How come? Did u not see the topic "Battleye is a requirement." in bold?

While that may be a Topic on DayZ Forums, it is not included in the TOS and the TOS is what would have to give HFB the right to terminate without a refund.

Frankly, the TOS needs a re-write. They need to build in an allowance for DayZ to demand termination of services. It would only require one sentence. The TOS needs to be reviewed by HFB's legal counsel to make sure it can be used, as currently there are many changes that I would require in order to protect HFB and prevent problems if I were representing HFB.

EaGLe beat me to it but yeah, they're shut down for not running battleye...and it clearly states "Battleye is a requirement" meaning you disable it, you get shutdown. Plain and simple. Now everyone shut up about this mythical dev team abuse BS and learn to read.

• Like 1