shawnbayer75

Seattle 35 Removed

So.... exploiters crying about removing this ? Since when is exploit an ingame feature ?

Prety damn stupid crap crying about it, if you ask me.

Nice work DayZ team. I being a straight up player like seeing this happen to those trying to skirt the system.

Brutally obvious here who is trying to get any and every edge they can, cheating or not.

hahaha arrogant?you're the thickheaded guy you mentioned before.

I pity your co-admin for having to deal with you every day.

never mind sorry for bothering.....

hahaha omg what else am I gonna read in here....

Again nevermind and cya around mate.

Edit: and the post before wasn't arrogance,it was just a friendly tip.

Edit: and the post before wasn't arrogance' date='it was just a friendly tip.

[/quote']

Again, we're discussing pulling hosting support from DayZ because we're quite frankly sick of the community, and our members...about 120 of them...are bored.

So, why do I need your support? :D

DayZ has been dropping in population anyways

care to share your sources ? cuz everyday we got a new player record...

Well' date=' Steam reported a peak of 4,147 players today but, it's still early. I also feel that basing anything on the statistics of this week (being a holiday in the US) would be a poor idea.

[/quote']

forget steam stats, that's pretty much useless now that the beta patch is required for most servers. Steam doesn't keep stats on games that aren't the natively installed steam files..

you're the only server hoster discussing it as far as I can see...

oh and maybe 2-3 others....

and you consider pulling your support?oh how cool....first you accept all the rules and lick the devs to grab their work and now you're pulling your support....

how mature indeed.....

and you consider pulling your support?oh how cool....first you accept all the rules and lick the devs to grab their work and now you're pulling your support....

how mature indeed.....

We've been considering it for a while, not that it's any of your concern or business.

I'm tired of supporting an ungrateful, childish community.

And I didn't lick anybody. Me and Knightcat put our box forward to SUPPORT this mod, they asked for hosters...we were one of the first to put our hats into the ring.

We're very much sick of this community.

ungrateful,childish community....

maybe some of the members are but that's a given in such a wide community.

If you can't handle it you can easily leave and stop "considering it" only.

hmmm I wonder who was the arrogant one....me or you....

Edit : you're in a community with thousands of people.You took on the burden of hosting a server.You have to deal with mature boys and little kiddos that's a given in each and every game community out there.

Hmm, suspending a server becuase of how they choose to run it, wrong or not sounds illegal. Unless of course you had them sign a tos or agreement to one before buying the server. If not, id sue you, just an fyi.

Whether they are aware or not they must abide by the rules put forth by the DayZ team as listed under "Server General" forum which I've copy and pasted. You'll notice that Battleye must be enabled, otherwise they will ban/blacklist that server which is what is happening. I don't see the big deal. Whether you're hosting yourself or through a hosting company, this list applies regardless.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

Whether they are aware or not they must abide by the rules put forth by the DayZ team as listed under "Server General" forum which I've copy and pasted. You'll notice that Battleye must be enabled' date=' otherwise they will ban/blacklist that server which is what is happening. I don't see the big deal. Whether you're hosting yourself or through a hosting company, this list applies regardless.

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

[/quote']

i lol'd

Whether they are aware or not they must abide by the rules put forth by the DayZ team as listed under "Server General" forum which I've copy and pasted. You'll notice that Battleye must be enabled' date=' otherwise they will ban/blacklist that server which is what is happening. I don't see the big deal. Whether you're hosting yourself or through a hosting company, this list applies regardless.

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

[/quote']

Protip: They just added the BE line about an hour ago after people in here pointed out that it wasn't on the TOS. So it's actually null and void for the Seattle guys.

Actually' date=' we've had DayZ drive a lot of people to buy ARMA II: OA and are now trying the other game modes as well. Does Six Updater have graphs specific to what mod they are playing on? I apologize if I missed that on the link....

[/quote']

I had to make a forum name just because of this. I have seen you and Tomcat on here thinking that you as a server host are suppose to be the all mighty and can do what you want when you want and fuck everything else just because you host a server for this mod. Quite frankly i would never play on a server owned by you with that kind of attitude. I hope you so pull your support from DayZ. Take your "im the king" attitude and just leave so we dont have to hear you continually complain about how much you dont like the community and how you dont like to be restricted as a server host.

Lol at the people crying about this community. I would like to know what kind of circle jerk fests these people were apart of if they think this is really bad.

The server rules are a lie as i have been banned from a server fro telling the admin you cant ban a user for talking in side chat but that did not stop him from banning 2 people witch is clearly against the rules but no one cares as i am not a friend of a dev.

Edit: and the post before wasn't arrogance' date='it was just a friendly tip.

[/quote']

Again, we're discussing pulling hosting support from DayZ because we're quite frankly sick of the community, and our members...about 120 of them...are bored.

So, why do I need your support? :D

FFS Just leave then. No one cares. Stop making yourself look like a cry baby and leave with some dignity if you feel that strongly about it. What they did is completely within their rights as SOLE owners of the Intellectual Property and is also within their agreement with their hosts WHO THEY PICK. If you dont like it then too bad. Get over it, and either leave and pull down your awful servers or stay and stfu.

Also I guarantee not a single one of you is going to pay a lawyer to even try to file an international lawsuit against Rocket & co over some measly server fees. ONE HOUR of an international lawyers time is probably worth more than you have paid the entire time your server has been up. Not to mention no lawyer who is 1/2 way competent would even consider taking on your case. Once again if you feel that strongly about it then man up and do it and stop creating a drama fest on the forums which will get you no where.

Thanks

I heard you want to leave?

Bye, won't be missed. You're only tainting this community.

Also: More power to HFB for doing this. Fuckers don't deserve a DayZ server.

how mature indeed.....

We've been considering it for a while' date=' not that it's any of your concern or business.

I'm tired of supporting an ungrateful, childish community.

And I didn't lick anybody. Me and Knightcat put our box forward to SUPPORT this mod, they asked for hosters...we were one of the first to put our hats into the ring.

We're very much sick of this community.

[/quote']

Two or three servers out of hundreds isn't going to be missed. What on earth possessed you to post this? What were you expecting the response to be?

Here's a thought. Make an organized SINGLE list of the rules for servers, if you're going to be nazis about it. Having to read 18 different threads to get all the rules is annoying. I'm not going to keep paying for a server if I have to be harassed about not knowing the rules as soon as someone pulls them out of their ass. I pay to support a mod I like. Don't make me regret it.

Also I guarantee not a single one of you is going to pay a lawyer to even try to file an international lawsuit against Rocket & co over some measly server fees.

Why would someone do that?