shawnbayer75

Seattle 35 Removed

EaGLe beat me to it but yeah' date=' they're shut down for not running battleye...and it clearly states "Battleye is a requirement" meaning you disable it, you get shutdown. Plain and simple. Now everyone shut up about this mythical dev team abuse BS and learn to read.

[/quote']

Again, where on the HFB TOS does it say that your SERVER can be taken away from you that you PAID for if you don't run BE?

Where?

I guess anyone with a reasonable mind (lawyers do not apply lol), would understand that battleeye, being a requirement, should be on always. If not, what is the point of being a requirement?

I guess anyone with a reasonable mind (lawyers do not apply lol)' date=' would understand that battleeye, being a requirement, should be on always. If not, what is the point of being a requirement?

[/quote']

Duh, you must have the files on the server, you don't actually have to run it.

Some people..

EaGLe beat me to it but yeah' date=' they're shut down for not running battleye...and it clearly states "Battleye is a requirement" meaning you disable it, you get shutdown. Plain and simple. Now everyone shut up about this mythical dev team abuse BS and learn to read.

[/quote']

This was entirely uninformed. So helpful to say something exists when it doesn't exist where it really matters.

"My neighbor has permission to paint his house and has the same landlord as I do. I can paint my house too!!!"

Not how it works. Check with your landlord.

Umm, he posted it. Above. I'll quote it.

Before purchasing a server with us, please be sure that you have read and agree to the following conditions, they are rules set by the DayZ development team, not by ourselves:

Battleye is a requirement.

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in your account being cancelled without a refund.

Now, legally, this is whats known as a rider to a contract. So, you agreed to it when you took the service. Pretty much, run battleye, or lose your server. Which is what happened.

Questions?

• Like 1

Me thinks Knight & TomCat need to actually LOOK at that picture of the TOS. Plain as day...

Yeah I see it now. Had to look over it again.

Again, like I said, you're an idiot if you host with HFB.

Simple. I wouldn't pay for such ludicrous rules.

Umm' date=' he posted it. Above. I'll quote it.

Before purchasing a server with us, please be sure that you have read and agree to the following conditions, they are rules set by the DayZ development team, not by ourselves:

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in your account being cancelled without a refund.

Now, legally, this is whats known as a rider to a contract. So, you agreed to it when you took the service. Pretty much, run battleye, or lose your server. Which is what happened.

Questions?

[/quote']

I have a screen capture taken earlier today in which that line does not exist. HFB modified the TOS this morning.

this whole thread summed up into one word "derp"

Umm' date=' he posted it. Above. I'll quote it.

Questions?

[/quote']

I have a screen capture taken earlier today in which that line does not exist. HFB modified the TOS this morning.

Ohhhhhh yes they did. That's why I didn't see it earlier.

You sneaky fuckers.

Heh, yes, they can and will do that. If the contract is written correctly, they will be able to modify it, usually without notice.

Me thinks Knight & TomCat need to actually LOOK at that picture of the TOS. Plain as day...

Again' date=' like I said, you're an idiot if you host with HFB.

[/quote']

Funny. You follow the same rules as a server admin no matter what server you run with DayZ. You'd be blacklisted from the HIVE otherwise. There is nothing wrong with server providers or the DayZ staff setting rules for you to run DayZ on a server. Just because you paid for the server and host it, doesn't mean you can break the rules or not have them apply to you altogether.

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh yes they did. That's why I didn't see it earlier.

You sneaky fuckers.

This would not be considered a valid reason to terminate the server given that it was not updated until after the incident and it would still require at least an implied approval of the TOS modification from ALL of the people renting servers from HFB.

OLD TOS attached.

Heh' date=' yes, they can and will do that. If the contract is written correctly, they will be able to modify it, usually without notice.

[/quote']

Correct but, not after the fact. Also, guess what?!?! There is no provision written into their TOS that allows it to be modified without written agreement from both parties.

Frankly, it hardly counts as a TOS.

[/quote']

And you think that if your server was caught without battle eye, they wouldn't just blacklist your IP? Effectively cutting you off from hosting DayZ?

HBS Had two options. Let DayZ blacklist the IP (and fuck over others using the same IP) or suspend the persons account. so either take out 4 servers (3 following the rules) or take out one rule breaking server. SUCH A DIFFICULT CHOICE.

I really think I do understand what your trying to get at wild, but really the way your stating it probably is not the clearest. You wouldn't host with HFB because you feel that even if you break the rules (set forth by DayZ Mod itself, that you are required to follow when hosting a server regardless of if its a box, or a rented VPS) you shouldn't be in trouble, and should be able to keep hosting DayZ.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

[/quote']

Funny. You follow the same rules as a server admin no matter what server you run with DayZ. You'd be blacklisted from the HIVE otherwise. There is nothing wrong with server providers or the DayZ staff setting rules for you to run DayZ on a server. Just because you paid for the server and host it, doesn't mean you can break the rules or not have them apply to you altogether.

That's not the issue at all.

The issue is having the dev team tell a server provider to cut you off from your own server you PAID for...for not adhering to a MOD's rules.

It's not about breaking DayZ's rules...it's having DayZ dictate to a server hoster who they can sell servers to.

HFB is in cahoots with DayZ...that's fine. I would never pay a server hoster my money if they were at the mercy of a fucking MOD's dev team.

Never in a million years.

What's so hard to understand about this?

Not sure why americans are against provider restricting access to service because of failing to cope with terms ... I suppose you like it given voting and banking system in us.

Money? F*** that, experience matters. Do you know they were not refunded? And... if the provider provides it for DayZ with certain rules, you can understand that by failing to go along those rules you "shit where you eat".

[/quote']

And you think that if your server was caught without battle eye, they wouldn't just blacklist your IP? Effectively cutting you off from hosting DayZ?

HBS Had two options. Let DayZ blacklist the IP (and fuck over others using the same IP) or suspend the persons account. so either take out 4 servers (3 following the rules) or take out one rule breaking server. SUCH A DIFFICULT CHOICE.

I really think I do understand what your trying to get at wild, but really the way your stating it probably is not the clearest. You wouldn't host with HBS because you feel that even if you break the rules (set forth by DayZ Mod itself, that you are required to follow when hosting a server regardless of if its a box, or a rented VPS) you shouldn't be in trouble, and should be able to keep hosting DayZ.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Nope. Not at all. If you break DayZ's rules you shouldn't be allowed to host.

What I AM saying is, why would you pay money to host with someone that can be dictated to by a MOD's dev team?

I think it's silly that someone would sign a contract with a company like that...that's all.

I have a question.

How can you have someone's server suspended when you don't pay for it?

i see you so often making these complaints, why are you so unhappy about being a host?

I don't understand how hard it is for you to get that BattleEye needs and in pretty much required to run on all servers. The only reason someone should and would have it toggled off would be to allow hacking to happen. If it -wasn't- part of the TOS, it should be. That being said, these people -should- have their server removed. I doubt they were up to any good with BE being off in there anyhow.

Having access to the DayZ HIVE is not a right, it is a privilege. Some server hosts are in an agreement with the DayZ team and, instead of having all their servers blacklisted, they chose to drop the offending server instead of probably losing all... however many servers they have running DayZ. They even state that

I don't really see where this great wrong has happened. Legal or otherwise. Sucks for Seattle 35, but maybe they shouldn't of allowed hacks on their server.

[/quote']

I really think I do understand what your trying to get at wild, but really the way your stating it probably is not the clearest. You wouldn't host with HBS because you feel that even if you break the rules (set forth by DayZ Mod itself, that you are required to follow when hosting a server regardless of if its a box, or a rented VPS) you shouldn't be in trouble, and should be able to keep hosting DayZ.

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Ultimately HFB doesn't have two legally acceptable options. They need to isolate that server instance from the other three so that it can be blocked without affecting their clients in good standing. Technically it is stupid to have a DayZ server that is blacklisted but, they did pay for the server for the pre-defined period of time and even with it being blacklisted, HFB is contractually obligated to continue to provide that service through the already paid time period.

[/quote']

Correct me if I'm wrong?

Ultimately HFB doesn't have two legally acceptable options. They need to isolate that server instance from the other three so that it can be blocked without affecting their clients in good standing. Technically it is stupid to have a DayZ server that is blacklisted but, they did pay for the server for the pre-defined period of time and even with it being blacklisted, HFB is contractually obligated to continue to provide that service through the already paid time period.

This. I think some of you are confused about contractual obligations.

Like I said, at the end of the day....you're stupid for paying for a server with HFB...knowing that if you break just ONE rule...you forfeit your server and the money you paid at the whim of a dev team for a mod on Arma 2.

It blows my mind.

I have no problem with the fact that the server will no longer be allowed to host DayZ.

I have no problem with the fact that HFB wants to terminate their service.

I am specifically suggesting that HFB find a reason other than the one that has been given in order to prevent themselves from being put in a difficult legal position.

Good lord at the armchair lawyering all up in this thread.

Good Lord at the fanboy bullshit going on in this thread.

You guys have your noses so far up the dev teams' asses I can't tell where they end and you begin.

Well, if that is true that the battleye requeriment was added after the contract was made, so I take back again what I said and I agree with KnightCat: the company has no right to terminate it because of it. So the only option now is trying to find a way to blacklist only this server from the hive.