Kyiara

1.19 Stable Release / Wipe News

When this game ceases to get updates, your dream of no wipes will come true. Until then there is no reason to complain about the inevitable. Weren't you supposed to have uninstalled and moved on by now? You're getting long in the tooth, as am I as a 44 year old gamer. The one thing you can't get back in life is time. And you are wasting precious seconds here complaining about something that 

will

never 

change.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/27/2022 at 12:48 PM, Kingfisher5564u said:

Well, you will be losing me as a customer and can refund my purchase price . This is twice now that I will have to build another character and frankly ? I,m sick of this B.S.  I was going to buy the game for my wife and had cached several items of clothing for her, spent 5 months getting geared and ready for her to join me. now there is no point in continuing or playing between now and the 18th as it will be all for nothing.   Im 64 years old and dont take kindly to getting ripped off. Until you figure out how to manage the extra cached loot and not have to wipe characters I'm out.  I ll be uninstalling this game if my characters are wiped. I feel like I wasted 5 months  building a set of characters , pure stupid. Ill monitor this thread then check my players on the 19th. If I  spawn in on the beach as a fresh spawn? I'll emote you all the finger and uninstall the game FOREVER,  Michael King  

PS.  I feel like I am being Punished for not dying, punished for thriving, slapped down for succeeding where others fail. This coming wipe? is the only thing wrong with Dayz. No other game I own does this to its members. 

I agree. Well said. Most sad is so many think you are naïve. 

These "updates" are far too frequent and create far too little progress or actual improvement. Please stop wasting our time with unwarranted updates and wipes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 9/27/2022 at 5:40 PM, DefectiveWater said:

I gave you an explanation why.

They want players to go from 0 again. Livonia received major changes. Central loot economy received changes too (affects both Livonia and Chernarus) - now more items spawn damaged (scopes, cleaning kits, ammo, mags... basically everything can spawn damaged).
Having geared players from the older patch with fully pristine everything would mess with the balance/first patch impressions.

So, instead of a little misery for the few, we create a lot of misery for the many... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Thats not the point. I already have the things I want. rifles, pistols ammo clothes.  I dont need easier loot, I just dont like reclaiming ground I already mastered. Why do it all again? makes no sense. I have not been killed. This is supposed to be a survival game , well? I survived. Dayz could learn a few things from other games that do preserve saved progress. I want to go on further, not return to the beginning over and over and over , and over. 

It’s okay if you don’t understand the point. In fact, it does make sense, but you wish to not see it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

One of my friends finally got the entire gray gas zone suit only to find he will not even be able to use it at Pavlovo and Rify. and if he does he will lose the rifles anyway. So why even bother?

There's still 15 days until the wipe. Your friend can go to Pavlovo and Rify more than handful of times until then. Few hours is all you need.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

There's still 15 days until the wipe. Your friend can go to Pavlovo and Rify more than handful of times until then. Few hours is all you need.

And then have it all taken from him. What is the point of collecting , gathering ANYTHING In this game. Why waste time building a character only to have him wiped. You people are the ones who are nuts not me. There is no long term game here, just the beginning over and over and over and over.  Im here to put a bug in the ear of this games developers. Ill be here until the 19th. If they dont rethink the player wipes then Im out. If I spawn in on the beach the 19th? I'm done, my two brothers are done, my wife will not buy the game , my son will uninstall as well. I have three friends on the server who are also going to quit as well.  Thats 8 players leaving because of this nonsense. More people are starting to come forward as well. So take note DAYZ you are about to lose a lot of players. 

Edited by Kingfisher5564u
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, intrTek_Alan said:

So, instead of a little misery for the few, we create a lot of misery for the many... 

Thank you for chiming in. They all know they can fix the bugs and balance the loot by wiping the maps. They were going to just wipe the maps at first. for some reason they changed their minds. The few things I can fit in my back pack would not change a thing in game play. A pristine gun cleaning kit will get used up even faster than before as the new ones will be junk. Within two weeks  any pristine gear will be gone. All my guns are worn, clothing is worn, I have a pristine hat , boy that will mess up the game right . LOL. How about my pristine lock pick? That should crash a few servers right? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

And then have it all taken from him. What is the point of collecting , gathering ANYTHING In this game. Why waste time building a character only to have him wiped.

There is no reason to focus on collecting and gathering.  The point is to do things.  You're not wasting your character if you've been able to hang out with your group of people and have great experiences.  Whether PvP or PvE or whatever, the point is to have fun and learn.  There is no measuring stick for success, only create memories.  Watch some great players who stream.  People don't tune it to see their gear.  Get your wife to buy the game like planned and help her learn how to play the game and have fun.  That's the point.  Getting all of the loot before she starts playing is the complete opposite of what's inherently intended.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

10 hours ago, Neptune Man said:

Maybe someone that uses reddit could create a poll to see if players are ok or not ok with a full wipe. Im ok.

Every game in development gets wipes. Why is this such a drama? There is sufficient time between wipes to enjoy your char. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Neptune Man said:

Maybe someone that uses reddit could create a poll to see if players are ok or not ok with a full wipe. Im ok.

Maybe we should avoid using nonsense like Reddit and social media platforms. Why are you trying to move the discussion off of this website?  When Hicks and friends left the company BI stopped using this website. It’s a real shame because this was a real hub of information. Now the dayz ‘brand manager’ relies on social media bullshit and podcasts to ‘communicate’ with their customers. 

Not that players should have any say whatsoever regarding whether there actually SHOULD be a wipe. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

Maybe we should avoid using nonsense like Reddit and social media platforms. Why are you trying to move the discussion off of this website?  When Hicks and friends left the company BI stopped using this website. It’s a real shame because this was a real hub of information. Now the dayz ‘brand manager’ relies on social media bullshit and podcasts to ‘communicate’ with their customers. 

Not that players should have any say whatsoever regarding whether there actually SHOULD be a wipe. 

Its a discussion board which its outdated heavily - mostly fashion-wise though... So what if is working? It doesn't matter. What matters is trend. And currently the trend is: you listen, you like, you follow and keep your opinion to yourself. Please don't be offended by how it sounds. Its just how things are "working" nowadays. phpbb boards and alike are great - but most people don't give a damn about that. They're only copying others. 'Only' copying...

I dont use reddit i said about reddit because its easy to make a poll there. If u know how to make a poll here do it. Leaving this board, total waste of time.

16 minutes ago, withered-46f64d60fb2f4523 said:

Its a discussion board which its outdated heavily - mostly fashion-wise though... So what if is working? It doesn't matter. What matters is trend. And currently the trend is: you listen, you like, you follow and keep your opinion to yourself. Please don't be offended by how it sounds. Its just how things are "working" nowadays. phpbb boards and alike are great - but most people don't give a damn about that. They're only copying others. 'Only' copying...

No. That’s not how it works at all.  Trends don’t just happen independently from what works.  People say things like “most people….” When they don’t actually have any data.   

The trend is to keep your opinion to yourself?  That’s the trend? Lol. No. Maybe you need to re-evaluate what social media is all about. 

• Like 1

Social media is for 1 person to have millions of followers beneath and make money out of them. Simply as that. You can have all the truths piled up against but its useless. Want stats? Check how many discussion boards vanished and how many users reddit/facebook and alike have. Masses choose massmedia.

So, you’re saying we should use Facebook to discuss wipes?  All of those things are totally one sided compared to actual discussion. 

When we have questions, feedback, or bug reports, maybe we should use truth social or Twitter?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Parazight said:

So, you’re saying we should use Facebook to discuss wipes?  All of those things are totally one sided compared to actual discussion. 

When we have questions, feedback, or bug reports, maybe we should use truth social or Twitter?

I understand what you are saying @Parazight Personally, I don't understand why they don't just focus on delivering relevant game information through their blog/twitter/facebook whatever, but do actual discussion and Q&A through DISCORD!  That is the trend, and a damn good one if you ask me.  Discord now has the ability host FORUM DISCUSSIONS within the same platform, and it works, really damn well.  I, too, am over the standalone forum discussion format.  A great portion of their target audience uses Discord, and it's a great way to communicate directly with players.

You know, if they had some centralized location where all the information is there, discord or no, then that would be great.  They've announced a wipe with this update and it happened right away.  I couldn't be happier.  But before that, I've asked every update on the day they release the changelog with no response.  This happened over and over.  Eventually they'd get around to announcing it on Twitter.   So, I made a huge stink about it.  I called out the PR manager who had never been to this website before to give us information about Dayz on the Dayz website.  Finally, something happened.

The logical conclusion is to make a lot of noise if you want anything, I guess.  The original plan, before most of the dev team left, was to use this website to communicate with the masses, to promote the game.  Look at all of the opportunity that they've thrown away.  From not hiring the guy who went on to make PubG, to dumping Survivor Games, to not communicating at all with the people who funded this.  The DayZ brand manager has a podcast that he does?  Weird that it isn't even mentioned at dayz dot com!

I'm all for written discussion in a dedicated place, wherever it is.  Discord is great,  I use it all the time.  I'm really not interested in wading through a mountain of unsolicited garbage opinions of people who want video attention, though.   I want to be able to just read the information now.  I don't want to sit through videos/audio for 10 minutes for 3.4 seconds of written information.  If they want to move everything to Discord or whatever, then that's fine.  But it looks like they have enough trouble managing ... everything...  as it is.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

On 10/4/2022 at 12:43 AM, Kingfisher5564u said:

And then have it all taken from him. What is the point of collecting , gathering ANYTHING In this game. Why waste time building a character only to have him wiped. You people are the ones who are nuts not me. There is no long term game here, just the beginning over and over and over and over.  Im here to put a bug in the ear of this games developers. Ill be here until the 19th. If they dont rethink the player wipes then Im out. If I spawn in on the beach the 19th? I'm done, my two brothers are done, my wife will not buy the game , my son will uninstall as well. I have three friends on the server who are also going to quit as well.  Thats 8 players leaving because of this nonsense. More people are starting to come forward as well. So take note DAYZ you are about to lose a lot of players. 

You're right, what's the point of gathering anything IN A GAME...

On 10/3/2022 at 5:43 PM, Kingfisher5564u said:

8 vs approx 60,000 currently on PC and however many on console, I think BI likes it's odds.   Seriously, wipes happen dude, get over yourself.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:19 AM, THEGordonFreeman said:

8 vs approx 60,000 currently on PC and however many on console, I think BI likes it's odds.   Seriously, wipes happen dude, get over yourself.

The small number of people here on this thread represent a percentage sample .  So I count against  the wipe ? about 30%  30% of 60 k is a lot of players.  You assume all 60 k are for the wipe.  Again, Dayz should add an end game where geared players can opt out of the wipe . Several servers where there are no new player spawns . Where the threat of dying is greater, mpc attackers both Russian and  U.S. chopper attacks on player bases etc. If given the option? my guess is that number goes way up. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

The small number of people here on this thread represent a percentage sample .  So I count against  the wipe ? about 30%  30% of 60 k is a lot of players. 

Okay.  You're extrapolating that 30% of people are against a wipe based off of the number of replies in this thread.  WHAT A WILD RIDE!!!

I don't want to convince you to keep playing.  I understand that you'll no longer enjoy playing DayZ after your loot is gone.  That's fine and all but let's take a look at this one idea that seems more interesting than crying about wipes...

14 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Dayz should add an end game where geared players can opt out of the wipe . Several servers where there are no new player spawns . Where the threat of dying is greater, mpc attackers both Russian and  U.S. chopper attacks on player bases etc. If given the option? my guess is that number goes way up.

This idea, which you keep mentioning, if implemented, would also be subject to wipes for all of the same reasons.  Hardware changes, corrupt data, software updates, to name a few.  

But my question is..  At what specific point is a player considered to be 'geared'?  And why base it on gear?  You're just asking for exploitation.

• Like 1

Its Just a bad bluff to get BI to act. He cant even quit the thread/forum, he said he would. 

Hi @Kingfisher5564u, would like to offer you an alternative to quitting. You and your clan could join mine on an official UK server after the restart. Race to heli crashes that will spawn LAR’s plus other goodies. Find a truck, fill it with junk and build a base. Relish in wiping out freshies and stopping them from getting a foothold on OUR server👊.

Don’t miss out on these experiences due to frustration at being wiped. Once it’s happened a hundred times you’ll wonder why you used to get bothered. A fresh beginning could be the start of something wonderful or I might stab you in the back for a can of tactical bacon…

Craig