Kyiara

1.19 Stable Release / Wipe News

Hey Survivors,

We are pleased to announce, we are aiming to Release the stable version of 1.19, on the 18th of October (all platforms).
This depends on Experimental updates & feedback, continue to provide here.

Wipe update: We have decided to increase wipe to full Wipe (Characters and Map / Livonia and Chernarus) We also advise community servers to do the same.

Dayz Client Screenshot 2022.09.12 - 15.27.51.86.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2
  • Beans 1

Thank you for the announcement. Full wipe is probably best. 

• Confused 1

Excellent news! Full wipe is always fun, everyone fighting for the basic gear etc, love it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, you will be losing me as a customer and can refund my purchase price . This is twice now that I will have to build another character and frankly ? I,m sick of this B.S.  I was going to buy the game for my wife and had cached several items of clothing for her, spent 5 months getting geared and ready for her to join me. now there is no point in continuing or playing between now and the 18th as it will be all for nothing.   Im 64 years old and dont take kindly to getting ripped off. Until you figure out how to manage the extra cached loot and not have to wipe characters I'm out.  I ll be uninstalling this game if my characters are wiped. I feel like I wasted 5 months  building a set of characters , pure stupid. Ill monitor this thread then check my players on the 19th. If I  spawn in on the beach as a fresh spawn? I'll emote you all the finger and uninstall the game FOREVER,  Michael King  

PS.  I feel like I am being Punished for not dying, punished for thriving, slapped down for succeeding where others fail. This coming wipe? is the only thing wrong with Dayz. No other game I own does this to its members. 

Edited by Kingfisher5564u
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

i do like a full wipe but this is a bit late in the day for me. moved around a lot of gear for this livonia wipe which took time so feels a bit random with hey guys doing a full wipe now.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Well, you will be losing me as a customer and can refund my purchase price . This is twice now that I will have to build another character and frankly ? I,m sick of this B.S.  I was going to buy the game for my wife and had cached several items of clothing for her, spent 5 months getting geared and ready for her to join me. now there is no point in continuing or playing between now and the 18th as it will be all for nothing.   Im 64 years old and dont take kindly to getting ripped off. Until you figure out how to manage the extra cached loot and not have to wipe characters I'm out.  I ll be uninstalling this game if my characters are wiped. I feel like I wasted 5 months  building a set of characters , pure stupid. Ill monitor this thread then check my players on the 19th. If I  spawn in on the beach as a fresh spawn? I'll emote you all the finger and uninstall the game FOREVER,  Michael King  

PS.  I feel like I am being Punished for not dying, punished for thriving, slapped down for succeeding where others fail. This coming wipe? is the only thing wrong with Dayz. No other game I own does this to its members. 

No one is going to sympathize with your whining.  This has been the norm for years. 
You didn’t do your homework, clearly. 

All the garbage that your character collected was never hard to acquire. When you get more experience, this becomes obvious. 

You’re WAY too late to get your money back. Suck it up like everyone else. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If total wipes are the norm? then Im out. They should advertise it. Be upfront with people who are interested.  And this isnt whining boy. This is a pissed off old man who doesnt like being taken for a ride.  It is a total waste of time , my time . They want feedback ? there it is.  I have played video games for over 40 years. This is the only game that that takes your success and erases it. Sorry if the truth hurts. 

add content.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

This is the only game that that takes your success and erases it.

uuuh... no?

Escape From Tarkov, Rust, Path of Exile (to some extent, new seasons...), Diablo (new seasons?), Scum, ARK...
Probably dozen more.

Nothing is permanent in DayZ, never has been and probably never will be. Sorry to say this, but get over it.
Global wipes aren't too common, but happen once or twice a year.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is like putting my money in a bank and having the clerk tell me my account has been erased.  Only its my time . Time wasted for nothing. Zero saved progress. I should have said no other game I  have played in over 40 years of gaming. Like I said they should advertise this.  Come play DAYZ , it's a great game but by the way we erase your player every 9 months.  Staying alive and surviving means nothing  and we don't care about your time.

I have over 40 years of gaming experience and can say this. DAYZ is a great game. no rules, pvp or not. Survive if you can. I have nothing against wiping the map just not the characters. I spent too much time working on mine. We already have to deal with toxic players, infected, rain, the dark, gas zones, animals and sickness. No, I will not accept my character being erased. I stand by my opinion. If my players are erased on the 18th I will uninstall the game on the 19th and it will be for good. I am in contact with several others who feel the same. I already put up with this nonsense once , not going to do it again. DAYZ  is going to lose some of its base. Im a 2 year player.  love the game hate the player wipes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This is like putting my money in a bank and having the clerk tell me my account has been erased.  Only its my time . Time wasted for nothing. Zero saved progress. I should have said no other game I  have played in over 40 years of gaming. Like I said they should advertise this.  Come play DAYZ , it's a great game but by the way we erase your player every 9 months.  Staying alive and surviving means nothing  and we don't care about your time.

I have over 40 years of gaming experience and can say this. DAYZ is a great game. no rules, pvp or not. Survive if you can. I have nothing against wiping the map just not the characters. I spent too much time working on mine. We already have to deal with toxic players, infected, rain, the dark, gas zones, animals and sickness. No, I will not accept my character being erased. I stand by my opinion. If my players are erased on the 18th I will uninstall the game on the 19th and it will be for good. I am in contact with several others who feel the same. I already put up with this nonsense once , not going to do it again. DAYZ  is going to lose some of its base. Im a 2 year player.  love the game hate the player wipes. 

@Kingfisher5564u

Michael, I feel your pain. The first wipe took me by surprise as well. I've been playing for 7+ years now. An I got used to it. Every time I get geared faster. An I actually enjoy the challenge once in a while.

BUT... What I can advise you is to start your own private server on your pc and play on that. It is easy!  You do not have to wipe and yo get the benefit of no wipes and no KOS. I have a massive base on my server and if I just want to relax and explore, I play on my server. If I feel like KOS I play on official or community server. Me and my son play on our server a lot and have fun building and finding new stuff. He only play on our server by the way. 

Give your own server a shot first before you give up. Also, it will be a nice way to get the wife to play with no fear of other players, just the infected and survival to worry about. 

You will love it... trust me.

Edit: 

Watch this videos :

Howto: 

Why: 

Edited by ScipioII
Added info
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

A 2 yr player, lmao. 

Starting fresh is always fun. No1 rule of dayz; dont get attached to your gear. 

And why set up your wife with gear, that way she'll never learn the basics. 

You can go ahead and uninstall, threaths wont change the fact. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I understand why you’re upset but there’s a few other considerations:

• The wipes HAVE been clearly signposted. That they haven’t needed to wipe in the last few updates has been a bonus
  • It gives a blanket reset for the economy, plus the days before the wipe are among the craziest times on all servers
  • As DefectiveWater said plenty of other games regularly wipe including big ones - Fortnite wipes character progress every couple of months
  • They’re not going to lose the player base – since the wipes have been instituted the game has significantly grown in popularity
  • If it means we get major updates like 1.19 then I’m all for it.
  • If you have played for 2 years you should be able to gear up relatively quickly
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

@Kingfisher5564u

Michael, I feel your pain. The first wipe took me by surprise as well. I've been playing for 7+ years now. An I got used to it. Every time I get geared faster. An I actually enjoy the challenge once in a while.

BUT... What I can advise you is to start your own private server on your pc and play on that. It is easy!  You do not have to wipe and yo get the benefit of no wipes and no KOS. I have a massive base on my server and if I just want to relax and explore, I play on my server. If I feel like KOS I play on official or community server. Me and my son play on our server a lot and have fun building and finding new stuff. He only play on our server by the way. 

Give your own server a shot first before you give up. Also, it will be a nice way to get the wife to play with no fear of other players, just the infected and survival to worry about. 

You will love it... trust me.

Edit: 

Watch this videos :

Howto: 

Why: 

I am NOT spending any more money on this game.  I love the game, public servers, pvp and the no rules format. I absolutely hate that the last 5 months are about to become a huge waste of my time left with nothing to show for it. If my characters are wiped on the 18th. Im gone for good. Sorry admin. you need players playing. I am not the only one leaving. I feel that leaving is the only way to make you take notice. see you on the 19th  either I have my geared players or you lose me and several of my friends along with a purchase of this game for my wife.  Period

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

I am NOT spending any more money on this game. 

The server is free if you have the game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Time wasted for nothing.

Not really. You still had fun all this time. Nothing is stopping you from starting again and having more fun.
DayZ is similar to life... materialistic things are just that, they come and go, but experiences last forever.

Hope you stick around, maybe we meet in-game sometime. Happy surviving to you and your wife!

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Sad 1

free on my computer. That is not the same . community servers cost a fee . I dont want my own private game. I just want my characters intact . I like the threats of an open world, pvp, I like killing toxic players. What fun could dayz be without pvp?  Boring.  No , this is an issue with the game being cheap on server space. only so much bites of information. we stock up on loot and they run out of space. Its is easier to just wipe everything instead of splitting it.  They were planning on just wiping the map then decided on a total wipe.  Nope , Im not doing it all again unless I die in combat.  Again, the 19th is it for me and all my friends. 12 characters in all. We end up on the beach ? we walk.

• Beans 1

First time huh? Funny when the new guys cry about a necessary mechanic that all persistent games have. Wipes have been happening since the mod. So this is a known thing for over a DECADE. Smh.

Edited by Girth Brooks
wurdz iz hard
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, DefectiveWater said:

Not really. You still had fun all this time. Nothing is stopping you from starting again and having more fun.
DayZ is similar to life, materialistic things are just that, but experiences last forever.

Hope you stick around, maybe we meet in-game sometime. Happy surviving to you and your wife!

At my age getting geared was not fun.  crawling into Stary, Tisy and nw airfield was not fun. But I survived it and am now able to sustain , to thrive.  To hunt, fish, evade, and attack if need be.  I stand to lose , night vision, two aux rifles, two tundras, one vss, over 500 rounds of ammo, clothing, food, caches I spent weeks building.  It took 5 months for me to get where I am. A lone wolf who is real good at what he does. Yes it becomes nothing but a waste of my time , 5 months gone washed away. It is B.S. plain and simple.

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

No , this is an issue with the game being cheap on server space. only so much bites of information. we stock up on loot and they run out of space. Its is easier to just wipe everything instead of splitting it.

Not exactly a matter of space. Space is the least of the issues when wipes happen, could even say it's basically non-issue.

Wipes tend to happen to refresh the game/balance, or because some newer patch breaks something crucial.
There's also some performance uplift for a short while until servers start getting clogged up again, but I don't think it's anything due to size of storage.

They don't want people to be fully geared on day 1 of the new Livonia update, so they are wiping characters too. They probably want to get more feedback from players who start from 0 because Livonia had some changes recently.

• Sad 1

second wipe for me and  the last time Im putting up with it. I dont play on Livonia, at first  the main game was just a map wipe. now its everything . No sense even playing now until the 19th. Ill lose it all anyway. So Im moving on if my guys get wiped.  It is really too bad that they treat their player base like this. Dayz is the best first person shooter , weapons that anyone can get, no tricks, no magic,  find it, use it and everyone is equally screwed when they start and has the same opportunities to find and or craft the things they need to survive. I already found what I need , took measures to hide it and I use it. Just like in real life. If another player finds me and kills me , takes my stuff? That is the game , no crying here.  But to have all my time wasted and my accomplishments tossed by administration for nothing is wrong. Why waste another pile of my time just to have it scrubbed again.  5 months , zero deaths, had a great time. Its like winning the world series and then having the baseball commissioner say we have to go back to the first game and do it all over. IT IS B.S. plain and simple. Ill find another game.

• Beans 1

12 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

at first  the main game was just a map wipe. now its everything . 

I gave you an explanation why.

They want players to go from 0 again. Livonia received major changes. Central loot economy received changes too (affects both Livonia and Chernarus) - now more items spawn damaged (scopes, cleaning kits, ammo, mags... basically everything can spawn damaged).
Having geared players from the older patch with fully pristine everything would mess with the balance/first patch impressions.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Sad 1

Why do you play videogames? Entertainment right? You survived 5 months thats a incredible accomplishment even if your "death" Will not be your fault. 

Wipes NEED to happen on persistent games. Clutter, hoarded stashes,  duped items, too many bases etc. The list goes on forever baby.

second wipe for me 

2nd? Probably 100th for me (exaggeration)

At my age getting geared was not fun.  crawling into Stary, Tisy and nw airfield was not fun.

Not fun? Really, maybe a stress free game is more your thing. Minesweeper perhaps? 

For someone gaming since the 80s you have a hard time grasping the essence of what we are all trying to say to you. But its on ,probably literally, deaf ears. 

Shall we move on? No point continuing this discussion. 

Your quitting the 19th, we'll all be enjoying stable, everyone happy 😀 

• Sad 1

I guess you are the one not listening. I think the game is the best open world game out. I think player wipes are bad.  Wipe the map , leave the players alone. Let them keep what they EARNED. My goal was one year without dying. Im getting cut down my something that does NOT need to happen.  No it wasnt fun getting geared up and now Im finally there. Able to thrive and it is all taken from me.  Ill tell you all what, I played fallout 76 for almost 5 years. played 86 different characters to get one to level 300 without dying.  That game sucks compared to DAYZ. No consequences for being stupid. respawn with full gear etc. pvp rules stink out loud. but this character wipe stinks as well. Wipe the map . leave the characters alone. no bases, no crates etc.  Stress free game, good lord youre the deaf one. I DONT LIKE repeating the same thing over and over and that is the beginning, over and over every year and twice this year. What a joke. Have fun on the beach.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I gave you an explanation why.

They want players to go from 0 again. Livonia received major changes. Central loot economy received changes too (affects both Livonia and Chernarus) - now more items spawn damaged (scopes, cleaning kits, ammo, mags... basically everything can spawn damaged).
Having geared players from the older patch with fully pristine everything would mess with the balance/first patch impressions.o accept 

Yes so they make the loot mostly garbage and we all have to accept that. No thanks pal. have fun on the beach. Im out. Dayz needs to address this. Im not the only one who is pissed enough to walk out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I guess you are the one not listening. I think the game is the best open world game out. I think player wipes are bad.  Wipe the map , leave the players alone. Let them keep what they EARNED. My goal was one year without dying. Im getting cut down my something that does NOT need to happen.  No it wasnt fun getting geared up and now Im finally there. Able to thrive and it is all taken from me.  Ill tell you all what, I played fallout 76 for almost 5 years. played 86 different characters to get one to level 300 without dying.  That game sucks compared to DAYZ. No consequences for being stupid. respawn with full gear etc. pvp rules stink out loud. but this character wipe stinks as well. Wipe the map . leave the characters alone. no bases, no crates etc.  Stress free game, good lord youre the deaf one. I DONT LIKE repeating the same thing over and over and that is the beginning, over and over every year and twice this year. What a joke. Have fun on the beach.

Firstly, i laughed then i read through all of the comments.   Wipes happen for a few reasons, not just to clear bases, hoarding etc.    If you read the patch notes you would have seen that an entirely new vehicle system is being implemented with 1.19, and with that will be updated coding.   so, in order to make sure your dayz is compatible with what they are releasing a wipe will be needed -- get over it, as you've said you're a grown man.

Also as a community server, i wipe probably every 3 months, so players get used to building and having fun finding stuff - so 5 months isn't that bad, be proud and as said before, by getting all the stuff for your wife to use doesn't allow her to appreciate the game as it's supposed too be played - just saying 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2