Kyiara

1.19 Stable Release / Wipe News

17 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Well, you will be losing me as a customer and can refund my purchase price . This is twice now that I will have to build another character and frankly ? I,m sick of this B.S.  I was going to buy the game for my wife and had cached several items of clothing for her, spent 5 months getting geared and ready for her to join me. now there is no point in continuing or playing between now and the 18th as it will be all for nothing.   Im 64 years old and dont take kindly to getting ripped off. Until you figure out how to manage the extra cached loot and not have to wipe characters I'm out.  I ll be uninstalling this game if my characters are wiped. I feel like I wasted 5 months  building a set of characters , pure stupid. Ill monitor this thread then check my players on the 19th. If I  spawn in on the beach as a fresh spawn? I'll emote you all the finger and uninstall the game FOREVER,  Michael King  

PS.  I feel like I am being Punished for not dying, punished for thriving, slapped down for succeeding where others fail. This coming wipe? is the only thing wrong with Dayz. No other game I own does this to its members. 

u collected stuff for your wife in a game for 5 months when she doesnt even own it?

2 hours ago, etwas said:

u collected stuff for your wife in a game for 5 months when she doesnt even own it?

Just a suit of hunter clothes, a rifle and fishing pole. she was going to buy the game , join my server and join me at my fishing camp. She has also read these replies and frankly? she said find us something else to play. Player wipes do not need to happen. DayZ loses, me ,my wife, my two brothers, my cousin, three of my friends and a lot more as I have seen on other forums. 

15 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I gave you an explanation why.

They want players to go from 0 again. Livonia received major changes. Central loot economy received changes too (affects both Livonia and Chernarus) - now more items spawn damaged (scopes, cleaning kits, ammo, mags... basically everything can spawn damaged).
Having geared players from the older patch with fully pristine everything would mess with the balance/first patch impressions.o accept 

Yes so they make the loot mostly garbage and we all have to accept that. No thanks pal. have fun on the beach. Im out. Dayz needs to address this. Im not the only one who is pissed enough to walk out. 

• Beans 1

It’s hard to imagine that someone would quit because they lost all of their loot. It’s been so long since I’ve been a total noob, so I guess I forgot what it’s like. 

it’s been so long since I wasn’t able to appreciate that loot is worthless and memories/experience are much more important. 

Imagine how upset you’d have to be to yell at other forum users about losing your loot. How childish. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

5 hours ago, etwas said:

Just a suit of hunter clothes, a rifle and fishing pole. she was going to buy the game , join my server and join me at my fishing camp. She has also read these replies and frankly? she said find us something else to play. Player wipes do not need to happen. DayZ loses, me ,my wife, my two brothers, my cousin, three of my friends and a lot more as I have seen on other forums. 

18 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

I gave you an explanation why.

They want players to go from 0 again. Livonia received major changes. Central loot economy received changes too (affects both Livonia and Chernarus) - now more items spawn damaged (scopes, cleaning kits, ammo, mags... basically everything can spawn damaged).
Having geared players from the older patch with fully pristine everything would mess with the balance/first patch impressions.o accept 

Yes so they make the loot mostly garbage and we all have to accept that. No thanks pal. have fun on the beach. Im out. Dayz needs to address this. Im not the only one who is pissed enough to walk out. 

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

It’s hard to imagine that someone would quit because they lost all of their loot. It’s been so long since I’ve been a total noob, so I guess I forgot what it’s like. 

it’s been so long since I wasn’t able to appreciate that loot is worthless and memories/experience are much more important. 

Imagine how upset you’d have to be to yell at other forum users about losing your loot. How childish. 

Rodney Dangerfield said it best.  Proctology , now theres a job, you start at the bottom and you stay there. Dayz now theres a game. you start at the beach and you stay there. 

I think we have all been had. I dont think the company who developed this game ever finished it.  There is nothing but the beginning over and over. Had I known this prior to purchasing it I would not have bought it. Again, this is my opinion. As a vetran of 40 years of video games I think the only thing wrong with DAYZ is the fact that there is really no saved progress for characters who manage to survive. So there is no future in it for me. what you call childish I call getting my monies worth. You are all caught in an an endless time loop repeating it over and over again because they never finished the game. There is no long term plan for quality DAYZ Players. 

Edited by Kingfisher5564u
  • Like 2

@Kingfisher5564uFor someone quitting the game you sure do spend a lot of time talking about it. Dayz is not for you and that is OK. For the rest of us, we will stick around and start new adventures. 

Good luck to you. I hope you find something else as good as Dayz. ( Faults and all! there are things to complain about, but with every upgrade and wipe, it just gets better! 🙂 )

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

@Kingfisher5564uFor someone quitting the game you sure do spend a lot of time talking about it. Dayz is not for you and that is OK. For the rest of us, we will stick around and start new adventures. 

Good luck to you. I hope you find something else as good as Dayz. ( Faults and all! there are things to complain about, but with every upgrade and wipe, it just gets better! 🙂 )

The moderator of this forum asked for feedback. I'm giving it.  So here something to think about, the developers never expected anyone to outlast the updates. Their answer ? make it harder to play, make the loot spawn damaged, tie one hand behind your back.  I have said over and over in this thread That I love the game but hate the player wipes. There is no future to build in this game . Just the beginning over and over and over, caught in an endless time loop like Final fantasy one .  I was my hope others would join me in asking DAYZ to reconsider this player wipe and just wipe the map.  But the insults , being called childish and crying etc. for voicing my opinion? Make me think even more , why bother. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

The moderator of this forum asked for feedback. I'm giving it.  So here something to think about, the developers never expected anyone to outlast the updates. Their answer ? make it harder to play, make the loot spawn damaged, tie one hand behind your back.  I have said over and over in this thread That I love the game but hate the player wipes. There is no future to build in this game . Just the beginning over and over and over, caught in an endless time loop like Final fantasy one .  I was my hope others would join me in asking DAYZ to reconsider this player wipe and just wipe the map.  But the insults , being called childish and crying etc. for voicing my opinion? Make me think even more , why bother. 

Okay, last post. To the developers of DAYZ, a simple way to to solve this is to create a few advanced official servers that we can transfer to. Zero new player spawns. Only geared players can enter. If you die there you go back to the beach on a regular server.  No player wipes. I guarantee you that a lot of players would choose this option. Kingfisher 556   out.

• Confused 1

Wipes are a pain in the hole for sure and I've lost characters that have been months in the making. One guy was on the go for nearly six months and on the server I was on, there was a huge clan that had basically walled off the entirety of Cherno. I'd watch them from afar toiling away, occasionally taking one or two of them out. Imagine how they felt when the wipe happened. But these days, I just consider them the end game of DayZ. If I make it to a wipe then I've "won" the game. My character made it out alive (let's say he was rescued) and it's time for a new guy to try and survive til the next wipe.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

How the hell guys do you stay alive for 5 freaking months? I can get geared super easy, but surviving for so long...pffff no chance. I always play full servers (60 and up players).

• Haha 1

Well, the guy I had was mainly living in the wild and I stashed all my loot in wooden boxes on the ground in the very far North. I was on a Dutch server with a massive clan who were competing for resources with me. This was also back in the days when hoarded weapons stopped them from spawning. So I had to make do with lower tier stuff. I spent most of my time using a Winchester and a Deagle (when the Deagle was a one shot beauty, before the nerf!) Often I'd sit atop a hill and look over Cherno, watching this clan build their walls and stuff and I'd pick off a few. I'd sometimes try a little raid on their massive base too. I managed to steal a couple of AK's that way. I killed a few of them in their cars as well by haunting the road blocks. But I suppose that they just respawned and headed back to their base to tool up again.

The closest I came to getting killed was when I once logged in north of Cherno and heard several voices chatting. I was in some bushes and they didn't see me. But they've must have been searching for the guy who was knocking them off. That was really tense because it became a bit of a cat and mouse game until a fire fight broke out. I managed to get away with 4 bleeds, red flashing blood and health, and nearly all my clothing ruined. That was a long walk home. When I logged out I was shaking. 😅

• Like 1

Join my server, hosting in Ukraine so not stable internet connection and electrisity. 176.126.60.212:2302

Never wipe at all.

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by shuter165
  • Confused 2

I know exactly where kingfisher is coming from. Just recently, I was after taking a large amount of loot from someone who then moaned to the admins on a community server to get his base deleted before we could take anything after his guys shot one of ours. Now all of a sudden, we are having a fresh wipe which would make him get his wish. It's almost like we are all being punished for being surviving and being good at the game.

I think DayZ is becoming a waste of money and patience. The game needs to be developed in a way to prevent any update from requiring a wipe, or it will just discourage players. DayZ already has a significant problem with lag, desync and the hopium to fix, vehicles. The community feels ignored and lied to quite frequently about why things aren't allowed to happen and receiving 2 very different responses (especially in regard to modding on xbox) and none of the community's ideas are ever listened to. Instead, you're adding things nobody asked for like a broom torch and an eye patch???? Not saying these are bad additions but would be nice if community ideas and needs were prioritised. I think the first priorities with all hands-on deck, is fixing desync, lag and vehicles, before adding anything to the game. How on earth can you build on a broken game? Makes zero to little if any sense. 

Edited by Dragon117
Spelling correction
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dragon117 said:

I know exactly where kingfisher is coming from. Just recently, I was after taking a large amount of loot from someone who then moaned to the admins on a community server to get his base deleted before we could take anything after his guys shot one of ours. Now all of a sudden, we are having a fresh wipe which would make him get his wish. It's almost like we are all being punished for being surviving and being good at the game.

I take it all back.  We shouldn't wipe.  We wouldn't want this guy to get his revenge.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

22 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Often I'd sit atop a hill and look over Cherno, watching this clan build their walls and stuff and I'd pick off a few. I'd sometimes try a little raid on their massive base too. I managed to steal a couple of AK's that way. I killed a few of them in their cars as well by haunting the road blocks.

I knew you were an American.  Welcome home.

On 9/27/2022 at 2:04 PM, Kingfisher5564u said:

If total wipes are the norm? then Im out. They should advertise it. Be upfront with people who are interested.  And this isnt whining boy. This is a pissed off old man who doesnt like being taken for a ride.  It is a total waste of time , my time . They want feedback ? there it is.  I have played video games for over 40 years. This is the only game that that takes your success and erases it. Sorry if the truth hurts. 

AS a 41 year old, no idea why you "old men" think that means anything, who has been playing this game since it's near creation as a stand alone... get used to losing loot.... nothing is permanent in this... I've you've survived for a long time, awesome. Good job. But you'll die eventually and lose it all. This isn't odd that this happens and it's not because they're jerks, it's for your benefit. To make sure the servers run smoothly and as glitch free as possible. You should be thanking them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

Is this dudr serious or trolling? U are 65, and u didnt learned that nobody gives a f if u quit the game? U play for years and dont know the game wipes at least once a year and wants to live a full year with same character? U know how many ppl are working in dayz rn? Are u attached to your gear? Make your own server and dont wipe. Im ok with the wipe, i hate hoarders. Dont get attached to your gear, its the root of the game. Seriously if this is serious this dude is so funny lmfao the devs are adjusting some of the central loot economy, adding map places, and this dude is ranting about a full wipe. I would rather ask for restarts every 6 hours instead of every 4 hours. Devs, wipe everything, no problem. Daddy chill.

• Sad 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:59 PM, Kingfisher5564u said:

I guess you are the one not listening. I think the game is the best open world game out. I think player wipes are bad.  Wipe the map , leave the players alone. Let them keep what they EARNED. My goal was one year without dying. Im getting cut down my something that does NOT need to happen.  No it wasnt fun getting geared up and now Im finally there. Able to thrive and it is all taken from me.  Ill tell you all what, I played fallout 76 for almost 5 years. played 86 different characters to get one to level 300 without dying.  That game sucks compared to DAYZ. No consequences for being stupid. respawn with full gear etc. pvp rules stink out loud. but this character wipe stinks as well. Wipe the map . leave the characters alone. no bases, no crates etc.  Stress free game, good lord youre the deaf one. I DONT LIKE repeating the same thing over and over and that is the beginning, over and over every year and twice this year. What a joke. Have fun on the beach.

I'll try to be a bit more "nice" with my reply than the ones that you've already received.

I totally understand the frustration of having your character reset & losing all of your progress, but as some others have said, you should have really did some research on the game prior to purchasing the game, (not trying to be rude or anything) but with your experience in gaming as you so claimed, doing research on games prior to purchasing should be the first thing on your list. However that's besides the fact, going off what you've said, I personally think the best option for you would be 1 of 2 things. 1 find a community server on your platform that fits your needs, doesn't matter if you are PC, or console (Xbox / Playstation) there are community servers on both, OR 2 rent your own community server, which renting your own server, you would decide if & when there would be a full server wipe (characters + map) plus being able to make and enforce any rules you so desire, and a lot more benefits of renting your own server (p.s rentals are pretty cheap).

Also I'm not sure what platform you're on, but in regards of receiving a refund, I know Steam & Playstation, in order to receive a refund, you cannot have over 2 hours of gameplay time (in other words, you have had the game open / played the game for more than 120 minutes in total) (I'm sure Xbox's policy is the same as the other 2). And yes I know I know that may be a piss off but that policy is in place so people don't purchase games, beat the game & then requesting a refund....I personally have my own beef with that policy from when Just Survive's (previously H1Z1) servers got taken down by the developer/publishers, and Steam only allowing those with 2 hrs or less request a refund.....leaving players like me with like 125+ hours S.O.L

On 10/1/2022 at 3:51 AM, MephistoGaming-415e06d71c85bfe0 said:

I'll try to be a bit more "nice" with my reply than the ones that you've already received.

I totally understand the frustration of having your character reset & losing all of your progress, but as some others have said, you should have really did some research on the game prior to purchasing the game, (not trying to be rude or anything) but with your experience in gaming as you so claimed, doing research on games prior to purchasing should be the first thing on your list. However that's besides the fact, going off what you've said, I personally think the best option for you would be 1 of 2 things. 1 find a community server on your platform that fits your needs, doesn't matter if you are PC, or console (Xbox / Playstation) there are community servers on both, OR 2 rent your own community server, which renting your own server, you would decide if & when there would be a full server wipe (characters + map) plus being able to make and enforce any rules you so desire, and a lot more benefits of renting your own server (p.s rentals are pretty cheap).

Also I'm not sure what platform you're on, but in regards of receiving a refund, I know Steam & Playstation, in order to receive a refund, you cannot have over 2 hours of gameplay time (in other words, you have had the game open / played the game for more than 120 minutes in total) (I it came out. 'm sure Xbox's policy is the same as the other 2). And yes I know I know that may be a piss off but that policy is in place so people don't purchase games, beat the game & then requesting a refund....I personally have my own beef with that policy from when Just Survive's (previously H1Z1) servers got taken down by the developer/publishers, and Stoze to deatheam only allowing those with 2 hrs or less request a refund.....leaving players like me with like 125+ hours S.O.L

Well, I dont want my own server.  I want to play against other players. I love the game just not losing my characters.  No other game I have ever owned wipes peoples characters unless they die on game play. I do see that some games do this. Most games however have saved progress like fallout 76.  Now Im not saying Dayz should be like 76. That game is a joke and I have played it since it launched on xbox. even players who die dont get erased.  That is too easy.  I had to make my own rules and erase my characters when they get killed. The first year playing Dayz  I starved to death , froze to death, got sick and died, got gassed and died etc.etc. killed by geared players and loved it. Then I found a way, to survive, and even thrive. I was told the last wipe was to erase cheaters. I must have been given false information.  Now this is advertised as a survival , shooter game.  Survivalists store up food, weapons, medicine, clothing etc. I am a real life survivalist, Its not hording it is prepping, or stockpiling. Only stupid progressives think of this as hording. Its mine, I bought it, payed for it, own it. Its mine.   The other players are what make this game so fun. Hunting a toxic prick is a riot.  One of my friends finally got the entire gray gas zone suit only to find he will not even be able to use it at Pavlovo and Rify. and if he does he will lose the rifles anyway. So why even bother? Why take the time to build another character  or  another set of characters? No , this game needs a next level, a place where  good players go to duke it out.  To continue building , living, surviving.  I already played the beginning of this game . I have zero desire to play the beginning again. If some player was able to defeat me ? kill me , etc? That is the game and my own mistake . 

• Beans 1

Im ok with wipes if the vehicles are being fixed along with some other bug fixes. I prefer 4 to 5 updates per year and if it needs a wipe, so wipe. U have to understand central loot economy. No one would find vehicles or nvgs since all vehicles and nvgs are already being stored in some hoarders base.

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Kingfisher5564u said:

Well, I dont want my own server.  I want to play against other players. I love the game just not losing my characters.  No other game I have ever owned wipes peoples characters unless they die on game play. I do see that some games do this. Most games however have saved progress like fallout 76.  Now Im not saying Dayz should be like 76. That game is a joke and I have played it since it launched on xbox. even players who die dont get erased.  That is too easy.  I had to make my own rules and erase my characters when they get killed. The first year playing Dayz  I starved to death , froze to death, got sick and died, got gassed and died etc.etc. killed by geared players and loved it. Then I found a way, to survive, and even thrive. I was told the last wipe was to erase cheaters. I must have been given false information.  Now this is advertised as a survival , shooter game.  Survivalists store up food, weapons, medicine, clothing etc. I am a real life survivalist, Its not hording it is prepping, or stockpiling. Only stupid progressives think of this as hording. Its mine, I bought it, payed for it, own it. Its mine.   The other players are what make this game so fun. Hunting a toxic prick is a riot.  One of my friends finally got the entire gray gas zone suit only to find he will not even be able to use it at Pavlovo and Rify. and if he does he will lose the rifles anyway. So why even bother? Why take the time to build another character  or  another set of characters? No , this game needs a next level, a place where  good players go to duke it out.  To continue building , living, surviving.  I already played the beginning of this game . I have zero desire to play the beginning again. If some player was able to defeat me ? kill me , etc? That is the game and my own mistake . 

It's okay if you want to quit because it's too hard to find loot.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

It's okay if you want to quit because it's too hard to find loot. the point

Thats not the point. I already have the things I want. rifles, pistols ammo clothes.  I dont need easier loot, I just dont like reclaiming ground I already mastered. Why do it all again? makes no sense. I have not been killed. This is supposed to be a survival game , well? I survived. Dayz could learn a few things from other games that do preserve saved progress. I want to go on further, not return to the beginning over and over and over , and over. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Neptune Man said:

Im ok with wipes if the vehicles are being fixed along with some other bug fixes. I prefer 4 to 5 updates per year and if it needs a wipe, so wipe. U have to understand central loot economy. No one would find vehicles or nvgs since all vehicles and nvgs are already being stored in some hoarders base.

So , wipe the map. erase the caches, bases, etc. but leave the characters alone. simple .

• Like 1