Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.19 (Change Log)

One thing I would really like to see is the durability of certain objects increased, especially now that a huge amount of loot is essentially damaged junk. A "Worn" kitchen knife shouldn't be "Badly Damaged" after cutting just two T-Shirts into rags. In fact, why can't players not just rip items like T-Shirts into rags with their hands? Surely, that's a possible thing to do?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

1 minute ago, Tonyeh said:

One thing I would really like to see is the durability of certain objects increased, especially now that a huge amount of loot is essentially damaged junk. A "Worn" kitchen knife shouldn't be "Badly Damaged" after cutting just two T-Shirts into rags. In fact, why can't players not just rip items like T-Shirts into rags with their hands? Surely, that's a possible thing to do?

That's the situation where "DZR Rags by hands" by DZR|Mikhail is very helpfull, I almost never use knives to make rags anymore, need to save those blades as much as possible. Some of his mods are fitting so much for a survival oriented server, check it out. However the random damage status of items is one of the best news of this update for me, totally love it

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

I agree with both suggestions.

Edited by DefectiveWater

Rags used to be able to be torn by hands in an old old version. I don't remember the exact reasons it was removed, but i doubt it's still relevant. I think durability increase for certain items would be valuable, but i also think part of the issue is that every action seems to damage the tool equally. If possible giving different use rates depending on the action would make more sense. Cutting down a bush would dull and damage a knife faster then cutting up rags. To expand upon that idea different tools could have different use rates. A kitchen knife would be bad at cutting branches, but good at prepping animals and food. A machete would be better for utility but worse for finer tasks as it would not be as sharp. Rarer cutting tools (like a Kukri) would have multiple uses and therefor desirable, which would offset the cost of being larger.

I hate to be that "fix the cars" guy, but they still need looking at. Took a wheel off of an ADA to repair it and when I put it back on, the car skated away from me and only stopped when it got stuck on a tree, where it became stuck and wouldn't budge no matter what I did.

In fairness, I killed a guy and stole it from him...so, it's "karma" I guess. 😐

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Ragged and twitchy character movements.
Failed under the map 2 times during melee.
The character gets stuck and clings constantly in textures.

I spawned fresh near Kolembrody.  It was late afternoon.  I found some food and clothing off of zeds.  I waited out the night in a house.  It didn't rain, but I still caught a cold.  Managed to find an axe and a kitchen knife early.  Killed some chickens but couldn't pick them up.  Survived off of canned goods and chips, mostly.  I was glad that I didn't use up all of my bandages.  Found the new BK12.  Only got cut twice between Kolembrody and Grabin by infected.  Wandering around town, I got stuck on houses.  So, I went into rubber-band mode where you stay in the middle of the walkway and don't make sharp, fast movements around structures.  The rest of the experience was pretty good.  I think it's something people would get used to if they had to.

Made my way to Grabin, still with a bad cold.  Zombie awareness was about right.  Never got swarmed out of nowhere.  Zeds don't have superman hearing or sight, which is good.  I thought that they'd hear me sneezing but they didn't.   I think infected should be more attuned to detecting sneezing, tbh.  Waited out another night.  Went east of Grabin and killed a cow after giving up on chickens.  Travelled on to Sitnik, cooked up the cow and finally shook the cold I had.  Logged.  Not too bad.  Gonna travel south later and see if I can fix up a car.

• Beans 3

I think cars are spawning fully intact on Livonia, so you may not have to go through the usual rigmarole. Since last night I've found 2 ADA's, a Sarka and the new Humvee. The Hummer is great and it's and automatic too.

Oh good. Though I prefer a manual transmission, I’ll try out this automatic.  I guess I only prefer manual transmissions because I know that teenagers IRL will never be able to steal it. 

• Haha 2

My Hummer got nicked. Probably by some teenager. 🤬

But I'm in a truck now. 😊

Vehicles are handling very well so far. I think the devs have done a great job over all on that front.

Edited by Tonyeh
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got a VW up and running and it handled quite nicely apart from a few hiccups. I did experience a few small lag spikes and catch ups, but that could have just been me. I also had the old "jumpy wheel" bug. It's where one wheel or more looks like it's bouncing while driving. Performance didn't seem to be affected but it did give me some space anxiety at first. I attempted to switch the wheel around to fix it but didn't seem to help. Planning on taking it south with the boys later and seeing how it handles with others inside and getting feedback on the passenger experience. I also found another Survivors wrecked Humvee and saw that he took a corner too fast and hit a concrete block, so people are definitely still getting used to the brakes.

• Like 1

PC Experimental 1.19 Update 2 - Version 1.19.155316 (Released on 29.09.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash related to restraining players
  • The player would slide down hills when walking backwards on slopes/stairs
  • The player could get launched into the air while colliding with an object while swimming
  • Fixed several faulty character interactions with the environment
  • It was possible to cancel the rolling animation by entering iron sights
  • It was possible to access the inventory while still being restrained
  • The fireplace was not correctly created with a punched card as tinder
  • Punched cards could not become drenched
  • Locked underground doors can now be opened by force
  • Several items showed a false "ignite" widget when approached with the blowtorch
  • Igniting brooms with the blowtorch did not consume butane
  • The start knob of the M1025 would disappear after the engine was started
  • Crashing into objects with the M1025 at low speeds would still result in heavy damage to its components and the crew inside
  • Reduced damage to the engine by extreme RPMs

CHANGED

• Reduced the chance of SSG 82s spawning on infected
  • Tweaked the damage materials for the GPS receiver 
  • The 3rd person camera for M1025 has been moved further away from the vehicle

LIVONIA DLC

• Added new sounds to the underground section for water level changes
  • Added: New type of hangar (Prison) into Dambog ammunition storage
  • Added: All plate carrier variants are now in both Livonia and Chernarus CE setups (spawns were untouched)
  • AI could glitch through the underground entrance
  • Fixed several terrain and collision issues
  • Changed: Military and hunting spawn areas on Livonia (areaflags.map)
  • Tweaked: Removed all spawnpoints from the ground in Dambog ammunition storage
  • Tweaked: Reduced the number of military convoys, spawning on Livonia
  • Tweaked: Reduced the chance for punched card to appear in cargo of the special convoy infected
  • Tweaked: Reduced the chance of SSG82 magazines spawning in police infected cargo 

On 9/27/2022 at 6:15 PM, Parazight said:

Oh good. Though I prefer a manual transmission, I’ll try out this automatic.  I guess I only prefer manual transmissions because I know that teenagers IRL will never be able to steal it. 

But also, for every car in the game so far, except the humvee, that is the reality. So you can always call MT servers hardcore survival 😄 

• Like 1

There is one point missing further information.
"Crashing into objects with the M1025 at low speeds would still result..." into instand death?!

20 minutes ago, Salutesh said:

There is one point missing further information.
"Crashing into objects with the M1025 at low speeds would still result..." into instand death?!

A low speed (crawling while turning) crash into a rock destroyed my truck. My toon was fine, stuff in the truck was fine. I unloaded all my stuff. Truck de-spawned soon after that.

On 9/25/2022 at 9:43 PM, Jappe Hallunken said:

You can also find US helicopters and US military weapons. Did you ever played the game? 😉

Of course I have played this game, this is also my 2nd account ... and I have often complained about the bullshit that is made / added to this (unfortunately unfortunate) game with each patch. Now we are talking about 1.19, not the many bullshit, inconsistencies and absurdities unfortunately already present in the game. Almost every time I contest something, the "FanBoy chorus" always starts, praising these programmers at every bullshit ... (except in rare cases). Once I frequented more and even opened some tickets ... (with my 1st account) ... but given the direction of the game and the forum, I am less and less enthusiastic about contesting the bullshit of this game... anyway it is useless. There is a proverb from my country that says more or less this (I hope the Google translation is understandable) "There is no worse deaf than someone who does not want to hear". This applies perfectly to these programmers and many of you "FanBoy".
And the worst is that you "lauders regardless" reinforce in the programmers that what they do is fine. Then take this game as it is now, you have looked for it "FanBoy"... but probably you are just fine as it is... 🤢

Edited by Riddick_2K
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Of course I have played this game, this is also my 2nd account ... and I have often complained about the bullshit that is made / added to this (unfortunately unfortunate) game with each patch. Now we are talking about 1.19, not the many bullshit, inconsistencies and absurdities unfortunately already present in the game. Almost every time I contest something, the "FanBoy chorus" always starts, praising these programmers at every bullshit ... (except in rare cases). Once I frequented more and even opened some tickets ... (with my 1st account) ... but given the direction of the game and the forum, I am less and less enthusiastic about contesting the bullshit of this game... anyway it is useless. There is a proverb from my country that says more or less this (I hope the Google translation is understandable) "There is no worse deaf than someone who does not want to hear". This applies perfectly to these programmers and many of you "FanBoy".
And the worst is that you "lauders regardless" reinforce in the programmers that what they do is fine. Then take this game as it is now, you have looked for it "FanBoy"... but probably you are just fine as it is... 🤢

Tell me you've never read any of the Arma lore without telling me...

The problem is you are trying to apply real world logic to a game albeit even in real world you'd be wrong as if no Humvees are in middle east or Ukraine but nevermind that, start by reading Arma lore and lore of all factions in game of all flags in DayZ Livonia Defense Forces would be a good start, there is lore why western forces gear and equipment is in game as DayZ follows after the events of Arma, again real world logic does not apply in game or even in your flawed understanding of real world, probably every former USSR country has western weapons or Humvees even irl...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

arma 2 - dayz mod - dayz standalone
lorewise dayz standalone  is after the events of arma 2, so there is bound to be lots of US stuff
seriously i cant believe the BS you’re saying here for the last couple of years

as for the state of the game itself, i’ve been very critical to the devs in the last couple of years, but as for 2022 updates(and especially this one), i have to say i’ve been pleasantly surprised

Edited by TheSzepy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

This game lives rent free in your head! (Likely a lot of room to fill)

The dev team have done a great job, especially in the last year! Props to them for doing what they can with a limited team and resources. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Borderline troll post but there is something deeply weird about an individual who calls the game ‘unfortunate’ and ‘bullshit’ yet hangs around the forum making detailed posts about lore inconsistencies. Just go already.

Given the current popularity of the game (and obvious momentum around 1.19), you’re on a very, very small island in being unhappy with the direction of the game.

Also with the resources available, the team has performed admirably is allocating those resources to the game –just need to compare the current game to what we had 2yrs ago.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Drift13b88 said:

Tell me you've never read any of the Arma lore without telling me...

The problem is you are trying to apply real world logic to a game albeit even in real world you'd be wrong as if no Humvees are in middle east or Ukraine but nevermind that, start by reading Arma lore and lore of all factions in game of all flags in DayZ Livonia Defense Forces would be a good start, there is lore why western forces gear and equipment is in game as DayZ follows after the events of Arma, again real world logic does not apply in game or even in your flawed understanding of real world, probably every former USSR country has western weapons or Humvees even irl...

Chernarus is NOT Middle East or Ukraine ... And I don't even care about ArmA 2, as THIS game is "standalone". it's a game in its own right, do you know what this means? I judge THIS game, NOT ArmA2 or its mod.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Silent05 said:

This game lives rent free in your head! (Likely a lot of room to fill)

The dev team have done a great job, especially in the last year! Props to them for doing what they can with a limited team and resources. 

Did you subscribe now only for what I wrote? Are you real or are you "fake"? You are a shareholder of the B.I. ?

7 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

Chernarus is NOT Middle East or Ukraine ... And I don't even care about ArmA 2, as THIS game is "standalone". it's a game in its own right, do you know what this means? I judge THIS game, NOT ArmA2 or its mod.

All the flags in DayZ canonize Arma events into lore of DayZ lol...

Besides Czech Republic loosely based on where Livonia and Chernarus would be use Humvees too, here's link with map of all countries that use Humvees and list of all countries xD 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humvee

Edit: Your rebuttal of "Standalone" has no merit as that's only referring to game is standalone product and no longer just a mod of Arma 2

Edited by Drift13b88
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Drift13b88 said:

All the flags in DayZ canonize Arma events into lore of DayZ lol...

Besides Czech Republic loosely based on where Livonia and Chernarus would be use Humvees too, here's link with map of all countries that use Humvees and list of all countries xD 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humvee

there is literally none post-soviet country which isn’t using some western/us stuff

Edited by TheSzepy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TheSzepy said:

there is literally none post-soviet country which isn’t using some western/us stuff

Exactly his argument silly lol 

• Haha 1