ZinMas 101

Sooo... new version huh

After months of "hard work"....... they released new weapon (easy stuff for em and adding new weapons always work to make the community happier u know) andd........... an alarm clock. WTF.

Im out, this devs have lost the North I think. Wtf, months of working.... for a freaking clock alarm... for what? We didnt even have clocks

What a joke 😂

• Beans 1

My boy it's not even February yet 😭 Give them more time. We might have a functional game in a decade or so 😄

Edited by BBow
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Im out

😂

This ain't an airport my boy, nobody cares about your departure 🛫

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BBow said:

This ain't an airport my boy, nobody cares about your departure 🛫

Not about one person, but if devs keep ignoring requests for more content that isn't guns, or even to bring back some of the deleted content he won't be the only one. And DayZ has a lot of negative reviews from people who have a lot of hours in the game, which will put of potential new buyers. If I was thinking about buying it and saw a review from someone who had this game from early access in 2013 saying that the game has been all but abandoned by devs who won't even fix car physics and want me to pay £34 for it and it being "officially released" while realistically it's late beta and that's being generous I probably spend my money on something else. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Not about one person, but if devs keep ignoring requests for more content that isn't guns, or even to bring back some of the deleted content he won't be the only one. And DayZ has a lot of negative reviews from people who have a lot of hours in the game, which will put of potential new buyers. If I was thinking about buying it and saw a review from someone who had this game from early access in 2013 saying that the game has been all but abandoned by devs who won't even fix car physics and want me to pay £34 for it and it being "officially released" while realistically it's late beta and that's being generous I probably spend my money on something else. 

I agree with this 100%, I'm just tryna stir the pot a lil 😂 A mf can dream for a functioning car on console 🥲 At this point I feel like alot of people would look the other direction when trying to buy this game. I made a similar point that you made on the DayZ Subreddit and I just got linked to a player statistics that showed 20k more people play then they did 6 months ago and got banned 😂😂 Edit: Plz don't ban me here DayZ daddy

Edited by BBow
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ellie Jean said:

An alarm clock? ...You mean I can not only have a clock that tells the time of day in server...but ALSO have a travel-sized-noise-making-distraction-device to lure unsuspecting zombies and bandits? ...Please tell me the alarm clock is available on console. 😈

So after months of work you conform with an alarm clock. By the way you could already know what time is it by watching the sun right? For what we want to know the hour? Excuse me for being rude

Yeah maybe you can lure some people and zombies, but we had more ways before to do that.... flares, smoke... so my real question is... is worth an alarm clock after months of work?

I want a grandfather clock for my base.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BBow said:

I want a grandfather clock for my base.

Talking about bases, I though maybe the alarm clock should be good against people in bases you know? Like you set the alarm in his door so they will be freaked out by the ring ring. Psycologic war 😂 My bad English

I think it will be its most useful

Edited by ZinMas 101
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Talking about bases, I though maybe the alarm clock should be good against people in bases you know? Like you set the alarm in his door so they will be freaked out by the ring ring 😂 My bad English

I think it will be its most useful

I rather just chuck a grenade over the wall 😭

• Haha 1

Alarm clock might actually be a fun addition to the game, put the battery in, set the alarm and hid it under the bed in barracks to give someone looting them a mini heart attack. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Alarm clock might actually be a fun addition to the game, put the battery in, set the alarm and hid it under the bed in barracks to give someone looting them a mini heart attack. 

Then you gotta synchronize the clock just by guessing when people is gonna get into the barracks place. Like... the timing would be impossible unless you have wallh*cks or something.

I think you can do that with the radio better than with the alarm clock 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ellie Jean said:

...I'm a highly-trained former wildland firefighter, and structural firefighter during the winter months. ...My survival skills and counter-terrorism training translate fairly well hehehe. 🤭

No way. You have to be at least 13 years old to receive training in any of those fields. 

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

35 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

Then you gotta synchronize the clock just by guessing when people is gonna get into the barracks place. Like... the timing would be impossible unless you have wallh*cks or something.

I think you can do that with the radio better than with the alarm clock 

Sure it will be a hit and a miss, but if the battery lasts long enough and it's a high pop server sooner or later it will work. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Sure it will be a hit and a miss, but if the battery lasts long enough and it's a high pop server sooner or later it will work. 

I honestly think the greatest use of the alarm clock, will be against the people in bases. It will force players to leave the base, or mute the sound of the game, making them invulnerable to a raid.

All the videos in youtube right now say the same: "you can bait* zombies and players with it" but then isnt even luring zombies that good. Tested.

You are welcome Youtube. 😂

Edited by ZinMas 101
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, ZinMas 101 said:

I honestly think the greatest use of the alarm clock, will be against the people in bases. It will force players to leave the base, or mute the sound of the game, making them invulnerable to a raid.

All the videos in youtube right now say the same: "you can bait* zombies and players with it" but then isnt even luring zombies that good. Tested.

You are welcome Youtube. 😂

That is a good shout, on the private server some guys built a base like a castle, me and two of my mates have 3 M4 with NVG scopes, plus 2 VSS with NVG scopes and about 30 grenades between us, we're going to raid in at some point. Might use the alarm to check if anyone is home. 

Pls just read the rlease notes:

We’re happy to announce that the experimental build of Game Update 1.16 is live on Steam. Come join and see what's new among the brand new Bizon SMG along with unique Magazine!
The primary focus of this update is to provide more stability and foundations for upcoming future updates.

And keep in mind, the game was released 3 years ago and we still get patches and support. So pls stop your pointless rant.

Edited by Jappe Hallunken
addition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

Pls just read the rlease notes:

And keep in mind, the game was released 3 years ago and we still get patches and support. So pls stop your pointless rant.

This game has been released for public testing via early access nearly a decade ago. Some problems that existed back then are still in the game. Those rants are not without merit. And sure it's nice to see that work is still done, but at that rate it will be my kids (who are not even close to being conceived yet) will get to enjoy working cars as grown adults themselves while saying I wish dad was here to see this. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, General Zod said:

This game has been released for public testing via early access nearly a decade ago. Some problems that existed back then are still in the game. Those rants are not without merit. And sure it's nice to see that work is still done, but at that rate it will be my kids (who are not even close to being conceived yet) will get to enjoy working cars as grown adults themselves while saying I wish dad was here to see this. 

Critisising past mistakes is one thing, throwing a toddler fit over lack of content in an update that was and is announced to not at all be about content is pretty damn pointless. The gun is a freebie, the clock is probably meant as an item that modders can use to make timed effects with. Wouldn't surprise me if it will get some uses in vanilla too. Something that annoys me with it now is that it does not aggro zombies, which truly does make it pointless. I hope that is a bug.

Edited by Derleth

32 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Critisising past mistakes is one thing, throwing a toddler fit over lack of content in an update that was and is announced to not at all be about content is pretty damn pointless. The gun is a freebie, the clock is probably meant as an item that modders can use to make timed effects with. Wouldn't surprise me if it will get some uses in vanilla too. Something that annoys me with it now is that it does not aggro zombies, which truly does make it pointless. I hope that is a bug.

But instead of the gun, we could use some other freebie, guns are the last thing we need more of. 

11 hours ago, General Zod said:

But instead of the gun, we could use some other freebie, guns are the last thing we need more of. 

Agreed, but the point of this particular gun is new animations, it uses a helical magazine which no previous weapon has. That makes it interesting (also it's a 380 peashooter, we've had too few of those) and something for modders to build things from.

I would prefer that they finished off some of the stuff that lies in the code and only needs a few minor config tweaks to be fully into the game. Remaining leathercrafting recipes, old melee weapons, that kinda thing. And of course the improvised bow and arrows...

And I want my damn longhorn..

• Like 1

On 1/28/2022 at 10:42 AM, General Zod said:

You've been playing since 2014 (as have I). I assume this isn't your first rodeo with broken promises for this game. I suspect you'll stick around like the rest of us. Because despite this crap, we keep on playing bc there is no other game like this. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, boggle said:

You've been playing since 2014 (as have I). I assume this isn't your first rodeo with broken promises for this game. I suspect you'll stick around like the rest of us. Because despite this crap, we keep on playing bc there is no other game like this. 

I'm not saying DayZ isn't fun to play. But someone here posted a graph that showed that this game has as of now maybe a 1000 players more than it did during alpha days and that means a lot of people left and never came back. I paid 19.99 for it, and I sure got my money worth. I'm not sure if I felt the same way if I bought it for the full amount it's sold for now. 

• Beans 1

On 1/28/2022 at 7:17 PM, General Zod said:

No battery required. Wobo did a good video on it. Personally I'd have preferred a wrist watch to save inventory space, but I'll settle for an alarm clock. Apparently it synchronises to the individual server settings too. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

No battery required. Wobo did a good video on it. Personally I'd have preferred a wrist watch to save inventory space, but I'll settle for an alarm clock. Apparently it synchronises to the individual server settings too. 

Do you know if it's been added to the PS4 version as well? 🤔