Kyiara

Stable Update 1.15

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Good spot. No, Linux is not on stable yet. Adjusted the changelog.

Too bad. Been waiting for this.

My experimental server on Linux works like a charm btw.

After reading a few negative comments about the developers, some of them even toxic... I think it is not fair at all. It's been a fantastic year for DayZ, and that is thanks to their hard work. This isn't the best update of the year, of course, but it's been followed shortly after the biggest and still has good details that improve various aspects of the game.

Although there is one thing that I agree with some; the hit indicator should be completely removed from the game, not even have a toggle setting in the server configuration because from my point of view this game isn't the place for that kind of stuff.

Despite that, congratulations and keep it going. Thank you.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Will we get  all of the settings in the cfggameplay?  As far as the stamina drain while swimming and while sliding down ladders?

Thanks for giving us the option for the stamina settings and the hit indicators.  It is much appreciated

Edited by dogdays

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

Uhmm, yeah no.

I dont know what the big deal is with hit indicators... They arent accurate as they have stated. If you get shot you are going to have some sort of idea where it came from. The people crying about the hit indicators are likely playing third person and their opinions are worthless. Get rid of 3rd person... then lets discus the hit indicators...

Hit indicators are being hated on by the toxic scumbags that populate Dayz. 

Anyone that disagrees with anything above is likely not worth the time it would take to reply to you so stfu idc cry some more.

All I really care about is getting pens(so i can leave notes/walkies suck and Im against people using 3rd party chat services. Yeah Im talking to you.) back and cars fixed(so the cars don't turn into Chain chomps and try to kill me). Anything they they do at this point is meaningless to me as I don't really take the game too seriously at this point.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'd like an answer to the sudden inclusion of the hit indicator. It had to be the most controversial feature ever added with many, many players NOT wanting it and the messaging was that it would not be enabled. Now its going to be on every. single. server.  Yes, the releases this year have been great, but you just gave yourself a blackeye right at the end of the year. please, turn it off.

[edit - fixed to say "would not be ENABLED"]

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
  • Like 1

Are You joking?!? Still no Vehicle fixes or Overhaul for the Vehicle Glitches that have plagued DayZ for years... Just another sign that Bohemia Interactive doesn't pay any attention to their Customers. The neglect of certain issues in the game is why I am Playing Scum and not DayZ currently. At Least the Vehicles work on Scum. Though it could use way more content. Anyways, if you guys fix the damn Vehicles I'll come back to DayZ....

• Like 3

Exactly, the people complaining about UI indicators are idiots and cowards. If i hit you in the back with a baseball bat your going to know you got hit in the back, right? Its called pain from the injury. Its called more realistic. These people have apparently never been in combat in their lives if they think you can't tell if you got shot in the back or the chest, thats more fair. Yall can F all the way off with that Idiocy....

Edited by James Robert Black
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, James Robert Black said:

Exactly the people complaining about UI indicators are idiots and cowards. If i hit you in the back with a baseball bat your going to know you got hit in the back right? Its called pain from the injury. Its called more realistic. These people have apparently never been in combat in their lives if they think you cant tell if you got shot in the back or the chest thats more fair. Yall can F all the way off with that Idiocy....

Basically... Just my honest opinion. I feel hit indicators are at most going to give me that "I guess the guy that killed me might have been in that direction." moments more than moments when I'll actually have time to react and actually figure out where the guy is. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Bower said:

I dont know what the big deal is with hit indicators... They arent accurate as they have stated. If you get shot you are going to have some sort of idea where it came from. The people crying about the hit indicators are likely playing third person and their opinions are worthless. Get rid of 3rd person... then lets discus the hit indicators...

Anyone that disagrees with anything above is likely not worth the time it would take to reply to you so stfu idc cry some more.

All I really care about is getting pens(so i can leave notes/walkies suck and Im against people using 3rd party chat services. Yeah Im talking to you.) back and cars fixed(so the cars don't turn into Chain chomps and try to kill me). Anything they they do at this point is meaningless to me as I don't really take the game too seriously at this point.

wow

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guys... chill...
No need to throw insults around or be toxic to other members of the community OR devs. It's a game that we all love and care about. Be civilized.

I just wished there was a visual change to the indicators... I think most of the people would be for it if it just showed general direction (front, back, left, right) instead of what we have right now.
I think devs should reconsider the current implementation of the hit indicators (not remove it, but rework it), which is obvious from all of the complaints from people.

Edit: apparently there are 3 different types of indicators. I didn't know about it, my comment about visual changes should be ignored, but I still think it should show only a general direction.

T4ybw6X9AS1AKAGFvfSW.jpg

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, AgonyTTV said:
Get a better project lead that actually understands the core values of the game, please. 

This really pisses me off. Calling for one of the most respected members of the DayZ community to, essentially, lose their job? Over bloody hit detectors. I think you need to perhaps go outside and get some fresh air. 

Especially laughable coming from a small-fry Youtuber. Still, at least I know not to waste my time watching one of your videos in the future,

Most of you responding are so damn miserable, too. Do any of you actually have a life outside of DayZ? The team have had a fantastic year, given the resources available. Criticism is fine. Essential, even. But some of you are just so damn negative.

Can we please get more constructive criticism, without the bad attitude and disrespect. It’s a game, guys. A game that many of you have hundreds of hours in. A bit of perspective wouldn’t go amiss,

• Beans 1

55 minutes ago, Pugman-c87f83c93bf38520 said:

This really pisses me off. Calling for one of the most respected members of the DayZ community to, essentially, lose their job? Over bloody hit detectors. I think you need to perhaps go outside and get some fresh air. 

Especially laughable coming from a small-fry Youtuber. Still, at least I know not to waste my time watching one of your videos in the future,

Most of you responding are so damn miserable, too. Do any of you actually have a life outside of DayZ? The team have had a fantastic year, given the resources available. Criticism is fine. Essential, even. But some of you are just so damn negative.

Can we please get more constructive criticism, without the bad attitude and disrespect. It’s a game, guys. A game that many of you have hundreds of hours in. A bit of perspective wouldn’t go amiss,

My content has nothing to do with this conversation.  Nor does anyone being a youtuber, big or small have any weight on their criticism towards a game that they have thousands upon thousands of hours on. But your snide comments just show who here is the one who has a bad attitude and is disrespectful. I wouldn't want you watching my videos or streams anyway.

And no, it's not over just hit detectors. It's over the ENTIRE direction the game has taken since they've become project lead. 
We gave them criticism. The majority criticism as that we do not want it in the game. 
Majority criticism from the community was that we wanted gun sounds reverted to how they were in 1.12. 
They do not listen to criticism very well at all, and that's evident by the amount of things added into 1.13 + 1.15 as a whole that essentially NO ONE asked for, among other various things that we've requested/asked for years being ignored.

I think perhaps you need to understand that a lot of the community is completely fed up with the direction this game has taken this year. 

Edited by AgonyTTV
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, AgonyTTV said:

My content has nothing to do with this conversation.  Nor does anyone being a youtuber, big or small have any weight on their criticism towards a game that they have thousands upon thousands of hours on. But your snide comments just show who here is the one who has a bad attitude and is disrespectful. I wouldn't want you watching my videos or streams anyway.

And no, it's not over just hit detectors. It's over the ENTIRE direction the game has taken since they've become project lead. 
We gave them criticism. The majority criticism as that we do not want it in the game. 
Majority criticism from the community was that we wanted gun sounds reverted to how they were in 1.12. 
They do not listen to criticism very well at all, and that's evident by the amount of things added into 1.13 + 1.15 as a whole that essentially NO ONE asked for.  

I think perhaps you need to understand that a lot of the community is completely fed up with the direction this game has taken this year. 

How was the "majority" determined?

I do not think the direction of the game has changed one bit. At it's core it's still an excellent survival game with persistence. Has that changed?

Great job dev's. And great job to all the modder's. KubeloLive's Banov map is golden!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ScipioII said:

How was the "majority" determined?

I do not think the direction of the game has changed one bit. At it's core it's still an excellent survival game with persistence. Has that changed?

Great job dev's. And great job to all the modder's. KubeloLive's Banov map is golden!! 

The overwhelming response to them in this thread alone shows that even most people on the forums do not like their inclusion.  Wobo, M1NDR and myself all ran polls about whether it was wanted in game or not, and with a collective 18,000 votes or so, over 70% across all polls said that it should not be in the game at all. Streamers have been asking opinions on them since their addition in EXP, the majority of their chats do NOT want it in the game.  Same goes for twitter. 
The majority of the community that have voiced their opinions on this are not fond of the feature at all. 

We just had a hastily done rework to the damage/armour system in 1.13 that was wildly broken when it initially released, as well as the sounds of gunshots reduced heavily at that point.  The changes to the zeds at that point were a big deal as well (their range, not the damage they do).  The sounds being reduced have drastically reduced the amount of life that a full 80-100 pop server has. People are having less encounters simply for the fact that they are hearing less gunshots to either run to or run from. 
Now with 1.15 we have wildly reduced recoil on automatic rifles across the board, when recoil wasn't a problem to begin with (should have been increased to be more close to previous patches imo), and directional hit indicators.  
Hit indicators being added to the game take away a big draw that this game had to a lot of people when they initially found out about it... Which was that it had NOTHING like that.  As over used as the term "arcadey" is, this patch is pretty arcadey. 

Edited by AgonyTTV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, AgonyTTV said:

By far the most disappointing and pointless update we've had in a whilst.  It's like the dev team doesn't even listen to feedback anymore. 
Both I and Wobo ran polls about the hit indicators.  The overwhelming majority of players flatout think that they do NOT belong in the game WHATSOEVER.  

Get a better project lead that actually understands the core values of the game, please. 
Had to create an account JUST to express how much of a mistake this update is. Likely is my last patch. 

I think every survivor and developer on this thread just filled their PET Bottle with your tears. Throughout DayZ's Lifetime this community has gone through with many grievances with the developers. From the state of 1.0 release, the way features are initially implemented to the complete lack of them entirely.

But to bash the project lead, accusing him of being out of touch with the core values of the game over your Strawpoll/Youtube Polls being ignored is extremely ignorant. I hope you enjoyed your day crying on this forum over something that can be modified/completely removed by any competent server owner. Sumrak has this game on his back lad

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

many people here miss completly the point, if they like this hit indicators or not.

i quote adam in his 1.15 exp review: "While we’re pretty excited to bring this into the game, we’re going to need more time to develop it. Therefore, it’ll be included in a later game update."

they asked for feedback and they got massive (negative) replies to it. people were raging in the steam forums for example and i was one of those "defending" the devs ("they are just testing it for now, it won't come to 1.15 stable, relax. give them time to figure it out"). yea i feel quite dumb now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Matthew Bower said:

You don't know what's the big deal about hit indicators because you haven't played as much as I have and you weren't part of DayZ community (and forums), again, as much as I have. Had you not threw meaningless insults I'd write you a proper reply, but I got better things in my life to do.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

20 minutes ago, AgonyTTV said:

The overwhelming response to them in this thread alone shows that even most people on the forums do not like their inclusion.  Wobo, M1NDR and myself all ran polls about whether it was wanted in game or not, and with a collective 18,000 votes or so, over 70% across all polls said that it should not be in the game at all. Streamers have been asking opinions on them since their addition in EXP, the majority of their chats do NOT want it in the game.  Same goes for twitter. 
The majority of the community that have voiced their opinions on this are not fond of the feature at all. . 

Twitch viewers don’t actually represent the majority of players. Neither do forum users. They are usually made up of a small fraction of ‘hardcore’ DayZ players.

Even so, streamer polls are pretty meaningless, since most viewers will obviously side with the views of the streamer.

Believe it or not, I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying. But the way in which you are expressing your opinion is disgusting.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Pugman-c87f83c93bf38520 said:

Twitch viewers don’t actually represent the majority of players. Neither do forum users. They are usually made up of a small fraction of ‘hardcore’ DayZ players.

Even so, streamer polls are pretty meaningless, since most viewers will obviously side with the views of the streamer.

Believe it or not, I actually agree with a lot of what you are saying. But the way in which you are expressing your opinion is disgusting.

Oh well. I'm not here to please you, especially with how much you threw your ego around in that first reply to me.  I gave solid statistics where the community was asked directly, and you're still trying to discredit it.  
As I've said in previous replies/posts, "The majority of the community that have voiced their opinions on this are not fond of the feature at all." - I didn't say that this represented the ENTIRE community - but it seemingly does represent the majority that has VOICED their opinion on it.  

I said what I said and I stand by it, I would love to see DayZ give another developer a chance as project lead. 
If you find that as "disgusting", you need to toughen up.  

Edited by AgonyTTV

1 hour ago, O_P said:

I think every survivor and developer on this thread just filled their PET Bottle with your tears. Throughout DayZ's Lifetime this community has gone through with many grievances with the developers. From the state of 1.0 release, the way features are initially implemented to the complete lack of them entirely.

But to bash the project lead, accusing him of being out of touch with the core values of the game over your Strawpoll/Youtube Polls being ignored is extremely ignorant. I hope you enjoyed your day crying on this forum over something that can be modified/completely removed by any competent server owner. Sumrak has this game on his back lad

You've missed the point where Sumrak said that this was going to be up to the community and how they responded to the feature, whether or not the feature makes it into stable. 

Those 18,000+ people that voted in the multiple polls from people in the community as whole, over 12,600 said they didn't want it. Majority of DIRECT replies to Sumrak where he said it was up to how it was received, said they didn't want it in the game. The fact that you're ignoring polls on this topic with 18 THOUSAND people voting on it (75% of DayZ's average playercount) kind of just shows that you're missing the point, and just want to argue because I don't admire the project lead like you do. 
A good majority of the community voiced that they did not want this feature in game - and it still has been pushed through stable. Yes, he is indeed out of touch with the game and it's community when he is blatantly ignoring something that he himself said he would listen to.  
If you're gonna try and debate, don't try to rely on strawman arguments the whole time, "lad". 

Also, not everyone plays on community servers, so yeah, get out of here with the server owner argument. It's a bad hill to die on, "lad".

Edited by AgonyTTV
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it me or from what i understood from the patch notes you last longer wihtout food and you lose less health when it flashes red?

2 minutes ago, kumando said:

Is it me or from what i understood from the patch notes you last longer wihtout food and you lose less health when it flashes red?

Not sure, but you lose health slower.
You also spawn with yellow health and hydration. I wonder if this affects the immune system?

They might have adjusted the starvation threshold tho... not sure. What I hope they did is make you starve sooner, but die later.

Edited by DefectiveWater

hi, I wanna say great work on the constant updates and passion, but i cant. I exclusively game on linux and yeah, bought the game not knowing it doesnt run on my os but knowing that someday it would (the steamdeck related news) sooooo, when will you let me say it? because I really want to.

love ya bye

• Beans 2