Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.14

Having not yet logged on today, has there been a wipe for both characters and servers? Haven’t found any concrete information to confirm or deny the plans to wipe with every quarterly update. I’d be (& probably others) grateful if you could make it more known if there’s going to be a reset 😇

unfortunately our private server is unplayable. Freezes every few minutes after update. Missing loot after every freeze etc.

Please tell me you guys are enabling Battleye with Proton. I'm so tired of having to play on system, and my window OS just refuses to work, not to mention I don't enjoy the bloatware that is Windows. 

Any information regarding BI's plans to enable batteleye + Proton support for Dayz? 

I've read that now that battleye supports proton, game devs have to enable the new setting (or something to that effect). This would allow Linux gamers to play Dayz 

Console if I stand still for more then 30secs in a first person server I get flies around me. Is this a bug or something the devs have resently introduced

54 minutes ago, Blades56 said:

Console if I stand still for more then 30secs in a first person server I get flies around me. Is this a bug or something the devs have resently introduced

look closely at the player lol in this event you are a zombie and the flies will come and go periodically.

I get the same thing with flies on a PC - my character is good and healthy but I have bloodshot eyes and skin discolouration and bruising like I'm almost a zombie myself

Yes I'm a partial zombie. What with this.  How does that work. Can you cure the character 

Devs... I can appreciate the theme of Halloween... but forcing the flies on our characters once stationary for a very short period of time "in my opinion" is a little over the top. I think we can do without that. I appreciate the effort you guys/girls go to and I hate being negative... but I feel this kind of time put into these special events would be better spent put towards the base game. 🧡

• Like 1

Could be worse..... You could be me...running a Community Server.....and having your Game Versions totally screwed up because of these pointless and infantile little theme updates.

I swear the Dev Team are 16 year-old, part-time volunteers!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, philbur said:

Could be worse..... You could be me...running a Community Server.....and having your Game Versions totally screwed up because of these pointless and infantile little theme updates.

A lot of us are running community server's, and have been doing so since 0.63 when server files were released.

Haven't had any issues myself with these "theme updates" it must be the way you have your server setup. You mod a server, except the extra work you create for yourself.

12 hours ago, philbur said:

I swear the Dev Team are 16 year-old, part-time volunteers!

I don't share your view of the Dev team... I think they do a great job for the most part, Nobody's Perfect.

8 hours ago, i kill people said:

i like it, adds something different having fun keep it up👻

I like it as well… it's just that IMO I could do without the Flies, if you play for a period of time it gets a little on the annoying side.

I hope they keep the head torches on some of the military Z's once the theme is over. A lot of us have been doing that on our private servers for a long time now. Definitely adds a nice touch to the night-time environment which can be quite dull. 🧡

• Like 1