Kyiara

1.14 Experimental Release

1 hour ago, arlingtine said:

The moderators have several times stated not to post exploits on the forum.  The reason is the same reason I posted as to why u shouldnt.  And scrub.... I dont even know what to say.  No one has used that as an insult since the 90s and it wouldnt have insulted me then either.  Either way the posting of exploits has been reported for both posts.  Eat a bag of dicks..... and have a nice day.

He's right though. Everybody is duping and cheating in this game lol. You get shot by a cheater every 2nd day there's no point even playing on official server. They are doing nothing against cheaters. This new content means nothing

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alcatraz2021 said:

Better fix this or alot of people will leave again. This is a dupe glitch on 1.13 

i can't believe this is still a thing. I have been posting about this for months. 

22 minutes ago, lobart78 said:

He's right though. Everybody is duping and cheating in this game lol. You get shot by a cheater every 2nd day there's no point even playing on official server. They are doing nothing against cheaters. This new content means nothing

Not saying they shouldnt do anything about it.  He is right to let them know about it, but post it on the bug tracker if its still a thing or send it as a message instead of a post, that or dont post a link to the vid and refer to the bug vaguely.  The idea is that telling people that dont already know how to cheat may influence more people to do it

17 hours ago, lobart78 said:

He cheats, Nobody gets that mad over it

17 hours ago, thepoey said:

i can't believe this is still a thing. I have been posting about this for months. 

We both been posting about the cheating. It's isn't working because they dont care

17 hours ago, lobart78 said:

60FPS is a slight advantage, It should be fun watching them lag across the map

On 9/9/2021 at 4:49 PM, arlingtine said:

Not saying they shouldnt do anything about it.  He is right to let them know about it, but post it on the bug tracker if its still a thing or send it as a message instead of a post, that or dont post a link to the vid and refer to the bug vaguely.  The idea is that telling people that dont already know how to cheat may influence more people to do it

I'd argue that exposing the problem like this potentially creates more urgency, making it more likely to be addressed. In a game with permadeath and a limited loot economy, exploits like this completely ruin the integrity of the game. 

edit: especially if the problem is just handwaved as something that "doesn't happen that often". 

Edited by thepoey
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, thepoey said:

In a game with permadeath and a limited loot economy, exploits like this completely ruin the integrity of the game. 

Integrity?  Hackers are everywhere, in every game.  Console players can make unlimited accounts and many storage options exist. So, permadeath is also trivial.  Cars fly and base building has many problems.  I'm thinking that another duplication method found, on a forum that barely anyone reads, is not going to ruin the game.

• Thanks 1

Been playing the experimental for 1.14 on Xbox for awhile now since it went out. and possibly one of the best experimentals I’ve experienced. Compared to the m16 experimental. Game is just more immersive and the artillery and helicopter crash sounds are just top notch. The gas makes the game more unpredictable. Although one complaint is not finding the antidote. I have traversed chernarus all through tisy down to coast and have not found it. I died to the toxic zone and tried to find the antidote but just couldn’t. Maybe make it a bit more common? I also have already had an experience with the tripwire and I somehow avoided the grenade through fast reaction. I have been encountering many people with gunfights and also in gamechat. This update it going to be awesome

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steam-76561198354417046 said:

Very nice update!!!!!!!!!! The only thing missing in dayz is high-quality zombie/character animations and atmospheric nights. I am sure that if this is fixed, the game will become more popular.

There were atmospheric nights when a torch or a lantern was needed to move at night, but they made a bright evening out of them and added something to the game that was simply superfluous in this game, this is a PNV

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riki68 said:

There were atmospheric nights when a torch or a lantern was needed to move at night, but they made a bright evening out of them and added something to the game that was simply superfluous in this game, this is a PNV

Yes, there used to be atmospheric nights. Everything was visible

9 hours ago, steam-76561198354417046 said:

Very nice update!!!!!!!!!! The only thing missing in dayz is high-quality zombie/character animations and atmospheric nights. I am sure that if this is fixed, the game will become more popular.

They can't stop the cheaters. It's never going to be popular until all the duping stops

2 hours ago, Alcatraz2021 said:

They can't stop the cheaters. It's never going to be popular until all the duping stops

Everyone is talking about dupers, but to be honest I've never seen anyone that is suspicious of being a duper on PC servers...

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

Everyone is talking about dupers, but to be honest I've never seen anyone that is suspicious of being a duper on PC servers...

It's more of a console problem

On 9/10/2021 at 7:45 PM, Parazight said:

Integrity?  Hackers are everywhere, in every game.  Console players can make unlimited accounts and many storage options exist. So, permadeath is also trivial.  Cars fly and base building has many problems.  I'm thinking that another duplication method found, on a forum that barely anyone reads, is not going to ruin the game.

Unlimited accounts and storage mean absolute DICK if players can't endlessly fill up alt accounts and storage options with duplicated items. 
Permdeath is definitely not trivial, unless you're some kind of psycho that travels the map with a main character and alts at every possible death point, or just sits next to where your alt spawns at all times. That stuff really isn't that convenient or worth doing in excess if the loot economy is functioning the way it's supposed to. 

"Hackers are everywhere" so fucking what? There aren't any on console, but regardless, what, problems like this should be allowed to persist because "all games have cheaters"? Give me a fucking break. 

4 hours ago, thepoey said:

Unlimited accounts and storage mean absolute DICK if players can't endlessly fill up alt accounts and storage options with duplicated items. 
Permdeath is definitely not trivial, unless you're some kind of psycho that travels the map with a main character and alts at every possible death point, or just sits next to where your alt spawns at all times. That stuff really isn't that convenient or worth doing in excess if the loot economy is functioning the way it's supposed to. 

"Hackers are everywhere" so fucking what? There aren't any on console, but regardless, what, problems like this should be allowed to persist because "all games have cheaters"? Give me a fucking break. 

DayZ, and this experimental patch have a great number of storage options available.  When you die, it is much easier to recover and get going again.  Before consoles, and before persistence, permadeath was real.  Recovering is much, much easier now.  Even without extra accounts, rarely do you ever restart with nothing.  This isn't early access alpha stage anymore.

Cheaters/hackers are everywhere.  In every market and around the globe.  Many countries are infamous for it.  Communist governments endorse cyber attacks everywhere.  Hackers in DayZ are such a small issue when you look at the situation globally.  Go read a news feed.

One thing that I wouldn't mind seeing with this new content is grenades as loot on plate carrying infected.  Especially now that trip wires are a thing.  Perhaps the screaming officers could drop an unpinned grenade on death.  That'd maybe help curb players from jumping on a hesco barrier and taking out a whole dozen of them easily, one-shotting them each as they stand helpless below.  

Has anyone done any tests with Blaze? sometimes from a double shot, the target simply falls into an unconscious state, as with a single hit, although, according to the damage table, a double shot is obliged to kill the target even in a bulletproof vest.

How do I find a 1.14 official server to play on PC?  I cannot install Dayz experimental because there is no option for it in the beta's area of Dayz properties.

40 minutes ago, Rod-NL said:

How do I find a 1.14 official server to play on PC?  I cannot install Dayz experimental because there is no option for it in the beta's area of Dayz properties.

It's not under beta DayZ, it's a Standalone "version" of the game in your Steam Library named: DayZ experimental.

• Like 1

Anyone know how long does: 

A dynamic toxic zone lasts?

A snare trap catches a hare? 

Other then the above I find the stealth kill poorly executed. 

I do like the sounds of heli's and arties. 

13 minutes ago, McWendy said:

3bg9Qj9.png

lifetime is 1500 seconds by the look of it, so 25 mins

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2021 at 5:25 AM, McWendy said:

On 9/16/2021 at 5:42 AM, aux7 said:

lifetime is 1500 seconds by the look of it, so 25 mins

Was updated... "Version 1.14.154183 (Released on 14.09.2021)"

<event name="StaticContaminatedArea">
        <nominal>0</nominal>
        <min>2</min>
        <max>4</max>
        <lifetime>2100</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>0</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>120</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>0</cleanupradius>

<flags deletable="1" init_random="1" remove_damaged="0"/>
        <position>fixed</position>
        <limit>parent</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="0" lootmin="0" max="4" min="2" type="ContaminatedArea_Dynamic"/>
        </children>
    </event>

35 minutes as of Version 1.14.154183

Edited by Getsome
xml format
  • Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 11:51 PM, Just Caused said:

Why would you dupe on PC when you could just download free hacks & fly, spawn in any item, shoot through any object or across the map, wall hacks, aim lock, etc. People using actual hacks is a massive problem on Official PC servers but duping not so much. If people could use hacks on Console, trust me they'd be using them.  Duping is a big problem on Official servers but the more regular wipes have effectively lowered the amount of drainers plaining the game to just dupe. Hopefully BI keeps the wipes every couple of months as its definitely evened the playing field for legitimate players