DarthGickna123

What the fuck is wrong with loot in this game?

I don't know if this is a console thing, but loot in DayZ is genuinely fucked up. I search twelve buildings, travel about 10 kilometres and the only food I find is a pear on a dead body. Like seriously, I walk into an enourmous building expecting to find tons of good loot but all there is in the building's twenty five rooms is a pair of working boots. Is this technical limitations or something like they can't have a certain amount of loot at once so they just have none at all?

Just need to look in the right places. There are lots of threads with advice, but... 

Boats on the cost, infected, greenhouses, chickens, hunting, fishing. If, in 10km, you've only looked in ten buildings (one of which sounds like an apartment building, they don't really spawn loot) then I'm not surprised you haven't found much. Especially on the coast. 

If you're really struggling, try joining a community server, most of them have boosted loot. 

Get off the coast. You're looking in places that have already been cleared out.

Are you playing on a high pop server ? what the dudes say above is correct, theres alot to learn about dayz with these little things but it is worth it after you work it out. Dont lose faith !

dude, find some seeds or a tomato and a shovel. that there is some serious hard core survival.

I think Darth is right, I've been playing for 2 days now, and its impossible to find anything for food, I've literally checked all houses around town and there is no food. i have found handguns and rifles bullets 1 or 2 knives but no freaking food. i have died 5 times all because of starving. its getting annoying. im tired of spending days just searching just for food. as soon as i eat something the next mission is finding something els to eat before i die. and so far its always been death.

28 minutes ago, SGTdebo305 said:

i have found handguns and rifles bullets 1 or 2 knives but no freaking food.

You have all you need right there to get food.

Kill an animal, gut it and cook it.

34 minutes ago, SGTdebo305 said:

its all happened in different lifes, and i havent seen one anymal yet lol not even a chicken 

Play on Boosted loot server then, until you learn the game

1 hour ago, SGTdebo305 said:

its all happened in different lifes, and i havent seen one anymal yet lol not even a chicken 

Had to log in again Just to reply to you

STOP RUNNING and get out of coastal cities!! 

If you Just jog you can make it to a more inland city. Loot is better there. 

If you Just jog you wont scare away the chickens which are present in every town/city you Just need to listen for that (in radius growing sound) tok tok.

If you Just jog domestic animals like cows wont run away abruptly.

If you Just jog loot has time to Spawn like Apples and pears under Trees. Make sure to backtrack orchards.

If you Just jog traintracks you Will find small Stones.

If you Just jog and search 12 buildings within 10km you are doing it wrong.

If you Just jog you can loot the solo Z you can take down.

If you Just jog you can listen to alle tips given above

Bottom Line (and this Goes for countless people who come to complain about the game when infact their own playstyle is what creates the problems) DON'T RUN EVERYWHERE

I could say L2P but that's do 2010 i dont wanna go there.

Ow and wait: Bring my friggin improvised bow back!!

@FunkInYourTrunk i feel your pain

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

14 hours ago, SGTdebo305 said:

What?

There are more chickens in Chernarus than trees.

Are you playing on official, or a super hard community server?

Poor clothing has a lot to do with starving to death.  You burn through your food much faster.

You need to find good starter clothing on the coast, like work jumpsuits and fireman's gear (fireman's gear being excellent).  A pea coat is good but it gets wet easy.

Wearing high insulation / water resistant clothing you are more likely to keep your temperature gauge in the white and burn less food.

Edited by VodkaFish