ImpulZ

Console Update 1.09

2 hours ago, Rami Obeidat said:

Have they ever asked themselves why PC mods servers are so successful !? 

The private server is successful for several reasons:
- Server script creation
- Setting up the server and the rules of the game on the server according to the script
- Administration on the server, reduces or eliminates the cheating of players on the server

20 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

• Fixed a bug allowing infected to climb over closed party tent doors

@ImpulZ not fixed.

Loving the new interior and exterior variants ❤️ Good Update 👍

Moin, I found the update so far quite nice. I tried the flagpole but lo and behold it doesn't work! It is actually possible for me to put a tree trunk in the construction site and that's about it. I also play on the PS4. if someone has a solution, i'm open to it. Greetings from Germany

3 hours ago, Manuel Sellingsloh said:

Moin, I found the update so far quite nice. I tried the flagpole but lo and behold it doesn't work! It is actually possible for me to put a tree trunk in the construction site and that's about it. I also play on the PS4. if someone has a solution, i'm open to it. Greetings from Germany

moin

y8Z6BXf.png

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

Can someone explain to me how the loot economy now works please ? I can't find anything that I need exceot rubbiah clothes also dropped items don't seem to desoawn. I dropled some items came back 24hrs later and they where still there.(official ps4 ) 

Thanks

After the update I can't remove ruined tires from cars?  I have even tried the tire iron. Anyone else having this problem?

On 9/8/2020 at 3:31 PM, Rami Obeidat said:

I have 32 full gear accounts in DayZ, But developers should be more generous. 

It is not fair that a new player needs months or even years to find a good weapon while there are people who simply have everything because they are dupers.
Developers must find the true reason for Dupers!
Have they ever asked themselves why PC mods servers are so successful !?

I have gotten and played this game since it's been out in Game Pass in my server 7591 on official I literally have every single gun limit myself in lars, vsds, akms, m4s  i have more then 30 tier 3 and 4  guns no duping all looting and pvp

Edited by SlickDicDaddy

I think there's an issue with building watchtowers, I'm trying to build upon a pre existing watchtower from 1.08 and it won't let me build any stairs or the logs to build up the 3rd floor part. I imagine it might have something to do with it being from a previous patch, or the watchtower building is just broken in general. Come to think of it i may have needed to use a hammer on the 3rd floor logs but still i can't build the stairs. I can build and repair fences fine. Has something changed or is it just broken? Also i have 2 watchtowers put together to create a closed structure.

Also couldn't find an area to place the flagpole kit even though there was way more than enough room for it. @ImpulZ

Edited by Robzom11

5 hours ago, Chris Maughan said:

so can any one explain how the loot economy now works ? 

My understanding of the changes are that player interacted items now last much much longer when dropped in the world. In my opinion, it pretty cool to see so much loot in random places that has been switched for or dropped. It's nice to find things in unsual spots and not just running around looking at the usual spawn points. Really makes the world feel more lived in. This effects the loot economy because if an item has reached a certain limit because there is a certain number of that item laying out in the world, no new copies will spawn. As you can guess this makes beginning survival much more challenging, which I personally think was needed. Certain item spawn numbers were also tweaked. Knives aren't nearly as common now but small stones(used to make stone knives) are much more common. I see a lot of complaining that people aren't finding anything but rubbish and I think they are missing the point of the changes. Bohemia seems to really be leaning into the survival/scavenging aspects of the game which I think is awesome. The point of the game is trying to get by, not rushing to a military spawn and having full resources/weapons in an hour. The changes will also drive people off the coast and inland to find more/less picked over loot all while making the world more alive with the signs of other survivors. Hopefully this also means people will become spread out around the map instead of just sitting on the coast and occasionally sprinting to a military base before returning to the coast. All that said, this is just my understanding of what's been changed and I could be totally wrong. 

Edited by ZingZootZephyr
  • Like 2

ok well as a for instance tonight I have been playing for 5 hr and traveresed the entire livonia map and found 0 weapons. Not one mosin or blaze or anything.. only player discarded rubbish loot. If I was a freshy there would be no way I could compete for food or god forbid a pack of wolves. This needs looking at fast 

Edited by Chris Maughan

1 hour ago, Chris Maughan said:

ok well as a for instance tonight I have been playing for 5 hr and traveresed the entire livonia map and found 0 weapons. Not one mosin or blaze or anything.. only player discarded rubbish loot. If I was a freshy there would be no way I could compete for food or god forbid a pack of wolves. This needs looking at fast 

Also keep in mind the timers are now 24-48 hours. It will take that time for the loot economy to stabilize to what it's going to be. So starting about today we should start seeing what it's going to be like. Don't worry, they aren't going to leave it this way if the analytics showing loot being to rare. They've said as much in the 1.09 blog.

Edited by ZingZootZephyr

Just an FYI the item lifetimes are complete caca now. Just wasted money renewing my server just to find out the loot respawn takes 2 days. That’s ridiculous. Won’t be renewing it again. 

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Chris Maughan said:

I'd be amazed if you could traverse the entire map AND search it in five hours

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Like 2

I really like the new loot economy, as @ZingZootZephyr said it makes the world feel lived in and you feel like your scavenging. Had one of the greatest adventures today with a random but not because it was epic although it had its moments of shit hitting the fan and wholesome interactions. I'll spare you the details but going into staroye with nothing but a badly damaged amphibia (that we got by trading food) was a breath of fresh air (usually you have a shotgun and mosin by then). Really can't explain it but the rate we were finding loot felt really good and it made finding things like a double barrel, then a town later shells all the more special. Really just can't explain it but i can't wait to die so i can do it all again. Only complaint would be animal spawns were way to abundant and made starvation not an issue, we found like 3 chickens and a goat within less then 15mins within a 300m radius all in upper electro, though maybe we were lucky in which case i don't have a problem with that.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Beans 2

why can't i take out ruined radiators/spark plugs out of vehicles anymore? it doesn't bring up the option to take to hands(HOLD)  was it included in this update?

How long is loot on the floor staying for? I've noticed items piling up from people loot cycling? Will this eventually effect the server performance?

Hi all,

I'm new to both the game and the forums. Been reading through some of the topics here, regarding patch 1.09, but haven't really seen anything regarding my "issue".

Which is item respawn/refresh upon server restart.

I've started playing the game about 3 months ago on PS4, and after spending countless hours on official servers wandering around and either starving to death, or getting killed by other players or wolf packs, I've looked into ways of having my own server, to which the solution was obviously Nitrado. I've rented a server and since I am not really interested about PvP and such, I've passworded it and started playing around with the xml files, after gathering some info about them online, to make it function the way I wanted it. I modified the types.xml often, due to the fact that I was playing around with base building a lot, and after about a month or so, I've got it set up the way I wanted.

This only to explain my motives.

Now, since the 1.09 update rolled out, I have been simply unable to modify the loot spawns. I see some changes, but can't really figure out why only certain items are spawning differently than before. I have completely disabled the spawning of a lot of items, such as hoodies, hiking boots, hats, etc, etc.... stuff that for my purposes are just "junk". Yet, they keep spawning even after a week. (I have set the lifetime to 900 for almost every item in the game, so it should be despawning/respawning frequently). I did everything the same way as I did during the previous weeks (and up until the patch came out it all worked perfectly well).

I came to guess that it might have something to do with the despawn/respawn timers of the previous "factory" settings running out slowly perhaps? I don't really know... But among the patch notes, I read that 

"....The restart of server no longer spawns new loot (ignoring restock timers) and loot is only spawned after restock timers run out..."

Now, to be honest, I find that a rather harsh change compared to what control I've had over that before. I mean, shouldn't we at least have the option to control that?

Like in my case, I modified the types.xml quite a lot before, depending on what item I actually needed for my "projects" and it was very convenient to simply restart the server and have almost instant results and be able to find the items in question almost instantly. 

But now... After the patch rolled out, I have spent a few hours on modifying the xml files back to what they were before the patch, and as mentioned before, I had very little success. Other than being able to "turn off" zombie spawns instantly and modifying player spawn points (also instantly took effect) as to the loot... well, it's rather disappointing. I mean, I obviously don't mind investing some time into the game, but given that I have my own server, I do expect that to be much less than otherwise it would be. I just don't have time to wait around days or weeks for every change I make to the xml files to take effect. If that is the case, I'll just move on to something else...

Could it not be changed in a way that we have control over that? I'm not a programmer, of course, but it does not seem to be a hell of a big modification to tackle... 

First time playing properly since the update, just a couple of observations. 

When crafting the improvised knife I still end up with two stones as well as the knife. 

Couldn't light a fire outside with matches. It wasn't windy or wet. It was about five mins before a server reset so maybe that? 

Other than some frame stutter in big towns occasionally it seems pretty solid. 

Question about experimental servers though... I noticed that the sun rays are back in game. I hadn't realised they'd gone to be honest but I heard on reddit that they were taken out? 

@Max Planck

very little loot since this patch and seems just scraps left behind from other players. Also players are taking loot out of the buildings just to they can try and get something else to spawn because their is just.. well very little in the world . Ive been playing this patch since it came out thinking will get used to it but now just fed up tbh.

Also with the dayz player base numbers well up with several very popular twitch streamers playing it.. terrible timing for new comers to start playing dayz struggling to get any fun/enjoyment from the game with a lot less loot.

For the most part loving all the new changes i.e base building is viable now but this is a step backwards with less items.

Please can this be addressed the loot needs to be cycled and not as persistent .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devskie said:

very little loot since this patch and seems just scraps left behind from other players. Also players are taking loot out of the buildings just to they can try and get something else to spawn because their is just.. well very little in the world . Ive been playing this patch since it came out thinking will get used to it but now just fed up tbh.

Also with the dayz player base numbers well up with several very popular twitch streamers playing it.. terrible timing for new comers to start playing dayz struggling to get any fun/enjoyment from the game with a lot less loot.

For the most part loving all the new changes i.e base building is viable now but this is a step backwards with less items.

Please can this be addressed the loot needs to be cycled and not as persistent .

You playing official or private? Private servers are running with decent loot but haven’t tried official myself as of yet.

17 minutes ago, devskie said:

official m8

What sort of loot are you meaning? I play official pretty much exclusively and get kitted up pretty well. Definitely a struggle to survive initially but once you get the holy knife it's the gravy train. 

The Central Loot Economy alterations in 1.09 are very welcome. PVE is now closer to hardcore survival which is why I originally bought Dayz and the Livonia DLC. I am not a Military sim kind of person, but survival absolutely. I only play on official because I want to play the game precisely how BI intended it to be. 

Loot now stays on the ground for much longer, as a result, random items can be discovered just anywhere that makes the maps feel inhabited and more alive than ever before. General loot is scarce although food can be found easily. This forces players to move ever farther inland towards the next village, town or cities.

For instance, NWAF is not the goal anymore on Chernarus; it is simply another stop along the way. Consequently, there is now more activity all over the map. I have seen more base raiding for loot, even though base raiding is more complicated. And more encounters in cities and towns as players attempt to gather useful resources. This much need change is exactly the sort of balancing BI have been working on throughout 2020. So, thank you to the developers who are continuing to do a sterling job.   

Edited by Elderflower

1 hour ago, devskie said:

official m8

Ah okay man, I’ve heard official is being a bit iffy with the spawns so you may be right.