ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.09 (Changelog)

24 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Well two, there's a Livonia server too. But not a single 1PP only server worldwide. This has been the standard Expy setup the last few updates, they probably want to make sure they get the patch tested under high server load, to find the sort of bugs that only surface under those conditions. They can't test that in-house, and better full exp servers than a broken stable patch. There's bound to be a few community expy servers too though.

Its a weak play dont dumb it down For Them. If they want testing they need more servers. 

But servers cost money and they only wanna make it not spend it. 

Fact is 2/3 per continent would suffice. Im 20th in queue now, like wtf.

• Beans 1

The last few updates might not have been the biggest ones but i am very happy with what has been added. The devs seem to stay true to *my* idea of how DayZ should be (survival, interaction, hobotime) even though there seems to be a big community that wants more guns and action. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

22 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Its a weak play dont dumb it down For Them. If they want testing they need more servers. 

But servers cost money and they only wanna make it not spend it. 

Fact is 2/3 per continent would suffice. Im 20th in queue now, like wtf.

Hop on the Livonia server then, no queue for that... (last time I checked you don't need the DLC for experimental but that might have changed.)

• Beans 2

22 minutes ago, McWendy said:

If they want testing they need more servers. 

Fact is 2/3 per continent would suffice.

Based on what evidence?  Where do you get your metrics?

Based on past results, fewer servers means higher load, which is probably what they want if that's how they set it up.  I realize that you're 20th in queue, and that you don't like it, but maybe you could go play stable.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Based on what evidence?  Where do you get your metrics?

Based on past results, fewer servers means higher load, which is probably what they want if that's how they set it up.  I realize that you're 20th in queue, and that you don't like it, but maybe you could go play stable.

I could but wont waited long enough been here a while dont forget 😉

No evidence ofc one doesn't always need it to be somewhat right. But its true it affected me therefore it became a point. 🙂

if its about the load then how about that should be a patchnote worth? 

7 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Hop on the Livonia server then, no queue for that... (last time I checked you don't need the DLC for experimental but that might have changed.)

If that's true then i Will definitely try that. Thanks @Derleth

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, McWendy said:

Is it me or do i see very few official servers running 1.09?

Are they testing the queue? 

This is experimental only. You have to opt in to testing the experimental in order to see them. I see PLENTY.

5 minutes ago, Topherjack said:

This is experimental only. You have to opt in to testing the experimental in order to see them. I see PLENTY.

Doesn't work like that anymore, Exp is a separate client downloaded from Steam, only a few official servers  up.

BUT -  I just launched an Exp server of my own. It's called (I have no imagination) "Derleth's Experimental Den" and is PURE vanilla, I basically just did the port forwarding and started the server executable without further ado. 1PP/3PP enabled but no crosshair, dark nights (and it is night right now so you need to use that chemlight). Only 20 players max since this thing is running from my own gaming PC, but if someone is desperate to jump the queue it is there. (I'm on it).

• Beans 2

I love the new influx in players more revenue for the Devs....

But they have no clue of the history this game had/had.

And i too still want my bow damit 🙂

• Beans 3

So, I see that apples, rose hips, pears, plums and elderberries are no longer spawning in Chernarus. (Ran around for two hours and did not see a single fruit anywhere so I became suspicious and yes, upon looking at the server files I see their events are indeed missing from events.xml.)

@ImpulZ @jakub_bohemia Is this an intentional change, or has somebody accidentally copypasted the Livonia events into the Chernarus mission folder? If intentional, please include this kind of change in the patch notes.

Hello !

When are we going to see:

a damage balance ? pistols are useless, 7.62x39 can't go through an helmet, headshot that works with all guns, more unsconsciouness etc...

Bow and crossbow ?

Broken legs ?

vehicule fix then V3s , transit bus etc ?

slower deplacements , more inertia ?

longer weapon sway ? ( like it was before 0.62)

ragdoll ?

Helicopters ?

Please.

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Added the Flag Pole and Flags 

... Really? This took priority over getting archery added back into the game? What the actual f***?

It is nice to see the revolver back in, though. Never was a fan myself, but I know a lot of people have been asking for it back. Maybe next update I could finally get my bow and arrows back. A man can dream.

Edited by Goatroach
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Derleth said:

No, the vanilla game really doesn't need more military hardware of any kind whatsoever. There are enough pewpew toys as it is, while the survival parts of the game stood back throughout nearly the entire first year after 1.0 while various AR variants were added every update. If you want a bezillion different AR:s and whatnot there are literally hundreds of modded servers out there with just that kind of thing. Vanilla DayZ doesn't need more at this point, with one exception - the atlas bipod and using objects/terrain as support.

Mate I'm on console, so we don't get all the "pewpew toys as it is", I play dayz for the PvP because there really isn't anything close to this game on consoles.

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, ZingZootZephyr said:

Sounds like you'd rather play COD.

No,no I would not. I would rather play escape from tarkov but don't have a pc.

• Sad 1

@ImpulZ Going through types.xml I see many, many interesting reductions in food and civilian clothing. I also see that there is no longer anything marked as Tier4. I'm assuming this in an error?

Edited by helpthedeadwalk

@helpthedeadwalk

The lack of tier 3 & 4 in items would be intentional I believe, They want people to be testing and not having to travel far so they can get the test results quickly. 

@ImpulZ @jakub_bohemia

Flag pole kit…  once I've made it I'm unable to pick it up... anybody else experiencing that issue? 

3x short sticks 1x rope = Flag pole kit

Edit: This is on my community server so something's up with the files

Edited by Getsome

45 minutes ago, zBlackHaloz said:

what is this door persistent?

Opened doors stay open at server restart instad of being shut or having a random state in some cases. It might also mean a locked (with lockpicks) door stays locked after a server restart, I need to test this.

Also @ImpulZ I found this being spammed in the server console:

"8:01:55 [CE][SpawnRandomLoot] DE "StaticPoliceCar" is set to spawn loot, but there is no group configured"

I suppose that has something to do with this change: "Updated the model of Olga 24 police car for Chernarus". 

A new mapgroupproto needs to be generated I suppose?

5 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

@ImpulZ Going through types.xml I see many, many interesting reductions in food and civilian clothing.

Yeah, also all fruit has been completely removed from events.xml. Mushrooms still spawn, but fruit and berries are utterly gone. LOTS more small stones however, running five minutes up a trail I found 8 stones...

Edit: Another observation - in the blog post you say 27 flag variants have been added, but in types.xml I can only find 15 flags. For example, there are Livonia and Livonia PD flags but no Chernarus flag...

Edited by Derleth

ah... Livonia types mixed up with Chernarus types...... maybe 😂

6 minutes ago, Getsome said:

ah... Livonia types mixed up with Chernarus types...... maybe 😂

That's what I think too 😁

16 hours ago, amadieus said:

No, we need more civilian and police weapons for a better character progression. Hopefully we see the MP133, PM73 and Trumpet before they start adding the Aug/M249. I do kinda fancy the Bizon though.

You've just proved my point, you want low tier crap so you can role play being a police man lol, do you even need guns on your no shooting, no being a dick, build a base that will never get raided probably locked  to you and your 2 mates private server. This is a pvpve survival game  not some animal crossing farm simulator game. Not to mention all pistols and smgs are useless.

Edited by matty_21ps
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, matty_21ps said:

You've just proved my point, you want low tier crap so you can role play being a police man lol, do you even need guns on your no shooting, no being a dick, build a base that will never get raided probably locked  to you and your 2 mates private server. This is a pvpve survival game  not some animal crossing farm simulator game. Not to mention all pistols and smgs are useless.

No, you are really proving his point mate, it seems you think you're playing pubg with zombies. That is not what DayZ is, it is a survival sandbox game with pvp elements. PvP has never been meant to be the sole focus, there are no pvp "objectives", no kill feeds, leaderboards and other crap like that. Just because we can shoot at each other doesn't mean we have to. The beauty of DayZ is how it has room for a multitude of different playstyles, you decide how you want to play - nobody else does it for you.

As for your obsession with weaponry, for pewpew you already have MP5, UMP45, AKM, AK74, AKS74U, AK101, M4A1, FAL, VSS, SVD and soon enough the RAK and AUG will make a comback and they'll probably add the M249 and Groza too eventually. There is really no need whatsoever in the vanilla game to add more military hardware at this point, it is much more important with balancing, bugfixing and getting missing systems in place, such as broken limbs, heated food losing heat with time, improvised bow and crossbow, weapon painting, leather crafting plus last, but not least, stabilising vehicles and getting the accursed V3S truck into the game. Once all that is in place by all means, toss in some more AR variants. That should be at the very bottom of the list of priorities though.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2