liquidcactus

2000 Zombies in a Heavily infested Cherno - DayZ Horror Movie

Have you ever imagined what a heavily infested, overrun Chernogorsk would look like ?

This is a dayz horror cinematic about one mans suicide mission to a heavily infested Chernogorsk.

Created with the dayz editor.

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Like 2
  • Beans 2

Nice video!

When I imagine a heavily infested Cherno, I have images of server crashes and epic lag spikes.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Finally a nice video well worth to watch it!
Congratulations, I hope to be entertained with the sequel...

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, oldfossil said:

Finally a nice video well worth to watch it!
Congratulations, I hope to be entertained with the sequel...

Hey thanx, i loved making it but the dayz editor is a huge tedious pain once you start getting big ideas.. anyway, there is a prequel i made from a year ago.. 

Edited by liquidcactus
  • Beans 2

Love the cinematics, sounds and the (cinematic) music dude! Those soundtracks are perfect, with the Zombies at the door. Looked like a movie!

Looking forward to the next episode!

-Hawk

• Beans 1

On 10/13/2020 at 8:34 AM, A-Hawk said:

Love the cinematics, sounds and the (cinematic) music dude! Those soundtracks are perfect, with the Zombies at the door. Looked like a movie!

Looking forward to the next episode!

-Hawk

Hey thanks Hawk, there wont be a sequel, this was too damn time consuming to make, it took alot of effort. i did post a prequel above tho. Alone in the dark with a shotgun.

• Thanks 1

On 11/11/2020 at 7:54 PM, Anette Amily said:

Hello.. no i dont use yowhatsapp.. why is that ? you can message me on the dayz forums here ?

Loved it, really nice work!

Edited by Derleth

On 7/21/2020 at 8:44 AM, Parazight said:

Nice video!

When I imagine a heavily infested Cherno, I have images of server crashes and epic lag spikes.

Works surprisingly well! The only problem I have is that when there are many agitated zombies roaring around you the sound starts cutting out and clipping. I believe that might just be my PC though, but there is a feedback ticket on it.

• Beans 1

The sad thing is...I really expected DayZ to be that way some day...a shame they never put really much work and thoughts into the Infected 😞

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

47 minutes ago, Private Evans said:

The sad thing is...I really expected DayZ to be that way some day...a shame they never put really much work and thoughts into the Infected 😞

Agreed, once you learn the mechanics, trigger radius etc they are Just a nuisance. Nothing more. Ow wait easy food mode too. 🙂

• Beans 2

9 hours ago, Private Evans said:

Yes indeed evans, i always thought it would be up to modding to save our beloved zombies. I did make this video to fuel my dayz apoc cities full of zombies fantasie(s), thats for sure.

• Like 1

nice video!   

i run a server with almost 5000 zombies as standard (on all the maps we have run cherno, livonia, deerisle and now valning) no crashes and little lag (just adjust the zombie spawn in radius)

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, mother1977 said:

nice video!   

i run a server with almost 5000 zombies as standard (on all the maps we have run cherno, livonia, deerisle and now valning) no crashes and little lag (just adjust the zombie spawn in radius)

Yeah I capped mine at 5000, of which more than half are static (not player triggered). It wouldn't work on a crowded 60-player server, but I keep the player cap low since I want it to be about surviving the infected, not roaming coastal bandits.. No lag, never seen server fps drop below 1000 even with players in both Cherno and various military sites aggravating zombie hordes left and right. It simply a case of lots of zombies + lots of players not mixing well.

Worth mentioning that vanilla Chernarus has infected capped at 1,000. Sumrak's own Namalsk has them capped at 1800 (maybe it was 1600) for a much smaller map. Explains why infected on vanilla Chernarus servers aren't much of a threat for anything but clueless freshies.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

On 1/15/2021 at 6:20 PM, Derleth said:

Yeah I capped mine at 5000, of which more than half are static (not player triggered). It wouldn't work on a crowded 60-player server, but I keep the player cap low since I want it to be about surviving the infected, not roaming coastal bandits.. No lag, never seen server fps drop below 1000 even with players in both Cherno and various military sites aggravating zombie hordes left and right. It simply a case of lots of zombies + lots of players not mixing well.

Worth mentioning that vanilla Chernarus has infected capped at 1,000. Sumrak's own Namalsk has them capped at 1800 (maybe it was 1600) for a much smaller map. Explains why infected on vanilla Chernarus servers aren't much of a threat for anything but clueless freshies.

On 1/15/2021 at 1:51 PM, mother1977 said:

nice video!   

wow that sounds amazing ! like my fantasies of yesteryear.. i would love to see a video of a server with 5000 zombies on it. I have always thought i would much rather a lower player amount so there could be alot more infected. The

way it should be. How many slots do you guys have on your 5000 zombie servers ? im so damn curious i would love to play on those servers, i am in Australia however. Chernarus is so fucking boring these days even playing on a server that has more zombies mod its still just too dead.

wow your fate has been sealed lol

we have a pop cap at 20 atm (we're only small) but looking at increasing to 30 in the next couple of months.

i'll send you the server info as we are australian based 😄

I didn't know there was a DayZ.com from Bohemia's ARMA forums! LOL! My first post here I think. TY for the bump! DayZ 1.xx is a masterpiece over what it was in alpha and beta and finally a game that stands on it's own from the classic ARMA 2 mod. 

• Beans 1

On 7/15/2021 at 12:06 AM, Valken said:

I didn't know there was a DayZ.com from Bohemia's ARMA forums! LOL! My first post here I think. TY for the bump! DayZ 1.xx is a masterpiece over what it was in alpha and beta and finally a game that stands on it's own from the classic ARMA 2 mod. 

Hello Valken, welcome to the official dayz forums. They are even a bit hard to find in a google search. Modding has saved dayz, thats why I'm still around. The game keeps growing as the mod community keeps adding more delights for the community servers. Ive been around since 2012 and i think i will still be playing dayz for another 10 years