jakub_bohemia

Console Update 1.08

3 hours ago, Luigi Evahard said:

Bandages I think are fine how they are.

+1

But please fix the stamina consumption for filled up Plastic Bottles and Canteens. You must have made a calculation mistake (np happens to the best of us) because you have probably worked so hard to deliver a clean and bug free update...

• Like 1

For my game play of 1.08 for Xbox one:

I have noticed that when I am carrying a bag in my hand. Any item I am wearing that I check the status of that is equipped will go into the bag in my hands, like my gun on my left shoulder which even when I equip it back from the bag will go straight back to the bag unless I set the bag down, my boots, hat, and glasses have done the same. 

If I get a new pair of glasses the old ones will auto pick up into the bag in my hand and some other items. In some cases if I drop an item to pick another up, that item I drop goes into the bag in my hands again as well. Sometime items auto pick up when I have passed by then. 

Still same old inventory glitch of items that you can't do anything with on occasion. I have been trying to experiment with using the L/R Trigger to navigate and drop items into different inventories. I also have to reset the server when this happens generally.

With having two-tent canopy and one-car tent being setup, the game has been trying to freeze on me a bit when I am in range of these items. I will try to play today to see if this happens to me again on this part. Only started to happen like an hour or more later after setup.

I tend to go through zombies hand punching them, usually once they are half way through my body the can hit me but I can't hit them so have to try and run a sec and get back into position as well.

Not sure if anyone else has been having the same issue. Only thing I have made changes to was nominal amounts of items and a set number jeeps to spawn in with everything. Been no other issues than these so far. Wanted to test the changes out before I did anymore modding. 

But the most annoying thing is putting an item into something and then it ends up back in my bag. Even if I am in a tent and I drop something onto the ground and try to move it into a tent pre-say. The last item that was placed in the tent before this item ends up in my hands, if this makes since.

Also with cars, I can barely tap the wall and the two front tires get ruined, sometimes the battery/spark plug/radiator as well. way to like change the damage factors. Sucks after the game freezes when driving and then the car is destroyed barely tapping it on something.  

Edited by Cronus7011
Update to 1.08v Xbox

23 hours ago, Cronus7011 said:

For my game play of 1.08 for Xbox one:

I have noticed that when I am carrying a bag in my hand. Any item I am wearing that I check the status of that is equipped will go into the bag in my hands, like my gun on my left shoulder which even when I equip it back from the bag will go straight back to the bag unless I set the bag down, my boots, hat, and glasses have done the same. 

If I get a new pair of glasses the old ones will auto pick up into the bag in my hand and some other items. In some cases if I drop an item to pick another up, that item I drop goes into the bag in my hands again as well. Sometime items auto pick up when I have passed by then. 

Still same old inventory glitch of items that you can't do anything with on occasion. I have been trying to experiment with using the L/R Trigger to navigate and drop items into different inventories. I also have to reset the server when this happens generally.

With having two-tent canopy and one-car tent being setup, the game has been trying to freeze on me a bit when I am in range of these items. I will try to play today to see if this happens to me again on this part. Only started to happen like an hour or more later after setup.

Not sure if anyone else has been having the same issue. Only thing I have made changes to was nominal amounts of items and a set number jeeps to spawn in with everything. Been no other issues than these so far. Wanted to test the changes out before I did anymore modding. 

Use the inventory button to close your inventory, it sounds like your pressing b which is combine as well as back

Normally when a patch comes out Players come back to the game to check it out. How has that worked for DayZ and the 1.08 patch? I know my servers are a lot slower. Need to fix the crashing ASAP

i cant even play, it runs at 15-30 fps and drop everytime something appear on fov, it stutters 10 times in 15 seconds

New hotfix is now online! Thank you for your feedback, everyone 🙂

Version: 1.08.153258 (07.07.2020)

GAME

ADDED

• Added: The damage state of the Fence / Watchtower parts is now visible in the hud (the dot next to the targets name)

FIXED

• Fixed: Containers with liquid did not have their correct weight after filling
  • Fixed: Performance issues around bigger bases, which could also lead to client crashes

CHANGED

• Tweaked: Lowered intensity of sun shafts

KNOWN ISSUES

• The damaged states will not be displayed on the fences and watchtowers
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, jakub_bohemia said:

Новое исправление теперь онлайн! Спасибо за ваш отзыв, все 🙂

Версия: 1.08.153258 (07.07.2020)

ИГРА

ADDED

• Добавлено: состояние повреждения частей забора / сторожевой башни теперь видно в hud (точка рядом с названием цели)

ФИКСИРОВАННЫЙ

• Исправлено: контейнеры с жидкостью не имели правильный вес после наполнения
  • Исправлено: проблемы с производительностью вокруг больших баз, которые также могут привести к сбоям клиента

ИЗМЕНИТЬ

• Tweaked: пониженная интенсивность солнечных валов

ИЗВЕСТНЫЕ ПРОБЛЕМЫ

• Поврежденные состояния не будут отображаться на заборах и сторожевых башнях

Performance update special for consoles soon?

11 minutes ago, Boroda Thug said:

Performance update special for console

the fix must be incoming because all official servers are down for me (ps4)

With the 1.08 campfire changes fires are difficult to light under any circumstances. Cooking on an open fire is almost impossible now and the ovens are glitchy. 

Is it possible you can fix the double tap to talk on DayZ (Xbox)? There isn’t even an option to change it.

37 minutes ago, rackinglad27 said:

the fix must be incoming because all official servers are down for me (ps4)

I'm not talking about today's update, but what was promised only for consoles separately

Was experiencing sun glare yesterday like a bright light coming up! Even when not looking at sun(facing completely away from it), in houses, while it was raining. 

9 hours ago, jakub_bohemia said:

ADDED

• Added: The damage state of the Fence / Watchtower parts is now visible in the hud (the dot next to the targets name)

FIXED

• Fixed: Containers with liquid did not have their correct weight after filling
  • Fixed: Performance issues around bigger bases, which could also lead to client crashes

CHANGED

• Tweaked: Lowered intensity of sun shafts

KNOWN ISSUES

• The damaged states will not be displayed on the fences and watchtowers

Well done. Next thing that broke with 1.08 are lightsticks. They aren't working anymore. Every colour=White with no light source coming from them...

I guess it not worth to ask for general performance fixes on PS4 Pro but I'll do it anyway. Please give us better performance and please also work on the server side of your game. Servers with more than 60 Slots are still a lag/teleportfest when full pop.
And cars.... ehmm nvm.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 5:48 PM, rackinglad27 said:

I'm not experiencing this FACT of yours, I transferred from livonia fully geared (ka 101 ka 74, full military gear including nvgs) man it might be your Internet connection, ever thought of that before making silly assumptions? I'm playing on a ps4 slim with super fast fibre optic Broadband. 

Its just great that you are geared, but it has absolute zero to do with the subject at hand.

Performance is way better then it way a year ago (it was a down-right joke at certain points back then), but it is still in a terrible state.

Try and play pretty much any other multiplayer-fps/tps-shooter for a couple of days (without playing DayZ) or a week and then return to DayZ and tell me that the performance ain't really bad compared to the general state of pretty much every other shooter out there.

Its usually fine when running around by yourself, but if two guys with fully automatic rifles get in close proximity and starts unloading those things in full-auto then it will still take a solid dip (although not as bad as a year ago) and in many situations the winner of the engagement will be decided by way to much luck and way to little skill as you basically ain't in control of what you are doing at 10-15 frames pr second.

And if that is NOT your experience then hallelujah and count yourself blessed (although I have a hard time believing it) by the console-gods that be, but that is NOT the experience of a huge amount of the player-base.

On 7/3/2020 at 5:45 AM, matty_21ps said:

Please allow us to move while using rags or bandage complete sitting duck.

Also can you please look at zombie AI if some one shoots at you the zombies chase you not the guy shooting his gun at you doesn't matter about distance they still chase the person being shot not the shooter. This one is old.

Please dont.

And the zombie is acting just like it is supposed to - if it hears shots (or any other kind of sounds within its hearing-distance) then it will react to it and start to move in that general direction, it will then agro on whoever it finds first and will not ignore the player in its way because the shot that it heard first came a hundred meters further down the road.

It will agro on the first (living) human it comes in direct contact with, and the initial sound that made it start looking in that direction is nothing but a cue for it to start moving in that general direction.

It would be _really_ dumb if it decided to ignore the fresh meat right in front of it just because he was not the one who initially made a sound a made it come in that direction.

Would you seriously have it ignore everything else but the guy who made the initial gun-shot or sound (which might be quite far away)?

• Thanks 1

I still dont understand why they are working on _anything_ else then the game-breaking bugs that have been in the game for more updates then I can remember by now.

The inventory is STILL broken as ... and you will have to re-log several times with clothing in your hands to be able to remove stuff from it after killing the guy who was wearing it, which makes the "simple act" of taking 7-8 different items from 3-4 different clothings (pants, jacket, vest, backpack and so) and running away with it be an absurd act of re-logging 3-4 times (maybe in a real bad spot with enemies around) over 10 minutes while it should have taken 30-60 seconds if the game was working like it ought to.

Guns (with magazines) STILL break at random if you dare to do a quick-reload with them, making the choice if you should reload fast or run away and do it manually (remove the old mag first, then chose a new mag and insert that after - all via the inventory system instead of just pressing Y for a second).

The performance is still real bad, and if you take a break for a few days to play other multiplayer shooters and return to DayZ then you will have a terrible experience that feel really, really sluggish - especially when 2 or more people are battling it out in a small area with full-auto rifles.

I will not be spending any real time on this game until the devs actually put some work into fixing these absurd bugs that have been pestering the DayZ-experience for more time then I can remember by now.

Its bad enough that the console player-base does not have access to modding like they do on PC.

The modding-community on PC have basically added most of the stuff that the devs have been promising over the years - and more; working helicopters and boats, traders, missions, tons of guns and clothing/accessories and sooo much more that it makes the console-version look like a DayZ-light/freemium-mode...

Its such a shame that this is the lay of the lands, this game has the potential to be so much more - but it really seems like the devs have fallen asleep and forgot to set the alarm-clock.

BTW - whatever happened to the broken-bones mechanic that you removed back when updating from 0.62 to 0.63 (before it was out on Xbox or PS4) and which you stated (about half a year ago) that you now were totally re-doing and was going to implement again?

As we have not hears a word about it since that (I can find the original post if you guys have not deleted it) then I guess it is safe to assume that it can be added to the lis of broken promises (again, it was also meant to go back in after 0.63 which never happened) together with the helicopters, pets and so on?

I will NOT be investing more then a bit of spare-time here and there to the game (if even) until the basic stuff which is destroying the experience that could be so much more is ironed out.

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Like 2

Driving was better before. These constantly short freezes. Never had such wear on car coolers

Edited by Christian Hincha

4 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Please dont.

And the zombie is acting just like it is supposed to - if it hears shots (or any other kind of sounds within its hearing-distance) then it will react to it and start to move in that general direction, it will then agro on whoever it finds first and will not ignore the player in its way because the shot that it heard first came a hundred meters further down the road.

It will agro on the first (living) human it comes in direct contact with, and the initial sound that made it start looking in that direction is nothing but a cue for it to start moving in that general direction.

It would be _really_ dumb if it decided to ignore the fresh meat right in front of it just because he was not the one who initially made a sound a made it come in that direction.

Would you seriously have it ignore everything else but the guy who made the initial gun-shot or sound (which might be quite far away)?

It seems I didn't explain it properly, I know how the system works so here is an example, 2 separate people are having a fire fight with each other around the bunker I'm hiding in, has a zombie on top and I'm completely out of sight  and not moving inside the bunker. They proceed to shoot and the zombie aggro on me and bee lines it to me with every other zombie in its vicinity following it,  something isn't right this happens all the time.

As for the bandages At least let me lay down and bandage then, you can do pretty much most things while moving n its kinda bullshit there are too many situations were ur just sitting there doing an action or going through your inventory just stuck there. It makes game play tedious and extremely slow, with how crappy the game performs it just feels so slow and clunky do just about anything.

Please give the ability to adjust scope speeds the atog in particular is so bloody slow when scoped in.

7 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

BTW - whatever happened to the broken-bones mechanic that you removed back when updating from 0.62 to 0.63 (before it was out on Xbox or PS4) and which you stated (about half a year ago) that you now were totally re-doing and was going to implement again?

As we have not hears a word about it since that (I can find the original post if you guys have not deleted it) then I guess it is safe to assume that it can be added to the lis of broken promises (again, it was also meant to go back in after 0.63 which never happened) together with the helicopters, pets and so on?

The broken bones mechanic was outlined in the 2020 roadmap under new content https://dayz.com/article/general/DayZ-in-2020

I agree the bugs are ridiculous but when you look at the progress made since DayZ initially launched on console, the game has made huge improvements and there are alot less major bugs now. Personally I've only expeirenced bugged guns on guns I've found and have like 40+ dayz in the game, so i can't imagine it's very common. Either way I'm enjoying the unique experiences, but definitely agree the bugs and problems are a huge disappointment (especially bugs you mentioned) i guess I'm not at that point where the bugs overshadow those "only in DayZ moments" yet. 

I've been having alot of those moments ever since 1.08 i think because grenades are now utility for base raiding, theres more people traveling, scavenging, surviving and building inland. Today i had a situation where me and a buddy unknowingly confronted a group of 6, we approached them thinking there's max 2 or 3, but once we turned the corner there were like 6. We came around the corner fully expecting full control of the situation, only to be really vulnerable once we turned the corner one guy ran and things got sketchy with their entire group slowly backing off and basically having a standoff with casual conversation lol (we had weapons in hand and requested they put theirs away before showing ourselves) we also offered food with some being naively delighted by the offer and others on edge, somewhere their collective group mind came together and a unspoken agreement was made right there that they had to back away... Was it something i said?  It reminds me of monkeys inspecting something unknown, with the alphas being cautious while the naive monkeys are interested and the only communication is tone of voice and body language. It's interesting because I've never approached a group of 6 trying to talk and essentially control the situation like it was 2, seeing them all back off without right out retaliating was satisfying knowing it was my words and how i approached the situation that caused this specific reaction/outcome, no other game is this interactive. Later we came across a fresh spawn who said he was killed in cold blood by these guys and sure enough we found them again and took 3 out before barely running back to base alive. (we're also like 4 month old characters geared to the teeth with the rarest guns)

The devs are probably doing what they can, and are probably limited by bohemia not funding the development as much as they used to, so that they can fund other projects (correct me if im wrong) whether bohemia cut funds because their greedy or because supporting DayZ isn't viable who knows... I imagine the money they were putting in wasn't coming back so they had to make a buissness decision, or maybe prioritizing other projects was a better temporary solution either way what could really be done? They said the new content was just to keep things interesting and i mean this game would die with no new content, and most of what their adding is qol improvements aswell as fixes, im sure they look at all the major problems but would you rather have a person tackling a bug for a month with possibly no fix or other things improved upon, i imagine this is the situation the devs and bohemia are in, but i could be wrong I'm not an expert. 

I don't blame you for not being happy with DayZ just saying i really relate to how you feel but for me the good currently out-weighs the bad, and what could really be done anyway?.. Regardless i share your frustration.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Like 1

I wanna say the infected in Dayz have been much improved, that needs to be said; Fewer but more deadly infected is what I wanted to see so many thanks to the devs who worked on that side of the new update. The pedestrian trails through the countryside now also look better. The lighting especially sun rays are spot on. The sound has been rebalanced somehow which makes hearing our characters, the ambient soundscape and nearest other players/animals more easier on the ear. I generally like this update, and am back to playing 5-6 hrs daily again. 

Now a couple of minor blips: I said before that the fps has dropped on the last update. I dunno why but I think it is a significant problem. I know it isn't my internet that's for sure. It needs some work either way. At least until the release of an enhanced/remastered Dayz for PS5. Yes, I will buy Dayz on PS5 as soon as you guys decide when. I am ready for it.

Lastly, I want to reiterate my absolute commitment to continuing to support BI's solid work with Dayz on console. It is a long road ahead, however, nothing is remotely as good as Dayz at capturing this unique experience which is for me the high point of FPS games. 

PS: Rabbits please!          

• Like 2

This f*cking game, it's all good for the role play sooks, try playing on a PvP server anyone shoots you get 10-15fps max if ur lucky,bullets don't register ammo cant be loaded into or out of mags. The aiming from 3rd to 1st is way out of alignment,the inventory and quick slot wheel is atrocious,laggy,multiple button presses to actually equip something to your hands or doesn't work at all untill u close inventory and open it again.

Loading into the game just freezes there are no bases around it just freezes on load in 3 times in a row.The list goes on and on.

When the F*ck are you guys actually  going to fix and improve your game?

BTW don't bother with broken bones or add that as an option for the role play sooks 99% of the time ur just going to suicide fuck this crap off.

Love the game & the additions to base building in 1.08. 

But unfortunately the Frame rate has taken a giant hit, if its windy in game i'm getting 20fps or lower. Its actually giving me motion sickness to play, the extreme head bop mixed with low fps is super close to making me hurl. 

Also had a lot of issues with building, not being able to complete walls, would be useful if it simple wont let you place a fence kit where you cant completely finish a wall. Quite often there is nothing blocking building it simply wont give the option.

Loving the communication from Bohemia & the Dev team, Sumrak is doing  great job as project lead. Baty was a beast at comms but the reduced team now are on it. So even though its a bit buggy, I understand that most of this update was done from home during Lockdown. So GG, hopefully the frames can get some TLC though soon as Im sitting with a bucket next to my sofa just to play lol.

Hotfix 3 is now being released for both consoles, servers should come back shortly.

Version: 1.08.153276 (14.07.2020)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: A possible server crash
  • Fixed: An issue with stacking items into items using swapping
  • Fixed: Micro freezes caused by loading of objects such as tents, cars and base building objects

CHANGED

• Tweaked: Temporarily disabled the sun shaft effect
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 1