benedictus

Cooking recipes (again) !

Bringing it up once again as I haven't seen a word about it in a while.

Cooking the ingredients together would give you more energy and water than eating them separately. Maybe having some type of Tupperware boxes or using already existing containers like jam jars where you can store the food so you wouldn't have to carry full pot of soup in you'r pockets.

Simple cooking recipe would look something like this:

Fish soup

1 cooking pot filled with water

2 potatoes

2 tomatoes

1 fish

Boil and eat. Bon Appétit.

• Sad 1
  • Beans 1

On 6/21/2020 at 9:25 AM, benedictus said:

Cooking the ingredients together would give you more energy and water than eating them separately. Maybe having some type of Tupperware boxes or using already existing containers like jam jars where you can store the food so you wouldn't have to carry full pot of soup in you'r pockets.

Fish soup

2 potatoes

2 tomatoes

1 fish

Great idea I'd also love to see some combination of food ingredients in game too. potatoes+meat could be a stew of sorts, pepper+zucchini+tomatoes+potatoes could become a salad of sorts. pear+apple+plum could become fruit salads lol man I like it I think your onto something there. this should definitely be looked into by the developers to give players a better variety on food consumption and energy gained from it.

Even better not only do they grant better energy then other foods, they could also have other stat boosting benefits, for example. 

Chicken Soup

Cooking pot with water
1 x Chicken Breast 
1 x Potatoes
1 x Zucchini 

Gives 1200 Cal 500 hydration and Boost immunity /cures Cold/Flu

You could have spicy food give you a heat buff or help clear cholera, because good for digestion. Have a beef stew increase blood regen as its full of Iron. 

The last few updates have been quiet PVP/ Raiding focused it would be nice to have more survival options. 

• Like 1

Simple idea that makes sense and would also encourage players to grow the extra ingredients. Then be rewarded by the benefits. Can't see why this would sadden anyone. 

• Like 1

Always a fan of complexity. Pretty sure it is planned, first things first though.

If anyone has Any recipe Ideas using current ingredients put it in here then there will be a list of ideas for devs to call on. Ive already done chicken soup so im gonna put a more silly one. 

Tuna baked potato
baked potato + tinned tuna. 
Has higher nutritional value then either a potato or tuna combined and is secretly the only cure for kuru. 

On 6/21/2020 at 11:25 AM, benedictus said:

Fish soup

2 potatoes

2 tomatoes

1 fish

This is a great suggestion, i've thought of it myself many times.

HOWEVER i dont think tomato goes into fish soup. I'm almost certain it doesnt.

2 hours ago, Shift said:

HOWEVER i dont think tomato goes into fish soup. I'm almost certain it doesnt.

Google tomato and fish soup ;)

I know i'm not the only one who drenches my fish n chips in ketchup, yum yum!

• Haha 1

On 8/9/2022 at 2:10 PM, lemmac said:

Google tomato and fish soup 😉

I know i'm not the only one who drenches my fish n chips in ketchup, yum yum!

You should try Clamato juice irl😬. Canadian I believe.

Lets face it we all love cooking and treating our toons to a quality meal. So how about adding a pickling mechanic, empty glass jars from jam or honey could be filled with vinegar and fish/veg/meat. Long life and no need for a fire to prepare. Mmmmh… rollmops!

Edit.

Gravalax! Salt, sugar, SALMON!

See the salmon jumping at the rivers, whip out your rod, catch and prepare. Mmmmmh… yum.

Edited by caik

yeah,i have been asking this for years but you know this is again called flavor or something.
beter food should not really cure any flu or diseases...maybe give some immunity against diseases.
maybe also give you food puff like warm of the fireplace gives you.
make a but more complex meat soup=like 15 minutes + sign at apple mark

I meant more like chicken soup giving you the same immunity boost as a multivitamin, heat boost from spicy food, Maybe blood regen from meaty iron rich dishes.