Marcy mark

I like this game but the lack of food is destroying it

This game is good and the concept is great but you literally have 45 mins or so from starting to find food. You dont get time to scavenge for other tools because you starve so quick it ruins the game. Theres no apples, mushrooms are non existent ive searched hay bales, trees, forest trails yet non to be found. Theres very very little livestock anywhere the only thing you can find if your lucky is a pear. Food needs to spawn more often and make the starvation process longer because your lucky if you survive a 12 hour in game time cycle. Its so frustrating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Food is everywhere. Boats on the beach greenhouses, infected, etc. But, if you're still finding it too challenging there are plenty of easy mode servers in community with ridiculously boosted loot and short nights. You can be armed to the teeth in ten minutes if that's really what you're looking for. 

If it’s a busy server the town you spawn in too may have been stripped of food, but just head inland as food becomes easier to find at the next inland villages. Also learn to cook so when you kill a chicken, wolf etc you can cook the meat. Add fat to a pan with meat for extra nourishment. You can also keep the cooked meat in clothing to help when it rains.

If you run up the coast you can find spaghetti, tuna, sardines or peaches in boats. Run up or down the coast and you should get enough to head inland. Or find an animal like a sheep or pig. Hit them with an axe or sledge hammer to kill them instantly. You can break sticks with your hands but youll need a knife to cut bark off trees. Make a hand drill kit and presto, fire. Roast those tasty little critters and you never go hungry again.

I agree, I'm new to the game but I have played about 12 hrs into it and so far all my deaths were from starvation. WHERES THE FOOD 

10 hours ago, lovewiz4rd2 said:

I agree, I'm new to the game but I have played about 12 hrs into it and so far all my deaths were from starvation. WHERES THE FOOD 

There are so many guides on here and reddit. Food is not an issue. You just have to be thorough. The only server I've ever starved on is Don Sibleys Try to Survive with 1/5 loot. Any other server shouldn't be an issue. 

• Like 1

I just started playing DayZ they really just want us to hunt fish not eat spaghetti sardines tuna and soda. This was the most helpful  tip. Learn how to get a knife  by any means . Club goats and chickens. Learn how to get fishing  hooks and build  fires knife is pretty much daily tool. Not joking a day ago I was in your shoes .... also. Freshys are crazy I starved two to death just being seen 

Edited by Ra.bo
Additional tip

On 5/19/2020 at 11:40 PM, Ra.bo said:

I just started playing DayZ they really just want us to hunt fish not eat spaghetti sardines tuna and soda. This was the most helpful  tip. Learn how to get a knife  by any means . Club goats and chickens. Learn how to get fishing  hooks and build  fires knife is pretty much daily tool. Not joking a day ago I was in your shoes .... also. Freshys are crazy I starved two to death just being seen 

Yea...Knife, bones, rags to rope. Literally all you need and there is more than enough water to fish....I heard you can even fish in water troughs or wells now...One of the problems is that people push inland not under-prepared but ignorant of the towns, cities and wild-game around them. I learned that certain spots will always spawn a goat or sheep in a area so there is always food around when I go to that area. I imagined people get turned around in circles and loose more time navigating.

The game is very tough for new players, the best tips I can offer is use  Izurvive to find potential animal spawns near the coast, always listen out for chickens as theyll sustain you until you find something more substantial. Also the biggest tip is learn the trails (Trails are shown on the Trail map on Izurvive) trails & train tracks spawn small stones, collect two, hold one in your hand & look at the other on the floor & it'll let you craft a stone knife. This will save your life as quite often the game will give you an animal before you find a knife. 

The spawn drops for food on dead Zombies & in natural spawn points has been reduced  a lot since release, just keep in mind its a hardcore survival game. the environment should be as deadly as other survivors. Keep plugging away  & trust me eventually you'll be a DayZ pro & you'll forget how hard it was & wish it was harder.

no just add more food the game 0ass fucked this for everyone because u got that many people that can not play the game is fucking for people that can play it 

1 hour ago, 999white999 said:

no just add more food the game 0ass fucked this for everyone because u got that many people that can not play the game is fucking for people that can play it 

What? 

13 hours ago, 999white999 said:

There is plenty of food around, if you are having problems with it then its because you either are running to all the wrong places or expect to be able to run to NWAF at the second you spawn with a Bambi-character.

I usually run with just a little bit of food (about two big cans worth) and then I eat what I find on zombies and in houses and its very rare I have to dip into my supplies at all.

You are doing it wrong if you keep dying from hunger, ain't no two ways about it.

I've managed to make it as far inland as severograd today, i found a lot of food, seems the further inland you go the more food you find, so just keep truckin bro! It's gets better.

Animal fat goes a long way. Kill a cow, or even better a pack of wolves if you survive the attack. cook and store the meat for later. I usually just keep 2 animal fat on me. It will last hours if you just eat half at a time. 

as a fresh character the first thing you wanna do is get a knife, makeshift a stone knife from 2 small pebbles (found on train tracks and trails) and get a melee weapon, although not essential it makes zombie killing easier. and as you progress around the map dont run, running only spends your food quicker, and dont  i repeat DONT avoid zombies, you can punch your way through most zombie encounters (but the melee weapon helps massively here) and they are the best source of tinned food and basic survival goods for any beginner, THEN you can focus on making your way inland and killing an animal for steaks and fat. 

I used to feel the same way, that there was never any food around.  But now, with some more hours under my belt, it's not so bad, sure I still starve to death, or die of thirst, but it's usually because I am not paining attention. Guns seems to be my problem at the moment.  Last night I have plenty of attachments for various guns and a couple of various mags, but could not find a single weapon to pair them with.  Lol.  Guess the fire axe will have to do for now.  

As has been said already, keep at it. You will learn how the games works and survive longer.  The biggest killer for me in this game are all the KOS players treating it like PUBG!  

The best option is to find a "temporary" style server, low pop.  Gear up with food in that server then hop into your preferred server.  It's easier to get through the start of the game this way.

There's no food, no nothing. No animals no trees no fruit. NOTHING. The hunger meter has you starve in a few hours game time. It's RUBBISH.

25 minutes ago, Crankgorilla said:

There's no food, no nothing. No animals no trees no fruit. NOTHING. The hunger meter has you starve in a few hours game time. It's RUBBISH.

Sounds like you are not looking in the right places.  There is plenty of food on the map.  The problem for a new spawn, food wise, is getting to the areas with food and having the appropriate equipment to use/harvest the food.

Do not loot industrial areas for any length of time when you are a fresh spawn, they are food deserts.  Don't try to head away from the coast without decent clothes and some supplies on you.  If that is the only area near you try killing the zombies for their loot.  Hopefully they have some food.  There are food trees in the game but I rarely use them.  As a fresh spawn I make my way to a city, kill zombies, and loot for food.  Fishing is great if you have the gear.  It requires time and gear though so I don't think it is practical for a brand new spawn.  I just filled 2 dry bags and a mountain pack with dried fish filets at my base.   

If you are in a city with kiosks check them for food.  If you are in a city, like Cherno, check the little police dept/jails for food.  (not sure what you call those buildings)  Check the churches for food.

On 12/7/2020 at 7:53 PM, VodkaFish said:

Sounds like you are not looking in the right places.  There is plenty of food on the map.  The problem for a new spawn, food wise, is getting to the areas with food and having the appropriate equipment to use/harvest the food.

Do not loot industrial areas for any length of time when you are a fresh spawn, they are food deserts.  Don't try to head away from the coast without decent clothes and some supplies on you.  If that is the only area near you try killing the zombies for their loot.  Hopefully they have some food.  There are food trees in the game but I rarely use them.  As a fresh spawn I make my way to a city, kill zombies, and loot for food.  Fishing is great if you have the gear.  It requires time and gear though so I don't think it is practical for a brand new spawn.  I just filled 2 dry bags and a mountain pack with dried fish filets at my base.   

If you are in a city with kiosks check them for food.  If you are in a city, like Cherno, check the little police dept/jails for food.  (not sure what you call those buildings)  Check the churches for food.

I'll take your tips on board. Last time I tried sticking to the coast I starved to death with a fishing rod in my hand and no shovel to get worms. They need shellfish, like clams or mussels to scavenge.

They need to model some proper fruit trees. That was confusing. Sometimes there Is no food at all. It has been picked clean. Sometimes I get spawned in a forest and there's nothing. Just death. I'm beginning to love to hate this game.

You can dig worms with a machete, probably a pickaxe as well.  As a freshie I use zombie loot, gardens, and cities for food.

Fastest way to find food if your starving and have no tools is fruit trees around houses. Esp in areas that have been looted hard by other players. I play one server that has the loot turned so low a whole town only has a couple items of loot and the loot respawn seems like days. Almost no clothes spawn in as well, so no food that way. Makes official servers feel like it's raining food...