Greensek

DayZ in 2020

12 hours ago, drgullen said:

I can assure you I have read that post.

@Alex Heyne made the suggestion to add a draisine to the game.  Given the fact that the rail system is already in place, I should think adding this type of transportation mode would be much easier than a helicopter or bicycle.

I thought it was a terrific idea and flagged you to suggest it to the devs.  I can assure you that I won't do that ever again since, based on your replies here, the community trying to share ideas with you folks is pointless now it seems.  You've dictated to us what will happen and there's clearly no room for maneuvering from that plan.

It's a shame, really.  Ideas like this keep the game alive.  It'll soon be dead with you folks running the show, though.

I always pass the suggestions to the dev team, what I'm trying to say is that a new transportation is very a complex element to add to the game, and at the moment, it's not realistic to expect it to happen anytime soon.

We are in the beginning of 2020, and dealing with what we all know, things can take more time to happen.

Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome, I just want to be honest with you when I receive suggestion to add something like a new vehicle into the game.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 8:35 AM, Greensek said:

livonia5.jpg

Hello Survivors,

The release of the DayZ Livonia DLC, together with Game Update 1.06, was a big moment for DayZ, and we are delighted to see the positive reception so far. We saw a record number of players enjoying the game around the new year, and were pleasantly surprised by your support in the Steam Awards 2019, where DayZ won the "Better With Friends" category. This news has certainly given us a lot of motivation for the new year, and as things are already moving forward fast, it is time we talk about DayZ in 2020.

But before delving into that, let's talk about the changes in our development team. As outlined in our Bohemia in 2019 blog post, Enfusion technology will power all of Bohemia Interactive's future titles, and to support it, some team members moved to work fully on it last June, leaving DayZ with a much smaller development team consisting of seasoned developers across various departments. While this change has obviously affected the overall development, make no mistake, the team is full of passionate people who want to make DayZ the best game it can be with the time and resources available. We are happy with what we achieved in 2019, and we are very excited about 2020.

So, what about 2020? The most important thing is that we are going to continue with the post-release support of DayZ in 2020. But, as last year's schedule was pretty busy for us, we would like to dedicate more time for each update this year and thus will leave bigger gaps between the updates to make sure we have more time to prepare for all platforms, which leaves us currently at 5 Game Updates planned for this year.

This year, the development will focus on stability, bug fixing, and gameplay improvements, along with some new small-scale content. Please keep in mind that our policy on announcing exact release dates – or when a feature is coming – will not change. We will only make said announcements when we are certain we can deliver within a reasonable time frame – which usually means a feature is already well into its production.

livonia6.jpg

Stability

Last year, we had ups and downs regarding the stability of both clients and servers on all platforms. We will continue to monitor this and take any action necessary to ensure the best possible gameplay experience for our players.

Bug fixing

DayZ is a complex beast of a game and bug fixing is a constant necessity – therefore, we'll continue our best efforts to squash as many bugs as we can. The last Game Update introduced some major issues with the inventory manipulations, so fixing this is our top priority with the next Game Update. We are also well aware of several issues tied to the vehicle handling (e.g. physics, simulation) in the game, and we are looking into the options we have to tackle these.

Gameplay improvements

There are several features in DayZ that are in dire need of improvement and/or balancing. We do have a huge library of items and a lot of versatile systems already implemented, but many of them are heavily underused. There is huge potential here as these changes often impact the gameplay in a big way, and so we intend to continue our efforts in going through various systems, focusing strongly on the survival aspect of the game. To give you a few examples of areas we intend to look into:

• Base Building is a big part of the game for many of you and we intend to focus on fixing most common issues, proceed with the overall balance pass, and perhaps even add some new toys to play with.
  • The impact of the environment on characters is not yet in the state we want it to be, and so we intend to proceed with numerous improvements and balancing changes to make the so called "environment exposure" a much more interesting part of the game.
  • We intend to make several quality-of-life improvements for cooking by, for example, implementing direct cooking slots (grill), adjusting lifetimes of different fireplace stages, and even offering more types of indoor ovens.
  • We also intend to look into the systems surrounding diseases and their symptoms to make sure they are better balanced, utilised, and perhaps even expand them a bit.

livonia1.jpg

Modding support

Modding is a huge part of the game and we intend to continue supporting the needs of our very creative community. Every Game Update contains several additions or changes to support various community creations. To give you some examples of what are we looking at in terms of modding:

• We will unlock the server mission folder for full modifications on console community servers. This should give console server owners total control over the Central Economy and the ability to add custom locations to the existing maps.
  • We will release our animation rig in fbx format and p3d samples of male and female character body parts.
  • As teased in our 2019 blog post about the game update, we intend to finalise the full implementation of the server browser with full mod support in the official DayZ Launcher. If all goes through, this launcher update will significantly improve the accessibility to modded servers.

New content

While we will prioritise stability, bug fixing, and improving/balancing existing features this year, it does not necessarily mean there won't be anything new coming to the game. To keep the Game Updates interesting enough (for both you and us), we need to mix things up from time to time by adding something new between our bug-squashing and system-adjusting efforts. We can provide a few examples, which you can expect in 2020:

• We intend to continue adding more of the original and/or new firearms into the game.
  • We know how important broken body parts (legs in particular) are to the overall DayZ experience, and we intend to bring this mechanic back to the game.
  • We know how much you like the new vehicle wrecks on Livonia, so we will add them to Chernarus.

ap_3.2.jpg

And finally, let's take a quick look at the upcoming Game Update 1.07, slated for release this February. This one is a bit lighter than usual, as its primary focus is on delivering much-needed fixes to the inventory issues (introduced with the Game Update 1.06). But it also introduces the first batch of fixes, balancing, and improvements for Base Building. There are also improvements for the nighttime lighting (giving options to server owners), amusement parks on Chernarus, a new weapon, general balancing, bug fixing, and various goodies for our modding community. We have got experimental servers already running the build, so if you own DayZ on PC, please hop on these and let us know how it went on the official forums and the feedback tracker.

On behalf of the DayZ team,

Adam.

Hey there! I first played Day Z on my brothers computer in 2013 when it was a beta and I played maybe 5-6 life’s and I will say the game has came a VERY long way. But with that being said 2013 till now is a very long time. Triple A games take a long time to build but let’s be honest not this long... ever. I believe this game can go somewhere with the help of micro transactions. This game is not near worth the $50 They are charging (not even close with bugs) I’m trying to convince every friend I have to buy this game but they refuse to spend $50. Dont charge $50.

If you wanna make money off this game to pay more developers to work on it and make this game really the best it can be( one of the best games ever made possibly) then use microtansactions. I don’t get how this isn’t implemented yet? Yeah you make money from servers but not nearly enough. Add in cosmetics, tattoos, scars, Emotes... make people able to fully customize their character even if they’ll spawn in an die of thirst or hunger in the first 15 minutes.

Also I’m not racist but why use Russian spelling? Or W.E it is I cannot pronounce one town do you know how difficult it is to tell a friend where you are at? Everything looks the exact same too. This game is not user friendly at all an how is someone who has no idea about Day Z supposed to know what to do? Where to even look for food cause it’s so hard to see unless you know how the loot spawns. A lot of work to be done but there is more money to be made. Think like your in the business to make money an you will see progress. 

FIX THE BUGS, FIX THE HYDRATION AND HUNGER( diminish way too fast) AND ADD MICROTANSACTIONS THINK MONEY( and charging $50 for this broke game is not thinking money) 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JakeyBoiXbox said:

Hey there! I first played Day Z on my brothers computer in 2013 when it was a beta and I played maybe 5-6 life’s and I will say the game has came a VERY long way. But with that being said 2013 till now is a very long time. Triple A games take a long time to build but let’s be honest not this long... ever. I believe this game can go somewhere with the help of micro transactions. This game is not near worth the $50 They are charging (not even close with bugs) I’m trying to convince every friend I have to buy this game but they refuse to spend $50. Dont charge $50.

If you wanna make money off this game to pay more developers to work on it and make this game really the best it can be( one of the best games ever made possibly) then use microtansactions. I don’t get how this isn’t implemented yet? Yeah you make money from servers but not nearly enough. Add in cosmetics, tattoos, scars, Emotes... make people able to fully customize their character even if they’ll spawn in an die of thirst or hunger in the first 15 minutes.

Also I’m not racist but why use Russian spelling? Or W.E it is I cannot pronounce one town do you know how difficult it is to tell a friend where you are at? Everything looks the exact same too. This game is not user friendly at all an how is someone who has no idea about Day Z supposed to know what to do? Where to even look for food cause it’s so hard to see unless you know how the loot spawns. A lot of work to be done but there is more money to be made. Think like your in the business to make money an you will see progress. 

FIX THE BUGS, FIX THE HYDRATION AND HUNGER( diminish way too fast) AND ADD MICROTANSACTIONS THINK MONEY( and charging $50 for this broke game is not thinking money) 

I’ll charge you £10 per Micro to stop your hunger going down.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, JakeyBoiXbox said:

Key word is cosmetics I’ll pay you $10 to not say anything stupid 

Make it £10 and you’ve got yourself a deal! Plus it’s not stupid, micros can effect game changing elements in cases, tends to be more with Mobile Apps though.

I am not against additional paid content in the game, for example, a finished car or a garage with civil loot.

Can add paid content in the form of exclusive clothing, improved stamina, health, and regeneration options.

There is nothing wrong with paid content, the main thing is to do it in a balanced way.

Edited by maxon-69

On 3/23/2020 at 8:12 AM, JakeyBoiXbox said:

Russian writing aka Cyrillic is for immersion sake and it would not make sense to have it in latinic... please don't change this and it will never change first as a citizen of a country that uses both Latin and Cyrilic ( Serbia ) i can read Russian and i like it... i love it... it's unique and Chernarus feels like home to me and every time i see someone make a mod that changes the signs to latin i cringe so hard.. it's not Chinese! you can easily decipher this it's fun... back in the day you had a book in the game where it was like an alphabet so you will actually learn Russian letters in game 😛 you know like a dictionary... i guess people don't know about this... i hope devs will give huge like notice about that book when they re-add the books in the game so you can read them so people can actually use that book to help with the gameplay which is cool af but like a huge part of the Dayz community don't need it xD like me for example or Russians

• Like 1

Microtransactions does not fit all games. I know it helps keep the revenue coming, enabling continued development and support, but I dearly hope nothing of the sort ever comes to DayZ. We do not want folks running around in pink onesies in Chernarus, or even worse (like someone suggested) purchases that actually affect game mechanics, making the game essentially pay-to-win. 🤮

I would prefer a monthly subscription to that crap every day of the week.

Anyway I seriously doubt Bohemia would ever consider it for DayZ, it is simply not a game you can fit micro-transactions into without damaging the game core. In Vigor it works, as with any session-based run-n-gun game. For DayZ, paid DLC will likely be the main source of recurring revenue. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if Survivor GameZ makes another comeback in a year or two, but as a standalone game without the constrictions of DayZ's hybrid engine, enormous map and survival/persistence mechanics. What the SG alpha lacked (other than functional matchmaking) was replay value, add map variety and better server performance (doable with smaller dedicated maps) and they could have a hit. If and when SG returns it will probably have cosmetic microtransactions.

Edited by Derleth

Jesus christ you people are children. All I hear is whining and complaining. I will admit it's good to hear that because it shows you care...but it is also annoying.

Perhaps offer solutions to issues that are realistic and sound. This is a community after and shitting on the devs 24/7 isnt really going to help anything.

We forget that this company isnt bethseda or Activision. Yes they have made a few million however, they also have to spend in back on updating technology and employee retention.

If all new content is free and they're not selling many game copies anymore then profits are lost and updates are slow. I bought livonia a few times because alot of players refused to buy because "bugs meh, crashes meh, I'm entitled meh" as fans who want better Dayz we should've jumped on their premium dlc knowing that doing so keeps the company afloat and progress made. But no. 80% of you are toxic and have zero idea of anything.

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2020 at 6:52 PM, Grants said:

Jesus christ you people are children. All I hear is whining and complaining. I will admit it's good to hear that because it shows you care...but it is also annoying.

Perhaps offer solutions to issues that are realistic and sound. This is a community after and shitting on the devs 24/7 isnt really going to help anything.

We forget that this company isnt bethseda or Activision. Yes they have made a few million however, they also have to spend in back on updating technology and employee retention.

If all new content is free and they're not selling many game copies anymore then profits are lost and updates are slow. I bought livonia a few times because alot of players refused to buy because "bugs meh, crashes meh, I'm entitled meh" as fans who want better Dayz we should've jumped on their premium dlc knowing that doing so keeps the company afloat and progress made. But no. 80% of you are toxic and have zero idea of anything.

Have you even been keeping up with this long winded 7 year development ? They haven’t even kept their promises from day one . Where’s helicopters ? Where’s zombie hordes ? Where’s contaminated zones ? Where’s barricading ? Where’s advanced soft skills ? Why is this game still a shallow run and gun simulator with NO AERIAL vehicles when the dayz mod had all these things 8 years ago?

Why do people still give this shit game a chance? I have about 3 k hours spent in this game and the mod put together and I have to say I’m so disappointed at how these devs worked their game . We thought over three years ago we’d have a feature complete game - but yet we are ALMOST 7 YEARS INTO DEVELOPMENT AND WERE STILL NO CLOSER TO FULL FEATURE THAN WE WERE 2 YEARS AGO .

Just let that sink In people , 7 years , over 10 million in sales and they can’t even finish the goddamn game , but they CAN charge for a shitty map that looks like vanilla chernarus , and they can and do ban hammer people like me who dislike how the game was managed . We should have had a feature complete game by 2020 , But they screwed us and couldn’t even add aerial vehicles - something that was done being animated and coded over 2 years ago btw . 

Steam charts are dropping again due to hackers , no visible progress or roadmap for 2020 , and this is all in a time when millions are staying at home during quarantine so if anything numbers should be going up ... devs you better give us something soon or you can kiss 20k concurrent players GOODBYE come 2021 as you see your shallow game die due to lack of updates and visible progress towards what it was supposed to be (hint: it was supposed to be more than this shallow hacker infested shoot em up).

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Thanks 1

On 3/20/2020 at 6:27 AM, Greensek said:

I always pass the suggestions to the dev team, what I'm trying to say is that a new transportation is very a complex element to add to the game, and at the moment, it's not realistic to expect it to happen anytime soon.

We are in the beginning of 2020, and dealing with what we all know, things can take more time to happen.

Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome, I just want to be honest with you when I receive suggestion to add something like a new vehicle into the game.

Yup keep pretending you aren’t the brownshirts of the dayz forums my man .. you’re TOTALLY not trying to stifle the naysayers or anything while your fat cat bosses sit on the Millions we gave them without even giving us a freaking roadmap for 2020..

It’s honestly sickening seeing as I was a dedicated fan just years ago believing all the devs words that we would have a feature complete game by 2018 , and then 2019 and then oops we don’t do roadmaps anymore in 2020 ....  now with hackers infesting the game more than Tarkov 2 years ago there’s little to no interest in playing this game when I can just play any of the dozen other survival games just like it .

Dayz should have been the unique forefront of the survival genre , after all dayz mod was great , but all of the dayz devs from 2013-2016 have either left the project or went silent so I should have known original scope of the game was abandoned so they could make quick money off of the teeny bopper console crowd.

Goodbye helicopters , soft skills , quarantined zones and barricading - we hardly knew ye.

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, MaxwellHouse69420 said:

Have you even been keeping up with this long winded 7 year development ? They haven’t even kept their promises from day one . Where’s helicopters ? Where’s zombie hordes ? Where’s contaminated zones ? Where’s barricading ? Where’s advanced soft skills ? Why is this game still a shallow run and gun simulator with NO AERIAL vehicles when the dayz mod had all these things 8 years ago?

Why do people still give this shit game a chance? I have about 3 k hours spent in this game and the mod put together and I have to say I’m so disappointed at how these devs worked their game . We thought over three years ago we’d have a feature complete game - but yet we are ALMOST 7 YEARS INTO DEVELOPMENT AND WERE STILL NO CLOSER TO FULL FEATURE THAN WE WERE 2 YEARS AGO .

Just let that sink In people , 7 years , over 10 million in sales and they can’t even finish the goddamn game , but they CAN charge for a shitty map that looks like vanilla chernarus , and they can and do ban hammer people like me who dislike how the game was managed . We should have had a feature complete game by 2020 , But they screwed us and couldn’t even add aerial vehicles - something that was done being animated and coded over 2 years ago btw . 

Steam charts are dropping again due to hackers , no visible progress or roadmap for 2020 , and this is all in a time when millions are staying at home during quarantine so if anything numbers should be going up ... devs you better give us something soon or you can kiss 20k concurrent players GOODBYE come 2021 as you see your shallow game die due to lack of updates and visible progress towards what it was supposed to be (hint: it was supposed to be more than this shallow hacker infested shoot em up).

yeah... about aerial vehicles being animated and coded... you can throw that code straight outta window because it's useless in the new engine because of the different programming language... if they put that code into the game it would either not work or crash the game... they literally started from scratch with the engine... basically reseting development time to around 3 years not 7... reason why it worked and they showed off a demo of it was because it was on the engine of another game called Take on Helicopters... basically ArmA 2 engine.. mods from ArmA worked in DayZ before but since like 0.60 they don't... so yeah... about that code for helicopters... it's unusable now... remember how V3S was in the game? go try Community Offline Mode.. and spawn V3S and try to use it.. it's bugged to shit because of new engine they did so code has to be rewritten from scratch... same with the bus..
Also Sumrak is now Project Lead we will get better game till end of this year... but we also got Corona kicking in so stuff will probably be delayed xD and you can't blame Corona on Bohemia so yeah

14 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

yeah... about aerial vehicles being animated and coded... you can throw that code straight outta window because it's useless in the new engine because of the different programming language... if they put that code into the game it would either not work or crash the game... they literally started from scratch with the engine... basically reseting development time to around 3 years not 7... reason why it worked and they showed off a demo of it was because it was on the engine of another game called Take on Helicopters... basically ArmA 2 engine.. mods from ArmA worked in DayZ before but since like 0.60 they don't... so yeah... about that code for helicopters... it's unusable now... remember how V3S was in the game? go try Community Offline Mode.. and spawn V3S and try to use it.. it's bugged to shit because of new engine they did so code has to be rewritten from scratch... same with the bus..
Also Sumrak is now Project Lead we will get better game till end of this year... but we also got Corona kicking in so stuff will probably be delayed xD and you can't blame Corona on Bohemia so yeah 

All of this looks like an argument. But the content that is in the game often does not work properly. A character’s interaction with content can often have no interaction, or produce an incorrect result in the interaction, or use as an exploit.
- If the game has vertical stairs, then the character should not lose interaction with her on the server restart or client failure.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140405
- If there are cars in the game, then the character should not take damage or death near the car.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149468

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149782
- If the game has fishing gear and a hook, I must not remove the hook from the gear to attach the worm

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T146556
This list goes on for a very long time. Similar, not well-thought-out aspects of the game, incomplete interaction with the environment, or any non-logical interaction - indicate the absence of internal verification before release. All this looks from a completely different perspective than what you are writing about.

Operate items in an improper way

Edited by lex__1

On 3/26/2020 at 5:28 AM, Derleth said:

Microtransactions does not fit all games. I know it helps keep the revenue coming, enabling continued development and support, but I dearly hope nothing of the sort ever comes to DayZ. We do not want folks running around in pink onesies in Chernarus, or even worse (like someone suggested) purchases that actually affect game mechanics, making the game essentially pay-to-win. 🤮

I would prefer a monthly subscription to that crap every day of the week.

Anyway I seriously doubt Bohemia would ever consider it for DayZ, it is simply not a game you can fit micro-transactions into without damaging the game core. In Vigor it works, as with any session-based run-n-gun game. For DayZ, paid DLC will likely be the main source of recurring revenue. Also, I wouldn't be too surprised if Survivor GameZ makes another comeback in a year or two, but as a standalone game without the constrictions of DayZ's hybrid engine, enormous map and survival/persistence mechanics. What the SG alpha lacked (other than functional matchmaking) was replay value, add map variety and better server performance (doable with smaller dedicated maps) and they could have a hit. If and when SG returns it will probably have cosmetic microtransactions.

The thing is they’ve lowered the Dev team due to no revenue, this game is still broken an if left like this is a huge waste of time and money. I see what your saying that certain micro transactions are not for all games but I’m also not paying for a game every month, I’d rather pay one time for something and that be it🤷🏻‍♂️ That way no one can complain or pay for the same broke game every month that is a terrible idea. This game can easily be the top money earner in the industry an be able to have more developers working on it making it better. Wouldn’t you like to play day z bug free? Not have to chop a body up to get the firearm off of someone? Not have items glitch into a tent and have to wait for a server restart to get it out? Or shooting someone point blank and your bullets ghost fire? fight a zombie an not have to spin in circles with it? (Console) Be able to drive a car with more than 60 people on the server? Open a door an not glitch into it? Zombies not glitch through doors while you bandaging up in a house? And the list goes on for bugs but let’s talk about updates they can add, bicycling, broken bones, books, more loot items and guns? Different buildings? Boats?  I understand that pc has items console can’t get... where’s the mod support? It’s not that money’s everything but they need money to pay people work on the game. It’s that simple they’ve had since 2013 atleast to think of ways to make money an all they can come up with is servers (high pop only $50) an charging an over priced $50 for the game itself that’s getting raped! I think it is the best game I’ve played in a while an no they should never ever charge to give people boost that’s worse of an idea than charging $50 for the game. Paid to win will literally be the last nail in the coffin for this game. I hope the devs see this an can understand where I’m  coming from. Idk why your bosses don’t like money guys🤷🏻‍♂️ Idk why they don’t want more people working on this already very well thought out game! 

7 hours ago, lex__1 said:

All of this looks like an argument. But the content that is in the game often does not work properly. A character’s interaction with content can often have no interaction, or produce an incorrect result in the interaction, or use as an exploit.
- If the game has vertical stairs, then the character should not lose interaction with her on the server restart or client failure.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T140405
- If there are cars in the game, then the character should not take damage or death near the car.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149468

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T149782
- If the game has fishing gear and a hook, I must not remove the hook from the gear to attach the worm

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T146556
This list goes on for a very long time. Similar, not well-thought-out aspects of the game, incomplete interaction with the environment, or any non-logical interaction - indicate the absence of internal verification before release. All this looks from a completely different perspective than what you are writing about.

Operate items in an improper way

that's true but still...

Well,

I see that they aren't one single official answers to all these posts.

Didn't came back since 1.0 and later since the release of Livonia (still haven't bought it)

Played with a couple friend recently, I even gifted the game to a friend so he can play with us and discover the game, because despite the status of the current game, you should play DayZ once in your life before dying IRL.

Without speaking of the bugs (some really old ones are still there...), the game have made some good progress. That's why I'm currently playing it again.

But I'm still disappointed by Bohemia... when I'm reading this kind of post.... It's really hard guys.

I will keep hope until you completely stop the development. And when you will, if I'm still disappointed by you, then you won't see me again, I mean, ever guys. I will harm myself not to play your future ARMA games, that is how I will be hurt by you.

Still no Aerials ? Am I speaking to Bohemia here ? ARMA ? Take On Helicopters ? Really ? No guys, this isn't serious at all. And Aerials are just a details, but it is telling a lot of things...

I do not think that you ever realized that you had the best game ever in your hands... I really don't understand all the strategical decisions that you made since the beginning.

It is clearly a shame that you rely on modders to make this game what it should be.

Don't get me wrong, I still have a little bit of hope, but the size of my hope is in nanometer and it is fading away.

Please, bohemia, open your eyes for the first time and finish this game, please.

I still love you................................................................................................................................

PS: for fun, I am keeping track of the versioning on my teamspeak server : 1.07 = 0.71

PS2: (And to the guy who is saying to us: "you are children always crying". Yeah, yeah, sure, it's true. I was the first one to say this, to everyone on the internet and to my own friends, I stopped. I won't show you pictures of my private parts for you to see the damages they made to me and to us 🙂 It's normal if I'm crying.)

PS3: Sorry for this love/hate comment... I really still love you.............

PS4: Take care of all of you with this shitty virus ongoing. Yeah, we are just talking of a videogame here, nothing really important. Take care.

Edited by idie
  • Like 3

Im pretty sure i speak for most console users here. We want the unreleased vehicles and cannabis into the game so Australia has banned the game for cannabis being in it big deal. Please add the items back in the game. We want to experience the full day z experience not just parts of it

1 hour ago, Shawn Murray said:

Im pretty sure i speak for most console users here. We want the unreleased vehicles and cannabis into the game so Australia has banned the game for cannabis being in it big deal. Please add the items back in the game. We want to experience the full day z experience not just parts of it

Er, unreleased vehicles? Console version is identical to PC. You just don't have mods and never will, so if you want to smoke pot in-game you'll need to get a PC or face disappointment.

• Haha 2

Since many features wre removed, butchered or remain missing, modding is the only way to play this game now anyway

stop adding unnecessary items to anyone, fix bugs, hands always break, interaction with objects is bad, then the doors do not close when pressed.

• Thanks 1

Can we expect a new DayZ update (or at least Experimental testing) before May?
It's been over 2 months since the 1.07 update now...

2 hours ago, vitdom said:

Can we expect a new DayZ update (or at least Experimental testing) before May?
It's been over 2 months since the 1.07 update now...

updates come out in like 3-4 months apart... next update is probably in May... so no.. maybe Experimental before May and Stable in May... but 100% sure next update is in May 

Just got this game on console recently after playing back in 2015 or so on PC. I really enjoy this game and actually split on a community server with some clan members of mine, but we are having a really hard time going in the game so far.

I thought water wells were supposed to be clean water? I spent hours and hours getting a decent survivor up and running and was even setting up to build a base then all of a sudden I get some bacteria from filling up my bottle at a well in Svetlo and couldn't stop puking. I had charcoal tablets as I thought that was supposed to help gut bacteria and food poisoning. But no, it just ended up killing me and a friend after we just puked up all the food and water we tried to consume. 

Is there at least a chart or list somewhere that tells us the causes, and cures for all the new diseases. 

And please, as someone who really loves and hopefully will still enjoy playing and surviving. Will you maybe consider making the diseases a little bit less destructive? It's already hard enough to survive and we can barely even meet up with each other without something happening that is largely effecting our ability to enjoy and get somewhere in the game like base building and farming etc. 

Please, please consider lowering the diseases and bacteria effect to not be so deadly. We already have to fend off players and zeds, weather and starvation, hunger.. We don't want to die from finally finding a well to drink from too.

4 hours ago, RiddlerTO said:

I thought water wells were supposed to be clean water?

They are clean. But completely empty a found bottle before! (water in found bottle can be infected) Look at your feet with the bottle in your hand, then comes the option to pour out.

And always remember that your hands are clean. Eating something with bloody hands also causes illness. If you keep this in mind you will never actually get sick. Except for the common cold, which is only annoying and not fatal.

So, at this point we can say vehicles will never work? I'm trully shocked by this, GTA San Andreas Multiplayer (2004), 16 years old game have multiple functional vehicles (including Helicopters, Boats etc..) but Dayz in 2020 cannot. I'm...speechless.

Edited by kevo1414
  • Like 1