Zalic

Hunting

Is there a spot on bores, cows or deer that will drop them in one shot. I've been going for the head but cant seem to drop them that way with a single shot. Darn things alway run away too fast and i can't keep up. Im tired of knifing sheep.

No, there's no such spot. You used to be able to shoot them in the head, but they increased the health of the head significantly. Head on red deer, for example, used to be able to take only 25 damage, now it takes 170 damage. That's almost 7x as tough.

6 hours ago, Zalic said:

Is there a spot on bores, cows or deer that will drop them in one shot. I've been going for the head but cant seem to drop them that way with a single shot. Darn things alway run away too fast and i can't keep up. Im tired of knifing sheep.

What gun are you using? Mosin and blaze drops them in one shot every time

• Beans 1

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

What gun are you using? Mosin and blaze drops them in one shot every time

What were you aiming at as I shot a cow with a Tundra at 100m in the head and it didn't go down, so I had to hit it again same spot before it went down 🙂

1 hour ago, FearFokkol said:

What were you aiming at as I shot a cow with a Tundra at 100m in the head and it didn't go down, so I had to hit it again same spot before it went down 🙂

The deer I shot the other day was possibly head shot but it was quite a way off without a scope so not entirely sure. Could've been chest. Shot a couple of beasts with the blaze and it always seems to give them the good news. 

58 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

The deer I shot the other day was possibly head shot but it was quite a way off without a scope so not entirely sure. Could've been chest. Shot a couple of beasts with the blaze and it always seems to give them the good news. 

Ah ok, well will give it try 🙂

A single Bullet from a Mosin gets the job done. Right between the eyes. 

23 minutes ago, McWendy said:

A single Bullet from a Mosin gets the job done. Right between the eyes. 

Ok but the Mosin and the Tundra should be on similar level with regards to damage?

40 minutes ago, FearFokkol said:

Ok but the Mosin and the Tundra should be on similar level with regards to damage?

Yes i would think so. I was merely adding a yes it can be done to the thread. 

12 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Yes i would think so. I was merely adding a yes it can be done to the thread. 

Ah ok cool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Are we able to fire both rounds of the blaze at the same time on console? 

Yes, press left on dpad to change fire selector - the blaze and double barrel shotgun can be set to fire both at once

• Thanks 1

I've use a mosin but i just found the blaze. Gonna try to one tap them with bith berrels. I just hope i dont ruin the meat.