thepoey

Dev Question about Livonia; Fresh Characters?

I've heard chatter that characters and loot existing on Chernarus will transfer over to Livonia when it releases; is this true, or will characters start fresh on Livonia?

Personally, I REALLY hope we get fresh characters on the new map and that Chernarus and Livonia are two separate hives. It seems like the fastest way to devolve gameplay on Livonia into a north spawn death match is for characters to start fully geared, rather than starting everyone on equal footing. But curious what the final word is or what's planned. 

Thanks y'all!

@ImpulZ @Greensek  @Tom_48_97 

• Like 1

I suspect that this will be up to server owners/admins.    

I know our server when it moves to Livonia (whenever it finally drops!! hint hint devs) we will have fresh spawns as we will have to have a full server wipe to install the map.   I suspect greatly this to be true on most servers.

anyways that's my opinion so take it or leave it (except the hint to devs  hurry up!!!!)

8 minutes ago, mother1977 said:

I know our server when it moves to Livonia (whenever it finally drops!! hint hint devs) we will have fresh spawns as we will have to have a full server wipe to install the map.   I suspect greatly this to be true on most servers.

anyways that's my opinion so take it or leave it (except the hint to devs  hurry up!!!!)

Right, but I was thinking more on official servers, since console players don't have option on official channels

• Like 1

Let me tell you a whimsical tale.  It's of a magical world where Chernarus and Livonia coexist in harmony within one central economy.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, thepoey said:

I've heard chatter that characters and loot existing on Chernarus will transfer over to Livonia when it releases; is this true, or will characters start fresh on Livonia?

Personally, I REALLY hope we get fresh characters on the new map and that Chernarus and Livonia are two separate hives. It seems like the fastest way to devolve gameplay on Livonia into a north spawn death match is for characters to start fully geared, rather than starting everyone on equal footing. But curious what the final word is or what's planned. 

Thanks y'all!

@ImpulZ @Greensek  @Tom_48_97 

New servers, new hives. You will start fresh in the north, nothing will transfer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mother1977 said:

From what I've heard you can just roll your server back like 24 hours and this works as far as getting the new update stuff 

If my chenarus character carries over he going to have to bite the end of his tundra. 

I want to start fresh on the new map

I got my answer. 

"Server Situation

The Game Update 1.06 won't require any character nor storage (map items) wipes, your gear will remain. On official servers, you will be able to join Chernarus and Livonia servers with the same character. "

Sucks, man. The "struggle to survive" on Livonia is going to be completely useless. What's the point? You can just gear up at your base on Chernarus, or anywhere else, and head on over to Livonia, (which isn't even counting the massive duping problems on Consoles where people have tons of gear on them and completely screw up the loot economy) and Livonia is just going to turn into Spawn Deathmatch on Day One.

The two maps should be separate hives. Transferring your character over is a bad, bad, bad, decision.  

Edited by thepoey

@thepoey

I totally agree. 

Additionally, there should be no server join time increase for changing from a Chernarus server to a livonia server and vice versa, imo. 

Same deal for changing from official to community... 

• Beans 1

13 hours ago, Parazight said:

Let me tell you a whimsical tale.  It's of a magical world where Chernarus and Livonia coexist in harmony within one central economy.  

Your a fucking legend bro. I love your posts.

• Thanks 1