mart1n1

ok, bohemia, here's how you revive your dead game

make official servers interesting for people to play.

make it so that people can find guns.

remove the burying and stashing of guns.

make guns spawn in the world (other than SKS, mosin, shotguns and pistols).

the only people playing with high tier weapons are the kids who bury them and a few of us lucky enough to come across a new spawn that kids didn't take and bury yet.

your game is dead for years now.

why do you refuse to let us play and do this?

why do you hand the control of guns to these type of players and this stupid mechanic that only takes away the fun for everyone else?

why?

do something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 5

i get what they want to do with the guns and loot... it's kinda makes sense... but duping them and breaking the economy is just bad... it's unrealistic that everyone has high tier guns... how can like million of FAL ( LAR ) guns exist on Chernarus? that's unrealistic.. they wanna do a realistic loot but... just... need to figure out how to do it first... and Hive system is... like trash and un natural... why can't be normal and have server specific database... like normal servers and modded servers... 1 server 1 char... you can't go to another server with same char... best is to just get rid of it... But i do agree with loot what they are trying to do... it's a nice idea just poorly executed 🙂

5 hours ago, Alphajim said:

"Game's dead" --> 4900 players in-game...

GG next troll

number of players doesn't dictate if a game is healthy.

dayz survives on its mods and private servers.

official servers are a mess.

people despise them.

yes, people still play on them, but people despise them.

the loot economy is horrendous.

how many of those 4900 players you talk about are playing in official servers?

Care to explain to me how exactly all these problems are not solved by private servers?

Just because you think the configuration of the official servers is not desirable, doesn't mean that everyone thinks that. Additionally, if you weren't able to host private servers, your point would stand - but private servers exist and if you don't like the official servers, don't play on them.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

44 minutes ago, kichilron said:

Care to explain to me how exactly all these problems are not solved by private servers?

Just because you think the configuration of the official servers is not desirable, doesn't mean that everyone thinks that. Additionally, if you weren't able to host private servers, your point would stand - but private servers exist and if you don't like the official servers, don't play on them.

because i want the experience the devs have to provide.

i don't want traders.

i don't want more guns.

i don't want flying cars.

i just think burying/stashing items has to go for everyone to enjoy the server.

getting into the NWAF and finding 2 SKSs with lots of .45 and 5.56 is not fun.

it does not make sense to let people dominate loot like this.

these kids spawn, run to their buried stuff, grab an M4 and start playing the game.

me? i will find a mosin or an SKS if i'm lucky in 5 hours of scavenging.

23 minutes ago, mart1n1 said:

I think you're wrong in assuming that the experience you're getting is not what the devs want. It is a survival game about scarcity after all.

• Like 2
  • Beans 2

Your first and the post here above conflict with eachother you do see that dont you martini? 

10 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

make official servers interesting for people to play.

YOU dont find it interesting 

make it so that people can find guns.

I have no trouble finding guns. Unless you mean top tier but that is not the only guns you can find.

remove the burying and stashing of guns.

Why? It makes finding one the more interesting.

make guns spawn in the world (other than SKS, mosin, shotguns and pistols).

They are there. Not only on modded servers.

the only people playing with high tier weapons are the kids who bury them and a few of us lucky enough to come across a new spawn that kids didn't take and bury yet.

Well ambush those kids. Quite easy seeing there attention span.

your game is dead for years now.

The game May be underdevelopt but has never been dead. Its a niche game not a AAA mass hype game.

why do you refuse to let us play and do this?

So stop abusing yourself and move on. Your choice to stay.

why do you hand the control of guns to these type of players and this stupid mechanic that only takes away the fun for everyone else?

why?

do something.

^ Its all on you mate.

Stop blaming the game. Its just not for you. 

Edit; the post above obviously not kichilron's post

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, mart1n1 said:

people despise them.

Sorry to break your bubble, but afaik players play a game only if they enjoy it, be it community or official servers ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Alphajim

42 minutes ago, mart1n1 said:

i don't want traders.

i don't want more guns.

i don't want flying cars.

i just think burying/stashing items has to go for everyone to enjoy the server.

getting into the NWAF and finding 2 SKSs with lots of .45 and 5.56 is not fun.

it does not make sense to let people dominate loot like this.

these kids spawn, run to their buried stuff, grab an M4 and start playing the game.

me? i will find a mosin or an SKS if i'm lucky in 5 hours of scavenging.

Mosin is better then M4 ... M4 is like shooting baby diapers at someone... unreliable... i prefer Mosin and SKS and some SMG... or AK 🙂 Basically Mosin + Anything that has 30round mag that isn't M4

• Like 2

4 hours ago, kichilron said:

I think you're wrong in assuming that the experience you're getting is not what the devs want. It is a survival game about scarcity after all.

Well, yeah, this tbh. The greatest revolution in the game for me in the past 18 months or so was modded servers (and DZSA launcher). Either there is a server out there somewhere catering for most variations of the game, or you can create one yourself. 

It's true that vanilla is much less my cup of tea these days (although I still play it occasionally). But as others have said, and despite the enormous potential for variation, perhaps this just isn't for you.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, McWendy said:

I have no trouble finding guns. Unless you mean top tier but that is not the only guns you can find.

me too.

but the little kids running around with M4s 100% of the time don't make you think something is way out of balance here?

11 hours ago, McWendy said:

Why? It makes finding one the more interesting.

how do you find a buried gun?

11 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Basically Mosin + Anything that has 30round mag that isn't M4

on official servers, your best bet currently is a SMG, with some luck.

because there are just no AKs on the ground, as they are all buried somewhere.

can't you guys see what i'm talking about here? i'm talking about people hiding loot from other players... people hiding loot below the ground, where even they sometimes will forget where they placed it.

5 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

how do you find a buried gun?

You stay on one official server and go to the north and west.  Find stashes all over.   If all that you're getting is a SMG then may I suggest that you try some old fashioned camping.  Sit in room or something where you can unload your smg at short distance and upgrade off of someone's corpse.  Server hoppers sometimes hang out in novo, cherno, or other.  Try there.  Show those kids with the M4s who's boss.

Also, many times stashes aren't even buried.   They're just crates sitting in a pond.  Difficult to detect.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 4:02 AM, Parazight said:

Show those kids with the M4s who's boss.

you call campers that sit in the corner of a room for hours bosses?

dear god.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:59 AM, mart1n1 said:

people despise them.

Hasn't been a response for a month but I want to add: 

I couldn't agree more. Played over 1,100 hours since 1.0 release on official servers, we shouldn't be forced to play private, when 98% of all private servers are modded with bull shit like "no stam" for ppl so the game can hold their hand.

DayZ really needs to re-work the loot economy. In the last 400 hours I haven't found a single AR. Not because I don't know how to loot lmao, on the contrary, I know many spots that are never opened or looted on full servers that have been up for ever. 

But because kids go and hoard all the ARs, bury them, never to be seen again. 

There is literally only 2-3 servers that are consistently high/full pop on official. Contrast that with community. So sad. 

I love DayZ but its in one of the worst states ever. 

Maybe some sort of decay for buried gear would be nice. I don't really mind if we got loot distributed across various groups, but having a few with them all is really not something pretty to play.
 Even so, because those guys holding all the loot are not playing around the map, they are camping on coastal areas.
 I only play on official servers and i get if it's ok for you, but for some of us, there is no fun the way it is.

how about adding all the stuff from roadmaps before increasing the price / releasing dlc?

• Like 1