Marvel_Ham

Parking Vehicles Inside of Buildings

I am not able to park my car in a building without trouble. The trouble comes from when the server restarts/resets/crashes. The car will shift inside the building, even end up ruined against a wall. I've seen cars flip or end up on the ceiling this way as well. I've tried with tires on and with them removed, no difference.

From what I understand now, the cars are being placed from above and drop on the ground when the server starts. Has anyone else tried or seen otherwise? Any success? Tips?

I'd like to see this added to the list of fixes. @ImpulZ

• Thanks 1

My mate always parks his car on a car tent. I always park mine on an open space because I've heard horror stories. But so far his car has been fine. 

• Beans 1

Yes! parking inside a building, no matter how large is going to be trouble!  We have never had any good luck parking inside, even a large empty building...

• Beans 1

I've had 2 cars vanish from inside our ware house, though for a while we had 4 cars packed in there, all of which no longer exist because of one bug or another. We lost one car exiting the building, as we drove out the car simply flipped onto its side for no apparent reason and that was that. We are currently down to 2 cars, one of which is in a town miles away so will likely also vanish. 2 of our squad had to respawn due to death, one of which was me and I died following a car crash (another glitch incident) leaving all my gear ruined, and a single zombie hit cut me while none of my kit would heal me, nadaged not working, blood pack wouldnt work, knife wouldn't cut anything and all the back up loot stuck in the car and unremovable. Cars are becoming more trouble than theyre worth, most won't move in any gear past first on anything but perfectly flat road. 

19 hours ago, M00nfly said:

Cars are becoming more trouble than theyre worth, most won't move in any gear past first on anything but perfectly flat road. 

I’ll disagree on the worth of cars, though you are right about the challenge emerging from the development of the game rather than the survival aspect we’re presented with.

@M00nfly Whenever I need to drive an incline, I use Z-shaped turns and momentum. 

The real secret to driving on inclines is to hold shift.  No joke!  It acts as though you are giving full throttle.  I had the chance to test this out in the Livonia update although I presume this has been in the game for quite some time.  

1 hour ago, aaronlands said:

The real secret to driving on inclines is to hold shift.  No joke!  It acts as though you are giving full throttle.  I had the chance to test this out in the Livonia update although I presume this has been in the game for quite some time.  

Awesome!

PS - I cant find this magical "shift"-button on my controller, any info on how to locate it? 😛

• Haha 2

what's sprint for you guys? maybe that works.

Sorry this is the second time i've posted this tip in the console board.  By accident I swear

On 11/4/2019 at 12:25 PM, Marvel_Ham said:

I am not able to park my car in a building without trouble. The trouble comes from when the server restarts/resets/crashes. The car will shift inside the building, even end up ruined against a wall. I've seen cars flip or end up on the ceiling this way as well. I've tried with tires on and with them removed, no difference.

From what I understand now, the cars are being placed from above and drop on the ground when the server starts. Has anyone else tried or seen otherwise? Any success? Tips?

I'd like to see this added to the list of fixes. @ImpulZ

I’ve already posted a thread on this topic, because my friends and I have lost allot of cars on our server from this bug too.

@ImpulZ this is a major concern for allot of players are experiencing cars flipping, shifting and despawning after server resets.

• Thanks 1

I haven't experienced this yet and our cars are parked in car tents and barns. Is it specific buildings that are causing the issue? 

11 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I haven't experienced this yet and our cars are parked in car tents and barns. Is it specific buildings that are causing the issue? 

On PC  . .. .  I have kept cars in car tents and barns. From my experience specific barns caused the issue . . . I had cars in two separate barns over multiple restarts and no issue. Two other barns/sheds destroyed cars every time

On 11/5/2019 at 4:54 AM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

My mate always parks his car on a car tent. I always park mine on an open space because I've heard horror stories. But so far his car has been fine. 

Wait, so car tents are fixing your shifting car problem?

On 11/4/2019 at 12:54 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

My mate always parks his car on a car tent.

I finally was able to confirm this. Parked a car, outdoors, in the tent, with all the wheels on, no problem. Maybe I’ll try it indoors next.

2 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

I finally was able to confirm this. Parked a car, outdoors, in the tent, with all the wheels on, no problem. Maybe I’ll try it indoors next.

Just noticed my typing error. Obviously I meant 'in' the tent and not 'on' it!