calabacin2

Chernarus vs Livonia

Finally I managed to survive in Livonia, and I don't know what it is but I'm feeling things (good things lol) that I've never felt while playing in Chernarus before. IMO Chernarus has to be more "dead" (artistically speaking) and overgrowth, etc. Maybe is this "new thing feeling" that Livonia has ATM? I don't really know but I loved every second I've played on the new map.

I would pay for this dlc twice if necessary.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, calabacin2 said:

I would pay for this dlc twice if necessary.

Don't give them any ideas!  😋

• Haha 2

mwahahahahahaha! My plan is complete... 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Beans 3

Livonia is boring in my oppinion, and isnt only my feeling.... even big streamers who really love this game said the same. In fact, I cant believe the devs were working on this spend of time... is just the second day of livonia and most of people lost the hype already, everything is said I think. Give it a month, nobody will play on it. 

• Beans 1

Considering how it is more of the same, I still think they should have repurposed it as one of the other two regions of Chernarus and thus work on completing the map. Eventually stitching it all together. 

• Beans 1

Chernarus is a beautiful map.  I still have to explore Livonia more to develop an opinion.  I was recklessly playing the other night and I found that many of my respawns felt like I was going through the same areas over and over again.  With Chernarus, every life does feel pretty different. Not hating on the new map but I feel like it especially needs working cars to make it fun whereas Chernarus is somehow still interesting without vehicles.

• Beans 1

Didn't want to start a new topic, so... Any ideas as to bear spawns? I'm finally ready to hunt and anything more specific than 'the South' would come in very handy. Also, should I expect wolves down there?

Chernarus is, hands-down, the best map I've ever encountered in any game, but so far I love the experience in Livonia. I love the harsh environment and any new assets I find (like closeable ovens in ruined houses) make me very excited. I hope so much that one way or another, the devs will keep the difficulty level up. This one goes to 11!

Big thumbs up, I think I'm a buyer.

I'm really digging the new map. Feels like it's a lot more geared on survival. I genuinely like that around a third of the map is just pure forest, since it makes it a lot more plausible to hide your base in.

On 11/2/2019 at 8:42 AM, William Sternritter said:

Considering how it is more of the same, I still think they should have repurposed it as one of the other two regions of Chernarus and thus work on completing the map. Eventually stitching it all together. 

Nope not possible... Livonia in the lore is on basically other side of the world not even close to Chernarus... Think of Chernarus as something between Europe and Asia and connected to Russia... while Livonia is in Europe... Poland basically.. and Chernarus is like Georgia or Checheniya 😛 even more basically... Europe vs Asia 
Edit: That means it can't be stitched together because it doesn't make sense Lore Wise... yes DayZ has a lore... and it is connected to ArmA lore 🙂

Edited by KajMak64Bit2

14 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Nope not possible... Livonia in the lore is on basically other side of the world not even close to Chernarus... Think of Chernarus as something between Europe and Asia and connected to Russia... while Livonia is in Europe... Poland basically.. and Chernarus is like Georgia or Checheniya 😛 even more basically... Europe vs Asia 
Edit: That means it can't be stitched together because it doesn't make sense Lore Wise... yes DayZ has a lore... and it is connected to ArmA lore 🙂

That is why I say repurpose the map. That means change not only the alphabet but a bit of the terrain maybe and so on. I understand that Livonia is otherwise a different country and being European myself, specifically from the former eastern block, I very well get even the subtle differences in these maps. And as interesting it is to see that the infection is not limited to Chernarus but instead maybe a continent wide or even a global phenomenon, I would still first like to see the Chernarus map completed first. 

5 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

That is why I say repurpose the map. That means change not only the alphabet but a bit of the terrain maybe and so on. I understand that Livonia is otherwise a different country and being European myself, specifically from the former eastern block, I very well get even the subtle differences in these maps. And as interesting it is to see that the infection is not limited to Chernarus but instead maybe a continent wide or even a global phenomenon, I would still first like to see the Chernarus map completed first. 

I mean Livonia is Poland and Chernarus is Czech Republic in real life stitching the map is possible but in lore it isn't... Also bigger maps are not possible due to player limit... If player limit was like 2x of it now... Maybe more... Then it would be possible to make bigger maps... And if they would ever to expand Chernarus... They would do it according to the map you can find in the game... Specifically in schools... 

This one is just an asset flip , not gonna buy it especially when there’s so much work to be done on the core game like balances , bug fixes and at least a dozen new features promised for years .

Barricading , Helicopters , 2 wheeled vehicles , contaminated zones , shooting from vehicles , restoring power to towns for lights and other things , less than lethal weapons , zombie hordes /dynamic roaming horde , soft skills such as mechanic / medic / pilot etc , weed/alcohol/tobacco for currency and RP items . 

Theres probably more that I'm forgetting , but ya we REALLY needed the copy/paste map with no new features .. I’m SOOOO GLAD we spent so much development time , money and focus on it ! 

-_-

Edited by MaxwellHouse69420
  • Beans 2

On 11/8/2019 at 11:52 AM, DayZNightStalker said:

I'd pay for the old Taviana map, that one was really fun / balanced.

Livonia, meh, not so much.

Lucky for you,  you can because they're making a game with Taviana. I believe is on the UE4 engine. 

Sooooo ... the maps are practically stiched together ey? Told you it rather could have been another region of Chernarus 😛 that would at least make sense why you keep your char.