Diavolus

Dear developers and employees

Dear developers and employees,

how can it be that Dayz runs so badly on PS4 since version 1.05 and crashes very often?
How can it be that you do not say a word about it publicly? Why is the issue of death kept silent?

The game is already so "old" and still does not run properly today, but since release on the PS4 you want to have € 50 for the game.
How can it be that Dayz gets worse and worse with every update? FrameDrops, bad to very bad frame rates in cities, popups etc?

I have died so many times over the last 7 days due to a CR error that I would like to pull the game across your face. The game only makes me angry, especially on community servers it performs even worse than on official servers.

Why is that? Why is not there a statement? I call that only incompetence and fig. If a (craft) company in Germany worked so badly, it would not last long.

It's a shame that we players are treated like this and are just left in the rain.

Give us a Update (that work) and talk to us, your customers, we pay you!

Edited by Diavolus
  • Like 2
  • Beans 1

Dear Diavolus,

How can it be that you can't post this in the console section where it belongs?

1 hour ago, Diavolus said:

how can it be that Dayz runs so badly on PS4 since version 1.05 and crashes very often?
How can it be that you do not say a word about it publicly? Why is the issue of death kept silent?

The game is already so "old" and still does not run properly today, but since release on the PS4 you want to have € 50 for the game.
How can it be that Dayz gets worse and worse with every update? FrameDrops, bad to very bad frame rates in cities, popups etc?

I have died so many times over the last 7 days due to a CR error that I would like to pull the game across your face. The game only makes me angry, especially on community servers it performs even worse than on official servers.

Why is that? Why is not there a statement? I call that only incompetence and fig. If a (craft) company in Germany worked so badly, it would not last long.

It's a shame that we players are treated like this and are just left in the rain.

this post go's for PC also 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Dear Diavolus,

How can it be that you can't post this in the console section where it belongs?

Who made you a mod?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Diavolus said:

If a (craft) company in Germany worked so badly, it would not last long.

Take a look at Kalypso, somehow they are pretty alive despite screwing the customers with every release again and again and again...and yes, for some reason I still bought Tropico 6 with the hope that things will get better and because my wife wanted something to play in coop.

BIS history of support isn't that bad, every Arma title received patches and care until the next one came out. With the rising popularity of the DayZ Mod back in the days, they took care of Arma2 again even if its lifetime was about to fade. But the DayZ team is something different, at least for the last few month. We now have some sort of communication blockade or simple unwillingness of engaging with the community (not counting screenshot tweets here). Nobody knows whats really going on.

• Like 3

I am going to allow this for now - however if this is going downhill & getting personal, expect us to come with our axes.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It is not my intention to become personal. But it has to be discussed on the topic without it being deleted directly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kichilron said:

I am going to allow this for now - however if this is going downhill & getting personal, expect us to come with our axes.

Cool, now you saw this topic, you can reply to OP's questions...

• Like 3

We just want someone from BI to tell us what's going on. I personally love the game alot and won't stop playing. But please let the players know what's going on. 

Agreed....  What I believe most want is simply some communication from BI on these long standing issues as well as new game-breaking ones like the loading/freezing/blue screen problems.

I'm not interested in making anything "personal" but I would like to see BI stop ignoring the responsibility to their customers. 

When we see a new DLC being announced, a release for a physical copy, etc., it honestly feels like a slap in the face to those of us putting up with what is essentially a game that was never really ready for final release. 

Shame on me for buying into the devs renewed commitment when I bought my copy for $50, but shame on BI for not fixing these bugs / glitches like they said they would. The team really needs to stop with the addition of new features, content, DLC, etc. and concentrate on creating a stable foundation to build upon.

....fix the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I mean, I find it pretty pathetic that they won't even recognize the issue on Console and just leave us in the dark but fix it for PC from what i've heard. Also, mans over here sounding like the Climate Change Girl lmao 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FirefighterSFVFD_1 said:

I mean, I find it pretty pathetic that they won't even recognize the issue on Console and just leave us in the dark but fix it for PC from what i've heard.

As much as some may not want to hear it, I think a good part of the problem is the fact that console updates are tied to PC updates.  They add new features and content to PC and then apply it to us.  The thing is, they have to spend the time trying to make sure these new things work on the console updates and I have a feeling that it leaves them very little time to devote to squashing these persistent bugs, optimizing performance, etc.  ....and to add insult to injury, with every new update there seems to be new bugs added to the old.

Once they realize that they need to put the brakes on content for console and devote an update or two to purely working on optimization / bug squashing, I fear this game will always feel like a beta.   

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Well having events and just not doing anything towards fixing it at all or even responding to the console community ins't doing anything for them at all. My base got raided last night and they left all my tents and i'm guessing they'll return for them but I know if they do and I fire three rounds and they return fire i'll bluescreen and just lose more shxt. This game is pointless to play at this point. No communication, and no fixes.

It might have been me who raided your base, we hit two last night !

Guys please can you post the servers you play on ? As someone who rarely experiences these issues, I'd like do some testing of my own.

I played from 10am to 2pm today, UK time, on EU DE 4445.

During that time, I was shocked to blue screen twice in 4 hours. I usually blue screen once a week if at all. So if I can replicate your issues more regularly, I might be able to offer help as the servers i play on this rarely happens.

i play eu server 9311 and 9200, never had a crash error on game started but got several error when i load the character on the lobby, the game doesn't start, black screen for some seconds, then blue error

26 minutes ago, supernick said:

i play eu server 9311 and 9200, never had a crash error on game started but got several error when i load the character on the lobby, the game doesn't start, black screen for some seconds, then blue error

I get freezes usually on startup when they happen and bluescreens usually as I'm playing although those are relatively rare.  .....I say relatively as compared to other issues I encounter that are far more frequent.

Its funny because the issues tend to come and go. I had one session where I had had several freezes that led to bluescreens and then nothing in that regard for several days.

I had about a 3 day run where I would load in to the game only for everything to stop (freeze) where I couldn't do anything except reload the game.

In one scenario, my whole system froze up during one of these loads and I had to do a hard reboot. 

It should be noted that I really didn't have any loading freezes before the update and bluescreens while playing were quite rare by any standard.

I haven’t seen any evidence that developers read these posts. It appears that forum-rats (that term was used endearingly), are moderating. Even the reporting site appears filtered thru people who are not directly involved in the process. Which is yet another reason to cry out for an in game reporting and data collection system; it’s a must for mmo’s.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Pauperprince said:

I haven’t seen any evidence that developers read these posts. It appears that forum-rats (that term was used endearingly), are moderating. Even the reporting site appears filtered thru people who are not directly involved in the process. Which is yet another reason to cry out for an in game reporting and data collection system; it’s a must for mmo’s.

Well, apparently they do as they just moved this thread to the Console Update subforum without even leaving a link to it.  An obvious attempt to bury this discussion short of locking / deleting it.

Unbelievable.....   

They do similar stuff on Twitter.  They simply ignore those asking for updates  /communication about the problems that plague many of us console customers but find the time to post silly gif responses.  ....and then there are these whimsical Tweets they make every 1-2 days completely ignoring what's important to many in the community  right now:

• Like 4

Dear BI, Devs, Mods etc....

why do not we get an answer to this topic?

We can not really play and enjoy this game right now. It is absolutely unplayable due to the CE problem.

Many of my friends have quit the game because the mistakes are not taken care of and BI simply does not react.

Why do not we, who paid for the game and can not play it properly, learn anything? Why is this how customer deals are handled? Why are we ignored?

It's about time that customers stand up and point out this fact in many channels that BI ignores its customers.

• Like 4

On 10/21/2019 at 11:32 AM, etaab said:

It might have been me who raided your base, we hit two last night !

Guys please can you post the servers you play on ? As someone who rarely experiences these issues, I'd like do some testing of my own.

I played from 10am to 2pm today, UK time, on EU DE 4445.

During that time, I was shocked to blue screen twice in 4 hours. I usually blue screen once a week if at all. So if I can replicate your issues more regularly, I might be able to offer help as the servers i play on this rarely happens.

Do you play on a PS4 Pro? It seems to be mostly happening to people on the older systems, and it happens at random. You can be alone, fighting zombies, driving, building, sitting still etc etc. I play on a private server only, and this happens to all of us not on the Pro. 

Well....If ANY person of "importance" at BI does indeed read these kinds of threads on this Forum....then I am puzzled how they have not taken the role of "Community Support and Awareness" more seriously....after all these years....

It has ALWAYS been the single greatest influencer in the overall perception of DayZ customers toward this title (and also toward Bohemia as a Game Developer).

It has ALWAYS been the area in which Bohemia has just not managed to get right....sadly.

It's not for lack of trying, but it takes a dedicated and "socially skilled" person, who can be proactive, and can create a consistent and informed identity here in these Forums.

I fear they may have used a different criteria for selecting the people for the role of "sacrificial Lamb" in the past...or that person has not received the support on the BI end of things (perhaps).

But, for whatever the actual reasons, this kind of OP is now, and has always been, the legacy of DayZ Standalone...and it does not do the game, or the Developer justice.

If DayZ was fairly complete in features/content, and did not suffer from the many current stability issues (consoles primarily now, apparently) then it would be as good as we all want it to be. But since neither of those two have happened yet....we are just asking for affirmation that, YES! The Dev Team and Bohemia Interactive are working towards those ends as dutifully and earnestly as reasonably can be expected. This can be accomplished by them simply becoming more connected to their fanbase/customers.

I say "simply" but BI are definitely not making it so.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crowdolskee said:

Do you play on a PS4 Pro? It seems to be mostly happening to people on the older systems, and it happens at random. You can be alone, fighting zombies, driving, building, sitting still etc etc. I play on a private server only, and this happens to all of us not on the Pro. 

No i play on a regular PS4 from 2014. So it's old. That's why I believe it's nothing to do with the consoles but the servers themselves.

I've just come off a 2 hour session, crashed once just before I logged off. I was entering a small outbuilding when my friend triggered a Z, for some reason it froze my console up. But by that time id played for 2 hours so not bad at all.

• Like 1