philbur

Map-combining possibilities?

Anyone hear any news out there about someone having a look at how to go about creating one large map based on C+ and the upcoming Livonia?

I remember back in the MOD days it was kind of cool to "pretend" Chenarus was linked to Lingor, Tavania, and the others, but, since each map basically was a separate server, it never really "felt" vast...

I can imagine this would be a fairly involved project, but since both maps are "officially-created" packages it would probably be less of a headache than working with 3rd-party custom terrain....right?

The server workload alone might be the show stopper....but hey!.... Imagine the RP and PVE possibilities!

Another option is to simply run TWO Private servers (Master/Slave) but not sure if that's even viable anymore...knowing how poorly BI seems to treat the Private Server owners...

Probably in the minority, as well, of those looking for LARGER maps....but being mostly a PVE guy it's something that would vastly enhance my DayZ.

Cheers!

• Beans 5

Yikes!

It would appear I am the ONLY one who wants this! LOL

I share your enthusiasm and I like the idea, but since nobody really knows what's planned for the near future, even not for the next day in DayZ, I think it's pointless to discus anything about features in DayZ.

Beans for the nice idea.

4 hours ago, philbur said:

Yikes!

It would appear I am the ONLY one who wants this! LOL

Think your wrong. The forum is just drying up.

Cant blame people for that. News here is half-ass and @ImpulZ or other Devs dont even reply anymore or not enough.

So why discuss and or suggest when it's all in vain. 

I like your idea. I liked all pre-release content and builds, ideas and suggestions but the game is at Its end of life. Updates are meh, communication is meh, vision of the future is non existent.

And I still want my bow damnit!!

Like I said waaaaay earlier; if 1.06 drops and it's all pvp and bugfix  content im out. I want the original vision of dayz. Not this watered down hitscan shooter (with loot and craft mechanics) 

Sad tale of dayz continuous

• Like 1

Yeah, I personally don't want this.  If the servers could handle hundreds of players and infected and dozens of cars and everything was a-chugging along smooth as butter, then fuck yeah, the bigger map, the better.  Sadly as we all know, this isn't the case, so I think smaller maps more suitable to 60-poppers is the way to go.

I am hopeful that the DayZ Expansion Mod will breathe a little life back in it for players...and will patiently keep my wallet handy...in case some talented Modder decides to try their hand at a larger world.

I keep wondering what it would take to make all of South Zagoria areas into on playable map, like we see on the posters throughout Chernarus.

But then, like drgullen said, I get back to wondering how much more robust server hardware allocations it would take to make what we have been seeing for the last few years run 'correctly'.

And then I get sad...

• Beans 1

They are doing it wrong.

They should have invested their time on re-inventing the concept of a DayZ "realm" which should have been controlled by a set of servers, part dedicated to control the world's settings, and the other part dedicated to host different maps, or in other words - different parts of the world.

I don't understand how they expect a single server to handle fire fights, speeding cars, massive hoarding, free roaming NPC's and controlled weather. And lets not forget the high pingers, connection packet-losses, etc - all in the same time, every second.

It's not the size that matters, it's how you use it!

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 10/19/2019 at 8:03 PM, Tarkules said:

They are doing it wrong.

I don't understand how they expect a single server to handle fire fights, speeding cars, massive hoarding, free roaming NPC's and controlled weather. And lets not forget the high pingers, connection packet-losses, etc - all in the same time, every second.

Frostbite does this easily...but DICE have definitely gone the extra mile on the high tick rates to help these issues.

BTW, I did hear back from a Dev on their current plans for the original "Private Hive" infrastructure and they have put this on the back burner, for the time being (understandably) so even the idea of having a couple of "connected" servers for creating a "world" that spans multiple maps while sharing a CLE and rulesets is probably something we won't see.

All the more reason to keep the faith that someone will decide to take something like this on, but admittedly it would be immensely time consuming and require some serious modding/mapping skills.

So how would that work...in Bohemia's eyes?

Can someone accept Patreon, or "donations" to work on a project like this....and not get screwed over?