Gene Pearson

Counter Duping with IP Bans

My friends and i where talking the other day and we have noticed that high tier loot is harder to find then it should be, but mainly weapons. Out of 4 servers and 8 hours between 6 people only 1 ka was found. It is our belief that duping has locked up the spawns of these items as they are stashed away by the culprits. 

I propose a two stage solution. 1 find away to identify those whom are duping and ip ban their machines or make the steps that are taken for duping wipe their characters and 2 wipe all barrels and buried containers from the game in a two step update.

42 minutes ago, Gene Pearson said:

My friends and i where talking the other day and we have noticed that high tier loot is harder to find then it should be, but mainly weapons. Out of 4 servers and 8 hours between 6 people only 1 ka was found. It is our belief that duping has locked up the spawns of these items as they are stashed away by the culprits. 

I propose a two stage solution. 1 find away to identify those whom are duping and ip ban their machines or make the steps that are taken for duping wipe their characters and 2 wipe all barrels and buried containers from the game in a two step update.

I like the idea of ip banning, since cheaters never change their spots... Or is it zebras never change their stripes... 

Anyway, cheaters gonna cheat, but how to find them is the main problem with pt 1 of your proposal, imo. Sure, if I happen upon a duper, or a suspected duper, I can come on here to the forums and post the details, but unless we get the whole community actively hunting dupers, the problem will never be resolved. 

Secondly, duping isn't as big a problem as many people seem to perceive, at least not as big as it used to be. As has been brought out in a recent post, the main problem is greedy players rushing the map after fresh wipes or updates, finding all/most of the rare weapons and burying them. 

So, my proposal would be reduce the lifespan of buried stashes; make it so that you have to dig up your stashes once a week (seven days) to stop it from despawning. That way, these idiots who want to hoard all the ars will either stop hoarding or spend all their time digging and burying giving us a better chance to hunt them down. 

• Beans 1

3 minutes ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

dig up your stashes once a week

I can agree with that, but only after the Base/building redesign has been rolled-out. Right now, hidden stashes are the safest way to guard your haul (apart from logging out with it) when the servers are stable.

3 minutes ago, Marvel_Ham said:

hidden stashes are the safest way to guard your haul

True, but would you rather have your stashes that you haven't dug up in over a week or the real possibility of finding high tier loot? 

2 minutes ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

would you rather

Personally, my time is valuable, so I would rather keep everything I found as long as possible. I've defended my base shoeless & with a kitchen knife before...IDGAF about Tiers.

Like I said, if I have to rotate my stashes every 7 days, then so be it. Base-raiding done easily with duping & infinite tape still in play for now, so I stash.

A lack of weapons isn't always attributable to duping. 

On any server there will reach a point when the loot economy becomes strained by weapons in persistent stashes. Once a server is a week old after a wipe, your chances of finding a spawned AR are virtually nil.

People look for weapons in dayz, at a certain point all those weapons will have been found and put in stashes.

Duping can exacerbate this but it isn't the main cause for a lack if weapons.

The higher tier weapons are meant to be rare and on any established server this will certainly be the case. Just because you make a trip to NWAF or Tisy doesn't mean you're going to get an AR.

At this point,  you need to play the game with what you can find. Whether it's a mosin, sks or shotgun. Alter your tactics based on the weapons you have and dont put yourself in a situation where your weapons or position will put you at a disadvantage.

Look for bases and stashes, this will give you a better return on finding weapons than going to military bases.

TLDR: look for bases and stashes to get guns instead of complaining that they are not spawning at military bases.

• Beans 3

29 minutes ago, Marvel_Ham said:

Personally, my time is valuable, so I would rather keep everything I found as long as possible. I've defended my base shoeless & with a kitchen knife before...IDGAF about Tiers.

Like I said, if I have to rotate my stashes every 7 days, then so be it. Base-raiding done easily with duping & infinite tape still in play for now, so I stash.

Exactly, everyone's time is valuable, so wouldn't that indicate that if you haven't needed to dig up your stash in over 7 days, that you don't need it?

When you think about it, time is one reason why the hoarders hoard all the top tier loot; when they die, they don't have to go to all the time and effort of finding it all over again. 

Also, infinite tape has been fixed.

In a nutshell: buried stashes despawns after 7 days of being undisturbed and/or wolves are drawn to stashes and can dig them up (an awesome suggestion by someone else on here). That way, you can still hoard, but only in tents, barrels or crates left above ground, that way there is the possibility of me stumbling upon them and being able to steal them and then you being able to defend your base shoeless and with a kitchen knife 😉

4 hours ago, Marvel_Ham said:

infinite tape still in play

It's not.  It's been fixed.

After some brief research, it would appear that you are correct.  Well, shit. 

Edited by Stagman70

42 minutes ago, Stagman70 said:

After some brief research, it would appear that you are correct.  Well, shit. 

Ohhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit the only bug/glitch that is not GAME BRAKING nor others players EXPERIENCE KILLING is still in game after BI priority "fixed" it instead of fixing inventory/cars/lag/desynch/weapons stucks and all the stuff nobody asked them to fix PRIOR to the rest...

So awfull, i'm going to cry all my body liquid right now 🤣

• Like 1

With the build ur own crate with a few planks and handful of nails entered the game it only increased the stashes.  

Guess what? Nobody on a forum ask anybody in particular to give any opinion, that's how a forum works, everybody is free to give any opinion on any topic.

Edited by S.Kaneda

@ImpulZ is there any way to mute a community member so you don't see their posts? 

Some people keep popping up with their irrelevant opinions and gradeschool grammar and spelling like a bad penny... 

2 hours ago, Thunderpants_AU said:

@ImpulZ is there any way to mute a community member so you don't see their posts? 

Some people keep popping up with their irrelevant opinions and gradeschool grammar and spelling like a bad penny... 

Yeah, go to your account settings and ignore list and type his name in. I did the same with him, he's a prick. 

• Like 1

It’s exactly the same on PC, where duping isn’t an issue. It’s just the way the loot economy is set up.

I didn’t find any high tier loot for months, but yesterday I found a Fal at a chopper, and an M4 + AK101 in someone’s buried stash. 

The elation I felt, was worth it!

The gear fear is also very real right now...

I do agree that stashes should despawn faster than the current rate. High tier weapons just sitting in the ground for weeks is a fucking tragedy.

12 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

It’s exactly the same on PC, where duping isn’t an issue. It’s just the way the loot economy is set up.

I didn’t find any high tier loot for months, but yesterday I found a Fal at a chopper, and an M4 + AK101 in someone’s buried stash. 

The elation I felt, was worth it!

The gear fear is also very real right now...

I do agree that stashes should despawn faster than the current rate. High tier weapons just sitting in the ground for weeks is a fucking tragedy.

Yeah in 0.62 containers only lasted seven days if I remember correctly. So unless you tickled your tent/barrel once every 5-6 days it would be gone. It sometimes felt too restrictive - go on a one week vacation and your crap is gone - but it would save the economy from month-long draughts due to half-forgotten stashes.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, Thunderpants_AU said:

I like the idea of ip banning, since cheaters never change their spots... Or is it zebras never change their stripes... 

Anyway, cheaters gonna cheat, but how to find them is the main problem with pt 1 of your proposal, imo. Sure, if I happen upon a duper, or a suspected duper, I can come on here to the forums and post the details, but unless we get the whole community actively hunting dupers, the problem will never be resolved. 

Secondly, duping isn't as big a problem as many people seem to perceive, at least not as big as it used to be. As has been brought out in a recent post, the main problem is greedy players rushing the map after fresh wipes or updates, finding all/most of the rare weapons and burying them. 

So, my proposal would be reduce the lifespan of buried stashes; make it so that you have to dig up your stashes once a week (seven days) to stop it from despawning. That way, these idiots who want to hoard all the ars will either stop hoarding or spend all their time digging and burying giving us a better chance to hunt them down. 

You know the devs have logs of everything that goes on, on every server. They know who is duping and who is not. They know where the dupe stashes are. Well they would if they would just follow up on it. They dont care. Duping is easier now than it was before the mitigation update. You cant find shit because its duped....again. 

Nobody really thinks about the business side of things either. They're not about to start ip banning paying customers. Especially when the playerbase is low af. They only put dayz on console to take your money and its working. And all they have to do is half ass some shit every month or so and because of most peoples lack of experience with this company and the previous builds of this game, they forgive and keep biting that hope hook. Stahpit!

10 hours ago, Derleth said:

Yeah in 0.62 containers only lasted seven days if I remember correctly. So unless you tickled your tent/barrel once every 5-6 days it would be gone. It sometimes felt too restrictive - go on a one week vacation and your crap is gone - but it would save the economy from month-long draughts due to half-forgotten stashes.

Tents/barrel are not stashes. Not same problem.

3 hours ago, Acids House said:

You know the devs have logs of everything that goes on, on every server. They know who is duping and who is not. They know where the dupe stashes are. Well they would if they would just follow up on it. They dont care. Duping is easier now than it was before the mitigation update. You cant find shit because its duped....again. 

Nobody really thinks about the business side of things either. They're not about to start ip banning paying customers. Especially when the playerbase is low af. They only put dayz on console to take your money and its working. And all they have to do is half ass some shit every month or so and because of most peoples lack of experience with this company and the previous builds of this game, they forgive and keep biting that hope hook. Stahpit!

You are presuming to know alot about a company that you do not work for. 

What you say about banning paying customers doesn't really make sense since they already have their money. Pubg does it, so why wouldn't BI. 

I've seen you and your negativity on these forums, so I'm not really interested in anything you have to say 😊

7 hours ago, Acids House said:

They only put dayz on console to take your money and its working

Well its certainly working with you. How many times have you bought it and had refunds now? Give it up man, you'll give yourself a hernia. 

• Like 2