theBarra

What do you guys do as solo players?

4 hours ago, rickyriot said:

It's really not, if it were I would do that every time. I have tried every trick that is supposed to resolve it and it just doesn't the ONLY solution that works for me is logging out and logging back in again.

Okay, I'll bite.  I still don't know which precise gun bug you are referring to.  Did you mention it earlier in the thread?

If you get ammo stuck in a barrel or crate, use the option to split the ammo (delta/triangle).  The split half will go to your inventory.  Then take that half into your hands and hit combine (circle) on the glitched half in the container, and now you have all the ammo in your hands again.

16 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

you enjoy burying guns??

you make me sick.

I have guns buried in the ground.  I have this stockpile of ammunition and firearms for trading.  When I die (not if), I don't lose all my currency.  Furthermore, I enjoy having high stamina because I'm not carrying 60 kilos of gear in a super-massive military backpack.  I employ an overnight pack for missions/heli hunting, and when I'm in town, just l-i-v-i-n off my barrel of food, I usually have regular clothes and a hat.  Stashes allow me the flexibility to play the game based on my current situation, employing specific gear for specific demands.  I dont always carry NVGs, or warm clothing, or guns, or backpacks, or three canteens, etc.  You get the point.   I like having a home, in a house, not a base, and to do this well, stash containers are necessary.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Beans 1

On 11/7/2019 at 1:07 PM, aaronlands said:

Okay, I'll bite.  I still don't know which precise gun bug you are referring to.  Did you mention it earlier in the thread?

It's not about "biting" buddy, this isn't a trolling comment. I love DayZ but I just can't play it. I will pick up a gun and it won't fire and won't reload. I believe that the bug where you fired and it only fired on your client (not the server) has been resolved but I can't guarantee you on that. If I put the gun down and pick it up, it doesn't fix it. The only way to do so is log out and back in again. That is annoying, but even more so if you are on a full server and have to wait in the queue from a bug rather than something you did.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, rickyriot said:

It's not about "biting" buddy, this isn't a trolling comment. I love DayZ but I just can't play it. I will pick up a gun and it won't fire and won't reload. I believe that the bug where you fired and it only fired on your client (not the server) has been resolved but I can't guarantee you on that. If I put the gun down and pick it up, it doesn't fix it. The only way to do so is log out and back in again. That is annoying, but even more so if you are on a full server and have to wait in the queue from a bug rather than something you did.

Are you saying that this is happening to you every single time Ricky?  I've experienced this as well, but not every time to make unplayable.

Have you tried deleting your /My Documents/DayZ and your /AppData/Local/DayZ folders?  You might have something corrupted perhaps?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, drgullen said:

Are you saying that this is happening to you every single time Ricky?  I've experienced this as well, but not every time to make unplayable.

Have you tried deleting your /My Documents/DayZ and your /AppData/Local/DayZ folders?  You might have something corrupted perhaps?

At least once every session, and as I've said a session can be up to 2 or 3 hours. If it was just me getting it, then I'd be happy to go with the corrupt files thing (although I have reinstalled a couple of times - including appData), but watch any long term streamer and you see they encounter the same issue too.

If it was just the case of picking up a weapon and it being buggered then fine, I'd just accept some guns you find are buggered, but it can happen to weapons in my inventory. I've had situations where I've just fired a gun, reloaded it, then placed it into my backpack, then later I've taken it out and it's bugged.

Whatever the issue is, it seems to effect me badly, making the game almost unplayable because you just never know when something is going to fail. There is nothing more annoying than a weapon you were using seconds ago just stops working in the middle of a gun fight.

Well a weapon jamming could be a nice addition. We had that before in some builds ago. But that should be a press of a button, like in RL, to unchamber the faulty bullet, load a new one and continue.

But thats obviously not what ricky is experiencing. Ive had a gun go click and nothing more but i always thought that was because of the damaged/worn state of guns and or bullets.

So maybe thats still a factor? Or is everything pristine and it still does it? 

I'll go through some lengthy pew pew sessions tonight see if i can replicate.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:35 PM, McWendy said:

Well a weapon jamming could be a nice addition. We had that before in some builds ago. But that should be a press of a button, like in RL, to unchamber the faulty bullet, load a new one and continue.

A jammed gun for ones which are badly damaged would be fairly realistic addition. Would need to be very carefully balanced though. Far Cry 2, for example had this, but it was way to common and just ended up being an annoyance rather than adding immersion.

On 11/9/2019 at 3:35 PM, McWendy said:

But thats obviously not what ricky is experiencing. Ive had a gun go click and nothing more but i always thought that was because of the damaged/worn state of guns and or bullets.

So maybe thats still a factor? Or is everything pristine and it still does it? 

I'll go through some lengthy pew pew sessions tonight see if i can replicate.

It's a fair question, but I certainly don't remember the states of all the different guns when they have failed me. Even then, I can't eject a magazine which you should be able to do even if the gun is damaged.

WHo knows maybe the bug has been fixed and BI didn't include it in the patch notes (or I missed it in those patch notes). I feel if it had been though, most would reply to that effect and point me to the location in the notes where they had documented the change. It's been about a 2 months since I last played, so I might drop back in to see if the bug rears it's ugly head.

Not sure what version the experimental is on (an early release of 1.06?) if so I might swap to that - if I can find a suitable server.

One thing to note, and I'm surprised nobody had asked this, but I play on vanilla servers so this isn't an issue with mods conflicting.

@rickyriot this is however something that matters greatly. Next time it happens try to check the status of your gun. The most common reason for gun failure is its state. Guns do get jammed and you need to press and hold reload to unjam it. At least speaking about guns which you already have and you fired them previously.

I have also experienced the issue that I cannot attach a magazine to gun that I've just picked up. In fact being unable to use any item that I've just picked up, not just guns.

Yet, instead of the version you play, I ask how is your internet connection or generally performance on the server you play on? 

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

@rickyriot this is however something that matters greatly. Next time it happens try to check the status of your gun. The most common reason for gun failure is its state. Guns do get jammed and you need to press and hold reload to unjam it. At least speaking about guns which you already have and you fired them previously.

I have also experienced the issue that I cannot attach a magazine to gun that I've just picked up. In fact being unable to use any item that I've just picked up, not just guns.

Yet, instead of the version you play, I ask how is your internet connection or generally performance on the server you play on? 

Fairly decent connection. No idea of ping but I am on fibre and the server I play on is based in the UK (the same country I connect from).

It's not good that you have experienced the same bug (or if not the same, it's similar) but at least I'm not looking like a complete idiot for being the only one complaining. I've been playing the game since the mod, I honestly can't believe that all the items that have been "bugged" were all damaged. I say believe because I simply haven't kept a note of the states but it's one of those things I'd notice if that were the case.

Like you I've had axes that refuse to chop down trees, but that's been a much rarer occurrence.

14 hours ago, rickyriot said:

Fairly decent connection. No idea of ping but I am on fibre and the server I play on is based in the UK (the same country I connect from).

It's not good that you have experienced the same bug (or if not the same, it's similar) but at least I'm not looking like a complete idiot for being the only one complaining. I've been playing the game since the mod, I honestly can't believe that all the items that have been "bugged" were all damaged. I say believe because I simply haven't kept a note of the states but it's one of those things I'd notice if that were the case.

Like you I've had axes that refuse to chop down trees, but that's been a much rarer occurrence.

Well, there are more than enough topis here repeating the same bug (unable to insert magazine into gun), it is just that strange that you seem to have these issues so often. At least these days it does not seem to be so frequent as it used to.

6 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

Well, there are more than enough topis here repeating the same bug (unable to insert magazine into gun), it is just that strange that you seem to have these issues so often. At least these days it does not seem to be so frequent as it used to.

It may be less frequent, but the problem is that it's still happening. You know the situation, when you pull out a weapon you should be able to rely on it. OK, add in RNG for gun jam but it must be very small chance (obviously based on condition).

26 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

It may be less frequent, but the problem is that it's still happening. You know the situation, when you pull out a weapon you should be able to rely on it. OK, add in RNG for gun jam but it must be very small chance (obviously based on condition).

Random gun jam never happened to me if it was not in good condition. Which reminds me that varying condition of ammo needs to return. 

• Like 1

God, what ISN'T there to do? Other than the obvious PvP/looting up....

• Search for bases/stashes, raid them
  • Explore every corner of the map, build spacial awareness so you practically never need a compass
  • Interact with other players (especially near the coast, even if you die you don't go far and you don't need crazy gear)
  • Build a base (knowing that bases are essentially broken) and work to defend it anyways
  • Discover the locations of the PA systems and create custom audio broadcasts for other players in the game to hear
  • Find a "thing" and embrace it. (Become a hunter, stalk/hunt animals. Try gardening. Etc.)
  • Troll other players (run down a major street and drop duplicate items in a line down the street and then hide somewhere and watch for players/reactions, etc.)
  • Set personal challenges and take them on (long range target practice, etc)
  • Set up creative traps/ambushes for players
  • Repair a car and joyride/pick up strangers/etc
  • Use a lock pick, sneak up on people and lock them into buildings
  • Visit the islands off the coast
  • Take up game photography/video capture and record some videos
  • Learning the spots on the map where you can "parkour" and get into spots you didn't think you could before

The list goes on and on and on... there's a TON of fun things you can do in this game that don't require top tier guns/gear and you can still have a blast!

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I play solo 95% of the time. I used to run with a squad to get into some shenanigans, mainly as overwatch since my machine crawled. I don't bother with millitary loot, I aim to make my character non-intimidating, favoring a cowboy hat and civi clothing rather that cammo. I'll use an imp. backpack or a hunters pack if I find one. I move around the map, stalking players when I spot them. Sometimes I'll bring food to the coast for newspawns. I look for stashes, and typically add stuff to them such as food, an extra can opener, or ammo I come across. Just this week I dragged a barrel from Pustoshka all the way up to a stash I found South of Lopatino. Got killed by wolves half way there, geared back up in Berezino, crossed the map finding a tent, box stash, and a heli crash and made it back to find the barrel & finish the trip. Gave 'em an SKS and a bunch or. 308 I found on the way. I know most of the map by heart so I just roam. Nothing comes close to the pulse rate hit spotting a geared player or two in the town ahead, or breaking away from an ambush. Make up a character and interact with people. Just don't do it carrying gear they will want. 🙂 Just remember what you find in Chenarus stays in Chenarus. 

I set myself goals.. i go all black and ditch my backpack and hunt for Helis.
I get the pot with Stove attached, some Purifying tablets, and no one will ever see me.
Make a garden, hunt some Wolves.. creat some Stashes.
Currently i own an SVD with nightvvision plus a VSS as backup/anti-infected-weapon.
Scored 8 Kills and stored more loot than i could ever use..
So.. i gear up friends and experiment in social behaviour of strangers at the coast in confusing them and or giving them weapons..
.. a LOT to do for me!

Edited by wud