skJF

Disappearing cars? Xbox official

So, this marks the 5th car lost to random disappearance.  Said cars were left with parts pulled, 100% put together, stuff in the trunk...  We tried everything.  They all disappeared.  I know nobody took them, because we're in a very remote spot that's far out of the way of anything worth visiting and we have tons of crates laying out in the open with all kinds of guns, ammo, attachments, sights, scopes, cart parts, food etc etc etc, all filled to a specific number of slots so we can tell if something's missing.  Literally not one item is missing. Except the ones that were in our car 😂😂😂 are cars just not persistent anymore or what?

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, skJF said:

Already did, but thanks anyway.  

So if you don't get your answer in the correct forum, try another forum... make sense.... 

@skJF I feel your pain. 

Today, I logged in to check on the Olga I assembled last night. It took me a week to find all the parts solo. The thing vanished even after I took countermeasures to prevent it being stolen. Lost 300 slots of gear to as well. This car was to help replace the fleet of vehicles my crew lost. This makes 6 now that have vanished, on a community server, with no wipe by the admin.

This just sucks the fun out of the game.

• Thanks 1

On my private server i was actually sat in an olga in a barn parked up relogged after server restart and poof it was gone just like that 

• Sad 1

I lost my Sedan/Olga24 yesterday on 4722.

Had driven it into the woods, parked it and removed everything except 1 wheel and went 20 meters away to log off for an hour as it was getting dark and I cant get the headlights turned on like you could in 1.02 so driving any further before daylight was not an option unless I wanted to ruin it on the first tree in the roadside when driving on.

I log in again 1-1.5 hour later, just as it had gotten light and the car and everything in the trunk (about 200 slots worth of decent mid-level gear and stuff for base-building) had disappeared.

And I dont for a second believe that anyone managed to find it in the forest during the night-time, managed to collect a spark-plug, a radiator, a car-battery, gasoline (there was a _tiny_ bit left though), water for the radiator plus 3 Olga24-wheels in only 1-1,5 hour during night-time.

This is _very_ tiresome - first we lose all our characters for no reason and now cars with inventory are de-spawning too and I used 4-5 hours to get it ready to drive and never drove it more then 3 kilometer.

I got no idea how many hours of "work" has been wasted by this shit in the last 1-2 weeks - but I know that it must be about 50-70 hours combined for me if I count the time it took to gear 3 characters up to a decent level plus the car and its inventory.

Why not just wipe characters and servers weekly?

It would be more fair then doing it at random like this and that way we would at least be able to find some kind of a level in the mil-bases - right now you can not find as much as a single weapon if you go to the highest tier military base on the map (Tisy mil-base, tier 4) as all the tier 4 weapons have been swooped up by people that apparently hardly use them or just ain't spawning as people have started their duping-careers up again lately and are busy fucking it up for everyone.

Or you could just add a "joker"-amount of decent weapons to the CLE - make it so there is ALWAYS at least 1 or 2 of each kind of AR to be found on every server - no matter how many has already been found.

It does not have to be many, just so their actually is a chance of finding something - I checked through all of Tisy 4-5 times in the last days and has not found as much as a single weapon which is a friggin joke when you travel all over the map like that.

Or just delete everything more then 500 meters from the coast and let people go crazy.

ANYTHING but this. 😉

On 9/9/2019 at 9:25 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

So if you don't get your answer in the correct forum, try another forum... make sense.... 

Weird, I didn't ask a question in the other post.  Because it was a bug report thread.... But since you came on my post like you have all the answers, I'm sure you knew that, too eh genius?  You realize those aren't question and answer threads, right?  Why don't you sit yourself in your corner and pretend like you didn't just roast yourself. Hold this L, and please don't come back. 

On 9/11/2019 at 4:39 PM, Marvel_Ham said:

@skJF I feel your pain. 

Today, I logged in to check on the Olga I assembled last night. It took me a week to find all the parts solo. The thing vanished even after I took countermeasures to prevent it being stolen. Lost 300 slots of gear to as well. This car was to help replace the fleet of vehicles my crew lost. This makes 6 now that have vanished, on a community server, with no wipe by the admin.

This just sucks the fun out of the game.

Ugh, I feel you dawg.  That's just trash...  It's not even worth anymore at this point.  They had a better chance of persistence when they first got introduced, how sad is that?

• Beans 1

On 9/12/2019 at 6:22 PM, Jonas Levin said:

I lost my Sedan/Olga24 yesterday on 4722.

Had driven it into the woods, parked it and removed everything except 1 wheel and went 20 meters away to log off for an hour as it was getting dark and I cant get the headlights turned on like you could in 1.02 so driving any further before daylight was not an option unless I wanted to ruin it on the first tree in the roadside when driving on.

I log in again 1-1.5 hour later, just as it had gotten light and the car and everything in the trunk (about 200 slots worth of decent mid-level gear and stuff for base-building) had disappeared.

And I dont for a second believe that anyone managed to find it in the forest during the night-time, managed to collect a spark-plug, a radiator, a car-battery, gasoline (there was a _tiny_ bit left though), water for the radiator plus 3 Olga24-wheels in only 1-1,5 hour during night-time.

This is _very_ tiresome - first we lose all our characters for no reason and now cars with inventory are de-spawning too and I used 4-5 hours to get it ready to drive and never drove it more then 3 kilometer.

I got no idea how many hours of "work" has been wasted by this shit in the last 1-2 weeks - but I know that it must be about 50-70 hours combined for me if I count the time it took to gear 3 characters up to a decent level plus the car and its inventory.

Why not just wipe characters and servers weekly?

It would be more fair then doing it at random like this and that way we would at least be able to find some kind of a level in the mil-bases - right now you can not find as much as a single weapon if you go to the highest tier military base on the map (Tisy mil-base, tier 4) as all the tier 4 weapons have been swooped up by people that apparently hardly use them or just ain't spawning as people have started their duping-careers up again lately and are busy fucking it up for everyone.

Or you could just add a "joker"-amount of decent weapons to the CLE - make it so there is ALWAYS at least 1 or 2 of each kind of AR to be found on every server - no matter how many has already been found.

It does not have to be many, just so their actually is a chance of finding something - I checked through all of Tisy 4-5 times in the last days and has not found as much as a single weapon which is a friggin joke when you travel all over the map like that.

Or just delete everything more then 500 meters from the coast and let people go crazy.

ANYTHING but this. 😉

Dude is that a real thing?  They actually limited the number of higher tier weapons?  That's just pathetic if so...  This games really turned into complete trash...  If it wasn't so damn addicting I would have quit in 2015.  I literally hasn't even gotten better, just different issues

17 hours ago, skJF said:

Weird, I didn't ask a question in the other post.  Because it was a bug report thread.... But since you came on my post like you have all the answers, I'm sure you knew that, too eh genius?  You realize those aren't question and answer threads, right?  Why don't you sit yourself in your corner and pretend like you didn't just roast yourself. Hold this L, and please don't come back. 

The point is you posted in the PC section when there is an Xbox section and now the moderator moved it so you're all good now.

Edited by BetterDeadThanZed

17 hours ago, skJF said:

Dude is that a real thing?  They actually limited the number of higher tier weapons?  That's just pathetic if so...  This games really turned into complete trash...  If it wasn't so damn addicting I would have quit in 2015.  I literally hasn't even gotten better, just different issues

We all feel for you.  Maybe you should have quit in 2015.  At least the forums. Do yourself and mostly everyone else the favor, please. "Literally"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, skJF said:

Yes, the CLE (Central Loot Economy) counts how many there is of each item on the map (including on players and in tents and buried stashes and so on).

If there is less then a certain number then it spawns more of them in the designated spawn-areas for that item, and if there is more then a certain number then it stops spawning new ones at all.

As of right now that max-number has been reached  (for the high-tier weapons like M4, AKM, SVD, VSS, AK74, AK101, LAR, USG45, M70 Tundra) and they are basically impossible to find - even if you loot-cycle (removing all the items from an area, forcing it to spawn new ones - a pretty bad practice) for hours.

So you can go a tier 4 (the highest tier) military-base like Tisy and not even find a single weapon in several run-throughs - because Tisy is level 4 and the game refuses to spawn any new tier 4-weapons - that makes going to Tisy and the other places like that borderline worthless and totally removes the incentive to move far inland.

You can only find SKS' at NWAF for the same reason, and as you can find SKS' plenty of other places then why go to NWAF either?

If they just added a small amount of "joker-slots" for each weapon, forcing the game to spawn a small amount of of them even if the max-number has been met, then going all the way inland would still be worth it and a feasible strategy - I am not talking about huge numbers, just 1 or 2 of each thrown around at the designates places for them.

It should not be that hard, and it would _really_ change the scene.

Please BI?🙏

PS: Dont mind that other guy, he probably got KoS'ed. 😉

Edited by Jonas Levin
  • Beans 1

21 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Yes, the CLE (Central Loot Economy) counts how many there is of each item on the map (including on players and in tents and buried stashes and so on).

If there is less then a certain number then it spawns more of them in the designated spawn-areas for that item, and if there is more then a certain number then it stops spawning new ones at all.

As of right now that max-number has been reached  (for the high-tier weapons like M4, AKM, SVD, VSS, AK74, AK101, LAR, USG45, M70 Tundra) and they are basically impossible to find - even if you loot-cycle (removing all the items from an area, forcing it to spawn new ones - a pretty bad practice) for hours.

So you can go a tier 4 (the highest tier) military-base like Tisy and not even find a single weapon in several run-throughs - because Tisy is level 4 and the game refuses to spawn any new tier 4-weapons - that makes going to Tisy and the other places like that borderline worthless and totally removes the incentive to move far inland.

You can only find SKS' at NWAF for the same reason, and as you can find SKS' plenty of other places then why go to NWAF either?

If they just added a small amount of "joker-slots" for each weapon, forcing the game to spawn a small amount of of them even if the max-number has been met, then going all the way inland would still be worth it and a feasible strategy - I am not talking about huge numbers, just 1 or 2 of each thrown around at the designates places for them.

It should not be that hard, and it would _really_ change the scene.

Please BI?🙏

PS: Dont mind that other guy, he probably got KoS'ed. 😉

Yeah, that's really bad design.  That is an inexplicably poor decision.  It's funny, years ago they moved all the good stuff inland so people would explore...  Now there's no reason to go to tisy, or nwaf, or pavlovo or anywhere off the beaten path of the coast.  That's probably why I've been finding so many people clouding the coast...  BI just shoots themselves in the foot and consistently make themselves appear massively incompetent.

22 hours ago, Parazight said:

We all feel for you.  Maybe you should have quit in 2015.  At least the forums. Do yourself and mostly everyone else the favor, please. "Literally"

I'm sorry, did anyone ask you?  No?  Then you may carefully put your helmet back on, wipe the drool off your chin and head on back downstairs before mom calls you for dinner.  Do us all a favor, and play in traffic.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

The point is you posted in the PC section when there is an Xbox section and now the moderator moved it so you're all good now.

So what does that have to do with you?  At all?  Why are you commenting here, again?

Edited by skJF

12 minutes ago, skJF said:

So what does that have to do with you?  At all?  Why are you commenting here, again?

I don't know. Why do you keep replying to me?

On 9/14/2019 at 2:50 AM, skJF said:

They actually limited the number of higher tier weapons? 

<duh> ?

Loot economy   - heard of ?

search function - top right corner of page directly beneath you name & icons

Search " Loot Economy" : Found 84747 results

On 9/9/2019 at 9:25 PM, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Hes in the fourms... instead of being a arrogant jerk try helping him and give him the correct answer instead of waisting his time

15 hours ago, TahoeBeast said:

Hes in the fourms... instead of being a arrogant jerk try helping him and give him the correct answer instead of waisting his time

Instead of posting in the wrong forum, he should post in the right forum, otherwise they should just have one forum called "everything" and that's where everyone posts everything. It doesn't matter. After I reported it, a moderator moved it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Instead of posting in the wrong forum, he should post in the right forum, otherwise they should just have one forum called "everything" and that's where everyone posts everything. It doesn't matter. After I reported it, a moderator moved it.

Bet you're fun at parties, Reporty McReportyface 

35 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

Bet you're fun at parties, Reporty McReportyface 

Just doing my part to keep the right topics in the right forums. Without that, this might as well be reddit.

• Beans 1

17 hours ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Just doing my part to keep the right topics in the right forums. Without that, this might as well be reddit.

Bigger things in life to worry about than a post in the wrong forum m'lad.

4 hours ago, Tino81 said:

Bigger things in life to worry about than a post in the wrong forum m'lad.

Yup but doing my part to keep this from turning into reddit is what I do for the approximately 3 minutes a day I spend browsing the forum.

50 minutes ago, BetterDeadThanZed said:

Yup but doing my part to keep this from turning into reddit is what I do for the approximately 3 minutes a day I spend browsing the forum.

Thanks for making the forum a safer place mate 😎

• Haha 1