LnS247

Most likely going to cancel our 100 slot public community server.

My team and I aren't happy with DayZ/BI/Nitrado.

At $145 a month it's just not worth it.

Considering sticking with it through these initial times until things get better but I know BI and the smart move is to avoid any more bs.

Not happy about this either.  Oh well.

Thanks anyways?

11 minutes ago, LnS247 said:

My team and I aren't happy with DayZ/BI/Nitrado.

At $145 a month it's just not worth it.

Considering sticking with it through these initial times until things get better but I know BI and the smart move is to avoid any more bs.

Not happy about this either.  Oh well.

Thanks anyways?

Damn that sucks man.  I thought they would be treating you better as a customer who's paying that much towards a server.  I don't even understand why they sold servers that have the option of having less than 20 slots, or 10 slots? whats the point?  if you want to have a private server the options should have been 40, 60, 80, 100, because now there is all these random little servers with 10 slots or less and nobody even playing in it. (unnecessary to have that much)...  and the prices are steep too.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AndrzejHook said:

Damn that sucks man.  I thought they would be treating you better as a customer who's paying that much towards a server.  I don't even understand why they sold servers that have the option of having less than 20 slots, or 10 slots? whats the point?  if you want to have a private server the options should have been 40, 60, 80, 100, because now there is all these random little servers with 10 slots or less and nobody even playing in it. (unnecessary to have that much)...  and the prices are steep too.

And there are so many of those servers all vying for "top spot" on the first page by using special characters in front of the server name in order get it at the top.

And most of those servers are all locked.

Like, besides trolling, what is the point putting a 10 player server with a password on the first page?

The browser should filter out all of those by default and rank the servers differently.  If players want to seek out a locked server then they should have to filter it.

Good servers or servers with potential are being buried in the browser.

That is just one minor annoyance.

I was aware ahead of time about the limited options for server operators but there really isn't much use renting a large public server when I cannot make it my own.

I'm still debating this with our team because I want to stick with it. 

40 minutes ago, LnS247 said:

And there are so many of those servers all vying for "top spot" on the first page by using special characters in front of the server name in order get it at the top.

And most of those servers are all locked.

Like, besides trolling, what is the point putting a 10 player server with a password on the first page?

The browser should filter out all of those by default and rank the servers differently.  If players want to seek out a locked server then they should have to filter it.

Good servers or servers with potential are being buried in the browser.

That is just one minor annoyance.

I was aware ahead of time about the limited options for server operators but there really isn't much use renting a large public server when I cannot make it my own.

I'm still debating this with our team because I want to stick with it. 

Exactly. that's just it.  Dayz has always made their menu and server browser so hard to deal with despite their updates to the server browser.

Private servers should be filtered out by popularity not by name, that's just dumb

I know how it feels. Most of my clan don't even play. And when they do, they don't even play on the server lol

Off topic:

I was in an open role play server. Found a player. No mic. 😕

Came across a base. Started talking saying hello. Guy comes out and kos. 😕

😒 fucking community is a joke. Not just that server. The ENTIRE community.

/end rant

In a month most of the private servers will be gon anyway.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

@LnS247 Can you explain exactly what the issue is, dude?

15 hours ago, AndrzejHook said:

I don't even understand why they sold servers that have the option of having less than 20 slots, or 10 slots? whats the point? 

There are plenty of reasons why there are options for lowers slots. Some people might just want to play with close friends. Having those as choices is not the issue... the infrastructure was not setup to cope with so many requests. I’m sure, the first month will always be the most crazy, and things should settle down soon.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ThePugman said:

@LnS247 Can you explain exactly what the issue is, dude?

There are plenty of reasons why there are options for lowers slots. Some people might just want to play with close friends. Having those as choices is not the issue... the infrastructure was not setup to cope with so many requests. I’m sure, the first month will always be the most crazy, and things should settle down soon.

Lol they said there's like 8000 servers.. you dont need that many. 

And even if you want to play with close friends you can still get a 100 slot server and keep it private play with your friends

• Haha 1

Just now, AndrzejHook said:

Lol they said there's like 8000 servers.. you dont need that many. 

And even if you want to play with close friends you can still get a 100 slot server and keep it private play with your friends

But why would you want to pay the extra money for a 100 slot server if you just want to play with friends? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, AndrzejHook said:

I don't even understand why they sold servers that have the option of having less than 20 slots, or 10 slots? whats the point?  if you want to have a private server the options should have been 40, 60, 80, 100, because now there is all these random little servers with 10 slots or less and nobody even playing in it.

What is the problem in servers with few slots?

As far as I see it the problem is mainly the filters and such when you try to filter through the thousands of private servers - if that worked the the very low-pop servers only used by a few would stay in the bottom, right now the filters hardly work which makes it a mess, but that is hardly the fault of the people who ordered a small-slotted server.

I am part of a RP-group where we are trying to set up a quite large-slotted (60-100 slots) server with safe-zones, open pvp-zones, traders and such and it was chosen to start it out as a 10-man server which would be enough for the starting-process where we are building up the trader-bases and such plus getting everything ready and the right people in positions.

When that is done pretty soon a couple of selected clans will be let in first to make their claim to certain areas and open for the public on weekends, and after that fully open to everyone (maybe with 1-2 days with password a week to give the clans a bit of time to build safely and let the traders re-stock if anything is needed and such.

When doing it like that it would a waste of some serious dough to buy a 60-100 slot server right away as we right now are between 0 and up to about 8 online on it at any time.

Anyway, I like options - and the problem right now as I see it is not added options (we generally got to few of them on Xbox vs PC already!) but the lack of tools to filter them correctly. 🙂

• Beans 1

There were a couple questions I want to ask, and I hope I can get a relatively unbiased opinion/response.  I was thinking about renting a server in the future, but I was going to wait and see if other options were going to become available.  One question, are there tools such as white/black lists and the option to be able to track players on the server that are accused of cheating or otherwise breaking server rules.  As far as I can see, the only real tools there are are day/night cycle settings.  I would like to eventually have, probably, a 50 slot server.  I would have it set up to where you would basically have to apply for clan ship, with info such as number of members and armband color (don't want to have multiple clans with the same color), players in the server would have an option of being in a group or being "independents", militia for hire, or what have you.  Another question is, are the server options a part of DayZ, or does that fall on Nitrado's shoulders? 

2 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

There were a couple questions I want to ask, and I hope I can get a relatively unbiased opinion/response.  I was thinking about renting a server in the future, but I was going to wait and see if other options were going to become available.  One question, are there tools such as white/black lists and the option to be able to track players on the server that are accused of cheating or otherwise breaking server rules.  As far as I can see, the only real tools there are are day/night cycle settings.  I would like to eventually have, probably, a 50 slot server.  I would have it set up to where you would basically have to apply for clan ship, with info such as number of members and armband color (don't want to have multiple clans with the same color), players in the server would have an option of being in a group or being "independents", militia for hire, or what have you.  Another question is, are the server options a part of DayZ, or does that fall on Nitrado's shoulders? 

No. No. And I think it's on BI. I could be wrong.

I’m prob canceling my 1yr server cause I still don’t have access to it it yet, going on 3 weeks now... wtf they dropped the ball big time.

I see my point is lost on some of you.

It's simple:

Players are forcing their 10 player server which is PRIVATE (meaning its locked to public) ....forcing their server to appear on page one which buries PUBLIC COMMUNITY servers.

Therefore my server is getting less traffic because some selfish dummy wants to post their LOCKED 10 PLAYER SERVER at the top.

There is no need.

Find server, fav it.

People only think for themselves though.

I've now decided to play that game too.

I manipulated the server name to get it on page 1.  And I'll keep doing it to keep it there.

It was very simple, my point about the browser and way people put their useless (to the public) server at the top of page 1.

If your server has a lock on it .....it doesn't belong on the default filter of page one.  Sorry.

It's the lock on the server.

Stay off the top of the browser if you lock your server.

Like I said, I'll just keep manipulating the name to stay on page one.

Edited by LnS247

Ok!  So, as usual I'm just being a whiner.

I didn't want to have to manipulate the server name to keep it at the top of page one but it's working (for now).

Plus, BI has added filter to hide USELESS locked servers. 

So, things are improving and more options coming from the devs so we are going to be more patient.

Thanks 

2 hours ago, LnS247 said:

It's simple:

Players are forcing their 10 player server which is PRIVATE (meaning its locked to public) ....forcing their server to appear on page one which buries PUBLIC COMMUNITY servers.

Therefore my server is getting less traffic because some selfish dummy wants to post their LOCKED 10 PLAYER SERVER at the top.

There is no need.

Find server, fav it.

I manipulated the server name to get it on page 1.  And I'll keep doing it to keep it there.

It was very simple, my point about the browser and way people put their useless (to the public) server at the top of page 1.

If your server has a lock on it .....it doesn't belong on the default filter of page one.  Sorry.

Actually no not really, i scroll through like every page looking for good high slot pub servers most people do

1 hour ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Actually no not really, i scroll through like every page looking for good high slot pub servers most people do

You shouldn't have to.  But they've better filter now so my rant was close to pointless.

Edited by LnS247

LOOTERz n SHOOTERz 24/7 NYC is almost at max capacity right now 100 players.   Browser tweaks are helpful.  Thanks for letting me rant.

Everybody get out there on the trails!

Edited by LnS247

I suspect a majority of the people who got a 10 slot server that's always empty, is probably because they thought they could loot up their server and go into a different server with said loot. lol

21 hours ago, LnS247 said:

It's simple:

There is no need.

Find server, fav it.

The problem is not the people, its BI and the devs.

Why did they make it so the server list is organized alphabetically..thats the dumbest thing ever because you know people are gonna be doing that shit.

If they did a normal filter on the server browser so you could sort high to low, instead of just sorting full servers? which is also dumb cause why would I want to sort the servers and only see the full ones?  really doesn't make sense on xbox AT ALL

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Sterlyng Shane-kyler Roehrig said:

Is that your server?

Yea we have a team who share it responsibility.

You're welcome to join.  It's open to public.

When the monthly renewal comes up for our 100 slot server it will NOT be paid.

Nitrado/DayZ devs are a complete joke.

Great game (concept).   

Garbage companies behind it.

15 hours ago, LnS247 said:

When the monthly renewal comes up for our 100 slot server it will NOT be paid.

Nitrado/DayZ devs are a complete joke.

Great game (concept).   

Garbage companies behind it.

Why then pump it to the top (which you yourself was ranting against in the beginning of this same thread), that is basically just wasting peoples time if you KNOW you are going to cancel it.

You are _actively_ trying to waste people time!?

The server filter really needs the option to filter out server pops you don't want to see like the 10 slot ones.

Why should anyone bother playing on your server if you don't care about keeping it going?