ShallowTech

Tripping when jumping over fences

Not sure if this would be too realistic for some but I was thinking a chance to trip or fall when jumping fences... Maybe make it a low probability but still have it happen every now and then... it would be funny and add some difficult when fleeing zombie or other players. Again with soft skills but maybe this could also be included in some fashion, maybe the longer you survive the chances of you tripping is reduced... 

• Beans 3

I like it -- it's an interesting idea and could perhaps be tied to stamina.  It could be that with a full or near-full stamina bar, this would never occur, but if it's on the low end, maybe have a 5% chance that you have some kind of fall when trying to jump.  Also, maybe half the time when it does occur, it also results in some type of health damage.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

I would love to be able to slip on a banana peel, fall into an opened manhole, and then die.   Dayz needs more random ways to die.   Hilarious, random, and tragic.  Mostly hilarious tho.

P.S.  plz bring back lethal stairwells and insta death from a 3 foot fall.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, Parazight said:

Hilarious, random, and tragic. 

I was riding my bicycle along the beach but too close to the sea (bicycle was the best transport, very fast, and very easy to hide) - got too close to the water, the rising wave caught my wheel and I was swerved into the water on the bike, I sank immediately with the bike, was already under the surface as I got off it.
Then the bicycle exploded and killed me.

Was really great. Amazing! - I remember THAT day still now, from years ago.

xxp

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

I was riding my bicycle along the beach but too close to the sea (bicycle was the best transport, very fast, and very easy to hide) - got too close to the water, the rising wave caught my wheel and I was swerved into the water on the bike, I sank immediately with the bike, was already under the surface as I got off it.
Then the bicycle exploded and killed me.

Was really great. Amazing! - I remember THAT day still now, from years ago.

xxp

Tsssk tssssk, you should have known better than getting your bicycle wet, everybody knows they are made of alkali metals!

On topic - I like the idea. The chance could apply or be bigger when mistiming the jump over a fence, there is an animation now on 1.05 where you touch the fence with a foot as you're jumpvaulting over, that could easily be built upon for this thing.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On ‎08‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 4:20 PM, drgullen said:

I like it -- it's an interesting idea and could perhaps be tied to stamina.  It could be that with a full or near-full stamina bar, this would never occur, but if it's on the low end, maybe have a 5% chance that you have some kind of fall when trying to jump.  Also, maybe half the time when it does occur, it also results in some type of health damage.

Yeah that is a great idea.

• Like 1