Trapphone

Secured base building?

How long until we get this option ? Takes hours to build walls around a large base But yet it takes 30-45 seconds to break it down. What was the point in adding basebuilding if it's not even secure? 

For over 6 months I've been stashing my stuff in trees, Because built walls attract other players, 

@ImpulZ this needs some serious rebalancing. Ever since base building was introduced it has been completely useless in regards to keeping your stuff secure. I spent a few days (30+ hours) building walls around my tents but yet it takes under 2 min to break into the base, what the fuck ?

Surely Bohemia has had more then enough time to balance this out. And in most cases it's not even required to break down a wall if you have a friend's back to jump on.

pathetic excuse for 1.0 let alone 1.04. I'm tired of seeing new shit being added to this game when other things don't even work properly. Whats the point in even having a car if you can't secure it ? We still have no car key system for the cars yet for it to even be locked 

Anyone who builds a base in this game is just wasting there time and has a higher risk of getting raided.

Once again over half of this game isn't even playable. How hard is it to make base building secured ? Or different servers with different options. This should of been implemented before 1.0 was released.

It's honestly sad that a player has to forward his opinion to you in hopes of getting this fixed. I can't fully explain the importance of secured base building within DayZ. 

I've built 3 bases so far. One in Svergino, one in Berezino north, and one on Berezino tent. Never had my shit broken into or destroyed. Then again I'm on a private server with actual people and not savages.

• Beans 2

6 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I've built 3 bases so far. One in Svergino, one in Berezino north, and one on Berezino tent. Never had my shit broken into or destroyed. Then again I'm on a private server with actual people and not savages.

Lol can't any savage just join the private server tho? Then you'll be playing with savages. And if you're on a server with no people in it that's lame.. you get bored quickly.  It's all about the action with 40+ people.. the main public servers should be playable and be able to build bases. They should try to simplify the base building with less items to make it easier on the game itself

suddenly we get "bases" - lots of folk shouted for them, without considering how they would work in the game - ATM bases are long to build, not much use, and very easy to destroy..

BUT if you made them "safe" or seriously hard to destroy or had "invulnerable" stashes in them, then only clans would be able to have the advantage of them (the Rust problem)  and a clan (just a few players) with an "almost invulnerable" base would stash it full of mil gear, kill all the new spawns, and go play Rust Call of Duty Style again, with the next base .. Respawn, run back to your base to tool up (invulnerable) and go fight again. (or respawn inside YOUR base? - THAT'S been suggested too.. read the forum)

So the newspawns and the single players wouldn't stand much of a chance at all. They'd be dead before they could nail two planks together (hell, they'd be dead on the beach before they found a box of nails)

So how to balance bases so that they are useful but NOT invulnerable?

Can only the base owners can spawn in to that base? - to do that do you need a list of owners? (so who decides what that is?).
Is one player the owner and that player can invite different players to join the "owner list" ?
Do you have an in-game KEY you carry around with you, so the owner can get into the "safe" / or "almost invulnerable" base? - Then if someone kills you can they TAKE the key and get into the base?
Or if you kill the owner then is the base yours?  (like IRL) ..

Or when a base is built and "safe" it belongs to one player for EVER, however many times the player is killed?
Or if nobody goes back to it for 21 days is it "empty" and can anyone "own" it?
Only owners can respawn inside their base?
Only owners can log in/out inside the base?
Is it easier to destroy or dismantle from the inside than from the outside?
Can enemy players SNEAK in?
Can they walk in if the door is open and lock it from inside? Is it THEIR base then, not yours anymore?

=  Stuff like that =

How to make it NOT a HUGE advantage - otherwise 5 players in a  base can live forever and don't give a damn if they are shot, and they are back tooled up in 5 mins EVERY TIME and everyone else outside is pwned totally.
BUT then how do you still make bases WORTH building at all,  and not just something that the first guy with an axe can destroy when you're offline. ??

IMO  it's very difficult and takes SEVERAL different FUNCTIONS and gameplay ELEMENTS - to find that GOOD balance between TOO POWERFUL (that would totally wreck the game) and USELESS (because if bases are useless, then what's the point?) 

Make all servers private, then you can build a sweet base for ALL your buddies ??  (that's already been suggested too)..

Check back through this forum

Lots of folk shouted for bases - but they didn't think TECHNICALLY at all about HOW bases can fit into the game.
Having your cool-selfish-safe base that wrecks the game for fresh spawns or newcomers means that no other players will want to hang out on that server.. why should they bother? You have all the gear stashed in your "safe" base.. and unless you have built your "safe" base before anyone else, then  YOU will have a wrecked game where some bunch ALREADY in a base can do what they like to YOU when you log in to that server and REALLY you can't touch them at all ..  what's the point of hanging around?

People now are saying they want "safe" bases, and "safe" stashes in bases - in DayZ that will NOT WORK, I swear - that will change DayZ completely into another game. = A Rust-like.

who needs that?

how do you make your bases "semi-safe" and NOT "eternal" ?? So that they WORK in the DayZ game and don't just bring the whole game to a stupid dead end  ??

- so what do you suggest?

Edited by pilgrim*
~

it’s a much more valuable tactic to designate an industrial type building in a district as your base, hide your stuff inside, and then just barricade all the windows and doors from the inside - your base is now invulnerable mostly, and neatly disguised amongst all the other buildings near it - completely undercover and doesn’t stand out to anyone, most players will mostly either pass it right by not even looking..and most people don’t even scavenge in the industrial areas because there isn’t much worthwhile loot.

I've wondered at this as well. I watched a guy break into a base with a Sledge hammer, and though it seemed to take him forever. It couldn't have been more than a minute or so... I bought the game a month or so now, but learned a lot from YouTube vids. If they fixed the duck tape glitch, and tweaked (increased/decreased) the damaged received from the tool being used that could help. You can repair tools with tape right lol? As seen from vids though only way Is more walls, and gates... Make it a waste of time.

A hatchet cuts through a fence like hot knife through butter. I don't bother with bases. I might drop a barrel on a river but tbh I rarely go back to them any way. Dayz is a nomadic game for me. 

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

A hatchet cuts through a fence like hot knife through butter. I don't bother with bases. I might drop a barrel on a river but tbh I rarely go back to them any way. Dayz is a nomadic game for me. 

Yes, I agree 1000%.  For me a base is like helicopters used to be in the older DayZ .. I hunt them.  Get a good overview of the base from some cover - see who turns up, especially if they only have one entry, then they're trapped in there like fish in a barrel.
This is the one  DayZ use for bases I've found, but it works and it's fun and interesting. I only need a decent hunting rifle.

xxp

• Haha 1

Should be some way to reinforce a fence. 

Once the fence is reinforced it can't be dismantled from the inside. Can still be destroyed as normal but not as easy to take down. 

No problem if someone wants to break into my base, but there's always the risk of someone shredding the whole thing too easily once they get inside 

23 hours ago, AndrzejHook said:

Lol can't any savage just join the private server tho? Then you'll be playing with savages. And if you're on a server with no people in it that's lame.. you get bored quickly.  It's all about the action with 40+ people.. the main public servers should be playable and be able to build bases. They should try to simplify the base building with less items to make it easier on the game itself

Password locked. Savages ain't joining shit.

Boredom is subjective.

I could care less about action with 40+ people. I want action? I'll go play an action packed game. This ain't it.

All they have to do is fix fence locks and make breaking down a wall take like ten minutes.

• Like 1

Just now, Man Parts 241 said:

Password locked. Savages ain't joining shit.

Boredom is subjective.

I could care less about action with 40+ people. I want action? I'll go play an action packed game. This ain't it.

All they have to do is fix fence locks and make breaking down a wall take like ten minutes.

lol okay have fun playing by yourself.  I only play in public high pop servers

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, AndrzejHook said:

lol okay have fun playing by yourself.  I only play in public high pop servers

Now that's just ignorant. Muted.

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Now that's just ignorant. Muted.

lo don't take it to heart.  All im saying is I enjoy the intensity... when your heart gets pumping cause you see some guys walking in the night with flashlights in the distance.. or you're walking down the road and run into a gang of guys, you have to make quick decisions.. that what makes Dayz a unique game.  I guess you could sit around in a private server by yourself, walk around the whole map find some m4s and clips and material for base building, build a base and sit around making campfires.. but whats the fun in that.  They need to make a priority on public open servers, make base building fair, make it so that some chump and his buddy cant just come along and destroy it, they would need specific materials to do this, not just an axe.  The economy in the game is decent right now... not a lot of m4's and aks that I've seen but its still pretty good.  I have yet to accomplish getting a car together or building a base on a public open server

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I think it’s more effective to hide your tent well.  Too many people THINK they’re well hidden when they’re not at all. And to anyone who thinks their tent hidden on the far north or far west border is safe, Ive got a bridge to sell you.......