The Smeef

How to ruin a private server.

2 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

So, does anyone have any REAL proof about what you are saying, like a quote from a dev? All i can find from an official standpoint is pretty much telling the exact opposite of what i keep hearing (quote: "Items in tents/backpacks/player inventories are not part of the calculation!"), its a pretty old source though from 0.5something.

I would be really glad to get some newer info about the matter, questions about loot, storage and how its calculated will keep coming and a source to point at would be neat.

Edit: that pic above is a good start.

That is old info indeed. It didn't use to be that way but Bohemia decided to change that for certain things like assault rifles. It's their solution to balance that not everyone has assault rifles and 100 stored away. Honestly, it's a shite solution because now there are fuck all spawning which is not something we want either. Tents are the same deal, they don't spawn anymore after a few have been taken.

1 hour ago, The Smeef said:

So we can confirm that when players log off they do not effect the loot economy ?

Not entirely, it depends on the item. The VSS for example does affect the loot economy when a player picks it up.

Correct dj and we so have to remember that the restock or respawn time can be up to 2 to 4 hours . Another reason you may not have found any is because they havent respawned yet as well. 

Correct imt I think there can o ly be like 10 car tents and they count in cargo , map spawn and poo n player.  

Ok say someone have a base and tent, he puts all M4 AK VSS VSD into his tent and it;s sitting there in a tent where nobody find it, its not gonna spawn elsewhere in the map?

On 8/19/2019 at 8:24 AM, Kaiostar said:

Do you remember what proof you saw? Just curious. 

I personally just think weapon spawn rates  get tweaked every big update. Some weapons are just harder to find than others. The game is a constant trial and error and I’m sure the devs are seeing what works best. In my experience with this update, I’m finding guns often, and I play on a populated server too.

I can personally tell you that I play on public server 4227 and the first day of the update I found a vsd and an ak on one helicopter crash. I found one akm at the barracks.

Since then I have found 4 helicopter crashes and not one gun. So yeah, loot economy is fucked since day 2 or 3 of this update. And I practically live in military bases up north 

57 minutes ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

I can personally tell you that I play on public server 4227 and the first day of the update I found a vsd and an ak on one helicopter crash. I found one akm at the barracks.

Since then I have found 4 helicopter crashes and not one gun. So yeah, loot economy is fucked since day 2 or 3 of this update. And I practically live in military bases up north 

I agree with you.  I was running at night time on server 8226 , a high pop public server and ran into a helicopter crash site, could barely tell what it was, I just seen black smoke in the sky, and there was NO ammo or guns or anything... just a couple zombies

40 minutes ago, AndrzejHook said:

I agree with you.  I was running at night time on server 8226 , a high pop public server and ran into a helicopter crash site, could barely tell what it was, I just seen black smoke in the sky, and there was NO ammo or guns or anything... just a couple zombies 

While DayZ is pretty well known for being buggy, did you ever thought of the possibility that someone was just there a couple of minutes before? Or maybe that you just had no luck? Or maybe that rare loot is sometimes rare?

This is getting just as worse as the "everyone is a cheater because i don't know how i died" phase.

46 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

While DayZ is pretty well known for being buggy, did you ever thought of the possibility that someone was just there a couple of minutes before? Or maybe that you just had no luck? Or maybe that rare loot is sometimes rare?

This is getting just as worse as the "everyone is a cheater because i don't know how i died" phase.

Perhaps it could be bad luck, but I've been playing for over a year now, roughly 4-5 hours a day give or take,  always joining high pop public servers, and I've only ever ran into 2 helicopter crash sites in all that time, and found nothing at them

Shotguns, pistols, and hunting rifle and their ammo is everywhere, those bigger guns are def harder to find, so its hard to say.  Maybe people stash them once they find them after the update, and eventually there is none left to respawn in the server if everyone has them on themselves or stashed?

On 8/22/2019 at 2:00 PM, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Dude, I found 2 helicopter crashes last night and no guns. Could someone have gotten to all of them before me? If so, why would they leave suppressors and ammo cans? Why would they leave the clothing and backpacks?

The odds of every helicopter crash being looted already is slim to none in the far northwest, far north and far west. Nobody around for miles unless it's the military bases or cities for the most part

28 minutes ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

Dude, I found 2 helicopter crashes last night and no guns. Could someone have gotten to all of them before me? If so, why would they leave suppressors and ammo cans? Why would they leave the clothing and backpacks?

The odds of every helicopter crash being looted already is slim to none in the far northwest, far north and far west. Nobody around for miles unless it's the military bases or cities for the most part

I think whats happening is people are bringing m4's and ak's into the high pop servers from the low pop server, making the high pop server less likely to spawn another m4 or ak because someone has already brought 5 of them from another server, so it counts towards the total of m4's that can be in a server.  I don't know I didn't make this game and im not a dev but someone really should be looking into that...

1 hour ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

2 crashsites? Come back after 10 or 15, then its kinda representative. As i said, rare loot is rare, you are not supposed to find high end weapons EVERY time.

3 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

2 crashsites? Come back after 10 or 15, then its kinda representative. As i said, rare loot is rare, you are not supposed to find high end weapons EVERY time.

Who said anything about high end weapons everytime? I'm saying ZERO guns spawn now

5 hours ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

Who said anything about high end weapons everytime? I'm saying ZERO guns spawn now

Zero guns? I doubt that. 

8 hours ago, POUNDYOUSILLY said:

That would be the most peaceful DayZ experience we ever had. As of now, i can only offer you some cheese to your whine.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

Only 4 lar , 4 vsd,  and 3 vss . If they have been found since the patch release and are on that server period let it be tent , stash , crate or player no more will be spawned. That's 11 weapons on the map and no more spawn in until they despawn or leave the server 

The thing is in a world such as dayz guns would be difficult to find I mean no one would be making anymore.I get that it’s frustrating but I kind of think it’s how it would play out in a real life situation.

If you want the gun that badly then either make a trade ,beg for or take it from there dead hands exactly as you would in a real life situation.