WOLVERlNES

Waiting till 1.05

I played briefly last night, FPS seemed better but couldn’t drop items holding X button, also couldn’t eat, barely could drink.

Scorpion Melee attack did no damage to zombies.

Was gunna buy a year server... now I’m waiting to even play until 1.05.

Im very happy with it so far, and I can live with not being able to hold X to drop items from my hands.

Frame-rates in close-proximity fights are A LOT better, I was in a fight with 5 people shooting at each other in a Police Department earlier and had no drops!

The only thing that is annoying me quite a lot is the inventory-bug where you have to leave and re-join to make it work properly again - times with the long queues its a bitch...

3 minutes ago, Jonas Levin said:

Im very happy with it so far, and I can live with not being able to hold X to drop items from my hands.

Frame-rates in close-proximity fights are A LOT better, I was in a fight with 5 people shooting at each other in a Police Department earlier and had no drops!

The only thing that is annoying me quite a lot is the inventory-bug where you have to leave and re-join to make it work properly again - times with the long queues its a bitch...

can you explain the inventory bug?

1 hour ago, RyanS1994 said:

can you explain the inventory bug?

I can try at least. 🙂

Sometimes when I am looting stuff (usually if its in some clothing, tent or whatever and not just by itself on the ground - though that happens to) I am having problems picking them up.

And if I am able to pick them up I can't use them - I would not be able to put or take ammo out of a mag that is that state and I would not be able to bandage with rags in it or shoot with a gun.

If I then leave the server and rejoin then the items are not on my character anymore, but instead they are where I picked them up and has apparently never been moved.

It happens to everyone I play with.

It wasn't as big a problem before the update as leaving the server and re-joining only took 30 seconds, but now it can literally take half an hour if you are unlucky - and I haven't found another way around the problem then re-joining the server.

I have experienced that but very rarely, I think a cause of it may be where another player drops something and then you pick it up its only registered client side not server side. I'm sure there are other causes but it sucks that you have that happening alot.

the item bug is a bit annoying (especially items falling thru the floor and disappearing or just not being seen by other players) but so far the update is pretty great in my opinion.

frames seem to be much better and smoother especially in big cities or big firefights.

havent found any of the new guns yet but not too concerned about it.

nvgs not working isn’t a big deal as i haven’t found any yet, i’m hoping they add the ability to put something like left d-pad to turn on/off universal flashlight/nvg when attached to the tac helmet. (tap for light, hold for nvg)

the ability to hold X to pick up straight to hands is an AMAZING improvement, and even though you can’t drop items with X anymore, I feel that it’s just as easy to double tap X then tap RT to toss the item is just as easy to use, even if it takes a bit longer to animate.

My one biggest gripe that isn’t even that big of a deal is the zoom LB function - it used to work perfectly with a tap-hold double press to be able to quickly zoom and then freelook while zoomed in, and now it requires an extra press (tap-tap-hold) to perform the same way. i understand it was probably changed to get the leaning done right as now you can also lean with melee weapons and unarmed as well, so it’s not THAT important i suppose.

other than that, the only real little quirks are: sound file when filling up containers with water/liquid doesn’t play (not a big deal) and the PU scope? (whichever one goes on the SKS) has a wierd thing going on with the mesh model - when using the iron sights you can see thru the top of the scope and it almost looks like you can see three tiny scopes inside the optic, i guess something to do with the magnifying/rendering issue.

Overall, i’m very happy. Server issues/long queue times/etc will get ironed out i’m sure as who would’ve thunk after all the bitching and moaning about the prices for private servers and blah blah they’ve sold nearly 3k of them.

2 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

I can try at least. 🙂

Sometimes when I am looting stuff (usually if its in some clothing, tent or whatever and not just by itself on the ground - though that happens to) I am having problems picking them up.

And if I am able to pick them up I can't use them - I would not be able to put or take ammo out of a mag that is that state and I would not be able to bandage with rags in it or shoot with a gun.

If I then leave the server and rejoin then the items are not on my character anymore, but instead they are where I picked them up and has apparently never been moved.

It happens to everyone I play with.

It wasn't as big a problem before the update as leaving the server and re-joining only took 30 seconds, but now it can literally take half an hour if you are unlucky - and I haven't found another way around the problem then re-joining the server.

Are you in a players server or official server?

6 hours ago, RussianReavers said:

Scorpion Melee attack did no damage to zombies

I don't think it's supposed to, it is just designed to knock them back so that you don't get pinned in a corner. 

This is the best state the game has been on for a long time, especially crabbe rates. Can't believe you're upset over the drop item button. 

6 hours ago, xKJCxDaRkMaN said:

Are you in a players server or official server?

Official servers and the bug been going on for over a month for everyone play with - and most people on the forum too it seems.

Play a bit and you will run into it. 😕

On 8/9/2019 at 6:53 AM, Jonas Levin said:

Official servers and the bug been going on for over a month for everyone play with - and most people on the forum too it seems.

Play a bit and you will run into it. 😕

I have ran into it. I made a post a hr after the 1.04 update. But I was playing on the private hives. I didn’t get a chance to play on official yet at the time but yea it has been happy to official too. Also can’t see flashlight from other people for me when that glitch starts acting up.