bent.toe

Have we discussed what the DLC will be?

I might have read it in a whole different post... or on twitter? I can't recall, anyway...what do you think it will be? 

I'm not sure yet but i'm leaning towards a new map. Problem is, it will split the community. It's paid dlc if i'm not mistaken? 

In my mind i was wishing for cosmetics like different countries and thier camo complete with flag armpatches... but it won’t work since you don't spawn with them. Paying for outfits and then spend hours to find them sounds odd. 

Could it be a single player campaign? 

A co-op campaign? 

A game mode? (i know they said it's not survivor gamez BR). 

It can't be anything that puts you in advantage (pay2win) so it must be something outside the vanilla game. 

Edit*  The dev's mentioning it:

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-july-2019

Edited by bent.toe

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

I might have read it in a whole different post... or on twitter? I can't recall, anyway...what do you think it will be? 

I'm not sure yet but i'm leaning towards a new map. Problem is, it will split the community. It's paid dlc if i'm not mistaken? 

In my mind i was wishing for cosmetics like different countries and thier camo complete with flag armpatches... but it won’t work since you don't spawn with them. Paying for outfits and then spend hours to find them sounds odd. 

Could it be a single player campaign? 

A co-op campaign? 

A game mode? (i know they said it's not survivor gamez BR). 

It can't be anything that puts you in advantage (pay2win) so it must be something outside the vanilla game. 

Edit*  The dev's mentioning it:

https://dayz.com/article/status-report/status-report-july-2019

We know it's not Namalsk so I place my bets on the Livonia map from ArmA III Contact dlc

They've confirmed it's a new map. I'm hoping for something completely different to Chernarus with new terrain and assets, so e.g. Altis or Tanoa (especially Tanoa!) from Arma 3 would be awesome. Livonia looks great too, but to be fair anything will go. Exploring an unknown map and getting lost all over again will be fun.

• Like 1

Just like Derleth said, exploring a whole new map will be perfect on itself. So I am not too picky on the location. I do prefer a more North-American terrain (too similar, I know) or southern Europe like Altis.

Anyhow, besides the map the things I'm interested the most in are possible cross-map improvements. New assets, props, objects for the new map that might be used for Chernarus. We all know that Chernarus looks gorgeous but also has certain ugly objects that are from the Arma2 era. I see this DLC as the perfect opportunity to update Chernarus as a free platform update, similar to BI's style with Arma3 DLC. A new map for people that are willing to pay and improvements to Chernarus for all players. Not sure if it will happen, but we haven't had a map update in a while, even though we still have all these theme park props, overgrown buildings, doors and Windows(?) that have to be re-done and a NE airfield waiting for a rework. All this might happen in some sort of pre-Christmas patch + DLC. 

Of course, just speculating for the most part.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Derleth said:

They've confirmed it's a new map. I'm hoping for something completely different to Chernarus with new terrain and assets, so e.g. Altis or Tanoa (especially Tanoa!) from Arma 3 would be awesome. Livonia looks great too, but to be fair anything will go. Exploring an unknown map and getting lost all over again will be fun.

Did not know that. Do you have a link or source? 

7 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

We know it's not Namalsk so I place my bets on the Livonia map from ArmA III Contact dlc

That map looks beatiful. Watch a lot of streams last night, playing the contact dlc. 

22 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Did not know that. Do you have a link or source? 

In the discussion of the status report there is a couple of posts from devs stating that the DLC is not Namalsk or the Survivor GameZ. On twitter, when asked "Is this content that was in mod or is this content not seen before in Chernarus?", they answered teasingly: "Or is it not Chernarus?" so yeah it is pretty certain the DLC is a new map but using the word "confirmed" was a bit misleading. They've hinted it is a new map but without an official announcement, saying confirmed is not entirely correct. My bad.

Edited by Derleth

1 minute ago, Derleth said:

In the discussion of the status report there is a couple of posts from devs stating that the DLC is not Namalsk or the Survivor GameZ. On twitter, when asked "Is this content that was in mod or is this content not seen before in Chernarus?", they answered teasingly: "Or is it not Chernarus?" so yeah it is pretty certain the DLC is a new map.

Nothing confirmed then. But yeah, the most natural dlc would be a new map. 

1 minute ago, bent.toe said:

Nothing confirmed then. But yeah, the most natural dlc would be a new map. 

Yeah I edited my post to reflect that.

• Like 1

In the Status Report, the highlighted post also said: 

"While we aren't ready to share details and specifics, as hinted on Twitter, the central piece is a new terrain, and it isn't Namalsk"

So pretty sure it is a new map.

I'd love a new region added to existing  chenarus with an increased player count for these servers.

Say make the map 1/3 Or 1/4 larger. Maybe a snowy mountainous area above tisy or west. The arctic hunter camo might be finnally be useful. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The new map is difficult to do and not very relevant now. Will mod "Namalsk" - there Northern region, what you love! I want to offer the developers to make a high fence around the perimeter of the map "Chernorus". Why? it is not difficult and looks beautiful, not a desert landscape !

• Confused 3

19 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

I'd love a new region added to existing  chenarus with an increased player count for these servers.

Say make the map 1/3 Or 1/4 larger. Maybe a snowy mountainous area above tisy or west. The arctic hunter camo might be finnally be useful. 

This would be good idea adding another region  rather than a new map completely so you could play both without switching. 👍🏻

21 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

. Maybe a snowy mountainous area above tisy or west. The arctic hunter camo might be finnally be useful. 

Been saying that since december 2018. 

Would love it.