Well, just been killed at Rify. I heard a group on the ship and shouted hello. They shouted back to come up and sounded pretty friendly! Met one of them at the bottom of the ship and asked him if he wanted my field back pack as I was about to make an improvised one. He said yeah and as I was dropping it he shot me dead. I was unarmed too. The funny part though was that the voip must have been bugged because I could still hear their conversation for a couple of minutes afterwards. His friends said what's happened and the dude says "he's dead, he had a gun". Then his mate was shouting "but he was friendly, it wasn't meant to go down like this. No killing I said.". The guy that shot me sounded crest fallen and kept apologising to his buddy. The last I heard before the voip cut off was the murderer saying "just hurry up and loot him before we get shot. Let's get outta here" 

I think it was the funniest death I've had. Never heard voices after death before. I don't think they could hear me either. 

The death I experienced an hour before was a little bit saltier. Two week old character at the civvy barracks near tisy. I shouted hello in my friendliest voice and they just sprayed me through the window. 

But, I will still always speak before shooting 🤔

Well I’m with you Id rather take a chance to meet and greet rather than just start shooting.A bit risky but much more rewarding 

It's obviously particularly tricky at the moment as many servers are coastal chaos. Every server I went on today was crackling with gunfire and scattered with chests and unopened tents? Madness, but met a few people and had some laughs. 

Sounds like that guy is on strike one with his friend, particularly once he may have realized that you never had a gun to begin with..

Hopefully he watches that guy closely.

I did experience something similar a few months back. It was supposed to be a raid event. We got trapped and backstabbed by the event starters and i got killed, because i didnt want to just shoot everyone. I respawned and ran back, but on the way back i could hear voices, shots etc.

Got back to the meeting point and the bad guys were gone. Other ppl got there as well and we went inland to get loot. The whole session was like a ptsd trip. I heard shots and other voices over and over again. Every few minutes. It was weird, but kinda interesting tbh....

And i found some handsome new friends. Geez, we had a lot of fun.

• Like 1

Yep I'm the same, I always shout friendly & hope there a friendly too. Unfortunately there's to many no mic noobs running around with duped weapons for much friendly interaction ATM. Taking a break until a functioning CLE makes a return lol

• Like 3