ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.152050

4 hours ago, Fun Automat said:

@ImpulZ

1. If you have a campfire with tripod and a pot with water in it, then when you take the pot out while the water is boiling the game crashes for everyone in a radius.

2. Cars....what happens with the cars ? The performance is ruined..
    1.03 with 90 players, not problem it was perfect ....everywhere

Did you raise the issues on a bug ticket?

17 hours ago, PaTChevaliers said:

Good for you (pc players) ... which is really not the case, for consoles players (Xbox one) unfortunately ...

We are impatient and really believe that the developers have nothing to do of us (console players) 😪😪😪

you know how updates work for consoles right ? its not just this game, there rules and stuff for console updates which makes them slower. pc is different updates can be pushed out a lot faster. exceptions are early access games for console ( like fortnite ) early access game updates for console have different rules and stuff. google it and you will understand what i mean. 

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

yep, if something can be abused, it will be .. . .  . At least with the coastal spawn points, people were dissuaded from hopping, now if they are over the map, its worthwhile trying to game it . . .

Just to clarify, the new spawn points are still close to the coast, mostly in forest areas. Even if some are close to certain military road blocks or police stations, the same goes for the regular coastal spawns. And considering the number of respawn points, you will statistically spend a long time hopping just to get an "advantageous" spawn point. 😉

Also, this is still the first public iteration, and especially console feedback will decide how we continue with this down the line, as the public hive is the current standard there.

The issues mentioned above have been noted and will be given to our QA. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

6 minutes ago, ImpulZ said:

Just to clarify, the new spawn points are still close to the coast, mostly in forest areas. Even if some are close to certain military road blocks or police stations, the same goes for the regular coastal spawns. And considering the number of respawn points, you will statistically spend a long time hopping just to get an "advantageous" spawn point. 😉

Also, this is still the first public iteration, and especially console feedback will decide how we continue with this down the line, as the public hive is the current standard there.

The issues mentioned above have been noted and will be given to our QA. 🙂

Thanks for the clarification .. .

So in other words, these anti hopping spawns still mess with groups trying to stick together when they simply want to join each other, even though they'd normally be at the same location. I'm sorry, but to me, that's absolutely not a thing I will ever applaud. I think you need to find better solutions to malicious server switching for those who want to ghost around, though you already got that with a time delay that you can simply make longer -- no complaints from me. And ghosting into bases or places were you shouldn't be at: find another way. There have been many suggestions, such as letting players define (with a fenced off area) a no-spawn area! 

PLEASE give it serious consideration.  A lot of people feel that this crappy way of dealing with what's usually harmless server switching, is venomous to the freedoms and choices we enjoyed in the hive! The way hives did play was perfectly fine -- we didn't switch servers to get more "L00tZ", we simply wanted to enjoy each others company and be able to pick freely from weather condition, player population, and all that. And you can bet that almost everyone  was glad they could do it. And it was better that way.

Please, don't think me rude, but I think keeping the teleportation system in place would be tone deaf. Invest the time to give base builders a proper way to keep strangers out. But not this. This is just wrong. Please forward this to your QA as well.

Edited by Deadboy (DayZ)

If the official can develop a team system, then it is perfect.

Let us try to imagine.

You call a friend and team up with him or her.

When you join the server, you will be born again in the same place.

How perfect.

If you think such a feature is too entertaining.

Then, give us a switch or adjustment space.

Let us choose the farthest and closest distance between births, or whether this feature is turned on.

Or just open the team function, but can't be born together.

I don't think there is a clear graphical logo for the team function.

It can be a sensor, similar to a compass, and when you are close to your teammates, they will be prompted, of course you are looking for a battery.

Or other ideas, anyway, I think this will be one of the factors that can greatly promote the game to attract more people to come and play.

I love DAYZ.

- From Google Translate

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 12:50 PM, 0.64 Freerider said:

Yes, I was afraid that perhaps the system could be abused as a sort of "fast travel". That's why I believe it needs to be tweaked, so that it will put you to a random spot, but always on the SOUTH/EAST side of your last position and never NORTH/WEST of your last position. That way it could still be abused to "fast travel" back to the coast,  though still not precisely, unfortunately I don't really see any way around that.

I agree 1-2KM wouldn't punish, I was just using it as an example. Still seems ridiculous to add spawn points to ppl who have already geared up. 

1 hour ago, justice5150 said:

Still seems ridiculous to add spawn points to ppl who have already geared up. 

That might be true, if you only consider the server hopping as a method for fast loot gathering, but if you include server hopping into bases and server hopping for tactical advantage (ghosting) in the equation, that makes for a very different result.

So the bug/exploit bug I reported on the feedback tracker still hasnt been fixed after 2 versions or more, well all 3 of them havnt been even glimpsed at, so in the hope of it being fixed asap I thought id share what it is on here as its most likely includes console versions also,... It is a bullet block bug/exploit, I say exploit as you cannot die from being shot if you are in that position where the bullet block is effective, and if your cluey enough, can lean out of it and shoot out from it and kill people, Ive tried thats how I know, also if you would like to comment on the feedback tracker ticket I have submitted or want to know the deets of the bug/exploit here is the ticket link, enjoy... T141469

Feedback is welcomed.

• Beans 2

Hey, so I can't find any experimental servers after this latest update.

I installed the experimental version from the beta options in steam but when I launch the game there is no experimental servers in the official tab.

Furthermore, when the experimental version is installed and I launch the game, in the bottom left of the home screen it says the game version is 1.03.XXXXXX (I don't recall exactly the version) and not 1.04.152050

Thanks in advance.

26 minutes ago, worstlife3 said:

Hey, so I can't find any experimental servers after this latest update.

I installed the experimental version from the beta options in steam but when I launch the game there is no experimental servers in the official tab.

Furthermore, when the experimental version is installed and I launch the game, in the bottom left of the home screen it says the game version is 1.03.XXXXXX (I don't recall exactly the version) and not 1.04.152050

Thanks in advance.

In your Steam library, you should see two clients for the game now.  One that says "DayZ" and one that says "DayZ Experimental".  You no longer opt into any betas using the DayZ Properties, you use the "DayZ Experimental" client to connect to Experimental servers from now on -- this way, you can switch back and forth between Experimental servers and Stable servers by launching one client or the other.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drgullen said:

In your Steam library, you should see two clients for the game now.  One that says "DayZ" and one that says "DayZ Experimental".  You no longer opt into any betas using the DayZ Properties, you use the "DayZ Experimental" client to connect to Experimental servers from now on -- this way, you can switch back and forth between Experimental servers and Stable servers by launching one client or the other.

Just noticed that now, thanks!!

On 7/3/2019 at 12:32 PM, J0s1 said:

If the official can develop a team system, then it is perfect.

as many dayz rounds end up in searching each other for a long time, and quite a few ended with "ok we all met finally, now lets log off", i find team spawn just as useful as harmful to one of the few goals that keeps you ingame sometimes, but it is also a feature, that might indeed make it more userfriendly.

you might want to post a thread in suggestions, however.