ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.152050

Hello Survivors,

We have a new Experimental Update going live. Please, report encountered bugs here or in our Feedback Tracker.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: 6-M7 Grenade did no damage (T141844)

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: 100 new player spawn points for server hopping (all with positioned away from the coast)
  • Tweaked: Global lighting config (changed the thresholds, toned down the blue during overcast dusk and dawn, desaturated the cloud textures)
  • Tweaked: Lowered damage from all surfaces to the shoes (damage constant lowered to about 1/3 of previous value)
  • Tweaked: footDamage parameters tweaked for object (roadway) surfaces
  • Tweaked: Durability of shoes (damage system hit-points of shoes)
  • Tweaked: Epinephrine provides a complete stamina refill for 60s (formerly just a one time boost)
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Beans 5

Good for you (pc players) ... which is really not the case, for consoles players (Xbox one) unfortunately ...

We are impatient and really believe that the developers have nothing to do of us (console players) 😪😪😪

• Haha 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 2

good for you? this bugs fixed is for you too.

Please dont push to stable any patch if need many fixed, all this patch they must have been for the experimental ver

• Beans 1

9 minutes ago, PaTChevaliers said:

Good for you (pc players) ... which is really not the case, for consoles players (Xbox one) unfortunately ...

We are impatient and really believe that the developers have nothing to do of us (console players) 😪😪😪

Console players must suffer😂

• Thanks 2

Ja jetzt muß ich auch mal was dazu sagen 🙈 letzte Woche wird noch aus Versehen ein Update - fuer xbox veröffentlicht sterben, und seid DM geht kein Visier mehr 🙈 🙄 dazu Wird gesagt es kommt Eine fix., Der bis heute noch nicht gekommen ist 🙈 Server total über müllt 😡 😡 wieso wird nicht wie beim PC jeden mittwoch server bearbeitet? Bitte macht jetzt mal wirklich was seid 2 Monate interessiert es keine Sau wie Katastrophal es auf der xbox ist 

Edited by BiGTonY1988

Thanks for fixing hot bar/keys in inventory problems, seems to be working now.

Strange occurrence on current experimental. I had (2) IJ-70 magazines on my character from a previous experimental build. I can't seem to properly interact with them. I can't put bullets in them, I can't put them in my hands. I can manipulate them in my existing inventory slots but if I drop the pants they are in I can't pick them up out of the pants.

edit: picked up a new IJ-70 mag and that one wasn't able to be reloaded either.

Existing bugs I would love to have looked at:

• Dead player bodies need to stay much longer then the default values and even longer then the newly added adjustments
  • Sometimes taking a cooking pot out of a fireplace makes the game crash for multiple users in the area
  • "Static" Audio pop when you come in a 50-75m range of a drivable vehicle
  • Portable gas stoves in your inventory making a noise when spawning in or if you have one in some type of storage or buried item you can hear it engage when you come in a 5-10m range of it
Edited by USteppin
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Amazing job guys! Current pace is fantastic and super responsive to pressing issues! Keep it up!!

Yeah, I agree. They've really been pushing out the updates lately, and they've been extremely stable, too.

25 minutes ago, PaTChevaliers said:

You may not have heard, but the updates are given to PC first since it's easier to deploy the updates. Once the updates are verified as 100% working, then they are pushed out to the consoles.

20 minutes ago, radamantyz said:

good for you? this bugs fixed is for you too.

Please dont push to stable any patch if need many fixed, all this patch they must have been for the experimental ver

What? Are you telling them to not push it to stable? Why? That's why Experimental exists. To test the patches before being pushed. These issues that have gotten fixed are kinda important to getting smooth gameplay.

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Tweaked: 100 new player spawn points for server hopping (all with positioned away from the coast) 

As a fresh spawn I reached this position with one server hop. 90 seconds gametime.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1789214784

Edited by ImageCtrl

1 minute ago, FRAkira123 said:

Little suggestion and maybe a fix to do : Explosion of gas station don't kill zombies.

The explosions definitely need work imo.

Everybody I speak to wants the mini-nuke style blast from the old days. 

Although I wonder if the grenade fix in this patch, sorts your zombie issue out?

7 minutes ago, ImageCtrl said:

As a fresh spawn I reached this position with one server hop. 90 seconds gametime.

Link not working for me. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PaTChevaliers said:

Dude they first need to polish on PC before sending it to consoles, I'm on Xbox too but I know that it's not easy

• Beans 1

@thurstonn They tend to push them to stable too early stating that things are fixed but still appear to be broken.

• Beans 1

45 minutes ago, thurstonn said:

Yeah, I agree. They've really been pushing out the updates lately, and they've been extremely stable, too.

You may not have heard, but the updates are given to PC first since it's easier to deploy the updates. Once the updates are verified as 100% working, then they are pushed out to the consoles.

What? Are you telling them to not push it to stable? Why? That's why Experimental exists. To test the patches before being pushed. These issues that have gotten fixed are kinda important to getting smooth gameplay.

I mean that before making a patch to stable version fix the bugs that have, that there is an experimental version, all these patches should be included in the 1.04 before they push to stable , 1.04 was rushed with a lot bug that everyone reported from the first moment

(dont rush)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, FRAkira123 said:

Little suggestion and maybe a fix to do : Explosion of gas station don't kill zombies.

submit a ticket for it .. they may not know

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

You guys I understand why you put in the spawn points, but ya'll just made it so much harder for people to meet there friends more so new players please just make it 1 to 2KM away

Edited by doctorv93

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Hello Survivors,

We have a new Experimental Update going live. Please, report encountered bugs here or in our Feedback Tracker.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: 6-M7 Grenade did no damage (T141844)

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: 100 new player spawn points for server hopping (all with positioned away from the coast)
  • Tweaked: Global lighting config (changed the thresholds, toned down the blue during overcast dusk and dawn, desaturated the cloud textures)
  • Tweaked: Lowered damage from all surfaces to the shoes (damage constant lowered to about 1/3 of previous value)
  • Tweaked: footDamage parameters tweaked for object (roadway) surfaces
  • Tweaked: Durability of shoes (damage system hit-points of shoes)
  • Tweaked: Epinephrine provides a complete stamina refill for 60s (formerly just a one time boost)

Please, tweak the Base Damage values.

I finally want to build bases on vanilla servers. Just increase the stability values by 50 or 100,  increase the tool damage a few times.

Thats enough workaround fix, to at least be able to use this function until you have a better solution.

P.S, please also fix bullet damage values,  its so frustrating to hit unarmored dudes 5-10 times with 9mm and they still dont go down. Or 2x timews with mosin center mass and they run on.. Comon.

Edited by krazikilla
  • Beans 1

I wonder how much the re-spawning will need to be tweaked before its actually good. 

IMO it would make sense to teleport the player 1-2 KM away from logout point, or to the closest town. 

1 hour ago, justice5150 said:

IMO it would make sense to teleport the player 1-2 KM away from logout point, or to the closest town. 

Well, that would still be better than nothing of course, but since they implemented the system to also deal with players hopping for fast loot gathering, 1-2km isn't really punishment enough to discourage players from waiting 75 sec and walking a little bit more.

Edited by 0.64 Freerider

3 hours ago, ImageCtrl said:

Yes, I was afraid that perhaps the system could be abused as a sort of "fast travel". That's why I believe it needs to be tweaked, so that it will put you to a random spot, but always on the SOUTH/EAST side of your last position and never NORTH/WEST of your last position. That way it could still be abused to "fast travel" back to the coast,  though still not precisely, unfortunately I don't really see any way around that.

• Like 1

You guys should keep going until you find a game breaking bug, THEN push it to stable. We love it so much when you do that. Oh, and do it on a Friday afternoon so we get no responses until Monday... if at all.

• Haha 1

I like the epi pen update. I wonder if some balance will be required to prevent spamming. How about a solution that makes sense, like using too many epi pens over a short period of time causes a heart attack (I mean, it was possible from batteries before, right?)

@ImpulZ

1. If you have a campfire with tripod and a pot with water in it, then when you take the pot out while the water is boiling the game crashes for everyone in a radius.

2. Cars....what happens with the cars ? The performance is ruined..
    1.03 with 90 players, not problem it was perfect ....everywhere

1.04. its a dessaser when bases are arround...

I was moving from berez to balota with 110 players on the server without lags or freezes, on top speed.

But the coast is empty...without bases...

The patch broke the cars...

11 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Yes, I was afraid that perhaps the system could be abused as a sort of "fast travel". That's why I believe it needs to be tweaked, so that it will put you to a random spot, but always on the SOUTH/EAST side of your last position and never NORTH/WEST of your last position. That way it could still be abused to "fast travel" back to the coast,  though still not precisely, unfortunately I don't really see any way around that.

yep, if something can be abused, it will be .. . .  . At least with the coastal spawn points, people were dissuaded from hopping, now if they are over the map, its worthwhile trying to game it . . . 

Not that I will be . . . . .