ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.151979

24 minutes ago, Kathosky said:

Thank you! I appreciate that you let me know, and you are right. I checked the version of official servers in a web page and it is as you said; 1.04.151979, so this hotfix is live in stable.

unfortunately there is a shoe glitch which means your shoes get ruined very quickly. A ticket has been raised by @freerider3434 - T141588

4 hours ago, aux7 said:

the server that I am currently on is stable and running 1.04.151979. I could be wrong, but currently everything is fine for me

Not fixed

Stable branch

Spoiler

tRz3Jnk.jpg

27 minutes ago, pr9inichek said:

Not fixed

Stable branch

yep, my shoes are badly damaged and I went through them very quickly. . . 

5 hours ago, aux7 said:

unfortunately there is a shoe glitch which means your shoes get ruined very quickly. A ticket has been raised by @freerider3434 - T141588

Shoe wear & tear has never functioned properly which is a shame. 

You're better off just wearing your sneakers those seem to not degrade or do it very slowly.

Come to think of it wear & tear has never worked properly on any item. A mp5 that goes from prestine to ruined in 50 shots? Glad i dont hold any H&k shares.

7 hours ago, McWendy said:

Shoe wear & tear has never functioned properly which is a shame.

yes, but this glitch ruins boots in a very short space of time, The original boots staying pristine all the time wasnt realistic, but who on here has been alive for over a year to wear a pair of boots out??

You're better off just wearing your sneakers those seem to not degrade or do it very slowly.

mm, threw them away .. .

Come to think of it wear & tear has never worked properly on any item. A mp5 that goes from prestine to ruined in 50 shots? Glad i dont hold any H&k shares.

my pet peeve. I have a long list of items that degrade far too fast. Completely kills inventory control (you have to have spares)

• Like 1

On 6/28/2019 at 6:26 PM, aux7 said:

That ticket was created by wouter.commandeur. It is indeed wondrous how some guy looks at the code and sees there is multiplication going on, but not the devs who wrote it...if it's true, that is.

T141588

Shoe damage is multiplied instead of divided, hence causing RAPID degredation of shoes

In PlayerBase.c line 1058:

shoes.AddHealth("","", - 1 * modifier_surface * PlayerConstants.SHOES_MOVEMENT_DAMAGE_PER_STEP * (float)PlayerConstants.CHECK_EVERY_N_STEP);

PlayerConstants.CHECK_EVERY_N_STEP = 10

So every step counts for 10 steps in this calculation. Causing pristine shoes to go ruined in under an hour currently.

Probably a copy paste error from line 1078:
float chance = modifier_movement * modifier_surface * PlayerConstants.BAREFOOT_MOVEMENT_BLEED_MODIFIER * (float)PlayerConstants.CHECK_EVERY_N_STEP;

Which uses the same thing, but is a chance instead of an absolute value.....

Please fix.

For me, the "menu overlay" bug is not solved. Still happens after a queue, and to bypass it I have been using the Steam launch options.

There is another bug that has happened twice to me. The first time I had an AKM and sprayed a full mag into a guy and bullets did absolutely nothing. He killed me right after with his SKS.

The second time I think it was with the AK-74 or AK-101, not sure which one, and happened the same but into a bunch of wolves. I had the chance to load a new mag, so I did, and this time the bullets worked.

And one thing that is really annoying is the shoes' tremendous degradation speed. I like the idea, but don't want to fix them each twenty minutes. There is not enough duct tape in Chernarus to fix that amount of shoes.

Despite this, I have really enjoyed this update so far. Good job, thank you, and keep it up!

11 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

That ticket was created by wouter.commandeur. It is indeed wondrous how some guy looks at the code and sees there is multiplication going on, but not the devs who wrote it...if it's true, that is.

T141588

stuff happens in coding . . .

I would never have noticed the shoes going off if the car hadnt blown up.  . . my friend mentioned that his shoes were ruined and he had to keep bandaging, but we didnt really click on it until we had to start walking again

21 hours ago, Kathosky said:

For me, the "menu overlay" bug is not solved. Still happens after a queue, and to bypass it I have been using the Steam launch options.

There is another bug that has happened twice to me. The first time I had an AKM and sprayed a full mag into a guy and bullets did absolutely nothing. He killed me right after with his SKS.

The second time I think it was with the AK-74 or AK-101, not sure which one, and happened the same but into a bunch of wolves. I had the chance to load a new mag, so I did, and this time the bullets worked.

And one thing that is really annoying is the shoes' tremendous degradation speed. I like the idea, but don't want to fix them each twenty minutes. There is not enough duct tape in Chernarus to fix that amount of shoes.

Despite this, I have really enjoyed this update so far. Good job, thank you, and keep it up!

Menu overlay bug happened to your on current experimental?

2 hours ago, 0.64 Freerider said:

Menu overlay bug happened to your on current experimental?

No. In stable, version 1.04.151979, which is the same as in experimental right now.

2 hours ago, Kathosky said:

No. In stable, version 1.04.151979, which is the same as in experimental right now.

Yes I believe the version number hasn't changed, which might be because the thing they changed did not require that. The whole "patch" is just one change to prevent the hud issue. In order to test that, we would need a FULL experimental server. Sadly it appears, they haven't thought of that before the weekend. See this post:

So, was wondering how fast boots and shoes are wearing out in-game?