ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.03.151457

How does the melee attack with bayonet work? I have bayonet attached to SK 59/66... which button does the melee attack?

Has anybody else encountered not being able to scroll the inventory all the way down?

1 hour ago, Dorka said:

How does the melee attack with bayonet work? I have bayonet attached to SK 59/66... which button does the melee attack?

If you've verified your game files, hold the weapon up with RMB and press F

The more I use the new melee, the more I’m liking it. It now seems that the fire axe is, once again, one of the best weapons to use. I’m easily taking out zombies in 3 hits. Previously, it was near useless compared to knives. The locked animation makes punching zombies a nightmare, because you need to be so precise. Bigger weapons are the way to go. The baseball bat is also an absolute beast, with the nailed variant dropping zeds in 2 hits.

It’s not perfect, by any means, but it seems to me that you need to get yourself a decent weapon to survive. No more relying on your fists!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

10 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

The more I use the new melee, the more I’m liking it. It now seems that the fire axe is, once again, one of the best weapons to use. I’m easily taking out zombies in 3 hits. Previously, it was near useless compared to knives. The locked animation makes punching zombies a nightmare, because you need to be so precise. Bigger weapons are the way to go. The baseball bat is also an absolute beast, with the nailed variant dropping zeds in 2 hits.

It’s not perfect, by any means, but it seems to me that you need to get yourself a decent weapon to survive. No more relying on your fists!

interesting, thanks

Found some issues with the skorpion iron sights with suppressor making a black screen, and black screen after respawn.

Haven't posted to bug tracker yet because I haven't tested it enough

Cool patch but ..

Fishing? Tanning and Leather Craft? Maybe soon? You know .. for immersion.

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

I am on 1.02.

How do I patch my game to this experimental 1.03?  I have this game on Steam.

Also, I can't seem to log into any server. Will patching to 1.03 fix this issue for me?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, aeligos said:

I am on 1.02.

How do I patch my game to this experimental 1.03?  I have this game on Steam.

Also, I can't seem to log into any server. Will patching to 1.03 fix this issue for me?

Thanks.

https://dayz.gamepedia.com/Experimental

Your issue that you can't connect is either you're running different version of the game, you've mods on/off or you've corrupted file(s). Verify the game files and check that you don't have any mods on or you only have the needed mods for the server up-to-date.

• Beans 1

Just giving this a run through,.. is the base building broken? I cant build a fence/gate or watchtower, All I can do is set the placement, then add logs and thats it I cant do anything else, unless Im missing something here?

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS

tetraceklin does not help
a cluster of zombies pushes a zombie through a wall with a window
no way to get out of the car olga from the back
lost sight of the player who aims scope tundra , if you look at him from the side

maybe you should not touch control? I tried to set it up for 30 minutes and it didn't work out

Ok, so I’m noticing EVEN MORE new things regarding the melee...

Holding the attack button now makes your character continuously strike (pretty sure this is new?)

Also, tapping the attack button makes your character perform a jab-like attack that DOESN’T drive your character forward. 

Once again, it’s gonna take some getting used to, because pressing the button too long makes you swing and move forward. It actually seems a little bit temperamental at the moment, and certainly doesn’t seem to work with all weapons. I just punched a zed to death without any forward motion, so at least fists work.  

Thought it was worth letting people know, because I know the forward motion drives a lot of people crazy.

I know the devs seem to like not over explaining stuff, but I feel the new melee system should be better communicated, because it’s clearly driving a lot of people crazy.

Edited by ThePugman
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Just giving this a run through,.. is the base building broken? I cant build a fence/gate or watchtower, All I can do is set the placement, then add logs and thats it I cant do anything else, unless Im missing something here?

Can anyone confirm this? I need to know if its just me or the whole exp version. Also wearing gasmask and scoping with pso1 on svd results in clipping and blocking scope view.

Edited by ICEMAN-FMCS