Uncle Zed

Invisible zombies

Have any other server owners had a problem with "invisible" zombies? I've had two players tell me know that they were killed by a zombie that they couldn't see. 

One occasion caught on film 🙂

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

1) how did you post video into post? 

I can’t even post an image for whatever reason. 

2) are you sure you weren’t getting shot at by someone w suppressor?  Seemed more like “pops” than a beat down by zombie , maybe?

I just pasted in the link, and server logs confirmed I was actually killed by an infected. Investigation is ongoing, more players have been attacked by this evil bugger tonight...

its same town where im attacked two times by the ghost...
that town is cursed!

• Beans 1

11 hours ago, XFileGunner88 said:

1) how did you post video into post? 

I can’t even post an image for whatever reason. 

2) are you sure you weren’t getting shot at by someone w suppressor?  Seemed more like “pops” than a beat down by zombie , maybe?

I can confirm no one was shooting at him. The server is a very low pop server and no one PVP's, plus he was very likely the only one on the server at the time. I hope BI is able to help with this. We have a ticket opened in the feedback tracker. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T137680

• Like 2

Is anyone else experiencing this? One theory I had was that a zombie was somehow saved as a persistent item in the database and as a result was invisible and unkillable. I deleted the "types" files in the database in case my theory was right, but the invisible zombie is still there. It's in two areas of the map so far. 

I was attacked in multiple towns near the coast and even once in a small town East of Zeleno.

I appears as if an infected gets aggro'd and ends up eventually punching you to death. It still has most of the constraints of a normal AI Zombie (you can sprint away from it, and it cannot get through doors) but you cant see it, hear it, or hurt it.

Bumping this for @BetterDeadThanZed as this is also my go-to Community Server....