kopo79

the real hardcore survival server

3 hours ago, kopo79 said:

kind of my thoughts...
dug server is best for now but its hard to get on the server because of queu and if you are not whitelisted.
but this profes that hardcore server with good tweaks and good community for server is key for success.
everytime i go dug server,it feels like home...died multiple times at fresh spawn but when you manage to overcome difficulties,it becomes intense like hell.
there is room for maybe 5 hardcore servers if you look playerbase...

still,sometimes feels that guns are way too easy to find on servers...if you find gun after 20 minutes playing..it doesent give me anything to enjoy...but after two hours...its like you won lottery:D

Yeah DUG is my main server as well, best one out there. Only problem I have with it is the zombies. I just can't deal with vanilla zombies. They're like decoration and no threat at all. Doesn't influence gameplay, doesn't force you to change your tactics etc.

insane question...
have anyone played on server where guns and bullets are reduced?...
i have played on few servers and those are really good...good mods but it always feels like a gun fest.
its a apocalyptic world and guns and bullets are in almost every house and barn.

I'm trying to tweak my little server into a challenging PvE and survival experience, but without mods. So far it is crammed full of infected and food drops from them reduced. I have tried to reduce fruit without removing it outright - I'm not too impressed by the complete removal of fruit/mushrooms on DUG, it doesn't feel right. I might need to reduce food spawns in the world, but when zeds don't carry food it seems the amount of canned food is fairly balanced. 

I've heavily reduced ammo drops from zeds - since you tend to kill them by the dozens they became the primary source of ammo. Guns need not really be touched, by limiting ammo and with scores of infected roaming military sites, getting guns and ammunition is not a walk in the park by any means. Nor is scavenging larger towns for food, tools and car parts. I'm pretty pleased with the results so far, I am now hoping that the balancing the devs are talking about will take care of the medical and survival aspects that I can't alter without using mods.

And broken bones/bows of course. Once the bow is in ammo can be reduced even more...

for me its like immersion also.
if i go on some server i'll try to feel that apocalyptic world.
i become some walking dead loner.
but feeling is just usually killed by wrong immersion with bullets in every shelf and shotguns in every barn(behind hay) floor.

with machete,i can go long in dayz...but after long scavening...gun with few bullets makes me more safe....
but if i wanna big guns,more bullets...military area has it but also there is risks.

but im often armed when i visit,green house,barn,security office and red house.
but then there is also police stations,crash sites,police cars....
when you mix all of this...guns and bullets are everywhere.
IMO...civilian buildings should not have any guns.
better would be that you may find pistol from infected inventory or bullets...but very,very rare cases.

now i found my server(maybe)
i have played der harte kern server....there is many crafting options...guns are rare.it has medicalattention mod what is good.
only thing what dont like its winter map.
but they are going to change it to vanilla i guess.
all people,true hardcore fans...come to try it.
But of course,if there is more hardcore servers...hint me with the name.

• Beans 2

Let us know when they change to normal map.

On 12/21/2019 at 7:18 PM, kopo79 said:

now i found my server(maybe)
i have played der harte kern server....there is many crafting options...guns are rare.it has medicalattention mod what is good.
only thing what dont like its winter map.
but they are going to change it to vanilla i guess.
all people,true hardcore fans...come to try it.
But of course,if there is more hardcore servers...hint me with the name.

• Beans 1

Let us know when they change to normal map.

they gonna change map to vanilla tomorrow.

Edited by kopo79

1 hour ago, kopo79 said:

they gonna change map to vanilla tomorrow.

I checked it out and gave it a pass for the 'disable base destruction' mod. Indestructible bases hurt my immersion a lot. Let me know if you find a server which goes about that in an immersive way, if at all. Currently, I stick to vanilla. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Beans 1