eno

Sound glitch- anyone else hear it?

Curious if anyone has had this happen to them? 

I like the rain in the gutter... but you can go ahead and fix this whenever. 

I'm done going in buildings when it's raining for awhile. 

Edited by eno
  • Like 1

That water in drains sound effect has been doing that glitchy explosion entrance ever since it was implemented in beta, it scared me out of my frigging pants first time I heard it. I like the sound effect itself, it just needs to come naturally, not in that burst-your-eardrums-and-soil-your-pants kind of way...

Also the non-existent zombie collision and clipping into players in melee needs to be fixed quickly. It is more than annoying, it is potentially lethal when trying to fend off a minor horde at the door to a house. One second you stand in the door with the zeds struggling to reach you, the next you have stumbled through the first zed and are surrounded outside the house. Fix it.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 1

All I can say is thank goodness bugs like this exist otherwise I’d have nothing to complain about. 

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

Yesterday I tried to describe this sound, but I did not have a recording of this explosive effect. Very often I meet this.

Damn put a warning on that video. My ear drums are now none existent.
Tbh it made me laugh my ass off. I kinda like the idea that it's not a bug but in fact a jumpscare. I'm so glad I haven't had that happen to me.

I thought this would be about the lagging background audio for the wind, trees etc that seems to happen at random.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manamosy said:

Damn put a warning on that video. My ear drums are now none existent.
Tbh it made me laugh my ass off. I kinda like the idea that it's not a bug but in fact a jumpscare. I'm so glad I haven't had that happen to me.

I thought this would be about the lagging background audio for the wind, trees etc that seems to happen at random.

I actually ran out of the building because I thought someone had voip fucked me but then as I was exiting I heard the drain and quickly put the problem together. I do remember having that issue a long time ago but guess other items in the non existent roadmap took precedence. 

*scene*  a car drives serenely down a winding country road...

Nope.  Never had that but I have noticed that when you log back into a server, sometimes a sound that may have happened before or as you logged out comes out of nowhere   Big one for me is the flare.  If I log out with a flare in hand and log back in, it takes about a minute or so for the flare noise to happen

29 minutes ago, Guy Smiley said:

Nope.  Never had that but I have noticed that when you log back into a server, sometimes a sound that may have happened before or as you logged out comes out of nowhere   Big one for me is the flare.  If I log out with a flare in hand and log back in, it takes about a minute or so for the flare noise to happen

I get that quite often too.

When I log back next to my base, approx 15-20s after the login, I hear the sound of a tent or barel opening.

5 hours ago, matiman said:

I get that quite often too.

When I log back next to my base, approx 15-20s after the login, I hear the sound of a tent or barel opening.

There was also one where the sound of a gunshot would occur... freaked me out a few times when guys would log out nearby.